Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    No cunt got my pepperoni pizza age of empires reference. That or ye all ignore me. Cunts either way
    Prefer BIGDADDY myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

It's absolutely insane on Black Friday.
      Only game i play at the moment is madden mobile and EA do the same stuff in that, utterly bizarre to see people spending $100 on a single player in any game let alone a mobile game, with thanksgiving coming up there'll be all sorts of silliness

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I liked the original civilization game years ago. I tried to play civ 4 or something a few years ago and got confused and gave up.

I'm officially an old cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            Prefer BIGDADDY myself.
            WOODSTOCK
            airport, lol

Comment

An upside of the whole lootbox thing is if you are like me you don't open thing things you find or earn, you just sell them. I've not paid for a game for years, constantly have a few hundred euro on my steam account off the backs of kids gambling

Comment

Nerd City in here today.

Saddened but not shocked. A new low.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  I'm in the middle of The Talos Principal atm, it's a class game! I generally find it hard to try new games but as this was a gift I put in a token show of effort by actually installing the game, turned out to be a great move.

Civ 5 for you Hitch, and in another vein obv portal and portal 2 would be good for anybody.
                  Oh yeah if you haven't played Portal or its sequel, they are basically the pinnacle of the artform.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

On similar bon vivant note, my wine supplier tells me the owner of meerlust is doing a tasting dinner in january. Venue tbc
                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

got a decent LOL from this
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Nerd City in here today.

Saddened but not shocked. A new low.
                          I'd classify you as a nerd tbh. Hmmm maybe a dork actually... undecided.

Originally posted by Nerds View Post
                          Game talk
                          Speaking of unreal games.

GRIM FANDANGO. That was a masterpiece.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yar's revenge on the 2600. That was a game.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Can't keep up with all these characters. Al Porter just joined my information set a few months ago and now he's been booted back out. What did he do to merit #metoo?
                                Any further thoughts on Louis CK? Is he basically finished as an entertainer? I know it will put me in a bad light, but his behavior to me seems like a minor fetish that got out of hand.
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                    Any further thoughts on Louis CK? Is he basically finished as an entertainer? I know it will put me in a bad light, but his behavior to me seems like a minor fetish that got out of hand.
                                    Horace and Pete still the best TV of recent time.

Comment

Comment

It does seem like he just really loved masturbation.
                                        I'm just unable to see it from the 'victims' point of view at all. Though that's mostly 'cause I love watching someone else knocking one out. Doubt it be as much of an issue if it was George Clooney, or Brad Pitt who was doing the same thing.

Comment

I was co-groomsman with the chap in the 2nd photo last week.

Comment

It does seem like he just really loved masturbation.

Did read someone saying that if you can no longer watch CK then it's time to switch to the best man in comedy Joey Diaz. Going to give him a watch tonight.
                                            Joey Diaz

Think comedy is probably one of the few places louis ck might manage to make his way back into the spotlight. Imagine he's done with movies/TV but think people will still want to see him do standup

Comment

Wish I hadn't watched Peaky Blinders now. Too long to wait. What an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                On similar bon vivant note, my wine supplier tells me the owner of meerlust is doing a tasting dinner in january. Venue tbc
                                                keep us closely informed, down to my last two bottles of the 2007

Comment

I'm just unable to see it from the 'victims' point of view at all. Though that's mostly 'cause I love watching someone else knocking one out. Doubt it be as much of an issue if it was George Clooney, or Brad Pitt who was doing the same thing.
                                                  'Shortbus' - a film I stupidly bought as an 18year old as the tagline promised "the most sexually explicit film every made" would certainly be something you'd enjoy.

It delivered, but in an unfortunate way considering my preferences.

Comment

Also, can you saints who hate gambling post somewhere else instead? Or at least pipe down about it?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      Also, can you saints who hate gambling post somewhere else instead? Or at least pipe down about it?

cheers
                                                      You still working for a gambling company or move onto something a bit more legitimate?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        You still working for a gambling company or move onto something a bit more legitimate?
                                                        I currently work in arguably more legitimate (but potentially similar/less ethics) but not retail gambling.

However, this is subject to change. Received job offer this evening that is making me consider a return.

