Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone any experience of working with Paddy Power in Dublin?

Working in finance in Limerick (not hard to guess where) at the mo but just looking for a fresh change. Becoming a bit bored of there in general and would like a change.

PMs welcome etc.

Comment

Holy shit... stranger things is really delivering. Bit of a slow start but episodes 5 and 6 are really awesome.
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I checked my privilege just after breakfast this morning. Hope ye all remembered.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Flew up to lidl, brought co worker. 6 bottles of prosecco for the price of 4. Six per person.

Gonna go back again shortly for more cause I'm a greedy fucker.
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
              I checked my privilege just after breakfast this morning. Hope ye all remembered.
              Thanks, it's still there! Phew.

Comment

Comment

Brive rather entertainingly are down to 11 players at half-time vs Toulon. Don't think I've ever seen that before.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                    Havent heard such brow beaten claptrap in quite a while . No wonder men are having an identity crises .
                    If you are going to call the #notallmen hashtag as idiotic (sic) well then by the same logic the #metoo hashtag is equally bollix. Answering to the general theme rather than a specific post before HJ puts on his patronising pants
                    One is bringing too light the amount of sexual abuse, harassment and assault that has gone on previously unnoticed and women can face daily; the other is making the asinine point that entirely all men are not guilty of these crimes.

To spell it out of the slower members of the congregation, it doesn't happen on a one to one basis. A relatively quite small number of men probably are responsible for a huge proportion of the negative interactions we are discussing. The fact that all men don't behave badly doesn't take away from the enormity of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      It'll probably get to the point where a single lad on a date or out on a night will be terrified to initiate any sort of physical connection for fear of being labelled a creep.
                      I think a lot of sexless relationships and marriages these days can be pointed at men moving away from what women actually find attractive due to overly pandering to modern day expectations.
                      If trend continues I see the world being a safer place for women but them being increasingly less fulfilled in relationships as males are turning themselves into this almost neutral gender.
                      What a load of rubbish. A single guy on a date doesn't need to commit an assault on a women to initiate a physical connection. It's pretty sad that you see the male identity tied in violence and harassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                        What a load of rubbish. A single guy on a date doesn't need to commit an assault on a women to initiate a physical connection. It's pretty sad that you see the male identity tied in violence and harassment.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I literally made no mention to violence or harassment. But you generally need to make unconsented physical contact to escalate attraction on a date/s, I think with such negative attention around male actions these days, lads will be more shy in coming forward in fear of lecherous accusations.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            I literally made no mention to violence or harassment. But you generally need to make unconsented physical contact to escalate attraction on a date/s, I think with such negative attention around male actions these days, lads will be more shy in coming forward in fear of lecherous accusations.
                            You didn't make a mention of that, but the whole conversation is upon that topic.

There is no issue with someone on a date appropriately initiating some level of physical contact. It's a very good thing if the negative attention around males actions makes lads consider what is and isn't appropriate.

Comment

It's like no-one has any standards or moral compass anymore.

As a functioning adult, you should just know 'the right thing to do'. Something is FUBAR when millenials genuinely don't seem to know what does\doesn't constitute decent behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                It's like no-one has any standards or moral compass anymore.

As a functioning adult, you should just know 'the right thing to do'. Something is FUBAR when millenials genuinely don't seem to know what does\doesn't constitute decent behaviour.
                                It has nothing to do with millennials. It's not a problem that particularly afflicts the young. Harvey Weinstein is in his sixties. Not everyone, young & old, was lucky enough to be born with the same good sense and grace as the great El Stuntman.

Comment

whens the witch hunt against guys dropping the hand at youth discos gonna get going?

Comment

Heading to the second day of a wedding tomorrow which is a fancy dress party.

I'm going as Ibrahim Halawa. Mrs Lao Lao and her mate are going as my two sisters.

I've bought a cheap blue hoodie from Penny's and tipex'd on the Adidas stripes.

SPOILER

We've made up some badges

SPOILER

And some placards

SPOILER

Just need to trim the beard a bit and blacken up the face which I can do tomorrow

Too soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Too soon?
                                      Aftertiming imo.
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

It seems some people have a switch that makes them stupid and incapable of driving soon as they see a Garda car. Also reversing into a space should be part of the test and driving into a space and reversing out should be illegal cos people are fucking idiots that need about 25 points to turn when reversing out the cunts. And that Ibrahim Halawa is no more Irish than Cleopatra. He's Egyptian, he went home to take part in a protest knowing the risks. When he needs a bailout he's Irish. Gtfo. Should have left him there.

