bad etiquette? asking to see a mucked hand at showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad etiquette? asking to see a mucked hand at showdown

daniel negranu is commentating here and says its horrible etiquette, but as the saying goes you "call to see" you paid for the info.
    dont see why the better shouldnt show if his bet was called. (though id make sure i hit the muck hard if i wanted to rid my bluff cards here to avoid the embarrassment of showing)
    even if its obvious he has complete air here i dont see how its bad etiquette to want to see what he was 3 betting pre and bluffing with...was it the q high or 23?!

im presuming most replys will be agreeing with negraunu but i think if you pay to see there shouldnt be an issue with asking to see at showdown?

anyway here is the link 1.50mins in- [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bpuIQ-U7I0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

We just discussed this topic 3 days ago. Look for the thread "showing or mucking" by tipp86 in this, the 'rules and rulings' forum.
    Don't tap the tank etc.
    Last edited by curleywurley; 10-08-10, 20:53.

Comment

I saw a funny situation in a cash game in Killarney at the Ladbrokes last year.After player 1 bet the river and was called he threw away his cards face down.Player 2 insisted on seeing the bluff and a ruling was called.It was ruled he had the right to see the cards and they were turned over.It so happened player 1 had back doored the nut flush which was the winning hand and was awarded the pot as his hand hadn't touched the muck.It was a substantial pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
        I saw a funny situation in a cash game in Killarney at the Ladbrokes last year.After player 1 bet the river and was called he threw away his cards face down.Player 2 insisted on seeing the bluff and a ruling was called.It was ruled he had the right to see the cards and they were turned over.It so happened player 1 had back doored the nut flush which was the winning hand and was awarded the pot as his hand hadn't touched the muck.It was a substantial pot.
        Lol - that was me who wanted to see his cards coz he was very well on & was reloading for €300!

Comment

If you think your opponent is inferior, don't do anything to antagonise or make their time at the table less enjoyable. They might not come back as quick.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
            If you think your opponent is inferior, don't do anything to antagonise or make their time at the table less enjoyable. They might not come back as quick.
            They will when they have the nuts & u wont let them fold it

Comment

i mightnt ask to see in a ring game, but i would for info in a tourney.
              its just i know id get looks for it, i dont see why people have a problem with it, those are the rules i called you, say good call and show me!

ya llyod- dont tap the tank i know sure.
              dice u beaut thats funny man, so sick it would be in your head for the night and id end up playing every pot with him and losing it all trying to stack him

Comment

Working...
              X