Comment

I currently work in arguably more legitimate (but potentially similar/less ethics) but not retail gambling.

However, this is subject to change. Received job offer this evening that is making me consider a return.
                                                          Are you still as pretty as you were 10 years ago?

Comment

Are you still as pretty as you were 10 years ago?
                                                            Gambling has aged me faster than Robin Williams in Jack. It is the devil.

Comment

Back to Stoke?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                Back to Stoke?
                                                                Unfortunately not. Though they do have an opening that I'd be interested in.

Herself would not be so keen on a return to the commuting back at weekends gig though.

Previous role vanished in a puff of smoke this week after this - https://www.leaprate.com/binary-opti...move-fca-2018/
                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 17-11-17, 22:03.

Comment

Unfortunately not. Though they do have an opening that I'd be interested in.

Herself would not be so keen on a return to the commuting back at weekends gig though.

Previous role vanished in a puff of smoke this week after this - https://www.leaprate.com/binary-opti...move-fca-2018/
                                                                  Time to change career tack perhaps?
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

lol

Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        You've got serious ability to resist temptation. Bought 6 x 13 and 6 x 14 to put away for a few years. I've 1 x 09 and 2 x 10 awaiting drinking.
                                                                        basically, the system is this - I put the really good stuff right at the bottom of the pile. Thus making it hard to get at. Hence, everyday wine for everyday drinking.

Still have a good few Fusion V as well. '09 I think. And then a fair few bottles of good Bordeaux, one or two oddities then like serious Rieslings and also some super-Tuscans.

Now you're making me think about this; there's probably a good chunk of my good stuff that needs drinking. The Meerlust website says 15-20 years although that's probably for actual cellar conditions, not 'the cupboards under the stairs'.

Essentially what I think I am saying is you should make a booking for the Vintage Kitchen for sometime next year.

Comment

Can't keep up with all these characters. Al Porter just joined my information set a few months ago and now he's been booted back out. What did he do to merit #metoo?
                                                                          RTÉ Secret Producer threads seem to cover it all so far. Story that will grow no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                            Time to change career tack perhaps?
                                                                            probably. Eager to start heading homewards tbh, but think I need one more step before able to get there.
                                                                            Nice chance to jump into fintech with your skillset! Your current crowd buy enough fintech companies anyway so you can go with the insider knowledge perspective.
                                                                            hmm, ish. Though working in gambling, am terribly risk averse. An awful lot of 'fintech' companies are likely going to disappear as the 'disruptive' tech simply unseats entire elements of the industry.

Comment

seems you are doing it wrong, you need to upgrade your "everyday wine".
                                                                              Probably, tonight's everyday wine is Chateau Pipeau Richotey

Grand stuff, say it was about €12 in la France. Drinks like a €35 shop-bought St Emilion here - €70 in a restaurant. Dip into a box and see what comes out is usually the policy until I get down to the last 60 bottles or so.

All about the valoo. Oddly enough, I'd say I'm more discerning with white wine these days than red.

Comment

probably. Eager to start heading homewards tbh, but think I need one more step before able to get there.

hmm, ish. Though working in gambling, am terribly risk averse. An awful lot of 'fintech' companies are likely going to disappear as the 'disruptive' tech simply unseats entire elements of the industry.
                                                                                If you consider you have another 30 years of your career ahead of you both switching and not switching is a risk. Risk is unavoidable over that time frame.

Is your GF Irish? Coming home can be trickier than you think with all the variables so if that’s the plan don’t wait too long. This market is very parochial the higher up the food chain you go.
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

keep us closely informed, down to my last two bottles of the 2007
                                                                                  What Meerlust is that exactly?
                                                                                  I seen a bottle the other day and recognised the name from here. But wasn't sure which variation you actually refer to.

My wine cupboard is starting tip in favour towards wine I want to keep over everyday stuff too. McGuigans send me boxes faster than I drink it. Plus the random estate wines I pick up at tastings.

Comment

...

Comment

I'm currently, as in, right now, the sole passenger in a broken down nitelink. In Clondalkin. Awaiting rescue.

Tell my family I love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        I'm currently, as in, right now, the sole passenger in a broken down nitelink. In Clondalkin. Awaiting rescue.

