Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    But Giuliani joked that he had good “insurance” in case Trump did turn on him, amid speculation Republicans will seek to frame him as a rogue actor.

In a telephone interview with the Guardian, in response to a question about whether he was nervous that Trump might “throw him under a bus” in the impeachment crisis, Giuliani said, with a slight laugh: “I’m not, but I do have very, very good insurance, so if he does, all my hospital bills will be paid.”

Giuliani’s lawyer, Robert Costello, who was also on the call, then interjected: “He’s joking.”
    Schiff: so, Mr Giuliani, would you like to spend the rest of your life in jail or would you like to tell us the truth?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Jesus, surely the GOP could have got someone better that this muppet

Aimless mud-slinging

Comment

But Giuliani joked that he had good “insurance” in case Trump did turn on him, amid speculation Republicans will seek to frame him as a rogue actor.

In a telephone interview with the Guardian, in response to a question about whether he was nervous that Trump might “throw him under a bus” in the impeachment crisis, Giuliani said, with a slight laugh: “I’m not, but I do have very, very good insurance, so if he does, all my hospital bills will be paid.”

Giuliani’s lawyer, Robert Costello, who was also on the call, then interjected: “He’s joking.”
        Oh yeah. Course he does. He's a mobster. You think he left himself wide open? No way.

I wonder what will happen if Trump decides to not throw him under bus, but the evidence is too compelling for Trumps impeachment.

What will give?
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
          Have Fox news on here in background, blowing up.
          What are they saying?

Comment

Yes, GOP lawyer definitely trying to paint Giuliani as separate actor from Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              What are they saying?
              Ken Starr saying this is a bombshell.

Basically Trump will be impeached. Other dude said Sondland basically ran over the whole admin in the bus. Very bad for president.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Basically Trump will be impeached. Other dude said Sondland basically ran over the whole admin in the bus. Very bad for president.
                That's surprising, and also somewhat heartening.

Comment

I don't know if its my bias but I think even the counsels reflect the different parties outlooks and views. Caster is odious.

Kind of like dogs who look like their owners.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Meltdown.

Comment

Proves he can read anyway.

Comment

He's still a 1/4 shot to see out his term and fairly short to be still there post 2025. All to do about nothing.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

This is both great and terrifying

A new tell-all book called 'A Warning,' written by an anonymous Senior White House Official, was released today. The saddest part about the book and these im...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              But thats the problem. When we start to think like that, then we start to accept that everything is okay. This is so clearly corruption of an astonishing level and it does matter. Even if no-one changes their mind.
                              And that's fair enough, but things won't be fixed by this either, the system is far more broken than any show like this can achieve. I have no idea what the answer is, but they should go back down the basket of deplorables route that failed for Hilary. Call a spade a spade. They are not listening to any sort of sense or reasons, so start calling some of them out a bit more often.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                He's still a 1/4 shot to see out his term and fairly short to be still there post 2025. All to do about nothing.
                                Support will fall off a cliff. It won't be gradual.

He'll be heavy fave until he's a massive dog. Support will turn quick and fast and it'll all be over.

If it happens.

Comment

Your insightful analysis has been noted.

Comment

it's a case of putting the blocks together.

Did Trump withhold military assistance to a country under attack (by fucking Russia ffs) by making that aid conditional on publically opening an investigation into a political opponent?
                                    All of this testimony is clearly directed at a 'Yes' answer.

So that's the legal case for impeachment.
                                    The above is an impeachable offence. Trump should be impeached and removed from office.

Now you're into the political calculus that Republicans have to make. Do they think people are so entrenched in their political stances that they can take the risk of supporting the retention of a criminal in the White House?

