RUGBY BETTING THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    What did we miss analysing the Toulouse game?
    That they are cheese eating surrender monkeys.
    "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

There are some games you don't mind being wrong on!

Comment

yup,great win for connacht,line didnt move in the Toulouse,looks like the big boys didnt back it......did they?
        anyways,gone for the half/time hcp clermont-5 think they'll hit the ground running,the no yellow card in the same game @ 13/8 for a small one as well!
        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Ulster +12 is the bookies giving away money imo. If it wasn't so big I'd back them straight but its so big I just have to go large on it.
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

some nice games in the hc

HEINEKEN CUP QUARTER-FINALS
            (Ties to be played the weekend of 6/7/8 April)

Munster v Ulster
            Leinster v Cardiff Blues
            Edinburgh v Toulouse
            Saracens v Clermont Auvergne

HEINEKEN CUP SEMI-FINALS
            (Ties to be played the weekend of 28/29 April)

Saracens/Clermont Auvergne v Leinster/Cardiff Blues
            Munster/Ulster v Edinburgh/Toulouse
            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Heineken Cup Winner Betting Odds

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Had an ok weekend thanks to Connacht, Ulster and Munsters performances, but Toulouse was a disaster for me.
                Looking forward to the Munster v Ulster game at Thomond. Casting my eye over the outright betting, Clermont at 7's are savage value...they have a home semi (against Leinster most likely) if they beat Saracens which I think they will...they will be a very tough nut to crack, wherever that game is held (can't be in Clermont...Lyon or somewhere prob).
                Path opened up for Munster now too if they keep everyone fit and in form.

Comment

lost a few quid over the weekend,but nothing huge,guess the two ante post bets on ulster at 100/1 is now 20s with munster away not the worst draw,if munster dont turn up on the day they have some chance,toulouse @ 4/1 now 5s away to Edinburgh again not the worst draw hopefully will get past them.all up in the air with the 6 nations,with some key players involved for all teams,injurys me thinks just could be a deciding factor in some of these games!i

edit,and one last thing,THANK YOU MR. ASHTON,think its safe to say your money grabbing antics saved a lot of people a lot of wonga!
                  Last edited by amberleaf; 23-01-12, 12:42.
                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Fantasy Rugby 2012 if any ones intrested

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

saxons v wolfhounds(england a v ireland a) will be on here at 5 o clock (bst) http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?...86&part=sports
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Italy +19.5 in the first game looks decentish as does England +3.5.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Disagree about Italy after beating France last year revenge will be high on on Les Bleus mind.
                          They have a coach now who is a bit conservative but will pick his best 15 every match which is not good news for the rest of us.
                          The French showed in the world cup final what they can do if there minds are right and i think they will win the championship 6/4 is a good price.
                          Italy are a very poor team the big heart will be no USe on a fine dry day in Paris

Comment

I just think France have that ability to come out and be brutal in the first game just as much as they do to be class. Italy will beat them around the place for the first 50-60 mins. If they can keep it tight up front and France aren't well clear by then, they're likely to get dejected and put the heads down a bit.
                            I think they'll either do them by 4 or by 40 and I think there's a bit of value in it.

Comment

Did you mean England -3.5 zuutroy yes? Would prob agree if England had a settled team but they'll have a totally new centre partnership for one, most likely Brad Barritt and Owen Farrell, so not totally sold on that one, although it is likely they will win.

As for Italy, you may well be proved correct, but I'll be staying away from that one. France, with a new coach (who isn't a nutjob) and the very strong Clermont-Toulouse axis at the spine, will want to kick start the campaign in spectacular fashion in Paris. Italy are much improved, yes..but this fixture 2 years ago (when Lievremont was still fiddling about) ended 46-20 to France, and should have been more but he emptied the bench when France went 22 points up as they had England in the decider the week after. Actually, thinking about it, I may even have a touch off France -20 @10/11!

If I was calling the games on current market prices, I would go for a treble of England, Ireland & France -17...just under 3/1 on PP right now.

Comment

Italy shouldn't be longer than +8 against any side at home whatsoever this season. If you see it, kill it.

