Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Get your fields joke out of the way m8
    Yeah baby let the new jobs fly ?

Meh seems mad the West is shooting itself in the foot . They love the misery

Comment

Ed Sheeran is a a cunt for cunts who don't like music, Jordan Peterson is a cunt for cunts who dont like everything else.
      You're having a stormer of a day today.

Andy won't be happy but you're right with all of those assertions

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
        Yeah baby let the new jobs fly ?

Meh seems mad the West is shooting itself in the foot . They love the misery
        Cromwell still hurtin us the bastard
        airport, lol

Comment

Cromwell still hurtin us the bastard
          Have you pulled a triple shift. I recognise the descent . Finish your sentences with 'I'm not having a stroke' to avoid embarrassing ambulance situations. This one time...

Comment

Have you pulled a triple shift. I recognise the descent . Finish your sentences with 'I'm not having a stroke' to avoid embarrassing ambulance situations. This one time...
            Nah quite the opposite, tomorrows the weekend and I have a bottle of red and a rib eye steak for me tea
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
              That's enough of your silliness now.
              In your opinion.

Still waiting for your thinking of the interpretation of ordinary residence in relation to the Electoral Acts been the same as Taxation Acts. Have you considered the interaction with domicile?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                In your opinion.

Still waiting for your thinking of the interpretation of ordinary residence in relation to the Electoral Acts been the same as Taxation Acts. Have you considered the interaction with domicile?
                I literally said I don't know what ordinary residence means because there's no definition in the Act, none in the Interpretation Act and no judicial determination on the point. There's also no generally accepted meaning of the section.That was my precise point - that you're making it out to be black and white when it's really not.

You continue to be unable to put forth anything in support of your bullshit hand-wringing that there's either been or will be a commission of electoral fraud or that many illegal ballots will be cast. You won't produce it either, because it doesn't exist and nothing you've contributed on this topic has been anything but nonsense and conjecture.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Ooooohhhhh, San Sebastian.

Rather pleasant to say the least.
                  Heading here for 10 days mid Aug after a weddding in Bordeaux. Good to see its living up to reputation.
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                    This added the 0s in front but changed the end digit of each.
                    Whatcha talking about Willis!?

This works perfect if you do it right

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                      Heading here for 10 days mid Aug after a weddding in Bordeaux. Good to see its living up to reputation.
                      Start Praying for sunshine. Ask Lazare and Kev to pray for you also.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        The tails cook really quickly so if you cook them in their shell, they barely have time to absorb the flavors in the pan, and all the butter etc. stays on the outside of the shell.

They're a bit of a pain to peel raw, but definitely worthwhile, and the gut usually comes out quite easily also.

Personally, once peeled, i put butter in a pan, with 3-4 cloves of crushed garlic which i just cook gently for a few minutes, i also add a little bit of crushed chillies for a bit of heat. i then add the tails which i cook at medium heat for a few minutes, tossing and coating them regularly, and I serve them warm.

i'm sure everyone has their favorite way of doing prawn tails, but that's the way i like em.
                        Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        Lovely job. I am in the Butter, Garlic, Parsley, Lemon camp. I may do a small batch with chilli. Washing it all down with my very best white.
                        We were very lucky when living in portugal, could get large Argentinian prawns at Lidl for around 10 euro a kg, Jumbo(their version of Tesco) had every type imaginable all the way up to the giant black tiger prawns.

I second the oil garlic and chilli combination. Paprika is also another good one to add onto the prawns before the pan, then when you put them in and a dollop of butter it gives off an incredible aroma and taste

Comment

Gotta pay the bills . He was probably making a point
                          Ah would ya ever fuck off.
                          Fair play though, 100% would not have foreseen I'd be arguing the corner of Ed fucking sheeran at the start of the day
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Getting some prawns tomorrow
                            airport, lol

Comment

Getting some prawns tomorrow
                              How do I upload a video from my phone to here?

Comment

Best man speech two weeks from today.

Starting to work on it now. Very impressed with myself, normally a procrastinator.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

That Galway Girl is genuinely one of the worst songs I've ever heard in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                    How do I upload a video from my phone to here?
                                    No idea unless it's from twitter or YouTube. Otherwise you can't upload a video that I'm aware of
                                    airport, lol

Comment

So the prawns were a nuisance to peel. The digestive tract came away from about 25% of them but otherwise I was just putting in the hard yards once I'd discarded the shell.