You think yes...I think maybe. Let's find out. In any case, it is momentous.
                                    Unless they find a recording of Trump saying something as blatant as "the people that vote for me are so dumb. I must ring Vladimir to find out what chaos he wants me to sow next" then republicans won't turn on him. The only ones that have stayed vocally opposed to him are ones that are retiring or else ones from generally dem leaning states, but these are few and far between. It is all about keeping your seat, and for most republicans, opposing Trump means you won't get voted in. Real politics doesn't matter anymore. He will be impeached probably, but almost zero chance of being removed from office unless something huge is uncovered, and probably not related to him withholding money from Ukraine until they investigate Hunter Biden.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      I feel sorry for UTD fans who think they are in the mix for Poch, delusional .(not you, you seem to have some awareness that Utd have a while to go before rock bottom )
                                      Think that's a back handed compliment in some way

Comment

Support will fall off a cliff. It won't be gradual.

He'll be heavy fave until he's a massive dog. Support will turn quick and fast and it'll all be over.
                                        There's plenty of liquidity there at fancy prices rn for you to become rich based on that synopsis.

Market is heavily pointing towards the status quo remaining for some time.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

There's plenty of liquidity there at fancy prices rn for you to become rich based on that synopsis.

Market is heavily pointing towards the status quo remaining for some time.
                                          I believe you. Have no interest in betting on it though.

Comment

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Comment

They will play it along the lines of it is a shock to them and they were mistaken to believe the president but they only did so because as good Americans they are supposed to believe the president.

Seen as pure bullshit by everyone except there target audience who play along

Comment

Trump's handwritten notes from today

Comment

lol, Nunes sounds like he doesn't even believe his own bullshit here

Comment

jesus, is that real?
                                                    Last edited by Theresa; 20-11-19, 17:49. Reason: wow it is.

Comment

Nunes just gives up and hands over to the lawyer

"no, you talk"

"no you, I got nothing"

"just try and muddy the waters there while we think WTF to do"

Comment

The GOP lawyer has definitely been trying to suggest Rudy is going alone

Comment

This is hilarious. Wtf.

Comment

lol, Nunes sounds like he doesn't even believe his own bullshit here

Comment

I think this GOP lawyer is a Deep State plant.

Comment

I think this GOP lawyer is a Deep State plant.
                                                                After this is over can they not go after the GOP lads on the various panels for clearly trying to block with whataboutery, bluff and spin?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                  After this is over can they not go after the GOP lads on the various panels for clearly trying to block with whataboutery, bluff and spin?
                                                                  that's their job, in fairness

Dems job is to make the bribery case so overwhelming that everyone points and laughs at their efforts. Which is now happening.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The GOP lawyer has definitely been trying to suggest Rudy is going alone
                                                                      and as if on cue:

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        Oh my god, they're his actual notes
                                                                        At least they didn't say

I AM NOT A CROOK

Comment

Even if this stops him running again he is going to remain an extremely potent force for evil in the world.
                                                                          Hopefully he's too stupid to pay the Russians back the billions he owes them in which case Vlad will erase him to turn the screws on the Daughter.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                              Considering he has never actually won a single trophy I seriously doubt your statement. He would however be a big improvement for both Arsenal or United.
                                                                              Juventus bought Sarri. Won his first trophy weeks before that.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                Podcast festival, christ, we can't enjoy anything without overdoing it until the good is gone.
                                                                                Went to see blindboy last night at vicar street, was great stuff. Never listened to his podcast. Had Lynn Ruane on, not your usual politician seeing as she used to drug deal, steal cars and so on. Never heard of her. Good sort.

I've only read Blink and thought it was awful rubbish altogether. Is his other output worthwhile?
                                                                                I liked "What the Dog Saw". You have to know what you are getting into with his books, he is a great writer and they are great entertainment, make you think and reevaluate, rather than being profound. Like he says himself, intellectual adventure stories: https://slate.com/technology/2013/10...easonable.html

