GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAA Betting Thread

Thought I'd start this since its the area i reckon I have the biggest edge over the Bookies - In fairness ridiculous value to be had at times

4/7 still avail on wexford in the hurling in SJ. its 1/4 with boyles
    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
      4/7 still avail on wexford in the hurling in SJ. its 1/4 with boyles
      hey thanks for the offer but im very superstitious about laying bets off so im in all the way tomorrow

oh i don't use msn but il sort something out with pm's or something

Comment

Just had a look on oddschecker there, and 4/7 wexford with SJ, 10s the draw with Ladbrokes and 100/30 UCD with Boyles only gives an overround of 95.8% for those of you who are risk averse! Just made a free fiver for myself, 5 minutes work. Now where to spend it.....

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
          Just had a look on oddschecker there, and 4/7 wexford with SJ, 10s the draw with Ladbrokes and 100/30 UCD with Boyles only gives an overround of 95.8% for those of you who are risk averse! Just made a free fiver for myself, 5 minutes work. Now where to spend it.....
          can u link the oddschecker pls cause i was lookin for it earlier on and couldn't see it.

ty

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            can u link the oddschecker pls cause i was lookin for it earlier on and couldn't see it.

ty

Comment

ah so u have to tap "hurling" at the top - i don't use oddschecker(cause i rarely bet) so didn't have clue why i couldn't find it - is there a search function on the site?

Comment

arbing out of this bet is silly. It may still lose or whatever, but the edge you are getting is ridic at the 4/7 price. My only problem is theyve limited by bet on it to D1Ck all. Very annoying. Anyone who can get a large some on, please let me know
                GAA News Website

Comment

arbing out of this bet is silly. It may still lose or whatever, but the edge you are getting is ridic at the 4/7 price. My only problem is theyve limited by bet on it to D1Ck all. Very annoying. Anyone who can get a large some on, please let me know
                  I put on my bet, this is just something small in addition for the laugh. Its a new account on SJ so maybe thats why if there normally cautious.

Comment

The acc i used on SJ isnt new, but theyve start reducing the amounts wagered. So annoying tbh. Fair enough if theyre going to adjust the price, but when they leave it up for others they are pretty much saying - no your not getting your bet on but someone else will at that price.

Fair enough about the bet - glad you dint get out too much, as getn large edges is a rare thing, id always let it ride when this happens. now all we need to hope is it wins! lol
                    GAA News Website

Comment

The acc i used on SJ isnt new, but theyve start reducing the amounts wagered. So annoying tbh. Fair enough if theyre going to adjust the price, but when they leave it up for others they are pretty much saying - no your not getting your bet on but someone else will at that price.

Fair enough about the bet - glad you dint get out too much, as getn large edges is a rare thing, id always let it ride when this happens. now all we need to hope is it wins! lol
                      Yeah thats the next hurdle! Any updates that you know of or will it just be a result on Aertel?

Comment

Yeah thats the next hurdle! Any updates that you know of or will it just be a result on Aertel?
                        According to Aertel they won 2-16 to 1-13. Good stuff Semibluff thanks!

Comment

Meath WTF. Get your act together.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                            Meath WTF. Get your act together.
                            I think the game might be over and meath lost going from this

Comment

Great tip that was.

Comment

Great tip that was.

Now now, no-one forced you to bet.
                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                  Now now, no-one forced you to bet.
                                  Guarantee you the meath players threw the f**king match. Once the bookies moved dcu out to a bigger price, 5 or 6 of the meath players got together and pumped money on dcu and then just didn't preform. Happens in Irish league football every week. Last time i bet on something which i don't have first hand info on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    when somebody gives a tip, you can be fairly sure it is given in good faith. Its pricks like you that stop people from passing on useful insight - let me put it like this, if I lost a monkey each way on a horse I dont need my phone ringing from some ungrateful prick telling me how he just lost a tenner each way on it. I think the film was snatch 'if i give a dog a bone i dont want to hear what it tastes like'
                                    I agree with all of this. But for this case it's totally different. Guy giving the tip should have said he didnt know what the meath lineup was going to be. For someone who knows nothing about gaa reading this, they would have expected meath to put out a full team as it was a semi final. Bassically he shouldnt have come on and say i have this secret info. The info was useless as meath had a weak team out also.

(Where you implying i only had a tenner on it? lol if you think that)

Comment

I agree with all of this. But for this case it's totally different. Guy giving the tip should have said he didnt know what the meath lineup was going to be. For someone who knows nothing about gaa reading this, they would have expected meath to put out a full team as it was a semi final. Bassically he shouldnt have come on and say i have this secret info. The info was useless as meath had a weak team out also.

Why didn't you ask or do some research, if you blindly took somebodys' word on here about a tip and lost a lot then you deseved to. It was a tip, some win, some lose. But i'd say the majority of people of here went and look for info about the match before puttin the bet on.

Comment

The info was given about the DCU team only. He mentioned their reserves would still be strong and not fit for a full strength meath team.

Now to presume that meath put out a full team, is a fair presumption - but you didnt ask the question, nobody did. There are forums that talk of team selections, check them. IF you dont check any of the above, and just presume that its full strength team vs weakened team, then thats your own problem to be honest.

He gave info on what he knew, which was correct. I honestly mean it, thanks for the tip. So when a guy losses alot of money to him, last thing he needs is someone barking on about the good info he gave. Un-neccessary.

FWIW, i wasnt too mad to back it below 1/2 a i mentioned as DCU are the college who hand out the most scholarships in GAA, there teams are normally ridiculously good, so their reserves were never going to be walk overs. Ive mates on Meath team, if anyone had asked i would have got on to them about their starting line up. Nobody asked for this, and as not on the bet myself, i didnt bother.

Yeh Wexford won the hurling alright, although i lost a bit on louth winning vs kildare
                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Funny thread.

Comment

done the loot today - cant believe our poxy reserves beat meath. im not apologizing giving the tip if i didnt think it was solid info i wouldnt have left myself busto - gg good night

Comment

ah Eddie comeon, he gave the relevant info about DCU, it's upto you what you want to do with it. If you are so unhappy about losing on one outcome I would suggest adopting a more structured betting strategy. Use a betting bank etc. 1 'bad' result shouldn't matter a jot.

Comment

Great tip that was.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                  done the loot today - cant believe our poxy reserves beat meath. im not apologizing giving the tip if i didnt think it was solid info i wouldnt have left myself busto - gg good night
                                                  Sorry for overreacting m8. The 600 i had on it was a big chunk of the money i have saved up over this past while thanks to not playing much poker so that's why i got a bit annoyed! I realise tho it was just a tip of and nothing is 100% guaranteed and that if it was the other way around i wouldn't want somebody on complaining to me when i had just done my balls. The advice you gave was excellent and it was my on fault for not going further and finding out meath's team info and also betting on a sport i have no clue about!

Hope ya didn't lose to much life roll on it and gl in any other bets you have goin!

Comment

Right guys heres my view for the weekend :-

Dublin @ 11/8 to beat Kerry. One of the O'Se's are getting married today and also some of last years all ireland final players are going to the super bowl final this weekend. This may or may not be true but a mate of mine whos follows both these sides gave it to me on good autority. With the dublin team and manager always under such close scrutiny this game is massive and i take them to field a full strength side and take this one.

Louth @ 4/6 to beat Wexford. Louth are in flying form and will beat a wexford side struggling to find form. Also Matty Forde is all but retired from inter county football now which is a massive loss to them and thus weakens them considerably. Louth have been the form team so far this season and gave Kildare a good game last weekend.

Clare @ 5/4 to beat wicklow. I`m a wicklow man true and true and well its plain as day. O'Dwyer does not care for the league which is why we are still in div 4. We've been beaten by louth in the o'byrne cup and carlow in the shield. 2 experimental sides were put out and with a sprinkling of regulars making the seasonal apperances we were very rusty. Also we are struggling to find a partner for james stafford in midfield as the thomas walsh debacle is still up in arms. A few new members of the panel may well make there debuts in the league on sunday as Brian mcgrath our centre back is only recently back in training and if starting will surely be rusty. As for clare on there home ground beat us convincingly 2 seasons ago and although we turned the table last year at this stage of the year and taking into consideration the conditions underfoot i fancy a big Clare side to beat an understrength/prepared Wicklow side on clares home ground.

All prices got from boylesports and the treble pays 890.63 for 100 bet. Its the bet i`m doing and hopefully it can click into a nice lil earner for the season ahead
                                                    "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post

Dublin @ 11/8 to beat Kerry. One of the O'Se's are getting married today and also some of last years all ireland final players are going to the super bowl final this weekend. This may or may not be true but a mate of mine whos follows both these sides gave it to me on good autority. With the dublin team and manager always under such close scrutiny this game is massive and i take them to field a full strength side and take this one.

Louth @ 4/6 to beat Wexford. Louth are in flying form and will beat a wexford side struggling to find form. Also Matty Forde is all but retired from inter county football now which is a massive loss to them and thus weakens them considerably. Louth have been the form team so far this season and gave Kildare a good game last weekend.

Clare @ 5/4 to beat wicklow. I`m a wicklow man true and true and well its plain as day. O'Dwyer does not care for the league which is why we are still in div 4. We've been beaten by louth in the o'byrne cup and carlow in the shield. 2 experimental sides were put out and with a sprinkling of regulars making the seasonal apperances we were very rusty. Also we are struggling to find a partner for james stafford in midfield as the thomas walsh debacle is still up in arms. A few new members of the panel may well make there debuts in the league on sunday as Brian mcgrath our centre back is only recently back in training and if starting will surely be rusty. As for clare on there home ground beat us convincingly 2 seasons ago and although we turned the table last year at this stage of the year and taking into consideration the conditions underfoot i fancy a big Clare side to beat an understrength/prepared Wicklow side on clares home ground.

All prices got from boylesports and the treble pays 890.63 for 100 bet. Its the bet i`m doing and hopefully it can click into a nice lil earner for the season ahead
                                                      Shop around, my friend! Dubs 9/4 on Powers.
                                                      Stronger than expected Kerry team named. Rumours during the week that Declan O'Sullivan and Kieran Donaghy would be at the Super Bowl obviously BS.
                                                      Dublin short on scoring power in the forwards IMO. Can't see us notching first win in the Kingdom since 1982.

(1)Ger Reidy, Castleisland Desmonds (2)Padraig Reidy Scartaglin (3) Tommy Griffin (Dingle) (4) Adrian O'Connell ( St Michael's Foilmore ) (5) Maurice Corridan (Finuge )(6) Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore) (7) Killian Young (Renard)- Captain (8)Seamus Scanlon (Currow)(9) Micheál Quirke (Kerins O'Rahillys) (10)Paul Galvin (Finuge) (11) Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh na Dromada) (12) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane) (13) Barry John Walsh (Kerins O'Rahillys) (14) Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks) (15) Paul O'Connor (Kenmare)

Comment

If Clare weren't so bad I'd like to lump on them, especially with us being away, where they do a lot worse than at home.
                                                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

What are the odds for the league? I think Galway under Joe Kernan would be a good bet to make for Division 1 champions.

Comment

Originally posted by MMA Ace View Post
                                                            What are the odds for the league? I think Galway under Joe Kernan would be a good bet to make for Division 1 champions.
                                                            I think Kerry -1 at 21/20 with boyles is a massive price at home to a make shift dublin. 5 senior debuts being handed out, and two others got debuts in o byrne cup. Ross mc connell mid field (normal full back) and david henry starting corner forward. No brogans playing . . .

