Irish Poker Boards
GG Poker May 17
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old Yesterday, 18:13   #10481
PSV58

Am I completely missing something or are this couple genuinely mounting a woe is me campaign in the media over the fact that they spent 8 grand on raffle tickets to win a 20 grand wedding and the company has folded ?
http://www.thejournal.ie/win-our-wed...14030-Jul2017/
PSV58 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 19:19   #10482
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Nice to see John McCain making the effort to leave his multimillion dollar treatment in Mayo Clinic to take away healthcare from 28 million lolpoorpeople.
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 19:59   #10483
Mike Bullocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
Nice to see John McCain making the effort to leave his multimillion dollar treatment in Mayo Clinic to take away healthcare from 28 million lolpoorpeople.
yippee kayai mudderfoooker
Mike Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 20:20   #10484
ghostface
Drunken assault fan

Just back from Rome myself and although not up to the standard of the restaurants mentioned had food in Bernini at Piazza Navona which was really good and in a nice spot
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:53   #10485
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

The DuPlantier doc was a good watch. It is undoubtedly the most fascinating legal case in my history. Baileys innocence likely shorter than 1.01 and it would be great if somehow the entire truth of the scenario came to light.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 21:00   #10486
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
The DuPlantier doc was a good watch. It is undoubtedly the most fascinating legal case in my history. Baileys innocence likely shorter than 1.01 and it would be great if somehow the entire truth of the scenario came to light.
You think he's innocent?

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:01   #10487
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Quote:
Didn't catch the doc obv, but he's innocent? I'd assumed from the way it had been covered over the years that he was 100% guilty but they just couldn't prove it.
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:07   #10488
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

I had a brilliant convo with one of Irelands top defence lawyers about the case a few years back. He could contend nothing other than innocence for Bailey. So many things at play and I would do him a disservice now to try and recap them. Context being, murder in rural cork 20/25 years ago which to that point had only dealt with a broken tail light on a car. Agatha Christie mindset, cops wanting to solve it, committing to a narrative and once that is done never being able to reverse out of it i.e. if they reverse from their POV they are lieing and lose pension entitlements etc... Who did it, he had about 6 possibilities all very plausible. It was so fascinating that I thought it would be a great event for a Q&A in a theatre style setting.
Old Yesterday, 21:11   #10489
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
I had a brilliant convo with one of Irelands top defence lawyers about the case a few years back. He could contend nothing other than innocence for Bailey. So many things at play and I would do him a disservice now to try and recap them. Context being, murder in rural cork 20/25 years ago which to that point had only dealt with a broken tail light on a car. Agatha Christie mindset, cops wanting to solve it, committing to a narrative and once that is done never being able to reverse out of it i.e. if they reverse from their POV they are lieing and lose pension entitlements etc... Who did it, he had about 6 possibilities all very plausible. It was so fascinating that I thought it would be a great event for a Q&A in a theatre style setting.
Fair enough, my own experience from talking to people from the area is different but I would still have an open mind.

What price you laying on guilty

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:26   #10490
Silver-Tiger

I thought the doc was shite but absolutely innocent. No DNA, no evidence. GTFO
Silver-Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:49   #10491
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Paging Kayroo for his brief synopsis on the Bailey case if he is at liberty to provide it?
Old Yesterday, 21:57   #10492
horatio1

I thought he came across as a thoroughly despicable human being. There is definitely no chance that he will ever be brought to court and found guilty but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. His partners defending of his violence towards her was very sad to watch.

I would have liked to see more explanation from the eye witness as to why she gave a false statement in the first place. It was on the radio today that RTÉ had possession of an internal Garda review that stated her evidence wasn't credible which predated her retraction by 3 years and his libel case against newspapers by a year.

It certainly seems a case of the Gardaí had decided he did it and would do anything to get him even going so far as to give witnesses lifts to the libel case. All very strange.

Last edited by horatio1; Yesterday at 22:00.
horatio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:35   #10493
Jibzzzz

Any IPBers about? Gunpowder > Monkey
Old Yesterday, 22:41   #10494
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibzzzz View Post
Any IPBers about? Gunpowder > Monkey
Gunpowder is little better than average, imo. It is typical of many new hip gins, I find it a little course and lacks the smoothness of the highest quality gins. I think they have done a fine job with their marketing. Of course I am not suggesting that it is a bad gin, just not as good as the hype would have you believe.
Old Yesterday, 22:43   #10495
Trippie

Yet another shameless brag, I don't know how many this now but it's a lot. (this also may just be normal for normal folk). Anyway I was contacted by one the best rugby clubs in germany the other day on a recommendation of someone I have never met nor ever spoken to. I don't know how or why I was recommended for the role but it after some back and forth conversations has turned into a role which pays about 3 times what I was on, has a shit tonne more expenses paid and from what I gather an open door into tier 2 national team work.

I really am the luckiest person around and I've no idea why
Trippie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 22:52   #10496
Trippie

Quote:
Gunpowder is little better than average, imo. It is typical of many new hip gins, I find it a little course and lacks the smoothness of the highest quality gins. I think they have done a fine job with their marketing. Of course I am not suggesting that it is a bad gin, just not as good as the hype would have you believe.

I was recently in the azores. I travel a lot and generally say if you like this or that you should visit here, but the azores is different, it should be the most important stop for everyone's next trip. Truly an incredible place. It has incredible beaches, coastlines, jungles, culture, cheapness and scenery. However i bought two bottles of gin at the airport. First one is a volcanic rock based gin. It's fucking awful, the ashy taste doesnt go well with anything. It's a struggle to choke down. it's not all bad though. they have a few local producers but all struggle to make anything of any quality, much like gunpowder, never been impressed by it.

They do have one gin company there called goshawk which is a local bird, they produce a tangerine flavoured gin which is to die for. incredible drink

Last edited by Trippie; Yesterday at 23:06.
Trippie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old Today, 00:00   #10497
Jibzzzz

Quote:
I drank gunpowder tonight, then ran out, I had monkey, gunpowder was superior. I'm.currenrly fucked of a Tuesday, judgement clouded, be grand. Jetlag etc
Old Today, 00:09   #10498
mocata

Whats best route from Ireland to Azores? Separate flight to Portugal then onwards?

Fab meal this evening in Osteria Lucio before Brian Wilson concert, Quattro formaggio pizza and the Ragu were a little piece of Rome, washed down with a lush Nebbiolo
Old Today, 02:16   #10499
Lord Sir Banter
Bantersaurus Rex m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
Yeah. That doesn't make any difference to anything except the old €0.20 price has changed to about €6.00 now, so ~30 times the price, to compensate for having 30 times less shares. The value of the company post brexit was €5.5bn, now it's €7.5bn, ergo people have made about a 40% gain on their investment.
It sounds worth a pop at 20c a go, but 6 quid seems a bit steep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
Car park golf, thought that was only me.
What is this?

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $
Lord Sir Banter is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker