Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    the seller

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This week I have not eaten any meat at all bar some bits of bacon one morning. A lot more salads, fish and eggs in the morning. I'm feeling an awful lot better physically and mentally, I don't know if psychological or actually making a difference to my body but I am enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
          Think Ngannou being such a big fav for that fight is pretty absurd

Comment

@Keane; are you OK from a flooding perspective?

Other than that, congratulations on becoming a debt zombie like the rest of us.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If you feel that your partner has crossed a line here, then it’s because he has.
              The effect of power dynamics on epistemic positions! Men had it good for a very long time, and this is overdue to be fair. With the current swing and overcorrection men are in trouble for a while. It isn't about sex, it's about power.

Think how secure one must have to feel in the existing social climate relating to sex and power to be able to make the statement I quoted. A single person's intrapersonal subjectivity can now constitute the reality of an interpersonal encounter. No more aware than "She was asking for it."

Comment

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  @Keane; are you OK from a flooding perspective?

Other than that, congratulations on becoming a debt zombie like the rest of us.
                  We were lucky enough that my dad has a good friend from Limerick who in turn is good friends with an estate agent in the city. She has been very helpful even though this place is being sold by someone else, and is confident this place doesn't have flooding issues, but obv have to go about home insurance which should flag it up fairly quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Think how secure one must have to feel in the existing social climate relating to sex and power to be able to make the statement I quoted. A single person's intrapersonal subjectivity can now constitute the reality of an interpersonal encounter. No more aware than "She was asking for it."
                    I dont understand what this means. Speaki the Engli!

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                      I dont understand what this means. Speaki the Engli!
                      The reality of whether someone has done something morally wrong does not come down merely to the opinion of the person feeling wronged.

Comment

Dolores O Riordan RIP, only 46 too

Comment

Hope she doesn't come back as a Zombie
                          (too soon, sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            (too soon, sorry)
                            I did toy with the idea of saying she was young, didn't linger like

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              I did toy with the idea of saying she was young, didn't linger like
                              Came to say someone posted such on after hours, reported post galore.

I recall disliking her in my youth because the accent wrecked my head.
                              I copped on years later and acknowledged they.haf a few absolute bangers.
                              Rip
                              "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                You are right , something just doesn't add up.
                                2 plus 2 is 4, minus 1 that's 3 quick maths

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                  Came to say someone posted such on after hours, reported post galore.

I recall disliking her in my youth because the accent wrecked my head.
                                  I copped on years later and acknowledged they.haf a few absolute bangers.
                                  Rip
                                  Luckily we're an unmoderated bunch of ragamuffins over here

Comment

Loved her sexy accent. What a shame. A real tree hugger apparently. What happened her ?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      (too soon, sorry)
                                      Did you have to ? Did you have to ?

Comment

Comment

Zombie is just one of the best songs of all time.

Loved this walk out - http://youtu.be/pgK5g3rE2H4

Comment

How have I never heard of this/is this not a movie.DC10 jet plane too.must track down the aircrash investigation episode

Guy tries to murder pilot and crash plane,during struggle pilot with fractured skullflys plane upside down to disorientate attacker

Tucker pulled the plane into a sudden 15 degree climb, throwing Sanders, Peterson and Calloway out of the cockpit and into the galley. To try to throw Calloway off balance, Tucker then turned the plane into a left roll, almost on its side. This rolled the combatants along the smoke curtain onto the left side of the galley. Eventually, Tucker had rolled the plane nearly upside down at 140 degrees, while attempting to maintain a visual reference of the environment around him through the windows. Peterson, Sanders and Calloway were then pinned to the ceiling of the plane. Calloway managed to reach his hammer hand free and hit Sanders in the head again. Just then, Tucker put the plane into a steep dive.[3][7] This pushed the combatants back to the seat curtain, but the wings and elevators started to flutter. At this point Tucker could hear the wind rushing against the cockpit windows. At 460 knots (850 km/h; 530 mph), the plane's elevators became unresponsive due to the disrupted airflow. Tucker realized this was because the throttles were at full power. Releasing his only usable hand to pull back the throttles to idle, he managed to pull the plane out of the dive while it slowed down.[3][7]

Comment

Saunders.

Comment

Comment

Out of Interest is that Kingsmill Bread any good ? We use Pat the Baker and wouldn't mind a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                    Out of Interest is that Kingsmill Bread any good ? We use Pat the Baker and wouldn't mind a change.
                                                    It's full of sectarian bitterness which is an acquired taste.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Quite the lineup Shane MacGowen got for his 60th birthday gig tonight. Although you know that bellend Hansard is strong favourite to lead a chorus of Zombie to the crowd when he's on.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Wow that's excellent!
                                                        Goosebumps. Was the highlight of a poor card. Crowd singing along like it was a live performance.

Comment

Some real beauts on show tonight
                                                          #UniCh
                                                          Stern v Howe would be some deathmatch
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Some real beauts on show tonight
                                                            #UniCh
                                                            Stern v Howe would be some deathmatch
                                                            The bow in your mans hair is utterly ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                              The bow in your mans hair is utterly ridiculous
                                                              He has several million mentions on twitter approx three of which are favourable

MAgdlen going to wake up and just fail to snatch this from a hundred down

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                Quite the lineup Shane MacGowen got for his 60th birthday gig tonight. Although you know that bellend Hansard is strong favourite to lead a chorus of Zombie to the crowd when he's on.