Kerry normal National league team too
                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

I think Kerry -1 at 21/20 with boyles is a massive price at home to a make shift dublin. 5 senior debuts being handed out, and two others got debuts in o byrne cup. Ross mc connell mid field (normal full back) and david henry starting corner forward. No brogans playing . . .

Kerry normal National league team too
                                                              That game was marred by rumours the entire Kerry team was in Miami watching the superbowl, which has turned out to be bullsuit. Thats why the odds are so long.

Comment

Backing Derry at 7/4 with boyles. its 6/4 bf. televised also
                                                                Small bet on Meath too versus Armagh, although Joe sheridan out injured
                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Backing Derry at 7/4 with boyles. its 6/4 bf. televised also
                                                                  Small bet on Meath too versus Armagh, although Joe sheridan out injured
                                                                  nice call

Comment

trying to gain some credibility back on my GAA knowledge here are my pool picks for this weekend

Division 1
                                                                    Galway by 3 points
                                                                    Tyrone by 2 points - LOST BY 6
                                                                    Dublin by 2 points
                                                                    Cork by 3 points

Division 2
                                                                    Laois by 4 points - WON BY 3
                                                                    Meath by 2 points - WON BY 1
                                                                    Kildare by 4 points
                                                                    Donegal by 7 points

Division 3
                                                                    Antrim by 2 points
                                                                    Offaly v Fermanagh = DRAW
                                                                    Louth by 2 points
                                                                    Cavan by 2 points

Division 4
                                                                    Limerick by 11 points
                                                                    Longford by 3 points
                                                                    Wicklow by 2 points
                                                                    Leitrim by 4 points

Comment

Waterford footballers win away in Leitrim today, gonna be a decent shout for promotion this year

Comment

Ship it

Comment

Ship it
                                                                          Nice result. Keep the tips coming but you really should have shopped around for prices. You probably could have made an extra 300-400!

Comment

Nice result. Keep the tips coming but you really should have shopped around for prices. You probably could have made an extra 300-400!
                                                                            Yeah i`m a bit lazy when it comes to that alright and if i hadnt have pulled the trigger before KP i may have omitted dublin. I'll live and learn but profit is always good

Comment

#39
                                                                              Ship it
                                                                              Cheers mate. I had a trixie on that for a very nice 6/1 return.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                Cheers mate. I had a trixie on that for a very nice 6/1 return.
                                                                                Nice 1 ... I`ll be back next week with a treble to lose all that on ya

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                  Waterford footballers win away in Leitrim today, gonna be a decent shout for promotion this year
                                                                                  Im half way through there book its a good read.
                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                    Im half way through there book its a good read.
                                                                                    Yeah I read it a few weeks back, v good read, I'd highly recommend it

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Right im late posting this up this week but stupid valentines and stupid work got in the way
                                                                                      I thought the dubs were good things to beat derry last night and had a few euries on them but nothing major.
                                                                                      I went in to PP in new ross yesteray and 2 special prices were up. wicklow -3 11/10 and wexford to beat offaly evens.
                                                                                      Wicklow were robbed by clare last week(even though i tipped clare) and this week we will strip alot fitter after a few heavy workouts this week and will beat the snots outta leitrim in aughrim today. Carlow beat leitrim and from what i seen of carlow in the obyrne cup and shield which they did beat us in they are very poor.(we only had a half a team out and they treated it as if it was an all ireland game).
                                                                                      On form we will beat a 3 point spread easily...
                                                                                      I wont put wexford into my treble as well being a wicklow man i hates d wexfords (no offence but just dont trust them today but will have a single on em)
                                                                                      I fancy galway to get back on the winning trail by disposing of monaghan an really nee a win to stay on the coat tails of the leaers in the division.
                                                                                      On recent form donegal should beat laois.
                                                                                      And lastly i`ll go for a tyrone backlash after defeat to derry last week and to beat a mayo team who will be in good spirits after victory of arch rivals galway last week.

wicklow -3 11/10
                                                                                      galway 8/11
                                                                                      donegal 4/11
                                                                                      tyrone 8/13