People. What a bunch of bastards

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                          And that Ibrahim Halawa is no more Irish than Cleopatra. He's Egyptian, he went home to take part in a protest knowing the risks. When he needs a bailout he's Irish. Gtfo. Should have left him there.

Comment

It seems some people have a switch that makes them stupid and incapable of driving soon as they see a Garda car. Also reversing into a space should be part of the test and driving into a space and reversing out should be illegal cos people are fucking idiots that need about 25 points to turn when reversing out the cunts. And that Ibrahim Halawa is no more Irish than Cleopatra. He's Egyptian, he went home to take part in a protest knowing the risks. When he needs a bailout he's Irish. Gtfo. Should have left him there.

You OK hun?

Comment

Like 9 rants in one.

With you on the driving ones though.

Comment

You forgot the "I'm not racist but.." bit. What measure of being Irish do you use?
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Should we not try and help any nationality who's been treated like that if it's possible? Shit way to think Dobby. And hes from Dublin.
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

If it was Danny Healy Rea u might care a bit more
                                                    Enjoy the rest of ur weekend

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                      Does Danny Healy Rae now protest at Muslim brotherhood protests. A great bunch of open minded lads. Seriously get a grip his sisters fled and are suing the Irish state for not allowing in there husbands.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                          Does Danny Healy Rae now protest at Muslim brotherhood protests. A great bunch of open minded lads. Seriously get a grip his sisters fled and are suing the Irish state for not allowing in there husbands.
                                                          He was acquitted of any charges
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            He was acquitted of any charges
                                                            Oj Simpson was acquitted of murderkng his wife and her lover. 🤔

Comment

Meant as a bit of a joke at poor dobbys rant
                                                              Calm down
                                                              No offence meant

Comment

Not everyone, young & old, was lucky enough to be born with the same good sense and grace as the great El Stuntman.
                                                                Undeniably true
                                                                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 28-10-17, 19:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                  You OK hun?
                                                                  Can't say here. Pm me babe xoxo

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                  Like 9 rants in one.

With you on the driving ones though.
                                                                  Yeah the driving one was the main one. It really pisses me off to see people try and reverse out of spaces when it's a million times easier to reverse in.

Anyway feel better now. Bad beat, moan, vent. Does what it says

Comment

Back to M&S today
                                                                    Still some metal man left
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Meant as a bit of a joke at poor dobbys rant
                                                                      Calm down
                                                                      No offence meant
                                                                      Lol. I'm not offended bit of time in an Egyptian prison might do Danny some good. He shouldn't be let out without a minder anyway. Bet you he's the type to drive into a space he can't reverse out of also

Comment

Lol. I'm not offended bit of time in an Egyptian prison might do Danny some good. He shouldn't be let out without a minder anyway. Bet you he's the type to drive into a space he can't reverse out of also
                                                                        Indeed
                                                                        At least Danny cares about the open air
                                                                        #dobbysbackontrack

Comment

...Best link for the Joshua fight?...can't download ace stream sadly, and current link isn't working...
                                                                          ...Great that I seen the Katie Taylor fight, so good...

Comment

It's funny listening to vinyl again, when you'll listen to a track you don't like for 3 minutes, rather than getting up of your lazy arse to skip it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              Back to M&S today
                                                                              Still some metal man left
                                                                              Think they're 4 for €10 in Tesco for a while now.

Comment

endless rain into a paper cup

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                  It's funny listening to vinyl again, when you'll listen to a track you don't like for 3 minutes, rather than getting up of your lazy arse to skip it.
                                                                                  What are you listening to?

Did you retrieve an old stash from years ago and buy a new record player?

Often when i hit a relatively dud track (i say relatively because many can grow in stature and favour over time) and couldn't be bothered to get up and skip (which is most of the time) i spend the duration analysing it in some way.

Maybe try to articulate why i don't like it - weak production, derivative, filler material and the like.

Or Google the musician or instrument who i think is most responsible for my dislike of it or Google album reviews to see if anyone else agrees or disagrees with me.

Or read up on the producer, songwriter, engineer, backing singers, session musicians involved etc..

I don't often get bored of listening to 'bad' music as there's always hundreds of questions - the who, what, where, when, how and why of how it came to exist that can turn it into a positive.

