No announcement yet.

Golf Betting Thread 2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've opened a SkyBet account on the back of their offer. It's super in Fairness.

Big E/W on Phil and Hideki.
    Small E/W pokes on Kuchar and Casey.

Maybe one more bullet left to fire on a favourite.

Kimmage's interview with Lowry is very good.

For seven years now, since his breakout win at the 2009 Irish Open when he became only the third amateur in history to win on the European Tour, I’ve stood back from Shane Lowry and thought: ‘Hmmm.’

Comment

Phil has has 15 top 7 finishes in the Masters. Think about that.

If he shows any form pre tourney (and he has) he's a must back imo.

He leads the PGA tour in scoring average this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
        Phil has has 15 top 7 finishes in the Masters. Think about that.

If he shows any form pre tourney (and he has) he's a must back imo.

He leads the PGA tour in scoring average this season.
        Followed you in. Managed to find a mate who put on bets with Sky Bet for me. Also did Matsuyama.
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Fowler

Spieth
          Big Phil

Comment

d.johnson
            mickelson
            matsuyama

Comment

Added Jimmy Walker and Schwartzal
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Jordan Spieth is 10/1 to win the Masters.

Re-read this post in 12 months time.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                  for the masters as usual (and as for the last 6 years) i will pick the golfer who augusta is literally designed for.....his ideal track....mr Bubba Watson...
                  Not literally though? As a golf newb I was googling to see if/how/why the course was actually designed for him.
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Lumped on Mickelson top ten
                    D.Johnson FRL ew
                    Fowler ew

Comment

Mickleson leads the field in first round scoring this year. 25/1 FRL.

Jimmy Walker also high up in that stat. 60/1 FRL

Both high up in birdie average On PGA tour 8th and 12th respectively.

Both good wind players too as expected to be gusting to 25mph

Comment

Bubba got the ol flu. I'd hold off on betting him.

Have Jordan and DJ , but going to add Stenson for FRL.

GL all.

Comment

Is there anything I need to know about betting with skybet, was going to open an account as they are offering 8 places @ 1/4.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                            Is there anything I need to know about betting with skybet, was going to open an account as they are offering 8 places @ 1/4.
                            pretty sure everyone who didn't already have an account opened one this week. you also get £20 free bets.

added Spieth to my stable

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                              pretty sure everyone who didn't already have an account opened one this week. you also get £20 free bets.

added Spieth to my stable
                              €40 free bets if you sign up through oddschecker on a laptop/non mobile device.

Comment

Big on Day e/w with Skybet
                                Matsuyama and Grace e/w for a bit less

Kuch, Hoffman, Horschel FRL e/w

There is a sweep in the Golf club for a €5 a pick.... I got two and drew Scott and Spieth!!
                                GL everyone

Comment

For anyone wondering, they are accepting decent levels of liability on Skybet, unlike a lot of places when they have offers like this. I've had about 3k spread over a few different horses and no signs of being unwilling to take more yet.

Comment

Who are you doing the bets for?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                      Who are you doing the bets for?
                                      You mean which golfers? Just the top of the field.

Happy to admit I'm unlikely to beat the bookies picking random horses, but matching betfair prices with a massive edge in the place market is a spot I'm happy to get a big chunk onto.

Comment

Oosthuizen
                                        Phil
                                        Ernie

First round leader

Dustin
                                        Charley hoffman
                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                          Bubba got the ol flu. I'd hold off on betting him.

Have Jordan and DJ , but going to add Stenson for FRL.

GL all.
                                          What happened to Matsuyama in your stable?

Palmer is after tipping him now. 40s holding in Laddies @ 6 places and SkyBet still 35s on 8.

Reading the greens are as quick as most of the players have seen on a Monday.
                                          That's good for our Japanese Hero.

Comment

Day, Phil and Patrick Reed for me. Also going to stick Phil in a double/treble with some Aintree runners, yet to decide who.

