Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeing a card as it's dealt

live 270+30 f.o.
    13 left 11 paid (though tourney details don't really matter)

Dealer is dealing cards , as he deals the second card to the big blind player, utg+1 takes off his headphones to say "i think I saw that card, it was a black 4"
    dealer gets a ruling, BB neither confirms nor denies.
    ruling called for and TD says play is to continue as normal as anyone who gets shite cards could just take a stab at getting a misdeal by saying "ooh I saw him get a Ace or whatever" which is fair enough logic. HoweverThe TD also said "sure ye all have the same info" which is clearly not true at all. as the BB knows if he's right, and the utg+1 knows if he really saw it (hypotheticaly) - Is this the standard ruling here?
    I felt it was unfair on the BB, as the guy who said it was so obviously being genuine and if the SB wasn't, lets say....middle-aged.. he would've shoved ATC since at his stage of the tourney the blinds and antes were very much worth taking! As it played the SB just went out about his business folding his 73 and the BB duly showed the 4

(although if I was the SB I would've shoved the 7 3 and been snapped by AA, to the sigh of , oh looked like a 4 )

i am actually 31 if thats middle aged ???? and u may as well get it right i had a 4 in my hand not 7 3

Comment

I was at the table and confirmed I saw the card too.
      It was my belief that you were supposed to announce if you had seen a card,
      the same as if you see the back of a card marked in any way.

TD's ruling is the TD's ruling but I have seen redeals done on the bak of this too.
      If there a definitive answer to this?
      JP, maybe you could run through this on the TD's ruling section of POKER 52...

Comment

Originally posted by gocall01 View Post
        It was my belief that you were supposed to announce if you had seen a card
        It is. If people keep abusing it then the TD could have made something of it then I think.
        I like his thinking behind the ruling though

Comment

Originally posted by howmuchisthat View Post
          i am actually 31 if thats middle aged ???? and u may as well get it right i had a 4 in my hand not 7 3
          OP is saying you (BB, aged 31) had the 4 and the SB (middle aged, all relative) normally would open shove with ATCs.
          Note - I know a lot of older individuals who are plenty aggressive in these spots.
          Last edited by gocall01; 06-09-12, 19:15. Reason: updating

Comment

Originally posted by howmuchisthat View Post
            side-plot but I think 31 is midle-aged??
            and apologies -yes I was perhaps wrong to place any weight on age of players in this modern world, and apologies too as it was also a 4 (a second as opposed to the 4 the bb had)! Anyway I stll think you should be shoving, if I remember correctly you said if you had two cards higher than a 4 youd've shoved - but the whole point is you know hes folding no?

How and ever, my real and minor question was what is the fairest ruling, say I've looked down at 62 utg and as i glance up I see the A being tossed to the button a)should i say anything given i'm folding (and what if i have jj for example) and b) if i tell everyone the BTN just got dealt the A surely the hand is f***ed and is should be a misdeal?

granted this could be used as angle but what ae the ods of guessing a card (1/13..?) so misdeal+check card,card not right=penalty...

Comment

Originally posted by Kie Diddy View Post
              so misdeal+check card,card not right=penalty...
              agree ! Just why missdeal ? if the card is 4 treat it like flash card , if not - continue the hand + penalty

Comment

Working...
              X