Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Toronto to San Diego in a week that included 2 days in Vegas. That was fairly hectic.

Comment

Not in the ballpark distance-wise, but my worst ever journey was from Bundoran to Kilkee on a 250cc Suzuki Bandit. Literally fell asleep at one point, and was woken up after momentarily becoming airborne on a humped back bridge.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Did San Francisco, CA to Portland, OR in one go many moons ago, that was pretty tough.

About twelve years ago my Dad, brother and I drove from Chicago to Los Angeles by way of North Dakota, Yellowstone, Reno and the Pacific Coast Highway; hell of a journey but we took four nights I think so was actually quite enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Those road trips all sound like a dream compared to 3 kids in the back on the road to Roscommon

Strange to think there are people who enjoy driving.
          If it was possible I would happily drive from Dublin to Sydney.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Shoot on sight policy now, you seem like a prime target for that down there, wandering back from the pub
            fuck that, just drive. Nearest cop is 50ks away

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
              That Cavan attack is a new low, abhorrent thuggery. My wife is from that area and I am constantly amazed at the widespread veneration of the Quinns around there.
              Family who made a lot of money in border area while troubled were going on in IRA connections shocker tbf

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                Did San Francisco, CA to Portland, OR in one go many moons ago, that was pretty tough.

About twelve years ago my Dad, brother and I drove from Chicago to Los Angeles by way of North Dakota, Yellowstone, Reno and the Pacific Coast Highway; hell of a journey but we took four nights I think so was actually quite enjoyable.
                It really is enjoyable as an irishman I think, the sense of scale and wonder and endless landscapes compared to what we are used to. Always reminded of that heaney poem comparing the bog to the open plains

Comment

anyone got a line on a menswear place in Ireland where the salespeople have
                  A. Basic knowledge of how clothes are supposed to fit
                  B. Basic knowledge of fabrics and how they wear over time
                  C. Someone capable of melding both of the above together to sell you something you’ll still be happy with a few months down the line.
                  Don’t mention Louis Copeland’s either, Money grubbing shysters

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    anyone got a line on a menswear place in Ireland where the salespeople have
                    A. Basic knowledge of how clothes are supposed to fit
                    B. Basic knowledge of fabrics and how they wear over time
                    C. Someone capable of melding both of the above together to sell you something you’ll still be happy with a few months down the line.
                    Don’t mention Louis Copeland’s either, Money grubbing shysters
                    Richie Whelan Naas
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

En route to the airport in Rio to bring a 5 week holiday to a close - hit up various spots in Chile, Argentina and Brazil. Going back to reality is gonna be tough!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        En route to the airport in Rio to bring a 5 week holiday to a close - hit up various spots in Chile, Argentina and Brazil. Going back to reality is gonna be tough!
                        Sounds great! What was the best experience?

Comment

What part of Brazil did you visit? I'm heading over for 17 days next year and will be in São Paulo during Carnival. Can't wait!

Comment

Been saving up my Avios for flights to Chile next year. Would love a trip Report
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Flying china airlines to Japan through Taipei, computers down for check-in, hand written boarding passes, no facial recognition scans , airport is absolute bedlam.

There has to be a study done examining length of travel vs method, 5 hour train ride for me is better than hour flight when you take into account time spent waiting, landing outside city centre, security comfort etc.

Would love to see proper stats on what the tipping point for people is

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                Been saving up my Avios for flights to Chile next year. Would love a trip Report
                                don't miss out going for a swim in the biggest pool in the world!

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

As a kid, when we lived in Australia, we went on a road trip with my father and my brother (mother and sister weren't up for it and flew straight there). We drove from Melbourne to Alice springs via port augusta and coober peedy, to go and visit ayers rock etc. it took 3 days. we'd each brought along 5 or 6 music tapes of our music and took it in turn to play one of them. it was amazing, and we had such an incredible time. We then took a sleeper train from there to cairns (2 days) and then on to hamilton island on the barrier reef. definitely one of the most memorable trips/holidays i ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    As a kid, when we lived in Australia, we went on a road trip with my father and my brother (mother and sister weren't up for it and flew straight there). We drove from Melbourne to Alice springs via port augusta and coober peedy, to go and visit ayers rock etc. it took 3 days. we'd each brought along 5 or 6 music tapes of our music and took it in turn to play one of them. it was amazing, and we had such an incredible time. We then took a sleeper train from there to cairns (2 days) and then on to hamilton island on the barrier reef. definitely one of the most memorable trips/holidays i ever had.
                                    You got a train from Alice Springs to Cairns

I think your memory is scrambled! Or did you mean Melbourne to Cairns...

