Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

some troubling nuggets there
    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    it's an election manifesto, it'll be toilet paper next weekend!
    I think you can be certain they intend to wholeheartedly implement the power grab outlined in the last section sidelining the courts and parliament moving all power to the executive turning PM into El Presidenté for life
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Continuing the cricket vibe; an article of how different schools of philosophy would approach the question of whether to walk when you know you've nicked it.

I learnt a lot.
      Socrates is definitely not playing cricket. Ancient Greeks would ridicule the game.
      Not sure about Kant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        Socrates is definitely not playing cricket. Ancient Greeks would ridicule the game.
        Not sure about Kant.
        Samuel Beckett was a very good cricketer.

Just saying.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Brag: Flights to Singapore booked

Beat: It's for work

Variance: I've two mates who live there and are all set to go on the lash
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

About as anecdotal as it gets but judging by the amount of London jobs appearing in my inbox over the last 10 days or so it looks like service/sales etc industry managers are making a pretty big Exodus out of London come the start of the new year/Xmas.

It's a bit late for companies hiring for Xmas, January usually really quiet for a lot of those industries

I'd guess that would be the Irish/Polish/French etc

Last time I got a sudden spike like this was about the time of a load leaving.

Might just be coincidence but...?

Comment

Labour should just sit back and do nothing for the next week except replay Andrew Neil calling Johnson out ad nauseam

Comment

Everton have sacked their manager so unless it's Moyes who knows the score, we get the usual new manager and almost a brand new coaching team coming in.

Assistant manager walks into the office

New manager: Sorry mate, nothing personal but I've got my own team, the club solicitor will take care of your contact.

Various coaches and backroom staff take turns walking in

New manager: Sorry mate, nothing personal but I've got my own team, the club solicitor will take care of your contact.

Big Duncan Ferguson walks in

New manager: Sorry mate...

Big Dunc: Aayee!?

New manager: Nothing personal but I've got my own team...

Big Dunc: And?

New manager: aaahhhh, sooo iiiii...

New manager: eeeh, I'd really like you to stay and sign a new contract, the club solicitor will take care of that for you.

Big Dunc: Aayee, thought as much!

Comment

Samuel Beckett was a very good cricketer.

Just saying.
                  I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                    Everton have sacked their manager so unless it's Moyes who knows the score, we get the usual new manager and almost a brand new coaching team coming in.

Assistant manager walks into the office

Various coaches and backroom staff take turns walking in

Big Duncan Ferguson walks in

New manager: Sorry mate...

New manager: Nothing personal but I've got my own team...

Big Dunc: And?

New manager: aaahhhh, sooo iiiii...

New manager: eeeh, I'd really like you to stay and sign a new contract, the club solicitor will take care of that for you.

Big Dunc: Aayee, thought as much!
                    ...I hope you copied and pasted that, and didn't waste valuable time typing... Although suppose could be worse, I spent over 40 seconds watching that liverpool shite...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                      ...I hope you copied and pasted that, and didn't waste valuable time typing... Although suppose could be worse, I spent over 40 seconds watching that liverpool shite...
                      I be fast at the typing thing

& the video was just to show they can make hokey shite that isnt creepy inhouse

Comment

For those who missed it, Farage floundering for 25 mins:

brexit, nigel farage, andrew neil, bbc, deal, boris johnson, trade, withdrawal agreement, general election, uk, eu

I'm guessing no chance Boris takes up the invite at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Didn't listen to it all so not sure what the invite is? In fairness to Farage, his turning the Conservatives into the de facto Brexit party is one of the greatest political success stories of our lifetime.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                            Didn't listen to it all so not sure what the invite is? In fairness to Farage, his turning the Conservatives into the de facto Brexit party is one of the greatest political success stories of our lifetime.
                            Up there with Trump turning the Republican Party into the Putin Party

Comment

Why would he? It's a risk he has no need to take.

All he has to do is not fuck anything major up in the next 6 days. Which I gues is always a possibility with Boris.

Comment

Why would he? It's a risk he has no need to take.

All he has to do is not fuck anything major up in the next 6 days. Which I gues is always a possibility with Boris.
                                Yeah totally agree, nothing to be gained.

I read scathing articles in both the Daily Mail & Telegraph today regarding the Anti-Semitism complaint against Labour and I tried searching for similar on TheGuardian but little mention of it at all.
                                The juxtaposition of the reporting from both sides is so glaring, it seems to be getting worse.

Comment

I read scathing articles in both the Daily Mail & Telegraph today regarding the Anti-Semitism complaint against Labour and I tried searching for similar on TheGuardian but little mention of it at all.
                                  The juxtaposition of the reporting from both sides is so glaring, it seems to be getting worse.
                                  hardly Fox and CNN levels...yet

Comment

Some of the stuff in the complaint is appalling. It's wild how little coverage it's getting on the left. They seem to be convinced the whole thing is a vast conspiracy of globalist financiers, lawyers and hook-nosed bankers.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The guardian have covered it plenty, anything in the torygraph etc from now to the election is basically mud slinging

Comment

The guardian have covered it plenty, anything in the torygraph etc from now to the election is basically mud slinging
                                        Have a read of the actual complaint.

