Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a creaky floor in the upstairs of our house, and I know that it is because it was badly nailed down, rather than properly screwed down. In theory I could do it myself, but taking up carpet and putting it back properly is my main concern. Is this something that is easier than one would think? Google so far hasn't been a great help to be honest.

Comment

Can confirm. Lipton Ice tea still in the shops down under. I didn't realise is was there ever unavailable. Don't think I've tried it though

Comment

25 mins between duplicate posts is impressive.

Comment

Bought Iced tea is all sugary shite but proper iced tea is a great summer drink

Make a big pot of strong tea, let it go cold with a few lemons and a handful of mint leaves mixed in, stir in enough honey and serve with crushed ice and a hot day.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              Can confirm. Lipton Ice tea still in the shops down under. I didn't realise is was there ever unavailable. Don't think I've tried it though
              Can still get it. Few brands about these days.

I'm after the carbonated cans of the past. Possibly dreamt it all.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                I think it was mentioned before but Godless on Netflix is really really good
                SP put me onto Counterpart last week, cracking show.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Caught up on Survivor ole?

SPOILER
                    That was an immense play at tribal even though it didn't work out.
                    Only caught up today.

SPOILER
                    The double bluff on the immunity would have been savage, was sure Sebastian was for turning. All 3 are marked now, a " drop your buffs" is on the cards id say, 3 smaller groups. Cant believe the girl who went to ghost island didn't gambol !!
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

They have liptons lemon iced tea in wh smith in airport chadley, pull a van up out front in the morning. Bottles though not in cans. See it in cans over in Spain though
                      airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          They have liptons lemon iced tea in wh smith in airport chadley, pull a van up out front in the morning. Bottles though not in cans. See it in cans over in Spain though
                          Yeah bottles widely available all over the country. There was cans when a kid, then nothing til about 8 years ago but the fizzy can never came back.

It's sugary shite the mass produced stuff but I want the fizzy one. Relive me youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            Any appetite for The Masters Golf comp thing this year? Thank post if you'd be keen and il get it rolling.

/Thanks whoore.

This chap runs a nice comp on all the majors, I know a few here play it. €20 job 2x €10 teams, gets around 700/800 teams IIRC, simple but good set up. Basically, he takes PP prices at a set point the week before, you pick 3 golfers whose cumulative price = or > 200/1 lowest score wins, one of your golfers misses cut, you're team is out. Seems to go very smoothly.

Last edited by nicnicnic; 21-03-18, 00:47.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              25 mins between duplicate posts is impressive.
                              Prob a record. Phone was still trying to post 25mins later and I hit refresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                Does the corticosteroid affect hemocrit? Even if it does, UCl would still alerted based on the medical questionaire. Maybe the thinking is that a TUE is a more open approach, which is fair enough. But why are authorities granting unnecessary TUEs.
                                These days EPO can be detected in itself. So he wouldn't be totally in the clear to microdise.
                                It causes a number of unpredictable changes in the behavior of your blood. So yes it can cause a change in your hemocratic level. It could also cause the level to drop. Due to the imbalance in the blood, it means any sample taken is not necessarily reflective of the true level.

A cyclist would not want false or inconsistent readings on his blood passport as these are often used as the baseline when looking at future test results. In addition an abnormal result may make him/her a candidate for what they now call targeted testing.

The testing now available for EPO is not quite so straightforward. With a moderate and well planned out dosing schedule I would say the window for getting caught is actually quite small. Only really during the washout phase would a cyclist be more than slightly likely to test positive for EPO. Hence if you avoid being target tested, and can the plan your phases with likely testing times, you could be confident of getting through a whole season without popping for EPO.

The US postal days are certainly over, but the tolerance levels within the testing allow for a certain degree of doping to go undetected.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Arsetralia imo - they are mad into iced tea down there. 99% sure that's where.

It's actually quite refreshing in a 'this shouldn't be nice but is' kind of way
                                  Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                  Yeah bottles widely available all over the country. There was cans when a kid, then nothing til about 8 years ago but the fizzy can never came back.

It's sugary shite the mass produced stuff but I want the fizzy one. Relive me youth.
                                  They are mad into it in Malta as well. You can get the still or the sparkling in the shops. There are loads of different makes of it now. Liptons were the ones I remember from years ago as well.

Battle of Malta and a few other big games coming up. Think the Unibet in May the first. Get a ticket and come for the iced tea

Comment

I think we can all conclude from this exchange that CHD has led a very sheltered life.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

Think you're imagining it. It's a very common drink in Europe and I used to drink a lot of it in Belgium. I'm back from there 10 years and have never found it here. AFAIK Iced Tea here has always been flat.