Comment

Yeah I meant England -3.5.

I just don't think France play with that team mentality where they think 'start the campaign well', 'avenge last year'. They have always struck me as a team of individuals more so than any of the other 5.

Comment

I just think France have that ability to come out and be brutal in the first game just as much as they do to be class. Italy will beat them around the place for the first 50-60 mins. If they can keep it tight up front and France aren't well clear by then, they're likely to get dejected and put the heads down a bit.
                                    I think they'll either do them by 4 or by 40 and I think there's a bit of value in it.
                                    If a French pack with Harinordoquay at 8 or 6 Picamoles at 8. and Dusatoir at 7 with Maestri Nallet or Pape in the second row with Servat at hooker and any number of excellent props gets beaten about the place ill eat my hat.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                      If a French pack with Harinordoquay at 8 or 6 Picamoles at 8. and Dusatoir at 7 with Maestri Nallet or Pape in the second row with Servat at hooker and any number of excellent props gets beaten about the place ill eat my hat.
                                      Yeah, pretty much agree. Was in Stade de France for the corresponding game 2 years ago...France tore them assunder and were 22-3 up after like 20 mins or so. Emptied the bench after half time and still won by 26 aswell. I'm sure the highlights are somewhere on youtube.

Comment

gone for declan kidney to be next lions head coach @ 13/8 with powers
                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                          gone for declan kidney to be next lions head coach @ 13/8 with powers
                                          Seriously

Comment

yup,think about it

Warren Gatland 1
                                            Declan Kidney 13/8
                                            Andy Robinson 10/3
                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

yup,think about it

Warren Gatland 1
                                              Declan Kidney 13/8
                                              Andy Robinson 10/3
                                              TBH, I think Wales would have to get white-washed and Ireland would have to win the Slam for Gatland not to get the Lions job. He was on the team in 2009..they like continuity aswell. He's a shoe in IMO.

Comment

With the team selections so far, it would appear that I will be keeping most of my ammo dry for round 2 of the 6N. Ireland can't be trusted with D'arcy and Earls in midfield. They will prob still win, but backing them on the spread is too risky.
                                                England v Scotland..if England as expected go with Barritt, Farrell, Hodgson in midfield I will have a cut off Scotland +3 @10/11 here, maybe even 11/8 for the win. Hodgson is still flakey as fuck and Farrell/Barritt untested at this level.
                                                As I've said already, wouldn't go mad on the France v Italy game until in-game...could be worth lumping on France to win big if they start well then, as even if the bench gets emptied, the likes of Szarzewski, Poux, Harinordoquy, Parra, Beauxis and Mermoz will in no way weaken the team.

Comment

As I've said already, wouldn't go mad on the France v Italy game until in-game...could be worth lumping on France to win big if they start well then, as even if the bench gets emptied, the likes of Szarzewski, Poux, Harinordoquy, Parra, Beauxis and Mermoz will in no way weaken the team.

was thinking that myself tbh,highest scoring half,2nd half also worth a look @ 4/5
                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                    With the team selections so far, it would appear that I will be keeping most of my ammo dry for round 2 of the 6N. Ireland can't be trusted with D'arcy and Earls in midfield. They will prob still win, but backing them on the spread is too risky.
                                                    I think Ireland -5 is a great bet myself, Wales are vastly overrated, one dimensional, predictable and lack real quality in depth. Ireland will be reeling from teh WC defeat and our bench also looks very very good, Donacha Ryan playing Rugby I quite frankly didnt think he was capable of, ROG the ultimate game controller and POM one of the inform backrowers in the Northern Hemisphere.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                      I think Ireland -5 is a great bet myself, Wales are vastly overrated, one dimensional, predictable and lack real quality in depth. Ireland will be reeling from teh WC defeat and our bench also looks very very good, Donacha Ryan playing Rugby I quite frankly didnt think he was capable of, ROG the ultimate game controller and POM one of the inform backrowers in the Northern Hemisphere.
                                                      -4 at 10/11 -5 at evens bet 365
                                                      The three players you mentioned arent starting and knowing Kidney bar Rog getting 20 25 mins the lads might get 3 or 4 mins Ryan deserves to start on form.

