• Show
Clear All

BB spot

35ish left with 12 getting paid.

Am in BB with 23k+
    UTG with 20k+
    SB with 28k+

Blinds are 500/1,0000/100

UTG opens for 2k. All fold to SB who raised to 17k (he didn't count them out, just grabbed a bunch of chips from his biggest stack). Look down at cards and see QQ. Players have a bit of history with each other and i've seen the SB pull the same move in a previous tournament with AKs.

Push or fold?
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Trick question?

Comment

I had assumed this was a simple hand and a no brain call/shove but once i ran the hand it was closer than i thought. QQ is a little too strong and have to call, JJ would be borderline though and i'd prob fold
      The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
      MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Trick question?
        Would I do that

BB fold... UTG sees BB hesitation and looks down to see JJ and folds also.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Slightly tricky for BB. He knows he is only facing AA, KK or AK (any combination with Q would be unlikely) and JJ and below would be very unlikely to appear in the range, all this is inferred by the UTG initial move. Doubtful if it was AA as that would be a lol bad move but KK was high possibility.

Comment

obviously sb's range is player specific and in this spot i'm assuming sb is pretty tight but can we really discount 10s JJ's and AQs. exact size of utg's stack is important here and will make a difference to sb shoving range and BB calling range
            The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
            MTT Calender 2015

Comment

It would be useful to know blind levels, number of players at the table, and other details. E.g. online players will typically have different short stack strategies with different shove and re-shove ranges.

Here I think its a snap call.

Comment

Working...
              X