We'll say a prayer for you

Comment

Wasn't much Diaz comedy available online, as he's mainly podcasts. So put Joe Rogan Netflix special on. That guy is great. Weird that he was once did Fear Factor. I guess his podcast is excellent?
                                                                                          Don’t his podcasts consistently go on for 3 hours +? Can’t see how they could be all killer at that,seems like a bit of a spoofer,mind you haven’t listened to much just know him from MMA and that he shills ridiculously over priced and dubious supplements

Must say the fiver a month investment for second captains has been well worth it,even ken earlys politics podcasts which I thought would wind me up.hood to see them doing well.must pay for more decent stuff instead of clicking on shite like the info for free. Have almost donated to the guardian a few times (they have the begging bowl out again this week) but then I’ll one of their ridic outrage bait articles they mix in with the good stuff or a private eye hit and put my card awsy

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Might as well have a wank

Comment

...

Comment

Camille O'Sullivan though, at The Olympia.

Wowzers.

What a performer, what an artist. Got invited, didn't know her really.

Easily in the top 5 of gig experience.

Comment

Was at a dinner for the Peter MvVerey trust. Clontarf Castle donated the ballroom and booze for the night. They seem to doing work that the government should be doing. Very impressed with their humility in relation to their achievements to date. If you could donate the price of a pint I would be grateful.
                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Rogan's podcast can be very good depending on the guest. He does try to explore a lot of topics and the length of the podcast leads to pretty open & interesting conversations. Duncan Trussell & Russell Brand would be two guests that provided good content as an entry point!

Comment

Anyone catch The Punisher? Only started watching it yesterday. Looks really good.
                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                        Rogan's podcast can be very good depending on the guest. He does try to explore a lot of topics and the length of the podcast leads to pretty open & interesting conversations. Duncan Trussell & Russell Brand would be two guests that provided good content as an entry point!
                                                                                                        Most of his sporting one are good too.
                                                                                                        Jeff Novak from USADA was good. And at the opposite side, Victor Conte

Comment

Joe Rogan's podcast is amazing, the voice of a lot of the mid 20s and 30s male population I would wager.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                            What Meerlust is that exactly?
                                                                                                            I seen a bottle the other day and recognised the name from here. But wasn't sure which variation you actually refer to.

My wine cupboard is starting tip in favour towards wine I want to keep over everyday stuff too. McGuigans send me boxes faster than I drink it. Plus the random estate wines I pick up at tastings.
                                                                                                            I assume it's Meerlust Rubicon.

Boredeaux-style blend.

Comment

I assume it's Meerlust Rubicon.

Boredeaux-style blend.
                                                                                                              There was the Rubicon and another called simply "Meerlust Red"

Comment

Was out for a few pints with a few builders last night getting an interesting insight into whats going on in the current property market around Dublin. Most of the focus seems to be on the "vulture funds" snapping up all the bad debt properties but the new build business is being swallowed up too.

From my own pov i have seen large blocks of 100+ apartments shooting up to be released on sale to the public but then getting snapped up in one fell swoop by UK & German investment firms and who can blame the builders for letting them go at sometimes even slightly above market value.

Seems to be more widespread than I realised with the likes of the NY Jewish fronted investment firms snapping up huge quantities both here as well as competing in the UK/German markets too. Then you have the likes of Mitt Romney and others seperately doing the same on even larger scales.

Its no wonder the rental market is going through the roof when you hear them snapping up 100+ lots of new houses in the likes of Liffey Valley (no disrespect) and putting them out on the market for €2300 for a 3 bed!

Comment

Arsenal Spurs has been a cracking game so far. Arsenal up 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    Arsenal Spurs has been a cracking game so far. Arsenal up 1-0
                                                                                                                    DING DING! Arsenal playing very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                      DING DING! Arsenal playing very well.
                                                                                                                      Yep best I've seen them for a long time. Pity Sanchez dived to win the free that lead to the goal tho. Always thought he was tougher than that

Comment

Guess Lazare didn't survive the great bus breakdown last night. RIP in piece

Comment

I see Varadkars ex fella has secured a gig with Covney.

/jobs for the boys.
                                                                                                                          Whats that about? His ex working with his rival could be a bit complicated.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X