Not very refreshing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not very refreshing

I dont know if this is an issue with the site or my settings but its annoying. Whenever i click to read a page of a thread after i scroll down and refresh for possible new posts it brings me back up to where i first got on?.

So lets say im on the last page of the bbv thread and im brought to the top of the thread as planned and when im finished reading the the last post and i click refresh and instead of it refreshing where i am im brought back up to the top of the of the thread or the point i last read before taking up the thread again?.

Does this make sense, any suggestions?

Instead of refreshing click the latest post link on the front page
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I always go back to my subscribed threads page and hit latest from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Instead of refreshing click the latest post link on the front page
        Not sure im getting you. I cant see any latest post link on the front page. I see the latest post section alright. I dont want to be clicking away from the thread to see has someone posted again

Keane im not with any subscribed threads. I just subscribed to bbv now but cant see how i can traverse to it from another thread.

Comment

Happens me sometimes too, and on boards too, so not just here. It works a good bit of the time though. No idea what is causing it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            Happens me sometimes too, and on boards too, so not just here. It works a good bit of the time though. No idea what is causing it.
            Ah at least im not on my own so. Seems to have started a couple of months ago but its always there for me.
            You can sometimes beat it by mouse wheeling down a click as soon as you refresh but im not sure if this is a fluke or not.

Comment

Ugh, this has started happening for me today too. Not fun.

Comment

quite often my logon gets me to my profile page, it might be that I use history open all the time and click that to open, but I just click my last entry and the profile page pops ip.
                tiny bit annoying and also not very interesting.

Comment

This always happens me, Drives me mad. Im using firefow fwiw

Comment

I posted a thread about this before as it was annoying the hell out of me. Hasn't happened for ages now, I assumed it was fixed.

Maybe try clicking a point on the last post you've read before hitting refresh and see if that works. If you're just using the scroller to page down and not clicking the screen, maybe the software thinks you're still at the top of the page.

edit, I've just tried it and it worked.

edit, edit, it seems it's refreshing fine for me anyway even if I don't click a point on the screen, meh I dunno.
                    Last edited by Lazare; 12-11-10, 18:47.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      I posted a thread about this before as it was annoying the hell out of me. Hasn't happened for ages now, I assumed it was fixed.

Maybe try clicking a point on the last post you've read before hitting refresh and see if that works. If you're just using the scroller to page down and not clicking the screen, maybe the software thinks you're still at the top of the page.

edit, I've just tried it and it worked.

edit, edit, it seems it's refreshing fine for me anyway even if I don't click a point on the screen, meh I dunno.
                      I see what you mean by the clicking the screen instead of just wheeling down and ive just tried that on a few different thread but no go.

Comment

Anyone else having this problem sporadically today?

Comment

Yep. Issue on the hosting side. Not sure what the problem is. Will see if I can get more info on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X