I just started Blink actually! Here I am being a wanker in the Tate Modern.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 20-11-19, 21:00.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                  Unless they find a recording of Trump saying something as blatant as "the people that vote for me are so dumb. I must ring Vladimir to find out what chaos he wants me to sow next" then republicans won't turn on him. The only ones that have stayed vocally opposed to him are ones that are retiring or else ones from generally dem leaning states, but these are few and far between. It is all about keeping your seat, and for most republicans, opposing Trump means you won't get voted in. Real politics doesn't matter anymore. He will be impeached probably, but almost zero chance of being removed from office unless something huge is uncovered, and probably not related to him withholding money from Ukraine until they investigate Hunter Biden.
                                                                                  not going to be impeached for sure, I don’t know enough history to know how many times a democracy has without massive civil revolt or military coup since ceaser that an elected leader was ousted fully. Plenty pushed to resign early alright.

Big question is if it can get enough dirt on him that it stops his re-election but not dump enough into the proceedings that he cannot get the rep nomination. Warren, bidden, Saunders and who ever else can’t beat a republican bar trump - all way to easy to dislike or in biddens case smear.

Interesting tightrope to walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                    Finally made it as a hipster influencer, was flown over to model clothes and shoes in shoreditch Next up should be doing suits and peacoats. Grand for an hour of somebody taking pictures of you.
                                                                                    Have these pics dropped yet?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                      not going to be impeached for sure, I don’t know enough history to know how many times a democracy has without massive civil revolt or military coup since ceaser that an elected leader was ousted fully. Plenty pushed to resign early alright.

Big question is if it can get enough dirt on him that it stops his re-election but not dump enough into the proceedings that he cannot get the rep nomination. Warren, bidden, Saunders and who ever else can’t beat a republican bar trump - all way to easy to dislike or in biddens case smear.

Interesting tightrope to walk.
                                                                                      Impeached doesn't mean ousted. Bill Clinton was impeached, but the senate didn't vote to remove from office, same as it will probably turn out this time.

What dirt do you think matters to most of those that vote trump? Guns, abortion, God, anti foreigners are what matters to most of them (to varying degrees) and any democrat is worse than trump on all those to most trump voters so it doesn't matter.
                                                                                      Last edited by 6starpool; 21-11-19, 09:12.

Comment

Great to see royal family getting a good kicking. Hopefully Things continue to get way worse.
                                                                                        Pretty clear Epstein was an intelligence assett, not following it that closely because we will never know the half of it. Worst of it will dribble out as “conspiracy theories” for years then stuff will start being semi confirmed when big players start dying off

Prince Andrew would absolutely have sailed off into the sunset if that photo did not exist
                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 21-11-19, 09:33.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                          Great to see royal family getting a good kicking. Hopefully Things continue to get way worse.
                                                                                          Pretty clear Epstein was an intelligence assett, not following it that closely because we will never know the half of it. Worst of it will dribble out as “conspiracy theories” for years then stuff will start being semi confirmed when big players start dying off

Prince Andrew would absolutely have sailed off into the sunset if that photo did not exist
                                                                                          Any thoughts on Rachel Riley trending on the twitter?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Varadkar View Post
                                                                                            Those were tweets that were sent by a qualified solicitor, a woman in her 30s, a woman actively involved in Fianna Fáil at the time

I think just describing them as inappropriate isn’t enough, we should say what they were: misogynistic towards women, racist towards Travellers and classist, and also body shaming. I don’t think they are becoming of someone who is Fianna Fáil’s equality spokesperson.

I’m not sure what it says about Fianna Fail’s commitment to equality.
                                                                                            Verona Murphy says hello Leo
                                                                                            Empty words from Leo, Veronas quotes were far more racist, recent and made while actively involved in public life and yet FG seem of a mind to let her go forward as a candidate after all the posturing last week, Covent went campaigning with her after the story broke

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              we have an exclusive sneak preview available to IPB users only:

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                Impeached doesn't mean ousted. Bill Clinton was impeached, but the senate didn't vote to remove from office, same as it will probably turn out this time.

