PAir shy of bubble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAir shy of bubble

Irish open day 2. 167 paid min of €2100. Just got moved to new table with 190 players left. Have 30bb. Mid table player raises to 2.25bb. I have 88 in bb. Options as don’t know anyone at table?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call

Comment

You need to give consideration to some other elements here that are missing in the hand description. What was your opponents stack size? Were you the effective stack? These are very important as you have a tricky stack size to navigate and your close enough to the bubble.

Comment

Pretty much always a call though isn't it? Unless he is very short.

Comment

... I'd nearly always be calling here, may even try squeeze a raise in... 23 players from the bubble is very far away, so gotta play normal(maybe a little tighter) poker ...30bb is not gonna last surely??...

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
            Must be always a call, maybe jam <10bbs effective but otherwise it seems like a standard call.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
              Thought we were much closer to the bubble and wanted to ask if opp was opening with a 10-20bb stack or something along those lines. Yeah a call looks fine. 2.25/30 = 8%.
              Last edited by Irisheman; 27-03-18, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                Thought we were much closer to the bubble and wanted to ask if opp was opening with a 10-20bb stack or something along those lines. Yeah a call looks fine. 2.25/30 = 8%.

Opponent had around 50-60bb as just doubled up with AK when I got to table. I felt call was better than reraise so called. Flop came 2c,3c,Kh. I checked, he bet 2.25bb. Options?

Comment

Originally posted by aubrey.murnaghan View Post
                  Opponent had around 50-60bb as just doubled up with AK when I got to table. I felt call was better than reraise so called. Flop came 2c,3c,Kh. I checked, he bet 2.25bb. Options?

Throw up the whole hand together. At this stage, check call flop. 88 is ahead of a chunk of their c-bet range here. You achieve nothing with c/r and c/f is too weak, you're getting 4-1 on a call so seems fine to call and reevaluate.

I just ran some quick numbers. Assuming they open approx 15% you'll have approx 40% vs that range with 88 on this board so given the price, it's almost certainly a call.
                  Last edited by Guest; 28-03-18, 20:59.

Comment

Cant see anything other than a check call here with a plan to evaluate the turn based on opps next action.

Preflop also looks fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                      Cant see anything other than a check call here with a plan to evaluate the turn based on opps next action.

Preflop also looks fine.

Cheers. Felt I played it fine but wasn’t sure if any other options on any street. Called flop. Turn was 9h. Checked again. Opponent bet 2.25bb again so was forced to fold at this point.
                      Talking to him afterwards he said he had 77, so his turn bet was puzzling .
                      Just putting my mind at ease

Comment

Cheers. Felt I played it fine but wasn’t sure if any other options on any street. Called flop. Turn was 9h. Checked again. Opponent bet 2.25bb again so was forced to fold at this point.
                        Talking to him afterwards he said he had 77, so his turn bet was puzzling .
                        Just putting my mind at ease

It may be puzzling but it's a snap call again. You need 15% equity vs this opponent to make a call on turn break even.
                        A nine doesn't smash a whole lot of his range. If we make the same assumptions that villain opens 15% as before and you 40% vs that range, you now have 43% vs that range and you only need 15% to make the call break even.
                        You can probably make the argument for villain only double barreling a range more weighted towards value hands which is fair enough but it still wouldn't be a strong enough argument to justify a fold on the turn

Comment

Working...
                        X