Where to go from here!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to go from here!?

Hi, I've posted here only the odd time but have read for about 2 years and found it great for advice and learnt a lot from peoples takes on hands etc. Sorry if this is a rantish but i'd love a bit of advice from people on here as none of my friends play poker seriously..

Started playing online in 09, only tournaments for small buyins, was doing it for the craic and just punting really. Read Super System in summer of 2010 and started reading theory and playing improved a lot as a result. Won a rush tourney on full tilt for nice score and had had two other final tables (one rush, one regular) for decent paydays. I had a fairly basic strategy of aggression and pressure but wasnt an expert by any means.

Sat my final years college exams in 2011 and was in the US for the summer so played very little poker but read a lot of strategy etc.. Im now doing a masters so haven't much time to play and haven't much of a bankroll.. Just throwin in tenners and twentys here and there and havent had any result to speak of since, not playing well at all really and frustrating myself..

I'd love to get on advice on what would be the best tourneys to target given i only really play once a week or two weeks as ive never had a proper plan, just played whenever i have time really. Cheers

Sounds to me like you'd be best off playing 45-180 man sit n goes on stars really, depending on what sort of bankroll you have. Check out eamonhonda's log in the personal logs section of the site. He turned $100 into $1k playing these.

Comment

I only play around once a week now myself and don't have the patience/motivaton for MTTs anymore so usually just play HU games.

Comment

the 45 man sit n gos would b a good place too start the variance in the 90 and 180 man games can get fairly sick at times and wudnt be the best games too try and build a roll....also try too avoid turbo games if u can. there is also sick added vaule games on boyles and paddy p every week perfect games too play to build a roll for $20 1k added and $10 2k added.

Comment

45s are a great way of building regardless of your starting bankroll I would start with the $1 or $1.50 buyins and progress as your bankroll allows and you feel your beating them. I moved up a level when my br had 100 buy ins for that level and down when I had 80 buyins. Very beatable with ABC poker tight is right, steals in the later stages should have no problem getting a return from lower buyins without anything fancy. If you feel you want to have a punt at an MTT go for it but don't enter one for more than your regular buy in. I did and all it did and another member here explained why its a bad idea, all it did was set me back. I withdrew a decent portion of my roll after I grinded to 1k and have been taking a bit of a break but plan to start back hitting the $3 45s again too so I might see you at the tables
          airport, lol

Comment

Cheers for the replies... Read ur log there Eamonhonda and think I might try and do something similar, wvp for achieving your target by the way

Comment

Feel free to pm me with any queries if you like or set up a log and post plenty of hands
              airport, lol

Comment

Working...
              X