100 accum @ pp prices 799.01
                                                                                      Fingers crossed again

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Right im late posting this up this week but stupid valentines and stupid work got in the way
                                                                                        I thought the dubs were good things to beat derry last night and had a few euries on them but nothing major.
                                                                                        I went in to PP in new ross yesteray and 2 special prices were up. wicklow -3 11/10 and wexford to beat offaly evens.
                                                                                        Wicklow were robbed by clare last week(even though i tipped clare) and this week we will strip alot fitter after a few heavy workouts this week and will beat the snots outta leitrim in aughrim today. Carlow beat leitrim and from what i seen of carlow in the obyrne cup and shield which they did beat us in they are very poor.(we only had a half a team out and they treated it as if it was an all ireland game).
                                                                                        On form we will beat a 3 point spread easily...
                                                                                        I wont put wexford into my treble as well being a wicklow man i hates d wexfords (no offence but just dont trust them today but will have a single on em)
                                                                                        I fancy galway to get back on the winning trail by disposing of monaghan an really nee a win to stay on the coat tails of the leaers in the division.
                                                                                        On recent form donegal should beat laois.
                                                                                        And lastly i`ll go for a tyrone backlash after defeat to derry last week and to beat a mayo team who will be in good spirits after victory of arch rivals galway last week.

wicklow -3 11/10
                                                                                        galway 8/11
                                                                                        donegal 4/11
                                                                                        tyrone 8/13

100 accum @ pp prices 799.01
                                                                                        Fingers crossed again
                                                                                        Fcukin tyrone monkeys anyway.Never scored for 23 mins in the 2nd half.
                                                                                        Ship the wicklow handicap bet alright and also wexford beat offaly. Still sick though that tyrone couldnt pull it off.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Dublin 6/4 to beat Waterford on Sunday is decent.

Waterford missing

Mullane
                                                                                          Tony Browne
                                                                                          Ken McGrath
                                                                                          Eoin Murphy
                                                                                          Dan Shanahan
                                                                                          Seamus Prendergast
                                                                                          All rested till later in the season

Eoin McGrath
                                                                                          Eoin Kelly
                                                                                          Richie Foley
                                                                                          All Suspended

Shane Casey
                                                                                          Shane O Sullivan
                                                                                          Injured

Thats about 10 likely championship starters missing, plus Davy Fitz has very little meas on the league. You can be sure that Anthony Daly and the Dubs will have this one targetted

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Waterford 11/8 against Carlow on Saturday in the football is a great price too.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Tipp at 6/5 against the KK B team is well worth a punt. For any big gamblers Laois at 1/6 against Kildare has to be a joke. A guaranteed 16% return on investment!

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Waterford 11/8 against Carlow on Saturday in the football is a great price too.
                                                                                                Carlow are putting in the hours though Kev. Mate of mine has told me that they are really trying to shed this nametag of worst team in ireland and well they really need to be beating waterford if they want ta do this. No disrespect meant to you there by the way

I think tipp should be well up to taking kilkenny on saturday to.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Carlow are putting in the hours though Kev. Mate of mine has told me that they are really trying to shed this nametag of worst team in ireland and well they really need to be beating waterford if they want ta do this. No disrespect meant to you there by the way

I think tipp should be well up to taking kilkenny on saturday to.
                                                                                                  So are Waterford Wayne, they would have gotten promoted last year only for a badly organised trip to London where they lost by a point. They beat Leitrim away in the first game of the seasn which was no mean feat. Not saying its a definite Waterford win, but the 11/8 is a nice price

btw, worst team in Ireland = Kilkenny surely

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    So are Waterford Wayne, they would have gotten promoted last year only for a badly organised trip to London where they lost by a point. They beat Leitrim away in the first game of the seasn which was no mean feat. Not saying its a definite Waterford win, but the 11/8 is a nice price

btw, worst team in Ireland = Kilkenny surely
                                                                                                    You would say that being from waterford Kev I exclude the cats from the football ranks as its like a wicklow junior c team against Kerry every day they go out to play.No contest

I actually just had a look at the football and hurling for the weekend just now and i`m actually going to run win waterford in the football.