Comment

Do solicitors typically do % of value of set fees for conveyance these days?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    He's looking well

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      Do solicitors typically do % of value of set fees for conveyance these days?
                                                                      Set fee for us in Dublin during 2015 anyhow, most seem to be set fees up here (probably lucky for people based here as if it were % I'm guessing we'd be screwed!)

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                        He's looking well

jesus. Delores should put the kettle on
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                          What did you make of her performance in the third round?

Still fair play to Paige for going the full distance with a broken arm that long shows serious mental strength.
                                                                          To be honest, I thought she was a little flat in the 3rd round. And she really should have finished the triangle from that position. It's one of the 4 key subs imo.

Page proved she is tough as boots. But for me that was established when Thug Rose smashed her and she didn't quit

Yes have been advised to get a proper structural survey rather than the standard valuation 'cast an eye over it' types the banks require.
                                                                          In addition to structural it would be worthwhile having a look at compliance with building regulations and compliance with planning permission. I'd actually be requesting certificates to confirm as much from the vendor - the bank may have already request already.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                            He's looking well

Mick D always looks well

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                              In addition to structural it would be worthwhile having a look at compliance with building regulations and compliance with planning permission. I'd actually be requesting certificates to confirm as much from the vendor - the bank may have already request already.
                                                                              Thanks for that. The estate agent friend mentioned something about making sure everything was up to spec as it's an old building that was renovated - good to have that reiterated.

Comment

We were lucky enough that my dad has a good friend from Limerick who in turn is good friends with an estate agent in the city. She has been very helpful even though this place is being sold by someone else, and is confident this place doesn't have flooding issues, but obv have to go about home insurance which should flag it up fairly quickly.
                                                                                You can check the current flood maps for the area via this link. This is what your insurer will be using in the main.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                    You can check the current flood maps for the area via this link. This is what your insurer will be using in the main.

http://maps.opw.ie/floodplans/fhr_map/en/
                                                                                    Not the first time lately your user name has seemed very apt

Comment

Not the first time lately your user name has seemed very apt
                                                                                      This may seem obvious Keane but don’t get swept up in the house buying euphoria. It’s an exciting time but be prepared to walk away right until everything is signed and done. Go through the survey and the legals forensically and don’t get too emotionally attached.

So many houses have problems so don’t buy somebody else’s problem in your haste. A few bob on good legals and a survey is money well spent regardless of something shows up or not.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

The most recent Derry Girls was very good. Something very nice about that series. Is there any other gems of Brit tv that are worth catching up on from the last six months or so? I presume McMafia is worth a watch? Then the obvious Peaky Blinders + Detectorists.
                                                                                            If you like Derry Girls maybe have a watch of The young offenders if you havent seen already its a film but the tv series is out soon on the BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                              This may seem obvious Keane but don’t get swept up in the house buying euphoria. It’s an exciting time but be prepared to walk away right until everything is signed and done. Go through the survey and the legals forensically and don’t get too emotionally attached.

So many houses have problems so don’t buy somebody else’s problem in your haste. A few bob on good legals and a survey is money well spent regardless of something shows up or not.
                                                                                              In fairness he seems to have thought about everything. I wouldn't have thought of even a tenth of those potential issues. But as general advice of less savvy house buyers than keane this has been a great series of posts!

A good engineer is worth his fee. We're sale agreed on a 20 year old house and he came up with a laundry list of items we hadn't seen or taken into account.

Seller didn't want to know as he was selling it "as-is". We asked for a considerable sum off or we were walking. It put a fire under him to resolve the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Thanks for the advice. I would say we're quite calm about the whole thing. We would be delighted to get over the line with this particular house but only if it's right. We are luckily renting a great place at the moment so there's no great imperative on us to move if it doesn't work out.

I think we have good people to look after the legals and surveys which will be a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                                  A good engineer is worth his fee. We're sale agreed on a 20 year old house and he came up with a laundry list of items we hadn't seen or taken into account.

Seller didn't want to know as he was selling it "as-is". We asked for a considerable sum off or we were walking. It put a fire under him to resolve the issues.
                                                                                                  What sort of fee were you looking at? I've heard people say around €300 but that sounds low for a deep-dive of a house.

Comment

What sort of fee were you looking at? I've heard people say around €300 but that sounds low for a deep-dive of a house.
                                                                                                    €400 + vat..

higher than some others but came highly recommended.

Comment

...

Comment

The most recent Derry Girls was very good. Something very nice about that series. Is there any other gems of Brit tv that are worth catching up on from the last six months or so? I presume McMafia is worth a watch? Then the obvious Peaky Blinders + Detectorists.
                                                                                                        This is brill
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

McMAfia is not bad latest episode was a bit flat but I expect it to pick up again.

You've seen Happy Valley and Line of duty?

Comment

NFL ratings smashed again after the Divisional Round worst in nearly a decade!

Comment

...

Comment

Five Galette des Rois events this week and last. Our own one, nanny, kids school, work, wife's workspace. These people love their frangipane and are surprisingly competitive about finding the good luck charm secreted within.

we make our own as it's our eldest's favorite cake so he has it even for his birthday. we've had 3 this week.Tastes amazing. even better than most patisserie ones

Comment

Bit slow around here today, bit more effort plz

Comment

There is a new direct ferry service starting between Cork and Santander in northern Spain starting in April.

The crossing will take 26 hours and will presumably be used by no one.

Comment

The crossing will take 26 hours and will presumably be used by no one.
                                                                                                                      Had a hearty lol at that sentence. Well played and dead right

Comment

Lovesick is good, short episodes and pretty funny

Comment

I'm a pretty stable genius when it comes to bitcoin trading.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X