England and Scotland the english backrow is the worst i can recall for over 20 years
                                                      and Hodgson at outhalf is as much as a turnstile as Rog in the tackle.

France will annialate Italy by 30

Comment

Care for a friendly wager for $10/$20 on Fra/Italy at +22.5?

Comment

what odds you giving me?

Comment

evens obv!

Comment

evens obv!
                                                              ill have 20 dolla with you on France -22 tahts 3 poinst better than the bookies?

Comment

PP have it at 21..Go 22.5 so there's no draws

$20 on Stars booked if you agree.

Comment

PP have it at 21..Go 22.5 so there's no draws

$20 on Stars booked if you agree.
                                                                  agreed

Comment

-4 at 10/11 -5 at evens bet 365
                                                                    The three players you mentioned arent starting and knowing Kidney bar Rog getting 20 25 mins the lads might get 3 or 4 mins Ryan deserves to start on form.
                                                                    I know none of them are starting thats why I mentioned them when I was describing the strenght of our bench, agree with you re. Ryan he has been a revelation this year.

Comment

I know none of them are starting thats why I mentioned them when I was describing the strenght of our bench, agree with you re. Ryan he has been a revelation this year.
                                                                      Kidney does not use the bench annoyingly hes stuck in an era with no subs.
                                                                      Tipp bias towards Ryan

Comment

would like to take some of the + side too...

Allez les Azzuri

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                          would like to take some of the + side too...

Allez les Azzuri
                                                                          gtfo ill be cleaned out as per usual.

Comment

So coinfident of an italian collapse ill quit posting forever if i dont win this bet.

Comment

Kidney does not use the bench annoyingly hes stuck in an era with no subs.
                                                                              Tipp bias towards Ryan
                                                                              lol went to same school as Ryan but up to 6 months ago didnt really rate him at all, he's improvement has been pretty impressive.

Comment

lol went to same school as Ryan but up to 6 months ago didnt really rate him at all, he's improvement has been pretty impressive.
                                                                                I made the mistake of saying that I thought he was a nothing player last year to a friend when I lived in Scotland.

Lad almost coughed up a lung, said "He's the only famous person our town's ever produced!".

Was lucky to keep my face intact I reckon...

Comment

France by 1-7 at HT at 13/5 with PP.

Also, PP refunding tryscorer bets if the last score in the game is a penalty.

Going to take a look at the England Scotland game for some free interest.

Comment

fancy the under 2.5 tries in the sco/eng game @ 11/10.are powers putting up a man of the match market on the ireland/wales game?
                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

wales team to face ireland

15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 George North, 10 Rhys Priestland, 9 Mike Phillips, 8 Toby Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton, 6 Ryan Jones, 5 Ian Evans, 4 Bradley Davies, 3 Adam Jones, 2 Huw Bennett, 1 Rhys Gill.
                                                                                      Replacements: 16 Ken Owens, 17 Paul James, 18 Andy Powell, 19 Justin Tipuric, 20 Lloyd Willians, 21 James Hook, 22 Scott Williams.
                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

wales team to face ireland

15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 George North, 10 Rhys Priestland, 9 Mike Phillips, 8 Toby Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton, 6 Ryan Jones, 5 Ian Evans, 4 Bradley Davies, 3 Adam Jones, 2 Huw Bennett, 1 Rhys Gill.
                                                                                        Replacements: 16 Ken Owens, 17 Paul James, 18 Andy Powell, 19 Justin Tipuric, 20 Lloyd Willians, 21 James Hook, 22 Scott Williams.
                                                                                        Strong looking backline.
                                                                                        Front five looks a bit suspect missing Jenkins and the two second rows should let us win it.

Comment

McFadden in at 13 for Earls.

D.Kearney for the bench.

Comment

bets for the day:

5pts scotland to win by less than 12.5 points at just over 2/1 is a great bet tbh. i think the bookies have this one seriously wrong.