Comment

Fucking Hell

Words fail me!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Fucking Hell

Words fail me!

if they reworded it as 'fighting against Nazi Germany'...would it be better?

Poland, Denmark, Norway, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Albania etc all defeated and occupied by then. May 1941

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                              Have a read of the actual complaint.
                                              Grim?

Think I might avoid for the good of my health

FFS!

Fucking Hell

Words fail me!

Worked with an Aussie lad who was doing it about 5 years ago, said he was having problems with it and brought in the study questions.

General replies of those he read them to were WTF or no that's wrong
                                              Last edited by Guest; 06-12-19, 14:18.

Comment

Comment

if they reworded it as 'fighting against Nazi Germany'...would it be better?

Poland, Denmark, Norway, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Albania etc all defeated and occupied by then. May 1941
                                                  Ah would you ever... It would remain as ridiculously jingoistic and moronically wrong as it is now.

Even if you were for some perverse reason to take that tack and acknowledge the puppet regimes as legit entities the fact is that the Polish government never surrendered and continued as a clandestine government in situ.

Comment

Hawker Markets in Singapore were a life highlight for me.
                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Fucking Hell

Words fail me!

Reminds me of an English mate of mine when I lived in Australia.

His favourite saying was, 'Two World Wars and One World Cup, they don't call it GREAT Britain for nothing'

He never liked it when I pointed out that Great Britain had never won a world cup, England had but not Great Britain.

One night over about a billion beers, we had many heated debates over who was the better sportsperson in just about every sport going. I'd put forward an Irishman and he'd counter with a Brit. Needless to say, no concenus was reached in any given field.

There was to be only one solution. A football match between the Irish and the Brit's staying in the hostel. A match to be played the very next morning. Once agreed, we then realsied that we only had 5 Irish lads in the hostel where we had about 13 English plus Scot's and Welsh lads. A comprimise was made where a few Scot's and Welsh opted to play with the Irish so we could make up the numbers. The irony of the Scots and Welsh wanting to play with the Irish instead of the English in an Irish v's Great Britian match was lost on my friend.

In addition to bragging rights, all losing players had to buy a slab of beer each, this would be drank by the winning team.

At half time, we were 7-1 down and the English lads were lording it over us big time. There was a few choice words said during our half time team talk and in the 2nd half, we scored 8 unanswered goals. The English lads were distraught, genuinely and absolutely distraught.

They held up their side of the deal and between them bought 13 slabs of beer. When we got back to the hostel, we cracked open the beers and offered them out to everybody there, including all the English lads.

My mate couldn't get over this and came up to me and said, 'Why are you sharing the beer with us? If we had of won, we'd have drank it all ourselves, would have given you lads nothing'

I just smiled and said 'And that's why everybody thinks of ye as a bunch of cunts'

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

His favourite saying was, 'Two World Wars and One World Cup, they don't call it GREAT Britain for nothing'

He never liked it when I pointed out that Great Britain had never won a world cup, England had but not Great Britain.

One night over about a billion beers, we had many heated debates over who was the better sportsperson in just about every sport going. I'd put forward an Irishman and he'd counter with a Brit. Needless to say, no concenus was reached in any given field.

There was to be only one solution. A football match between the Irish and the Brit's staying in the hostel. A match to be played the very next morning. Once agreed, we then realsied that we only had 5 Irish lads in the hostel where we had about 13 English plus Scot's and Welsh lads. A comprimise was made where a few Scot's and Welsh opted to play with the Irish so we could make up the numbers. The irony of the Scots and Welsh wanting to play with the Irish instead of the English in an Irish v's Great Britian match was lost on my friend.

In addition to bragging rights, all losing players had to buy a slab of beer each, this would be drank by the winning team.

At half time, we were 7-1 down and the English lads were lording it over us big time. There was a few choice words said during our half time team talk and in the 2nd half, we scored 8 unanswered goals. The English lads were distraught, genuinely and absolutely distraught.

They held up their side of the deal and between them bought 13 slabs of beer. When we got back to the hostel, we cracked open the beers and offered them out to everybody there, including all the English lads.

My mate couldn't get over this and came up to me and said, 'Why are you sharing the beer with us? If we had of won, we'd have drank it all ourselves, would have given you lads nothing'

I just smiled and said 'And that's why everybody thinks of ye as a bunch of cunts'
                                                        Pity you couldn't have waited until this year so you could point out it took them an Irish captain to win a WC.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            probably looks exactly the same in the US, if you change the colours around

Comment

Just have to delay brexit until heart attacks win it for labour.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                Just have to delay brexit until heart attacks win it for labour.
                                                                Winston Churchill has already correctly decreed upon this phenomenon

SPOILER
                                                                If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain

Comment

François Guizot said that. Churchill was a conservative in his twenties right? So at least that bit holds weight

Comment

François Guizot said that. Churchill was a conservative in his twenties right? So at least that bit holds weight
                                                                    Francois eh? Sounds like a European sort of name, you filthy Remainer.

The point holds though.

And let's face it, if people thought the same way at 40 as they do at 20, we'd have an excitingly dysfunctional polity.