Comment

€40 free bets if you sign up through oddschecker on a laptop/non mobile device.
                                              £40 through there own site.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                For anyone wondering, they are accepting decent levels of liability on Skybet, unlike a lot of places when they have offers like this. I've had about 3k spread over a few different horses and no signs of being unwilling to take more yet.
                                                Sporting life podcast, sky price setter openly admits offer nothing to with him and it's a loss leader to attract customers. He gonna lose on it no matter what happens

FAO Doug and Shrap, I fell asleep not long after that

Comment

Yeah that was pretty clear. I wonder how much it's going to cost them. Super effective I would guess in terms of signing people up but how cost effective it'll be remains to be seen!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                    What happened to Matsuyama in your stable?

Palmer is after tipping him now. 40s holding in Laddies @ 6 places and SkyBet still 35s on 8.

Reading the greens are as quick as most of the players have seen on a Monday.
                                                    That's good for our Japanese Hero.
                                                    A mere tenner Tis all I can afford . Biggest on Speith and DJ from months ago. A few little other bets but not worth mentioning for the small amounts. Eg immelman at 1000 to 1 .2 euro e-way
                                                    Toms for the par 3

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                      Sporting life podcast, sky price setter openly admits offer nothing to with him and it's a loss leader to attract customers. He gonna lose on it no matter what happens

FAO Doug and Shrap, I fell asleep not long after that
                                                      John Rhodes the skybet guy suggested Walker as an outsider and Dechambeau top debutant.

Comment

A mere tenner Tis all I can afford . Biggest on Speith and DJ from months ago. A few little other bets but not worth mentioning for the small amounts. Eg immelman at 1000 to 1 .2 euro e-way
                                                        Toms for the par 3
                                                        I can't see a par 3 winner market anywhere. Only a handful can/want to win it so could be some value

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                          You mean which golfers? Just the top of the field.

Happy to admit I'm unlikely to beat the bookies picking random horses, but matching betfair prices with a massive edge in the place market is a spot I'm happy to get a big chunk onto.
                                                          Yes I meant who are you backing sorry.

Comment

Yes I meant who are you backing sorry.
                                                            No great insight for you I'm afraid

Comment

Rafeal Cabrera Bello for top debutant @7/1 is very attractive price which I will be taken a lot of.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                I can't see a par 3 winner market anywhere. Only a handful can/want to win it so could be some value
                                                                Havent backed Toms just saying I fancy him to win the par 3 if you find a market let me know. The kid can forget nappies for one week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                  Rafeal Cabrera Bello for top debutant @7/1 is very attractive price which I will be taken a lot of.
                                                                  Nice bet. GL

Comment

Havent backed Toms just saying I fancy him to win the par 3 if you find a market let me know. The kid can forget nappies for one week.
                                                                    The market is up on PP. Kevin Kisner is my tip. 40/1. Most end up NR and he is local and said he would like to win it. Couldn't see Toms .

Comment

Oh I never even looked at this market, yeah... all aboardddddd
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Late to Sky sign up.

I'm reading they are matching up to £50, have we all availed of this offer?

Or the free bet one?

Comment

All in on Mcilroy at 17-2.
                                                                          Small bet on him to lead or co lead after rnd 1 and win at 33s - has done this in two of his four majors and in a third he was one off the lead after day 1.
                                                                          Small bet on Cabrera Bello to be FRL at 66s.

Comment

I'm green on Day, McIlroy, Bubba, Fowler and Stenson. Funking for Stenson though.

Comment

Golf bets for week
                                                                              Snedeker kuchar and jaidee ew
                                                                              An frl
                                                                              D Johnson for the win (if he doesn't bottle it)
                                                                              Good luck all

Comment

Happy Major Thursday, Lads.

Best of luck.

Just hope it's enjoyable.
                                                                                Last year's Masters was over very early and was shite if the truth be told.

Hopefully there's a couple or few boys going toe to toe on Sunday evening.

