Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
      OK. You seem to have very conflicting views on things but you're good people so good for you.
      Thanks for the good people bit, you're a good egg yourself, don't get what you mean by the conflicting views bit though.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        That's Jack level of comparison
        It's equally offensive. Probably a bit less as we've all pissed in public.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          You're right. Of course I wouldn't. I would never disrespect a person in such a disgusting way.

These two men disrespected an organisation fully deserving of disrespect.

Imo.
          Can't believe I'm agreeing with jack here () but your local mosque is a place that promulgates even more antediluvian views than your local Catholic church.

Would you salute two lads riding in the minaret?

Comment

Also depends how it was discovered, if they were making a private statement that nobody was supposed to find out about I have no issue. Nor would there be an issue with eating a sneaky ham sandwich in a Mosque. If the guys leaked it then it's getting to pork on the door handle levels. Has it definitely been ruled out that actual priests weren't involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              They control hospitals and impose their fcked up beliefs there. They control schools and require parents to pretend to have a religion to get their kids into schools. They treat women as second class citizens.

Fck those guys. They're not living and let live. They're actively acting like pricks in areas they don't belong.

If they were just minding their own business then Raoul would be right. But they're not. So anything like this is absolutely brilliant and these guys in the church are the heroes we need.
              Eh? You seem to be stuck in 1952.

The church has fuck all to do with the running of the health and education sectors these days. Their names might be over the door but it's the professionals who actually run the show. Which is at it should be.

This referendum is the last piece of chipping away their last vestige of relevance. If people still feel like participating in the church, for whatever reason, leave them at it.

Otherwise, go whip your cock out at a funeral. Which would make you as big a prick as those two lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Yes absolutely, on the whole dont be a prick and live and let live side of things it's not like gay people have seen that from either of those religions.

Comment

Comment

I'd be offended if two people were riding in my garden shed without permission.
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Don't mean it in a bad way. Just that you are fairly liberal and support inclusion and equality for all. Then you tear any Catholic to shreds and believe in mocking and bullying them for their strange beliefs.

As has been reported you don't have the same hatred for other religions that have probably done more damage.

That to me is conflicting views.

Comment

Comment

If they did it 50 years ago I'd be more impressed

Easy to dance on the elderly and dying (which the church is ). My poor mudder.

Comment

Germans perpetrated some awful things in the past (far worse than anything the Church ever did in Ireland).

If I stuck on a SS uniform and filmed myself wanking on the S-bahn, that would clearly be acceptable so. Let's try that.

Comment

The obvious issue with doing it in a mosque or a synagogue or a Church of Ireland church is you'd then be going after minorities. And minorities already feel they are, well, a minority.
                              Minorities don't get special treatment. You don't do bad things to anyone majority or minority.

Comment

Do you really want 30% of the vote to be from people who are just there to tick a box

Comment

Can't believe I'm agreeing with jack here () but your local mosque is a place that promulgates even more antediluvian views than your local Catholic church.

No I wouldn't. I explained why to your m8.

I'm making commentary on my society. Two people riding in Clonskeagh mosque with the intention to disrespect has a whole different meaning. A sinister meaning (from my perspective).

My opinions of Islam are probably in line with the average atheist, I do have issues with it's oppressive patriarchy but it hasn't impacted my life and my society as negatively as catholicism has.

Catholicism has been a cancer on Irish society, and it still has far too much influence. People should be free to follow it if they choose, but it should be a private and personal affair.

I enjoy it when it gets hurt like this.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

As has been reported you don't have the same hatred for other religions that have probably done more damage.

That to me is conflicting views.
                                    Hopefully I've explained why in my last post.

Comment

Comment

Is there anything to be said for another ass

Comment

Germans perpetrated some awful things in the past (far worse than anything the Church ever did in Ireland).

If I stuck on a SS uniform and filmed myself wanking on the S-bahn, that would clearly be acceptable so. Let's try that.
                                          If the Nazi party still had a stranglehold on German society then sure knock yourself out. Circumcised for a stronger message.

Comment

Comment

So Laz. Are all Catholic priests and nuns deserving of this treatment , given that the majority of them are innocent of the charges you make. I'd imagine a lot of them are decent .