Comment

The worst kind of wanker. Ice tea wankers.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          Think you're imagining it. It's a very common drink in Europe and I used to drink a lot of it in Belgium. I'm back from there 10 years and have never found it here. AFAIK Iced Tea here has always been flat.
                                          If it was in the UK in this form, I would guess Ireland was the same

"United Kingdom
                                          Although iced tea is not as widely consumed in the United Kingdom as the rest of Europe, the drink became more popular in the 2000s.[7] Lipton sold their carbonated iced tea, similar to the one sold in Belgium, in the 1990s. Recently,[when?] Lipton has returned to general sale of non-carbonated tea, quickly followed by Nestea and Twinings."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Caught up on Survivor ole?

SPOILER
                                            That was an immense play at tribal even though it didn't work out.
                                            Have been watching myself

SPOILER
                                            That effort at a move class. I just loved that they edited in your man saying that the way he was thinking and controling everything is why he will be a great lawyer. What an utter dick

He literally couldn't string 2 words together. Was such a shame that he didn't read his face when he said it was the protecting the 2 lads before he switched.

So close

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                              A cyclist would not want false or inconsistent readings on his blood passport as these are often used as the baseline when looking at future test results. In addition an abnormal result may make him/her a candidate for what they now call targeted testing.
                                              Understand what you mean. Just feel that reporting it normally covers any abnormality. Not a fan of the unnecessary TUE precedent I guess.

The testing now available for EPO is not quite so straightforward. With a moderate and well planned out dosing schedule I would say the window for getting caught is actually quite small. Only really during the washout phase would a cyclist be more than slightly likely to test positive for EPO. Hence if you avoid being target tested, and can the plan your phases with likely testing times, you could be confident of getting through a whole season without popping for EPO..
                                              Any idea how long the wash out would be?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                Bit of snow in Dublin. Probably nothing compared to 2 weeks ago, but I didn't see any of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYTp...ature=youtu.be
                                                Why are you recording my Aunt's house?

Hope you checked up on her, she's a bit poorly at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                  Why are you recording my Aunt's house?

Hope you checked up on her, she's a bit poorly at the mo.
                                                  Number 90?
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Best give teachers in Texas bombs to go with those guns. Just in case
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

In conjunction with the above, there's no way I can commit to running the Aintree tipping comp.

Would someone like to volunteer to step into my (enormous) shoes? I'll give them the spreadsheet and the required IP.
                                                      I would but I can only really do the weekdays, I have a busy day on the Saturday.

Comment

This whole grocery shopping to go up by 1400, vague article but how will brexit affect the likes of Lidl and aldi? I wouldnt have thought they stock a huge supply of British products.
                                                        Is this hike basically for Tesco mugs?
                                                        Last edited by eamonhonda; 21-03-18, 10:23.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

I had the weirdest dream last night.....

Was going on hols with my friend Caroline. We were on a ferry, I was still packing clothes into my suitcase ( which was still in my bedroom., but yet was on the ferry) you know them dreams.

Had clothes in but just could not squash my dog in was telling him shut up and just be quiet. Stood on the case, the poor dog and all, said dog was a German Weimaraner.

A Weimaraner is a large, silver-gray dog originally bred as a hunting dog known for their affection loyalty, and intelligence.

But the dog wasn't a dog it was :

SPOILER
                                                          RD111 wtf

What a fucking weird dream lol!!!
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                            I would but I can only really do the weekdays, I have a busy day on the Saturday.
                                                            Well if you do that, I'll do the Sat.

Comment

You have to do all the marketing spam though.

Comment

Comment

Presumably the Aldi/Lidl stock that comes from outside the island will face some sort of upward price pressure as well if the cost of transporting through the UK goes up in some sort of destructive tariff/trade conflict.

Even if it's just stupid extra delays at each of Cherborg, Dover and Holyhead then the cost of the end product must go up.

Comment

Ok cool.

Comment

Well that explains her dreaming about you.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                        Number 90?
                                                                        I think so, she only bought it and had it renovated 2 or 3 years years ago. After her daughter died in her old house she couldn't live in it any longer. She's been in pretty poor health since then. My uncle (her brother) lives a few doors away from you on your side of the road.
                                                                        You probably know the family, they're all from a little further down the avenue, across the road from the Good Shepard.

Comment

Very sane genius is having trouble with counsel and council.
                                                                          A well read man.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                            Very sane genius is having trouble with counsel and council.
                                                                            A well read man.
                                                                            Extraordinary decision last night to ignore his briefing notes from the state department, written in bold and all caps, warning him not to congratulate his boss Vlad on his success in murdering his enemies in England.
                                                                            I suppose when the lad you owe north of $5 Billion is on the other end of the phone you don't want to be antagonising him in any way.