What dirt do you think matters to most of those that vote trump? Guns, abortion, God, anti foreigners are what matters to most of them (to varying degrees) and any democrat is worse than trump on all those to most trump voters so it doesn't matter.
                                                                                                The Constitution?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58
                                                                                                  It’s a bit of letdown, was expecting something else
                                                                                                  My first thought was that she had died.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                    My first thought was that she had died.
                                                                                                    Her career probably has

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Her career probably has
                                                                                                      I think you're in trouble if you get on the wrong side of a debate with fellas like this!?

Comment

Does anyone know how big is the problem in labour?

Any problem is too big, I don't doubt that it exists and they have handled it awfully (I'd struggle to vote for them if I still lived in UK)

I remember when it came out first looking into it and a lot of the stuff was coming from right wing or Zionist think tanks and seemed to come at times that suited certain parties

Again not saying its false (the far left in England have a history of being on the wrong side of the argument, Stalin, the unionists in the 50/60's) but found it very hard to take an interest when there was so much shit flying around

Comment

It's a weird one, there is obviously some level of a problem that Labour are failing to deal with but it seems to me that a large part of that problem is that Israel has successfully managed to create as a fact the absolutely unreasonable lie that anti zionism and anti semitism are the same thing. That allows room for anti semites to find cover in the only mainstream party who are willing to take a stand against the continuing crimes of the Israeli state.

I'm 100% sure that is you could get an accurate blind taste test of Labour v Tory members and / or voters our going to find a lot more actual anti semites in blue.

Comment

Ouch. Useful work by the Gentleman from New York (and a reminder that Sondland is actually a scumbag too who had to have the truth dragged out of him )

Comment

It's a weird one, there is obviously some level of a problem that Labour are failing to deal with but it seems to me that a large part of that problem is that Israel has successfully managed to create as a fact the absolutely unreasonable lie that anti zionism and anti semitism are the same thing. That allows room for anti semites to find cover in the only mainstream party who are willing to take a stand against the continuing crimes of the Israeli state.

I'm 100% sure that is you could get an accurate blind taste test of Labour v Tory members and / or voters our going to find a lot more actual anti semites in blue.
                                                                                                              I think it's to do with the Momentum hijacking of Labour. Some pretty nasty types in there.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                Not yet, they were clothes samples so not ready for sale, I must ask about it! Don't think they'll be dropping here either.

Comment

I doubt today's hearings will match yesterday for drama. Although we do get to hear a British accent in Fiona Hill, on the Hill. Hurrhurr.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                    Not yet, they were clothes samples so not ready for sale, I must ask about it! Don't think they'll be dropping here either.
                                                                                                                    What did you think the Olafur Eliasson Exhibition?
                                                                                                                    Thinking of going back to it again next week.

Comment

The Constitution?
                                                                                                                      They only care about the bits of the constitution they agree with.

Comment

Oh I never went to that, it was £18 and I didn't even get through all the free stuff while I was there, worth it then I take it.

Here I am last year enjoying some of the fine work on offer.
                                                                                                                        The actual piece I was looking at pre prohoshop was "Reborn Sounds of Childhood Dreams" by Ibrahim El-Salahi which is one of my favourite things there.

I quite enjoyed the Derek Jarman exhibit at IMMA the other day, his art takes quite a decent in madness after he got aids, nice to see development of style over a lifetime. I work beside there but far too rarely go in! Even made a random chinese tourist art friend there, due to her taking a photo of me looking at one of his pieces and asking if was that ok. Um ok! So I was chatting away to her at a normal conversational level, wondering how much crazy Chinese beliefs lurked beneath this lovely exterior - wanting to ask about HK but she asked my thoughts on F.X. Buckley first. It is quite strange to talk in a museum like that as everybody else is completely silent, floating about like some ethereal ghosts around you.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-11-19, 13:12.

Comment

i went and loved it. Watched the abstract doc on netflix on him which was great, and really got the kids interested before we went to the tate, and explained a lot of his concepts.

off to the Antony Gormley Exhibition this weekend, really excited if i'm honest.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X