Comment

Probably not.

I don't detest Islam and Judaism with every fibre of my being though.
                                                Just noticed I capitalised Islam and Judaism there. I always make a point of lower casing catholicism unless it's the start of a sentence. I can never bring myself to give it even that inconsequential respect, even though nobody would ever notice.

Was interesting to me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                  If the Nazi party still had a stranglehold on German society then sure knock yourself out. Circumcised for a stronger message.
                                                  Nazism is thrivng in 2018 .

Off to bed now . Would pray for ye but me knees are sore .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                    So Laz. Are all Catholic priests and nuns deserving of this treatment , given that the majority of them are innocent of the charges you make. I'd imagine a lot of them are decent .
                                                    Raoul has already Godwinned this.

Comment

Somehow all this offence talk reminds me of being at a 'gay student disco' in Belfast in it must have been 1991. Don't even remember exactly where it was, though it definitely wasn't Queens, and had those ugly 1960's buildings like UCD.

Anyhow the Free Presbyterians I think decided to have a protest outside. Mostly singing hymns, though there must have been placards too. They literally weren't bothering us at all, but at some stage it was decided we should all go downstairs and have a group snog just as a fuck you. I'd say it was a quiet night for the RUC.

Comment

Still my favourite christian anti-gay slogan

Comment

Will still pray for Lazare tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                            I'm sure they're some of the nicest child abuse and misogyny sympathisers you could meet.
                                                            I suppose even if they did want out, committing to a life where your primary skill is telling fairytales puts you in a tough spot in the jobs market.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                              I'm sure they're some of the nicest child abuse and misogyny sympathisers you could meet.
                                                              I suppose even if they did want out, committing to a life where your primary skill is telling fairytales puts you in a tough spot in the jobs market.
                                                              Deliberately missing the point .

Comment

Just had an awesome crispy bacon toasted sambo with Polish mustard.

Would've been an absolute crime to have wasted it on a door knob.

Comment

Gotta say I'm with Jack, Willie and the Duke here.
                                                                  Which would be a great c&w supergroup BTW.

I feel more for the local parishioners which as Willie said is generally the elderly than I do for the church as an entity. While I find the sacrilege claims highly hypocritical, I can sympathise with those upset by the event.
                                                                  Of course, if it comes out these were two priests suddenly filled with the holy spirit I'll laugh alonelg with everyone else.
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 05-05-18, 14:14.

Comment

Sorry, but no pity given from me to people who see two adults having sex in a church as more outrageous than 796 child corpses tossed in a tank.

Comment

Having lunch in a Michelin star place in Auray for first day of holliers. Can wholeheartedly recommend us and bringing kids to a place like this. I'm currently pretending to send an important message to pass the buck onto the wife for a few minutes.
                                                                        Is that the place I'm going to. How does the Michelin place do with kids?

Comment

Comment

Sorry, but no pity given from me to people who see two adults having sex in a church as more outrageous than 796 child corpses tossed in a tank.
                                                                            There are church goers and clergy heartbroken by what happened to those babies, not forgetting the abuse of power to devile children Today, no priest is allowed alone with a child and any priest accused has to step down whilst it is investigated. It's a different climate in 2018 to the dark grey Ireland you refer to. Individuals and their pursuit of money is more responsible than their belief in an imaginary friend. If you look at wider life in Ireland back then it was grim , especially if you were a woman. Here's a stick to hit the good lady Mr Thornton was probably a line that got no laughs from many women watching the movie. There are still many people working and following the church, and whilst you may scoff at their silly beliefs it is a great comfort to them and they get some much needed 'mental health' benefits from that. Two dopes riding in the church does bring a grin from myself but I do think it's totally disrespectful to the good people who view the church as a safe place to visit every day. Sure it doesnt compare to the damage done but why make that comparison ?

No burden like hatred

Comment

The English must be fairly short in midfield if Ruben Loftus Cheek is being touted for the world cup

All the skill in the world but strolls around, odd flick, bad decisions...