Hmmmm... that kinda makes it sound like hard work but if all music was good where would the joy be?

Or maybe just getting up and changing the record is easier

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                    What are you listening to?

Did you retrieve an old stash from years ago and buy a new record player?
                                                                                    Just revisiting shite from 30 years ago, on a shitty turntable from 20 years ago, with a new stylus. On my third bottle of crap wine. The scratchy Beatles Blue compilation with the green and white cut apple

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          Is that Katie boxing stuff real - like is she a genuine world champion, and her peers would (even begrudgingly) recognise her as best in the world? Never quite trust all those boxing belts and some of the shenanigans that goes on to keep certain players out, but obv don't know anything about the sport.
                                                                                          All I heard earlier was her opponent couldn't make weight so had to vacate the title. Probably something like interim champion. Didn't bother tuning in when it meant fuck all

Comment

Ibrahim was born in the Coombe and was brought up here. That seems about as Irish as you get unless you think there's some magical Irish gene.
                                                                                            If I was born prematurely in Mongolia does it mean I am Mongolian.

Anyway it is part of Irish law that being born here doesn't automatically make you Irish.

Comment

...
                                                                                              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-10-17, 21:49.

Comment

Not when he was born here. We only changed that around 2002 (unfairly, I thought).

And you possibly are Mongolian. Loads of world are a decent part Mongol due to Genghis Khan's super-sperm.
                                                                                                Michael McDowells great contribution to Ireland was in 2004 actually.

Haha fair point on the Mongolian.

All been said the Ibrahim was protesting for an extremist Islamic organisation right? Sounds like he got off the hook based on his supposed Irishness rather than been not guilty of the offence.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                  If I was born prematurely in Mongolia does it mean I am Mongolian.

Anyway it is part of Irish law that being born here doesn't automatically make you Irish.
                                                                                                  The man in question is Irish enough alright.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                    ...Best link for the Joshua fight?...can't download ace stream sadly, and current link isn't working...
                                                                                                    ...Great that I seen the Katie Taylor fight, so good...
                                                                                                    Terrible stoppage by the ref considering how the fight was going and what went on previously. The big heart shown by Takam.

Comment

I got a record player for Christmas and have been slowly building up the vinyl collection. I have 100's of CDs so eventually want to convert the whole collection to vinyl.

The thing I love about vinyl is that I am too lazy to get up and skip a song and therefore listen to entire albums whereas before, if I was listening to a CD or Spotify, I'd just click onto the next song or next album or even a totally different artist.

Have found that over time, most songs I might not love on first listen grow on me, as if I didn't like the band/singer in the first place, I wouldn't have bought the album.

Comment

Is that Katie boxing stuff real - like is she a genuine world champion, and her peers would (even begrudgingly) recognise her as best in the world? Never quite trust all those boxing belts and some of the shenanigans that goes on to keep certain players out, but obv don't know anything about the sport.
                                                                                                        She’s at least as legit as most boxing champs,boxing is a joke shop of a sport for people ducking their toughest opponents and so is MMA now thanks to a certain irishman

Comment

Watching Tina Turner on ITV, jesus what a woman, 77 and still has it!

saw her in concert in the 02 yrs ago, was the best concert I was ever at in my life and she was 70 then and by jesus she gave it socks!

Must actually watch her movie again was excellent
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Think they're 4 for €10 in Tesco for a while now.
                                                                                                                1.50 in M&S.
                                                                                                                Money well spent
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Is there anyone she should have fought but didn't?
                                                                                                                  No .I’m talking about male boxing champs m8.she is real deal in her sport

Comment

GL Lazare if browsing - few beers and a bit of youtube surfing is the best night-before-marathon prep apparently.

Comment

Not when he was born here. We only changed that around 2002 (unfairly, I thought).

And you possibly are Mongolian. Loads of world are a decent part Mongol due to Genghis Khan's super-sperm.
                                                                                                                      He was born in Dublin.so he’s a dub,not irish

Comment

I personally guarantee that anyone who listens to this from start to finish Sunday morning can't fail to have an amazing Sunday...

Sergei Prokofiev - Battle On The Ice

Composed by Sergei Sergeyevich ProkofievAditional credit: Irina Gelahova, Dmitry Yablonsky; Russian State Symphony Orchestra, Stanislavsky Chorus. Link to th...

Comment

Ole ole ole Ireland 32 Italy 12 latest.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X