Waterford 7/5
                                                                                                    limerick 2/5
                                                                                                    (wicklow by at least 6 points if it can be got)
                                                                                                    Dublin 11/8
                                                                                                    Tipp 1/1

100 yoyo accum on the four priced pays 1596 and if we can get say 1/2 on the wiklow match we could book a nice 2k+ score.(all above are boyles prices to)

one time and all that eh.....

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Teams announced

Kilkenny team:

P.J. Ryan, Canice Hickey, Brian Hogan, John Dalton, Tommy Walsh, Jackie Tyrell, J.J. Delaney, Willie Dwyer, P.J. Delaney, Richie Hogan, Michael Rice, Aidan Fogarty, Michael Grace, Martin Comerford, Richie Power.

Substitutes: David Herity, Richie O' Neill, James Ryall, John Tennyson, Damian Fogarty, Sean Cummins, Eoin McGrath, Paddy Hogan, John Mulhall.

Tipp

Brendan Cummins

C O’Brien, P Curran, B Maher, D Fanning, P Maher, S Maher, B Dunne, S McGrath, S Hennessy, S Callanan, H Maloney, E Kelly, M Webster, N McGrath.

Tipp half forward line will be destroyed IMO opinion unless the match is played in a bog. Benny Dunne in midfield is nothing but a liability for Tipp so I'm inclined to go back on my original opinion and opt for Kilkenny now. The funny thing is that Kilkenny have been eased out to as much as 5/4 (Boyles) and I would imagine thats based more off money for Tipp more than the sports traders knowledge of both teams. KK have 4 starting forwards that would walk onto any team in the country while Tipp are starting a pure journeyman at full forward. I can't understand how KK are odds against for this one now and can't imagine that price sticking around for long.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Carlow 1-11 Waterford 1-11

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          FWIW good friend of mine is on the Tipp team tonight and he has been banging on all week to me about how they will beat KK...

He also said he thinks Offaly are very big at 4s v Cork

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Carlow 1-11 Waterford 1-11
                                                                                                            Disaster

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Mug treble today for the laugh:

Clare -14 11/10
                                                                                                              Offaly +5 11/10
                                                                                                              Dublin +1 4/5

Tenner returns €79.38

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                I think this weekend should be stricken from the record.
                                                                                                                First i cancel my trip to london to watch us beat London and then i lose a bucket load of cash on every bet i place

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  I think this weekend should be stricken from the record.
                                                                                                                  First i cancel my trip to london to watch us beat London and then i lose a bucket load of cash on every bet i place
                                                                                                                  My 'all the favs' accum came through today which cancelled out yesterdays losses.

Was way off on my prediction that Dublin were a good price at 6/4 though. They were very very poor today. We were far from great and still beat them handily, things will be bleak for Dublin if the McCrabbe injury is as bad as it sounded from where I was sitting about 8 rows back

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    My 'all the favs' accum came through today which cancelled out yesterdays losses.

Was way off on my prediction that Dublin were a good price at 6/4 though. They were very very poor today. We were far from great and still beat them handily, things will be bleak for Dublin if the McCrabbe injury is as bad as it sounded from where I was sitting about 8 rows back
                                                                                                                    I was just to lazy to travel to put a bet on toay when er was no nags running
                                                                                                                    Nice one on getting all the favs to click Kev. Yeah i was pretty shocked when i wathed the waterford dublin match. The dubs looked very very poor and waterford looked to have any amount of time to do what they wanted even making their own mistakes.
                                                                                                                    Still though a nice start to the season for your boys Kev and hopefully better to ccome along the way this season.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      what do u guys think of the under in the tipp vs kk match tonight its bound to be a messy game with the weather. its currently 40.5 with paddys

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        KK ftw 5/4, KK -1 @ 6/4 and KK -2 @ 15/8 all look good to me.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X