Shelvey must have pissed on someones chips!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                The English must be fairly short in midfield if Ruben Loftus Cheek is being touted for the world cup

All the skill in the world but strolls around, odd flick, bad decisions...

Shelvey must have pissed on someones chips!

I'd say he would do something like that, good call

Comment

What time is Haye/Bellew expected to be on tonight? Assume 9 or 10pm?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                    What time is Haye/Bellew expected to be on tonight? Assume 9 or 10pm?
                                                                                    About 11pm

Comment

Is there any chance it won't be terrible, as in should I bother watching?
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        Is there any chance it won't be terrible, as in should I bother watching?
                                                                                        Was thinking the same. Never paying for it but see the GAA club will be showing it so gonna head for a few pints with a couple of the team. That's my excuse anyway

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                          About 11pm
                                                                                          Where am i likely to find the Kentucky Derby on in town if this is on?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            Your phone if you've had a bet online?

Comment

Your phone if you've had a bet online?
                                                                                              Yeah I'm thinking that's what'll happen alright

Comment

Was thinking the same. Never paying for it but see the GAA club will be showing it so gonna head for a few pints with a couple of the team. That's my excuse anyway
                                                                                                Who are you playing for now?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                  Who are you playing for now?
                                                                                                  Ratoath in soccer which I've kinda knocked on the head since football started, Donaghmore Ashbourne in football. Playing for the 4th team, have been asked to play for seconds but I'm happy starting and playing full games for the 4ths, probably wouldn't start for seconds and I just wanna play ball. Scored 1-1 Thursday night and 3 points the game before so ticking away nicely. Lost both games tho.

Comment

Kennedys Thomas Street for certain. The Foggy Dew if you ask nice.

Comment

...Just seen Sir Alex Ferguson has had an operation for a brain hemmorage, and quite seriously ill...sad...

Comment

From the United website.

Sir Alex Ferguson has undergone emergency surgery today for a brain haemorrhage. The procedure has gone very well but he needs a period of intensive care to optimise his recovery.

Doesn't sound good but hopefully comes out of it ok. Mad how well he looked at the Arsenal game and a few.days later this happens.

Comment

From the United website.

Sir Alex Ferguson has undergone emergency surgery today for a brain haemorrhage. The procedure has gone very well but he needs a period of intensive care to optimise his recovery.

Doesn't sound good but hopefully comes out of it ok. Mad how well he looked at the Arsenal game and a few.days later this happens.

avoid twitter, the lowlifes are crawling out to mock him. What great times we live in.
                                                                                                          He're hoping for Fergie time of a few more years.

Comment

Looking at a multi-sports 25/1 bet there, any weaknesses bar United being a punt?

Cup - Utd
                                                                                                            Snooker - Higgins
                                                                                                            Giro - Dumoulin
                                                                                                            Rugby - Leinster minus 10
                                                                                                            Boxing - Haye
                                                                                                            French Tennis - Nadal

Seems like a decent sweat if Haye gets it going tonight?

Comment

Boxing linkage.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Looking at a multi-sports 25/1 bet there, any weaknesses bar United being a punt?

Cup - Utd
                                                                                                                Snooker - Higgins
                                                                                                                Giro - Dumoulin
                                                                                                                Rugby - Leinster minus 10
                                                                                                                Boxing - Haye
                                                                                                                French Tennis - Nadal

Seems like a decent sweat if Haye gets it going tonight?
                                                                                                                Racing +10

Comment

Are those pregnancy pants Hayes is wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                    Racing +10
                                                                                                                    Wouldnt be well up on rugby HC's so what would the line be u think?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                      Are those pregnancy pants Hayes is wearing?
                                                                                                                      Didn't Bellew call him fat or something so maybe just taking the piss

Comment

Didn't Bellew call him fat or something so maybe just taking the piss
                                                                                                                        Bellew calls himself fat

Fair play to Bellew, didn't realize he's 35, got himself a couple of nice paydays out of Haye to fill out the pension

Comment

Wouldnt be well up on rugby HC's so what would the line be u think?
                                                                                                                          10 is the line, but i'd rather be on the racing side of it. Leinster should win by 7 or 8, but I'm definitely not discounting a racing win.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X