2 large cloves of garlic very finely chopped, 1 very small banana shallot chopped very fine, glug of olive oil and a very large knob of butter, medium heat, add the prawns, about 25 of them (€10 worth anyway), and fry and baste until just cooked. Big squeeze of lemon, generous pinch of maldron sea salt, plate and dress with a good handful of finely chopped parsley. Serve with baby boiled potatoes dressed with olive oil and parsley, asparagus spears, and rocket salad dressed with rapeseed oil and apple cider vinegar. All in all, it was fucking delicious. Like proper fucking delicious.

The accompanying wine was an exceptional 2011 L'Abeille de Fieuzal Blanc, Grand Cru Classe de Graves which is an off the charts White Bordeaux from a vineyard owned by Lochlann Quinn, hence the only place I have ever seen this sold was in The Merrion Hotel. This wine rates as one of the best I've ever drank, ever. I've maybe 3 bottles left and I look forward to them.

My guest, had no desire for prawns and had a medium striploin, but thankfully brought a box of mini Cornettos, which were devoured with gusto. Post Dinner drinks are a Gin & Tonic, G'Vine and Fever Tree served with Pink Grapefruit.

All in all it was bloody class, the prawns were exceptional but I still have a burning desire to get the real deal. I don't eat enough of fish but I need to up my game, eat more fish and drink more white wine. All will be good in the world when that comes to pass.

If you're ever in Lisbon this place is worth the visit. Some of the best shellfish i've had

A Cervejaria Ramiro é um lugar onde a Tradição e a Gastronomia lhe proporcionam momentos inesquecíveis!

Comment

My guest, had no desire for prawns
                                        You went to all that trouble to source prawns and she wasn't into them?

Comment

Problem with fish and white wine is that it isn't beef and red wine.

Comment

I just drink red wine with fish, I don't care, I'm not drinking white when you're supposed to, it's time wasted when I could be drinking red.
                                            airport, lol

Comment

I get that, hence my crusade towards eating more fish. By more I mean I'd like to eat fish 6 times this year.
                                              I have a few tasting menus a year with wine pairing and always leave thinking I'm going to drink more (ie > 0) white at home and cook some fishy things to go with it. Think it takes more cooking skill than meat to get right, which I don't have.

Comment

So the prawns were a nuisance to peel. The digestive tract came away from about 25% of them but otherwise I was just putting in the hard yards once I'd discarded the shell.

2 large cloves of garlic very finely chopped, 1 very small banana shallot chopped very fine, glug of olive oil and a very large knob of butter, medium heat, add the prawns, about 25 of them (€10 worth anyway), and fry and baste until just cooked. Big squeeze of lemon, generous pinch of maldron sea salt, plate and dress with a good handful of finely chopped parsley. Serve with baby boiled potatoes dressed with olive oil and parsley, asparagus spears, and rocket salad dressed with rapeseed oil and apple cider vinegar. All in all, it was fucking delicious. Like proper fucking delicious.

The accompanying wine was an exceptional 2011 L'Abeille de Fieuzal Blanc, Grand Cru Classe de Graves which is an off the charts White Bordeaux from a vineyard owned by Lochlann Quinn, hence the only place I have ever seen this sold was in The Merrion Hotel. This wine rates as one of the best I've ever drank, ever. I've maybe 3 bottles left and I look forward to them.

My guest, had no desire for prawns and had a medium striploin, but thankfully brought a box of mini Cornettos, which were devoured with gusto. Post Dinner drinks are a Gin & Tonic, G'Vine and Fever Tree served with Pink Grapefruit.

All in all it was bloody class, the prawns were exceptional but I still have a burning desire to get the real deal. I don't eat enough of fish but I need to up my game, eat more fish and drink more white wine. All will be good in the world when that comes to pass.
                                                If you want selfish in the shell, eat crab or spider. Dublin Bay prawns or langoustines are all about the tail. The pincers have so little meat, it's not really worth it. The rest of the body is only good for stock imo.

Comment

...Heading to Ed Sheeran next Friday...It'll be my 4th time to see him and as exited as the first...
                                                  ...#imacunt...