Comment

You got a train from Alice Springs to Cairns

I think your memory is scrambled! Or did you mean Melbourne to Cairns...

couldn't remember exactly where we got on the train, so it's very possible we drove to mount isa, then took it from there. all i know is the station was in the middle of nowhere!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                        couldn't remember exactly where we got on the train, so it's very possible we drove to mount isa, then took it from there. all i know is the station was in the middle of nowhere!
                                        fuck, that is some drive. Like:

Comment

This is very Australian:

The road is very rough--only try driving it in a 2wd car, if you're planning to buy a new car

Comment

This is very Australian:

we definitely did a lot of miles on dirt roads. dust was everywhere!!, but the scenery and dunes were unforgettable

Comment

My worst drive ever was also in OZ - Exmouth to Perth straight, think it was around 13.5 hours of driving while my then girlfriend sat beisde me snoring her head off for most of it, we broke up fairly soon after that

Slightly worse in terms of being scared shitless was the trip up the west coast as a diversion to see a stupid blow hole (at the suggestion of said ex girlfriend) resulted in us not making it to Monkey Mia before the sun set.

The rental car we were in had a strict condition on the insurnace that we weren't covered to drive at night. We had two options, pull into the side of the road and sleep there for the night or risk it. We risked it and it was horrendous.

The amount of animals, roo's, cows, etc either wandering across the road or just sitting in the middle of it was off the chart. You've also to bear in mind that there was no roadside lights and no other gobshites stupid enough to drive at night on the road so apart from our car headlights, it was pitch dark.

Trying to focus on the road and also keep an eye out for roo's that were coming across the front of your car from behind you at a 45 degree angle was exhausting. What should have taken about an hour in daylight took about four in the dark.

Comment

Thinking of moving out of town

Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                  It's built on a golf course and those Radiators wouldn't heat shite. Pass

Comment

Today's bread....to-fucking-day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                      My worst drive ever was also in OZ - Exmouth to Perth straight, think it was around 13.5 hours of driving while my then girlfriend sat beisde me snoring her head off for most of it, we broke up fairly soon after that

Slightly worse in terms of being scared shitless was the trip up the west coast as a diversion to see a stupid blow hole (at the suggestion of said ex girlfriend) resulted in us not making it to Monkey Mia before the sun set.

The rental car we were in had a strict condition on the insurnace that we weren't covered to drive at night. We had two options, pull into the side of the road and sleep there for the night or risk it. We risked it and it was horrendous.

The amount of animals, roo's, cows, etc either wandering across the road or just sitting in the middle of it was off the chart. You've also to bear in mind that there was no roadside lights and no other gobshites stupid enough to drive at night on the road so apart from our car headlights, it was pitch dark.

Trying to focus on the road and also keep an eye out for roo's that were coming across the front of your car from behind you at a 45 degree angle was exhausting. What should have taken about an hour in daylight took about four in the dark.
                                                      Tasmania is insane for roadkill, even within Hobart itself.
                                                      Wallabies, possums, snakes, devils just splattered all over the road every morning. Until the scavengers come along and eat them.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                        It's built on a golf course and those Radiators wouldn't heat shite. Pass
                                                        Yeah couldn't believe the rads, awful. But still think it's a stunning house
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Tasmania is insane for roadkill, even within Hobart itself.
                                                          Wallabies, possums, snakes, devils just splattered all over the road every morning. Until the scavengers come along and eat them.
                                                          Somebody told me the best thing about Tssmania was no aboriginal people.

