Scalp tournament, call or fold spot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scalp tournament, call or fold spot.

Recently came across this spot in a scalp tournament and want to get a few opinions on it.

Start of fifth level, 150/300/25 and its an 18man rebuy scalp that is now freezeout with half the prizepool in scalps and 2 spots paid. Starting stack is 15k, 15 minute clock, and im on a full table.

So very first hand of this level and utg shoves all in for 4700 and it is folded around to us in the big blind, we are sitting with 20k exactly and look at Q6os.

Do we call or fold??!?!

It is a 35e tournament with 15e scalps. 15e in pool and 5 reg.

Any more info ill give at request. I want to see what factors people think are worth accounting for here too! Thanks for your time!

Originally posted by RunGood4eva View Post
    Recently came across this spot in a scalp tournament and want to get a few opinions on it.

Start of fifth level, 150/300/25 and its an 18man rebuy scalp that is now freezeout with half the prizepool in scalps and 2 spots paid. Starting stack is 15k, 15 minute clock, and im on a full table.

So very first hand of this level and utg shoves all in for 4700 and it is folded around to us in the big blind, we are sitting with 20k exactly and look at Q6os.

Do we call or fold??!?!

It is a 35e tournament with 15e scalps. 15e in pool and 5 reg.

Any more info ill give at request. I want to see what factors people think are worth accounting for here too! Thanks for your time!
    Horrible structure half the prizepool taken out with scalps.
    Id call.
    Our chips cost 30 euro for 20k
    4600 is worth 15 euro 4300 more to call even if your hand is not strong im calling.

Comment

Its a 35e buy in for 15k starting stack! Cant figure out you mean 20k for 30euro?!!

Comment

Originally posted by RunGood4eva View Post
        Its a 35e buy in for 15k starting stack! Cant figure out you mean 20k for 30euro?!!
        ah right thought was 20k starting stack

Comment

If this was a normal game, and say he was shoving top 15% of hands, then we need to call 4400 to win 5375 so need 45% equity. We're only get 30% against that range.

In a bounty tournament where half the entry fee is made up of bounties, then we can assign his bounty as equal to the starting stack, so 15,000 chips.

Therefore, it's now costing us 4400 to win 20375 so we now need only 18%.

You could probably call with any 2 cards.

That's the maths behind it, but not sure i'd be snapping with 72o myself.

Comment

Working...
          X