Omaha Cash Seat Choice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omaha Cash Seat Choice.

Basically the question is do you want position on thew good players or the weak ones. The example of players are based on some real players that I play with pretty regularly on the live circuit and no matter which seat i choose I often think at some point during the game that I'm in the wrong one!!

Any way this is not a quiz so I'd appreciate if people did not just guess and am more interested in the reasoning than the answer.

Seat 1. Always buys in for a good chunk and knows how to play however looses in the game due to the fact that when he goes behind he goes on serious tilt. His winning sessions are generally smaller than his losing ones. Puts the pressure on in big pots and has no fear of firing a big bluff in a big pot if he thinks your weak or with the loan ranger etc. Opens a lot of pots but very seldom 3 bets pre and never folds to a 3 bet pre.

Seat 2 Free Seat

Seat 3 Poor player but has been running very well latley(not sure if the run good matters) Will get it in with any kind of 2 pair bad FD combo in a multi way pot and often finds himself drawing very thin or dead on the turn. Never raises pre and if he fires the flop he will get it in 90%+ if reraised.

Seat 4 Usually drunk...serious value. Large stack (starting off anyway) Bluffs at everything and anything. Often raises pre fires the flop/turn/river with pretty much air. Calls light and is generally just a dream in the game.

Seat 5 Free Seat

Seat 6 Good player. Shortish stack typical good omaha player does most of the right things and knows when to get the loot in. Only criticism of his play is maybe his bluff % is to low so he does not get paid off enough but maybe in this game its the right option.

Seat 7 Free Seat

Seat 8 Very tight player. Shortish stack. Very easy to play against just calls with all his draws and gives up if they don't come. Probably winning a bit in the game overall due to how bad seat 4 is.

Seat 9 Free Seat.

The other seats are usually occupied by a random selection of tight players that come and go over the weeks, usually short stacking and going broke with AA at some point.

Anyway which seat and why?
    twitter
    moneybookers

has to be seat 5 for me chris. You have position on the aggro spew monkey as well as the bad player who gets it in multi way and the drunken whale. Not only that but the players behind you are tight. In this spot you can peel a lot v the bad players without having to worry too much about facing heat behind you with squeezes/isolation etc.

So yeah seat 5 and its not even close

Comment

Seat 5 for me too. Have position on the bad players as they lead out at flops and you can isolate pre or post flop and the players behind you will only get involved with with the nuts or close. Sounds like a nice game!!

Comment

5 obv

Comment

5 but I really wouldn't post stuff like this.... You never know who reads this place.
          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
            5 but I really wouldn't post stuff like this.... You never know who reads this place.

lol.
            its a random table at any festival in Ireland.

Plus everybody thinks they are the solid player!!
            twitter
            moneybookers

Comment

seat 2 plz bob - pos on 1,6 and 8 important
              oop with 3 and 4, not so important

2 is a lucky number also imo

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                lol.
                its a random table at any festival in Ireland.

Plus everybody thinks they are the solid player!!
                LOL i def know who seat 1 is

Comment

Originally posted by bops View Post
                  LOL i def know who seat 1 is
                  Me too

Comment

its a bit easy to guess in fairness...
                    thinks alot of himself lol

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post

Comment

Seat 5 imo, but it is an interesting topic.

In general, my seating preference goes like this:

Sitting to the left of:

1 - a good, aggro (and/or loose), tricky player

2 - a spewy donkey

3 - a loose player that has a high PFR%

So if there's a table with all three, I'll take position on the good, tricky player. You should still win money off the spewy donkey (it's just obv easier in position) and you can adjust if you have a LAG pf player to your left. In Hold 'em, I still agree with this reasoning, but even more so in PLO. You're going to play hands against everyone, so I def rather have position on the good, tricky player.

If there's no player that I'd class as tricky, and I have a choice between left of the spewtard and the loose PFRer, I'd prob choose left of the spewtard. It can be annoying having someone aggro on your left, but you can adjust, and I think it's more +EV having position on the bad player.

Comment

seat 5 and it's not even remotely close
                          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Working...
                          X