Comment

I get that, hence my crusade towards eating more fish. By more I mean I'd like to eat fish 6 times this year.
                                                    Get into ceviche. Phenomenal stuff

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      Ah would ya ever fuck off.
                                                      Fair play though, 100% would not have foreseen I'd be arguing the corner of Ed fucking sheeran at the start of the day

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Any movement on the pudding front GAB?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            Would also love to have more fish cooking skills! Well cooked fish is sublime.

Used to make a phenomenal seafood chowder when living in Howth and it was easy to get a kilo of 'fish bits'.
                                                            Camp site any use?

Comment

I just drink red wine with fish, I don't care, I'm not drinking white when you're supposed to, it's time wasted when I could be drinking red.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                Would also love to have more fish cooking skills! Well cooked fish is sublime.

Used to make a phenomenal seafood chowder when living in Howth and it was easy to get a kilo of 'fish bits'.
                                                                I'm too lazy to cook sophisticated dishes, but the only time I really made the effort, I did a 7 course fish feast for 20 people, which started at 5am with a trip to the fish market, and then prepping and cooking for 15 hours.

It was pretty phenomenal if I say so myself, but I retired after that. I'm just not cut out for hard work.

Comment

When i spend time out west here. I haul my own lobster. I also go deep sea fishing, with cider. No photo to hand, but it's class. I also put on the wetsuit and go diving for scallops, I choose not to post this on social media though as I don't want other going to the bay diving for them. Hence I've no accompanying photograph. I normally accompany all of the above with some rack of connemara lamb and lashings of vino. Life's good.
                                                                  Sounds pretty fuckin awesome.

Comment

crisp sambo watching golf. pig in shite .

Comment

crisp sambo watching golf. pig in shite .
                                                                      Here comes TW!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                        Here comes TW!
                                                                        the wagon ?
                                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hKsyebZUrA >>

Comment

Mark Roe really struggles to hide his Tiger hate.

Comment

Fresh prawns I'll mostly just fry in a bit of butter and let the prawn speak for itself.
                                                                            If I am adding anything I'll go the whole hog and make an elaborate Indian curry sauce.

Dinner tonight was asparagus picked 5 minutes before eating.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

BBQ fish is the only way.

Anyone wanting an easy unreal fish dish try this, Moqueca.

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                Jolly good, old man

Comment

When i spend time out west here. I haul my own lobster. I also go deep sea fishing, with cider. No photo to hand, but it's class. I also put on the wetsuit and go diving for scallops, I choose not to post this on social media though as I don't want other going to the bay diving for them. Hence I've no accompanying photograph. I normally accompany all of the above with some rack of connemara lamb and lashings of vino. Life's good.

We regularly stay at Ervallagh Bay just outside Roundstone and down the road from Ballyconnelly.

Where do you get the lobsters from?

Comment

...In...

...The above is my response to whatever Eurovision competition is organised by Hitch tomorrow...

Comment

Great video of Mark Williams best bits from this year's Worlds

Recent snooker world champion Mark Williams no look shots, shots with eyes closed, belly shots, underarm snooker shots, best snooker pots, snooker safeties a...

Comment

Sea bass fillets are the easiest tasty fish.

Slice diagonally across the skin with a razor sharp knife, half inch apart, careful not to slice through (This stops it curling up on the pan).

Rub both sides with olive oil and cracked salt.

Heat a griddle pan to smoking hot and place them skin side down for 5 mins. Use a sharp tongs or spatula to turn and cook flesh side for 2 mins. Squeeze half a lemon onto it, on the griddle, suck in that lemon steam, plate it up and eat.

Crispy skin and soft flaky flesh. So good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                          (This stops it curling up on the pan)
                                                                                          I used to score my fish because thats how ive seen it done elsewhere, I only found out recently that was one of reasons why.

Big fan of mackerel too, lucky to have kish fish beside me but it closes before I can get back from work and I'm not capable of thinking two meals ahead
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                            If there enough dead pixels it should be in the warranty, ask them. Assuming they don't figure out you were the one that fecked it. Try running this to see if any are just temporarily stuck pixels and can be fixed. http://www.jscreenfix.com/fix.html
                                                                                            Also try massaging the area a bit.
                                                                                            Nah I was a bit silly thinking it was just a pixel or two yesterday.