Comment

Pity you couldn't have waited until this year so you could point out it took them an Irish captain to win a WC.
                                                                      13 years is a long time to wait for a snappy witty comeback!

Comment

13 years is a long time to wait for a snappy witty comeback!
                                                                        The worst is when you've been on the piss and wake up having flashbacks at 5am, still half-cut but with an absolute killer retort on your lips.

Would often think of waking up Mrs DIII to share my witticisms with her. And then chickening out due to concerns for my bodily integrity.

Comment

Big 4 accounting jobs must be so cushy, Deloitte must have been going hard at the pizza and PlayStation parties to miss all those FAI shenanigans, only been auditing them since the 90s
                                                                          How do these guys keep getting away with it?
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 06-12-19, 18:45.

Comment

François Guizot said that. Churchill was a war criminal in his twenties right? So at least that bit holds weight

Fyp

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                              Big 4 accounting jobs must be so cushy, Deloitte must have been going hard at the pizza and PlayStation parties to miss all those FAI shenanigans, only been auditing them since the 90s
                                                                              How do these guys keep getting away with it?
                                                                              Everytime a company I've been with has been audited....

You get a bunch of green accountancy, or commerce degrees.

You throw them in a room with a bunch of business data, and accounts.

Usually the people they have as a liasion are relatively senior, and so, know how to answer questions correctly, or relatively clueless and so can't give incorrect answers.

Expecting 20 year old accountants to be able to ask fundamental business questions of a dataset is unfair.

It usually amounts to simple rubber stamping and getting paid for it.

There is no audit, there is only confirmation.
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Oven ready deal, and reduced vat on tampons, jeez
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Just got a ticket to see my favourite band of all time, Circle Jerks, play their 40 year-old, 15 minute long master work Group Sex, in London next August.

I hope the world doesn't end before then.

--------------------1) Deny Everything2) I Just Want Some Skank3) Beverly Hills4) Operation5) Back Against The Wall6) Wasted7) Behind The Door8) World Up My ...

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                    Oven ready deal, and reduced vat on tampons, jeez
                                                                                    JC failed to land a blow unfortunately. Won't fight dirty.
                                                                                    We need a more firebrand socialist next time.

Comment

Had something similar in Mexico years ago. Myself and my brother in law and two young Cork lads signed up for a four a side soccer world cup in the resort.
                                                                                      A Belfast lad beside us decreed for England along with about fourteen other lads. They got knocked out in first round b6 Argentina who only beat us on penalties in the final.
                                                                                      Fuck the queen and the udr.

Comment

Also just in from Christmas party and can confirm that coke nowadays is top notch in Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                          Hawker Markets in Singapore were a life highlight for me.
                                                                                          The Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles, which has had a Michelin star since 2016, is one of the best dishes I've ever had.

Comment

Foil Arms & Hog for Tar:

Telling your Family you're Vegan - Foil Arms and HogWhen the youngest son in the McCormack family decides to be a vegan. But the rest of the family doesn't r...

Comment

My mother asks me do i eat fish like clockwork every christmas haha. That said shes on the aul oat milk and beyond meat these days

Comment

Cracking game of rugby in Northampton! 15 mins in and better than most 80 minute games so far.

Surely neither team can keep up this pace.

Comment

Biggest concern here is the ref. Classic homer.

Comment

Fucking hell. Leinster are a rugby machine.

This is incredible.

Comment

Biggest concern here is the ref. Classic homer.
                                                                                                      Ah here . We got past this now.

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                                                                                          Also just in from Christmas party and can confirm that coke nowadays is top notch in Ireland.
                                                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          Yeah, tried some for the first time in ages over the summer and it's ridic good compared to the crap that used to circulate back in the days.
                                                                                                          Pat Kenny on Newstalk radio was discussing this recently with a corespondent and its a changed tactic apparently. The idea is the barons have realized its not good business sense for them to cut it down and mix etc and they will get continued sales with good product.

Comment

some get out of jail by Ulster!

Comment

some get out of jail by Ulster!
                                                                                                              Very fortunate.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                Very fortunate.
                                                                                                                That makes it all the better.

Currently in transit to a boozer where I hope to catch the second half of Munster vs the most despicable team in rugby. Then to (and I quote) a wanky beer tasting. Then Indian food. Seems a solid lineup.

Comment

Was at a 'Leinster Event' in London.

They anticipated 120. 30 arrived.

Free bar for the lot of us since 11am.

Kornage.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    Was at a 'Leinster Event' in London.

They anticipated 120. 30 arrived.

Free bar for the lot of us since 11am.

Kornage.
                                                                                                                    Where was it?

&

Did they have enough Heino?

Comment

Where was it?

&

Did they have enough Heino?
                                                                                                                      "Thirsty Scholar" Warren Street.

Barmaid quote "I've never poured this much guinness in my life".

My pals from Stoke won the raffle. Signed Leinster Shirt (whole team).

They couldn't name a player, mabe not even a position!

Comment

Saudi Arabia doesnt seem like the best place for a heavyweight title match, atmosphere is dead. Hope the tubby Mexican can embarrass him again.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Any streams?
                                                                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X