Comment

Wouldn't have had Justin Trudeau down as likely to get embroiled in a blackface controversy. Seems it was harder to find a picture of him in white face pre 2002 going by what's being released today
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                              Yeah couldn't believe the rads, awful. But still think it's a stunning house
                                                              I'd be in the total opposite camp.

I think it's horrendous, full on Celtic Tiger more money than sense and taste combined, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

SPOILER

Very nice, you need to show it sliced too. Do you freeze some of it?.

Comment

Brother in Laws family home on the market.....any guesses on price as im curious...

Comment

Weird spot for a treadmill. Nice that there's a few extra gaffs thrown in at the back.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      [/SPOILER]

don't get sucked in

and if you do, I warned you

Comment

Brother in Laws family home on the market.....any guesses on price as im curious...

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-fo...ublin-2263254/
                                                                        7 bedrooms
                                                                        11 bathrooms

Comment

I know most of you won't care but Lord Pannick's reply in the UK Supreme Court right now is one of the finest legal arguments I've heard. He's absolutely superb.
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            I know most of you won't care but Lord Pannick's reply in the UK Supreme Court right now is one of the finest legal arguments I've heard. He's absolutely superb.
                                                                            "Pannick?"

"No, I'm perfectly calm. Superb actually."

Comment

7 bedrooms
                                                                              11 bathrooms
                                                                              Its a very weird concoction, the whole place.

I have a vague memory of being in that house a long time ago. If I'm remembering it right it was a working but very old world farmyard right up to the back door of the house.

Comment

"Pannick?"

"No, I'm perfectly calm. Superb actually."
                                                                                I saw a comment that once he started talking it was a bad day for nominative determinism

Comment

don't get sucked in

Definitely up to something. Probably going on retreats soon like that clever fella

Comment

That’s some spot
                                                                                    Bout 2 million or so

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                      John Major's written intervention was excellent too
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

[/SPOILER]

One of my sisters and her husband are coming over for dinner later, so we'll probably get through most of it. Normally though I'd get through a loaf in 3 days solo

Comment

don't get sucked in

You're a very suspicious lot! I'm just trying to fill the gap in the market Hitches hiatus has left for nonsense opinions.

Comment

You're a very suspicious lot! I'm just trying to fill the gap in the market Hitches hiatus has left for nonsense opinions.
                                                                                            We're onto you Mr Collie.

You're a devious deviant passing himself off as Mary Berry. Something is afoot.

Comment

[/SPOILER]

And yes, I haven't got 3 matching side plates or wine glasses

Comment

Fucking hell, that's just completely ripping the piss now.

Comment

Find Youtubers detestable personalities but still, MBN.

Over the past four years, the twins have paid themselves a total €6.7 million.

Comment

The Tabasco your referring to you mean?

Comment

That's a fierce fancy table setting of a Thursday night!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                        That's a fierce fancy table setting of a Thursday night!
                                                                                                        Are the napkins too much?

Comment

No way. Can never have enough napkins. Helps set the scene too. Whats for dinner?

Comment

No way. Can never have enough napkins. Helps set the scene too. Whats for dinner?
                                                                                                            Steak and homegrown chips

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                              That’s some spot
                                                                                                              Bout 2 million or so
                                                                                                              Id have thought double that.

Then again could be on the market for next 5 years too.

Mrs would love to get her hands on it...65 acres, slap a half dozen stables on it...only 15 mins from where we are anyway
                                                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 19-09-19, 16:41.

Comment

Id have thought double that.

Then again could be on the market for next 5 years too.

Mrs would love to get her hands on it...65 acres, slap a half dozen stables on it...only 15 mins from where we are anyway
                                                                                                                At least u could redo the 11 bathrooms in your own stuff lol

Comment

I was wondering who the two people were coming around for the bread party. As in, I definitely spent too much time wondering about it for someone who knows nothing about your life and who you know.

Comment

where's the rat?
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Bread porn

Comment

Bread is bad for you.
                                                                                                                        Did Icky teach ye nothing?
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Why has a house like that got two small kitchens?

Amazing property but Jesus the interior seems really badly designed. I'd keep the herringbone floor and gut the rest I think.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X