There is a crack on the screen in the corner so yeah.. I broke it

So I would highly doubt t'would be under warranty. Will head in anyway, but wanted a back-up to get it sorted on the same day I head in regardless

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I used to score my fish because thats how ive seen it done elsewhere, I only found out recently that was one of reasons why.

Big fan of mackerel too, lucky to have kish fish beside me but it closes before I can get back from work and I'm not capable of thinking two meals ahead
                                                                                              One meal ahead with fish is best practise though. Swimmin in the sea in the mornin, swimming in your belly in the evening.

Comment

One meal ahead with fish is best practise though. Swimmin in the sea in the mornin, swimming in your belly in the evening.
                                                                                                Aye but the cunce close at 6, its a catch 22, excuse the pun
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Agree with this post. The 10k mark could easily be exceeded and no one will ever know.
                                                                                                  It could, but he said there were maybe 40k eligible voters. So I'm not sure what the issue would be if 15k.

On a related note (and this might be for Kayroo to answer). But where does it explicitly say that the act of voting while ineligible is a crime.

From my brief reading of the rules;
                                                                                                  1. In order to vote in an election or referendum in Ireland, you must be registered to vote.
                                                                                                  2. In order to be register of electors, there are the various legal criteria you need to meet from the Electoral Act.

If somebody is registered, when they shouldn't be. They have already broken the rules in relation the B. But what is rule further broken by exercising that vote?

Genuine question by the way, I'm not claiming to know the answer. I'm also not ignoring the intention behind these law. Nobody is going to prosecuted for remaining on the register. But, for shits and giggles, what is the law as written.

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  Problem with fish and white wine is that it isn't beef and red wine.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                    Nah I was a bit silly thinking it was just a pixel or two yesterday.

There is a crack on the screen in the corner so yeah.. I broke it

So I would highly doubt t'would be under warranty. Will head in anyway, but wanted a back-up to get it sorted on the same day I head in regardless

Definitely not being repaired under warranty with that crack in the screen I'm afraid.

Comment

...

Comment

I ate so many great things last night.

Octopus and beef cheeks being top of the pile. SS really is class.
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          I ate so many great things last night.

Octopus and beef cheeks being top of the pile. SS really is class.
                                                                                                          Bar hopping eating Pinxtos. Food is so good.
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Guacamole is the nut best...
                                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Meanwhile in Canada businesses are now made sign a form saying they support abortion to access government funding. Even the most hardcore yes among you must agree this is Orwellian.

Comment

Meanwhile in Canada businesses are now made sign a form saying they support abortion to access government funding. Even the most hardcore yes among you must agree this is Orwellian.
                                                                                                                Have they extended it beyond the perfectly reasonable change to the Summer Jobs Program initiated six months ago?

Comment

...

Comment

Seems fine to me.
                                                                                                                    It appears to be intended to stop funding to the likes of a 'pregnancy advice centre' that is really just a 'have your baby at all costs or go to hell you slut' organisation in disguise.

If the organisation is open to the concept of all options then it can access funding.
                                                                                                                    Choice is, as always, the key.

Comment

No as you well know that is not the truth, no one is asked to say they 'Support Abortion'. Organisations applying for funding for m the state for a Summer Jobs program have to tick a box a form stating that
                                                                                                                      both their core mandate and the job they want to use federal funds to fill, both respect the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms as well as other rights and associated case law.
                                                                                                                      Why out of all the laws and principles of freedom and inclusion so important to Canada would anyone consider that requiring a government funded summer student jobs program to respect those laws and principles be seen as an attack on anti reproductive rights campaigns?
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sea bass is mostly farmed swimming around in dirty water disease being rife in tiny cages. Same with salmon unless it’s from the pacific or 40 quid a kilo it’s farmed shyte.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          Why out of all the laws and principles of freedom and inclusion so important to Canada would anyone consider that requiring a government funded summer student jobs program to respect those laws and principles be seen as an attack on anti reproductive rights campaigns?
                                                                                                                          It’s the subtlety of Jack’s bullshit you have to admire.

“Canada did a thing that I have tortured into being abortion related. Surely the Irish campaign to remove the 8th can’t stand over this completely made up outrage from the other side of the Atlantic??”
                                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X