Card Dead or Play Ahead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Card Dead or Play Ahead?

1st level of the 30 game in the D1, 15k SS. Very crapshooty game. 1st level, last hand. Rebuys end after this. Eastern European guy UTG has 8kish which is half the average. This, for some reason isn't good enough and decides to shove and tell everyone before and during the hand that he is rebuying and just shoved to get a rebuy. Dealer tells him a few times to give over but he doesn't even slow down saying to every single person that he is shoving air.

This wouldn't be too bad I suppose still outa line but whatever. Folds to the blinds and SB is giving it serious thought. UTG then does something I've never seen before in a poker club and lifts his cards and shows both blinds his hand?! SB calls and BB folds before the dealer calls for the TD.

TD comes over and is explained what happened. Everyone at the table saw it as it wasn't like UTG made any attempt to hide what he was doing. TD after less then a minute of thinking ruled that the hands plays out. SB had A8 and UTG had 9 10. SB scooped btw.

So... What should of happened cause I'm pretty sure that isn't how it was supposed to of played out.

(BTW UTG plays there a lot and had 500euro sitting behind the desk in credit after winning a promo in there so is well known to TD)
    Last edited by MegaSin; 20-12-12, 20:45.

This is awful messing from the shover.
    His hand should be dead and given a warning.
    To much of this shit of people showing others there cards in all the clubs.
    God help you if you as much as look at your phone capital offence expect the gallows.

Its funny i like the club but the etiquette from many players is poor bordering on terrible.
    The place does be busy was there 2 mondays ago 3 full cash games so doing lots of things right was in the Jackpot till 1 30 monday before and didnt get a game going at all.

Comment

if you cant follow the rules you shouldnt be playing. hand dead no rebuy GTFO sir .

Comment

normally the rule would be hand is live, and plays out.
        punish the player with at least a 1 round penalty afterwards.

This case tho seems like he did it deliberately and with malice knowing he was going to cause problems, hand would still play out but id be considering removing him from the event.

Comment

Working...
        X