Comment

Speith on the nose (10s with Boyles)
                                                                                  small ew Ryan Moore

Comment

Did McIlroy (8/1) win and went with Matsuyama (35) and Kirk (175) e/w

Was just checking the tee of times 5 mins ago and saw that Jim Herman was already -2 after 3 holes and got him at 125/1 (pre betting was available until 2pm on skybet, Paddy Power closed at 1.20 when the 1st group started), will this stand if he manages to keep this up for another 70 holes forget that, now +1
                                                                                    Last edited by EnzoScifo; 07-04-16, 13:38.

Comment

I have backed Brooks Koepka, whoever he is.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Last week's winner birdied first 2 holes and still 66 to 1 to be first round leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                          Last week's winner birdied first 2 holes and still 66 to 1 to be first round leader.
                                                                                          +1 thru 6, WP

Comment

cheeky tenner on phil and rafa
                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Main bet for me is Sneds. Seems great value @55s. Also have Grace and then smaller bets on An, Lowry and Dechambeau.

FRL scattergun job on An, Grace, Dechambeau and Moore.

Enjoy lads.

Ominously good start from Jordan. Must have rectified his Spieth impediment.
                                                                                              Last edited by TonyCascarino; 07-04-16, 15:33.

Comment

Speith making the layers look foolish in A Gusty Georgia.

Comment

Thought Day was a steal of a price to be 1st round leader after 9 holes @ 6/4 one shot back when Spieth was 8/11, great back 9 by him.

Comment

I said I would use my free bet from skybet on an outsider, was a flip between Els and Lowrey and of course I went the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                                                      I said I would use my free bet from skybet on an outsider, was a flip between Els and Lowrey and of course I went the wrong way.
                                                                                                      I know hindsight is great but I wouldn't have considered this a flip. More an 80/20.

Comment

Bubba Watson (9/4) and Adam Scott to miss the cut, 2 singles and a double

Comment

I love the 2 ball match bet accums on Major Sat and Sun, always good for a sweat.

Going for five.

1.
                                                                                                          Rose
                                                                                                          Na
                                                                                                          Cabrera
                                                                                                          D J
                                                                                                          Lowry
                                                                                                          15/1

2.
                                                                                                          D J
                                                                                                          Sergio
                                                                                                          Matsuyama
                                                                                                          Sned
                                                                                                          Piercy
                                                                                                          13/1

3.
                                                                                                          Stenson
                                                                                                          Poults
                                                                                                          Cameron Smith
                                                                                                          Casey
                                                                                                          Walker
                                                                                                          20/1

4
                                                                                                          Willet
                                                                                                          Matsuyama
                                                                                                          Kjeldson
                                                                                                          Rory and Spieth tie
                                                                                                          75/1

5
                                                                                                          Lowry
                                                                                                          Matsuyama
                                                                                                          Kjeldson
                                                                                                          Piercy
                                                                                                          Rory
                                                                                                          33/1

Gl all
                                                                                                          Last edited by Lazare; 09-04-16, 13:11.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Very enjoyable so far. Even though my bets are going great ,I'm hoping Langer defies everyone .

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                              Jordan Spieth is 10/1 to win the Masters.

Re-read this post in 12 months time.
                                                                                                              .

Comment

Matsuyama/Schniederjans EW double sweat tomorrow
                                                                                                                Last edited by elbows; 10-04-16, 23:17.

Comment

Come on Matsuyama tomorrow! Some big crumbles today. What about Na? What a day of sport.
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Speith. DJ and mats. Surely a return. Would swap it all to see Langer win. What a story it would be. Up there with Leicester

Comment

Speith. DJ and mats. Surely a return. Would swap it all to see Langer win. What a story it would be. Up there with Leicester
                                                                                                                      Will be cheering on Langer too. Class act

Comment

Fucking Berger(he's a debutant right?), so we got 2nd?
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                          Matsuyama/Schniederjans EW double sweat tomorrow
                                                                                                                          So close

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X