Comment

Need some GinWankery help.

Big Boss, MoM, Idfjord, Bluecoat, Poli Marconi, Copperhead, The Duke, Buss 509.

Any recommendations as I've not heard of them?

Or someone just gives me the GOAT Gin that's fine.

Comment

Is gin not finished? Getting a bit boring. Centra will be offering a build your own gin menu with their chicken fillet rolls soon.
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Extraordinary decision last night to ignore his briefing notes from the state department, written in bold and all caps, warning him not to congratulate his boss Vlad on his success in murdering his enemies in England.
                                                                                    I suppose when the lad you owe north of $5 Billion is on the other end of the phone you don't want to be antagonising him in any way.
                                                                                    He's never cared about his creditors before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

Never heard of any of them. Tanqueray is great though.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                        Its going to be some thing really stupid isnt it.
                                                                                        Small cock pic or wigless or something
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                          Sadly not in stock.

Never heard of any of them. Tanqueray is great though.
                                                                                          Either did I, they were in the high end section that I hadn't heard of so will try one anyway, just hoping someone has tried. few more on the shelves I didn't mention.

Picked up some Tanqueray 10 for €20 and Monkey for €31 thus far.

Comment

I think Vlad operates on a slightly different level than his previous creditors, including the NY Mafia from whence he came.

If as is widely speculated Trump is on a deal where could get to walk away from the White House with a clean slate from Vlad that's a very deepstacked game.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                              I was at their launch event in Dublin, as the drink was free and in cocktail form I remember practically nothing after 8pm. Think it was good stuff but the sheer fear put me off gin for at least 48 hours.

Comment

Does font matter at all on a CV?

Comment

I think Vlad operates on a slightly different level than his previous creditors, including the NY Mafia from whence he came.

If as is widely speculated Trump is on a deal where could get to walk away from the White House with a clean slate from Vlad that's a very deepstacked game.
                                                                                                  Sounds like tin foil hat stuff m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                    Does font matter at all on a CV?
                                                                                                    Its very useful in sorting through a big pile of applicants if you don't want to look at all of them.
                                                                                                    Comic sans guy always gets an interview... but never the job

Comment

Trump; a fella who's never given a fuck about creditors before, who has zero shame, has survived everything, any single scandal which would have been the end of anyone else, who as SP just mentioned, never listens to anyone: is Putin's puppet. Right.

Comment

Sounds like tin foil hat stuff m8.
                                                                                                        Yeah, Vlad always gets paid in the end

Comment

Trump; a fella who's never given a fuck about creditors before, who has zero shame, has survived everything, any single scandal which would have been the end of anyone else, who as SP just mentioned, never listens to anyone: is Putin's puppet. Right.
                                                                                                          5 Billion reasons

Comment

I suspect Russia meddled in the Russian elections.

I've said it before Damien Thorn is Donald Trump. Look under the wig , look under the wig.

Comment

Its very useful in sorting through a big pile of applicants if you don't want to look at all of them.
                                                                                                              Comic sans guy always gets an interview... but never the job
                                                                                                              Avoid hiring unlucky people. Throw out half the CVs without looking at them.

Comment

Rain saves the West Indies from possibly not qualifying for the world cup, huge relief for the ICC. A very dodgy lbw decision putting the Windies ahead of the DLS score shortly before the rains came too.

Comment

Anyone here see death of Stalin. Thought ?

I thought it was great. Very much like into the loop in parts.

Comment

One of these guys is lying through their teeth in these interviews

Nix the head of Cambridge Analytica
                                                                                                                    Before he was suspended, Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix spoke exclusively to Newsnight to respond to accusations of a vast Facebook data breach. Newsn...

Aleksandr Kogan the academic who harvested the data
                                                                                                                    Dr Aleksandr Kogan says he has been treated 'unfairly' by Cambridge Analytica and Facebook

The Kogan interview is well worth a listen for anyone with any interest in the story or how the whole scam works.
                                                                                                                    Can't wait to hear how Zuckerburg weasels his way out of taking any responsibility.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 21-03-18, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                      Avoid hiring unlucky people. Throw out half the CVs without looking at them.
                                                                                                                      Gannon style?

Comment

Also one other question that is cv related.

Been in the same place for 7 years with multiple roles.
                                                                                                                        Should i put in any prior jobs to this? None really carry much importance. I'm more focused on current employer and recently finished degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                          Well that explains her dreaming about you.
                                                                                                                          Common problem for the ladies.

Some even have nightmares.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X