2pts lee jones for first tryscorer 19 to 1 looks good to me

2pts fofana for first tryscorer at 14 to 1 in the France game looks great value.

not betting on the french hcap. +19 looks right to me, and could easily be a couple of points either side

Comment

see the under 20s match france/italy called off last night due to freezing conditions.any one know if the STADE DE FRANCE has under soil heating,could make a difference to the out come of this game if they have to use over ground heating blowers or heat lights
                                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                bets for the day:

2pts fofana for first tryscorer at 14 to 1 in the France game looks great value.

not betting on the french hcap. +19 looks right to me, and could easily be a couple of points either side
                                                                                                a bit disappointed as it was a toss up for the centers. so close. handicap was spot on!!!

Comment

On the Scots +3 here.

Comment

Was it just me or were Scotland pure dirt in that match, fuckin ball handling was brutal imo.
                                                                                                    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

kept away from the first two matches,just a few small intrest(degen) fun kinda bets,broke even over all.too much of the unknown for me with the weather conditions in france and new caps in the eng/scot match.fancy ireland to beat the hcp v wales,they were at least 10 points better last year in cardiff,wales smashed them in the wrc but they had a lot of momenten going in to that game and ireland had no plan b.think now if the heineken cup form is anything to go by ireland will have plenty momenten.heard a good interview on the radio with andrew trimble,he was saying at the start of the wrc that the munster lads were slaging each other,as were the leinster lads but there was little cross over banter between both,when they got together this time there was about 5 mins talking rugby and everyone was slagging everyone else and the banter was flying.....kinda shows theres a more unified squad there,hopefully they can transform that on the pitch...ireland by 10...i hope!
                                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

see the under 20s match france/italy called off last night due to freezing conditions.any one know if the STADE DE FRANCE has under soil heating,could make a difference to the out come of this game if they have to use over ground heating blowers or heat lights
                                                                                                        found out that the pitch was covered and lamps were used on parts,no under ground heating apparently,if true could have cost anyone on france -19/20/21 points imo,the ground was frozen solid just inches under the sod,with the just a few inches tearing away.this leads to more reset scrums etc,or less open play...not good for france i would think!
                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

bets for the day.

10 pts Ireland to win by less than 12.5 pts

2 points bowe first tryscorer

Comment

What are ye all thinking about the +10 for the Ireland vs France game?

Comment

best wait and see how ferris gets on with the citing committee today,dont think he'll get a ban tbh,think it would be very harsh.looks like the changes in the french team are directed at a possible threat from the irish line,also got to factor in the weather Conditions over in france.wouldnt touch this till friday

15 Maxime Médard, 14 Vincent Clerc, 13 Aurelien Rougerie, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Julien Malzieu, 10 François Trinh-Duc, 9 Dimitri Yachvili, 8 Louis Picamoles, 7 Imanol Harinordoquy, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (captain), 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Pascal Pape, 3 Nicolas Mas, 2 Dimitri Szarzewski, 1 Jean-Baptiste Poux.
                                                                                                              Replacements: 16 William Servat, 17 Vincent Debaty, 18 Lionel Nallet, 19 Julien Bonnaire, 20 Morgan Parra, 21 Lionel Beauxis, 22 Maxime Mermoz.
                                                                                                              france team v ireland
                                                                                                              Last edited by amberleaf; 08-02-12, 11:37.
                                                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

I think France will easily cover it. Can never bring myself to bet against Ireland though.

Comment

I think France will easily cover it. Can never bring myself to bet against Ireland though.
                                                                                                                  if they stick to this kicking game they're fucked imo,france will have plenty to play back.if ireland target the line out,again france look to have that covered.i can see at this stage ireland keeping it tight,going through a phases.the games on at 8 in the evening and will be played in sub zero temperatures.at this early stage it's hard to call,think they might be better value on other markets in the game
                                                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

9 looks like a very strange place to set this line. I don't really get it.

Comment

Yash out Parra in.

Comment

ROG playing France - 3
                                                                                                                        Sexton playing France -13

Comment

Can we keep the glib stuff in the BBV?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X