A Very Interesting Vegas Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Very Interesting Vegas Spot

I haven't posted here in too long but this hand is making me crazy and would appreciate people's opinions on it. Hope you are all keeping well.

Playing 2-4 in the Venetian poker room on a Saturday night. I am approx 250 BB deep after buying in for 100 BB and grinding for a few hours (5 hours maybe). I have been playing solid poker and winning some small and ok sized pots along the way. I have not gotten out of line except for one hand against Villian 1 where I fired 3 bullets into a big pot (it was a believable line) and Villian 1 tanked for 3 minutes before calling with middle pair no kicker. 99 times out of 100 that is the wrong call against me in that spot but Villian 1 felt great about the call. That pot was 300-350 in size and happened about 2 hours ago. Villian 2 had not arrived at the table at that point.

It is 3am and the drunks have not arrived yet but most people at the table are at least 150 BB deep and it is a lively table. There are a healthy mix of wild players, Chinese tourists, guys, girls etc and one loud couple from the South who play every hand and give a lot of action. People are ordering each other drinks etc. I'm sober.

Hero is in MP. Villain 1 is in the CO and Villian 2 is in the BB. Both are playing deep. Villains 1 is the man of the couple from the South and Villian 2 is an Asian girl who LOVES to get involved in pots and gamble.

I have QK

UTG and UTG + 1 fold, Hero raises to 14, folded to Villian 1 in CO who raises to 30, folded to Villian 2 who calls from BB and I call. Pot is 92.

Flop comes 9J Q

BB bets 35. I raise to 75. CO thinks for 30 seconds and then makes it 175.

At this point I put CO on either XX, some AQ, JQ, 10J or JK type hand. Or the other half of the time she has air. She thinks BB has nothing, I am raising BB's nothing and I can be beat off this pot with a raise. I don't see BB betting or CO raising a set here.

Pot is now 375 ish.

I expect BB to fold. BB calls for 140 more. Pot now 515 ish and it is 100 for me to call. At this point I don't really have to be behind.

Call or Raise?

I call. Pot is 615 and I have about 850 behind.

Turn is 7

BB checks. My move?

I bet 350. Not sure about this move. Don't like it actually. Check or shove is what most people will advocate and this is the part of the hand I most hate. Figure it was giving draws the wrong odds to stay in but enough that they would.

CO has 700-800 behind. CO calls.

BB Snapcalls. To me this indicates a flush draw and-or straight draw.

Pot is now 1250 ish.

River comes K

BB thinks for 15 seconds and bets 250.

Alarm bells go off.

Thoughts???

What do I beat here? JK, QK, bluff. The bet screams value bet but the line is weird all hand. Flush seems possible. And what about CO behind me. Am I putting 250 in here only to get raised? Fold to a 6-1 bet with top two?
    Last edited by pocketdooz; 11-12-13, 03:14.
    No Sig To See Here

Hand is bananas.

Why raise the flop?

Why randomly bet the turn into CO who has raised at every available oppurtunity in the hand, including putting in another bet after a lead and a raise on the flop?

Just fold the river, It is almost quite literally impossible for you to have the best hand.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
      Hand is bananas.

Why raise the flop?

Why randomly bet the turn into CO who has raised at every available oppurtunity in the hand, including putting in another bet after a lead and a raise on the flop?

Just fold the river, It is almost quite literally impossible for you to have the best hand.
      On the flop, are you just flat calling? You're not folding obv.

Bet was not smart on the flop. I know that much. What is right move here?
      No Sig To See Here

Comment

Just call the flop , raising is essentially allowing all better hands continue and worse hands fold , raising achieves nothing positive , u are bloating the pot with a marginal hand in a 3 bet pot.
        Call the flop and reassess the action of the turn.
        It's crazy to say no one can have a set here , why on earth not , of course they will raise a set of this dangerous board 3 handed.
        Bet on the turn is absolute madness, at this stage you want to show down the hand as cheap as possible.
        And on the river , pretty much everything gets there , there is nothing you can beat, even if the small river lead is a blocker and not a value bet, it's still prob with a better hand than yours.
        To sum up , call the flop bet , if the 3rd player raises and the 1st player calls, then fold.

Comment

Yes I think raising the flop is crazy, and once you do you should fold to the CO. It doesn't matter that he might be bluffing, he has position and can play the hand very profitably from then on.

Comment

WTF is going on here I don't even
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

[x] interesting

[ ] for the same reasons you think it is

Comment

Just fold the flop, your deep, out of position against a range that crushes you - and you're going to hate most turns and rivers. If this was online you'd snap fold but you're probably outleveling yourself because it's slow live poker.

Comment

Working...
                X