Clothes make the man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna pick up these bad boys, mm.

Next project, completely vegan tailored suit. No horn, mother of pearl, wool, silk.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
      Wouldn't have happened in Boylans!
      Ordered another pair of Barkers off Pediwear. I like to commit properly to my mistakes.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Robinsons Shoes seem to list the same prices as Pediwear and I've never had a problem with them. They also throw in a free pair of funky socks that I'll never wear.

I paid my first visit to Louis Copeland at the weekend. Enjoyable experience, John the person looking after me was top class. As were Louis's contributions:

Walks by, "Try Blue".
        A lap of the shop later, gives an approving nod.
        Another lap, looks at the price tag, "Beautiful suit".

Couldn't quite pull the trigger on a Canali (would no where near get the use/value out of it) and to his credit John, despite the glint in their eyes, did push me away from it (skin a sheep etc etc ). I can always go back when we scoop.

Comment

Us culchies have to google some all of those names

Comment

...seen this on groupon and thought of you suit lovers...
            ...Liam...

Comment

Ah those suits would be nowhere near worth what their original price was, they'd be cheapo suits.

How much are ye looking at for a nice bespoke suit or does it vary too much to say? I wont be using wool, silk etc so they'll have to be quite good with suggestions, down to the buttons.

Comment

Going to a black tie wedding (rumour is the bride wants this to ensure the photos look better than otherwise, which is a bit of a pisser considering the extra expense to one-and-all!), don't have a tux and don't foresee the need for it in the future. Will this look OK? Am well aware I'm asking experts their opinion on a bargain-bucket tux

Welcome to the M&S website. Shop clothing, home, furniture, beauty, food, wine, flowers & gifts. Buy now for free delivery, store collections and returns.

Comment

As above Instore code 7950988 or online MAY20PARTNER Valid from 29th May - 2nd June I can email voucher if anyone want to print it off send me a pm

20% off code for M&S also.

Dunno if still active

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057218798

20% off code for M&S also.

Dunno if still active
                    Sweet! Will grab a nice shirt and bow tie while I'm at it No idea how to tie a bow though...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                      Sweet! Will grab a nice shirt and bow tie while I'm at it No idea how to tie a bow though...
                      It's a life skill every man should have, given self tie looks so much better, there are some great videos on youtube, I'll find the one I used later if you're stuck.
                      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Recommend me a good site to purchase a man-bag please. Leather obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Comment

This is tricky. GAB was looking into it before but I don't know if he pulled the trigger or if hurting his back taking the money out of his hip pocket left him injured and unable to carry a man bag...

A lot of the leather used in man bags is shite and needs to be physically inspected to ensure quality. They all look good on the web but even most B&M shops I go into and the higher end brands aren't made from premium leather or built to really last. Which is fine if you're likely to lose it or not look after it but if you want something that's for the longer term I think you need to see it before hand. I hit the premium leather place in Krakow at the weekend there and it was only mediocre stuff and poor designs (and not particularly cheap).

If you were going to be in Lisbon you could pick up some great quality stuff very reasonably or even get something made to order. London obviously has a great range of choice but it's pricier.

Simon Crompton has a blog post which might help.

I'm going to buy a saddleback before the end of the year but it's a personal preference. The quality is unreal and dappered have been roadtesting one of their bags for 3 years now and it still looks fantastic.

As for B&M options in Dublin.

The coach stuff in Arnotts looks good but is pretty pricey and the leather guy near the SE has nice stuff but a limited range. There's also a leather place on Harcourt street worth checking out but nothing there floated my boat.

Here's the one I'm going to get....

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

trigger pulling time

Comment

TylerD we've got our custom belt options at last!

I'll definitely be ordering one.....
                                +1 for Worcestershire leather.

Bought two, Hanbury Bridle, and Cropthorne West End both with the nickel buckles. Top class service; emails about the belts, expedited delivery, hand written note in the presentation box, and top quality product. First time I've ever come across a leather belt that has the same quality/stitching/smell as a bridle, no doubt it's proper leather!

Most expensive belts I've ever bought* but they look like they'll turn out to be the cheapest.

*still fairly reasonable

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  +1 for Worcestershire leather.

Bought two, Hanbury Bridle, and Cropthorne West End both with the nickel buckles. Top class service; emails about the belts, expedited delivery, hand written note in the presentation box, and top quality product. First time I've ever come across a leather belt that has the same quality/stitching/smell as a bridle, no doubt it's proper leather!

Most expensive belts I've ever bought* but they look like they'll turn out to be the cheapest.

*still fairly reasonable

Nice one Denny. Any chance of a few pics?
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Nice one Denny. Any chance of a few pics?
                                    Just phone pics so not great

SPOILER

The brown is Newmarket Tan, I'd probably for conker if I was ordering another one.
                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-07-14, 13:11.

Comment

Tailorsmark.co.uk are doing a 50% off promotion on their MTM shirts this weekend. Just enter the discount code TAKE50 at the end. Also applies to gift card purchases.

Comment

Tailorsmark.co.uk are doing a 50% off promotion on their MTM shirts this weekend. Just enter the discount code TAKE50 at the end. Also applies to gift card purchases.
                                        Do you know if this is still valid V?

Comment

Do you know if this is still valid V?
                                          No that weekend only. We bought 4.

It'll be on again in about 3 months.

Comment

No that weekend only. We bought 4.

It'll be on again in about 3 months.
                                            Gah! Was hunting for that for months.

Comment

Gah! Was hunting for that for months.
                                              You got 3 weeks in France. My heart bleeds for you.

Comment

Genius (in powerscourt chopping centre) have a good sale going at the minute. In particular if you're looking for a quality leather jacket or some high end jeans I recommend them.

€160 for this one is tempting....

By the way has anyone else any summer sales recommendations?

I wasn't terrible impressed by BT. They did have some very high end business coats at a decent price but I couldn't justify it.

I got two suits recently from James Herren (one on sale and one new stock suit discounted for a frequent flyer). Also got a few Gant trousers in Dundrum recently which were relatively good value.

Anyone got any tips??

Comment

That leather jacket is one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Meh I wanna be a biker....

Comment

Madness! V, rush over there now and purchase.

Comment

Madness! V, rush over there now and purchase.
                                                        Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        If only you could thank a post twice
                                                        Fuck the pair of ye!

Everyone's a critic. No sign of anything constructive from ye in this thread in a long time. In particular GAB, at least RDIII did have an online shoe purchasing post. I don't like Tar's jumpers above but at least he's got a view and isn't restricting himself to sniping from the cheap seats.

Comment

www.thread.com has a free "personal" stylist setup where you answer a boatload of questions and go through a couple of outfits saying what you like and what you don't.

My housemate got some benefit from it.

I thought it was utter wank.

Perhaps useful for those who are more into their hipstering I think.

Comment

They come with an age restriction V

Ok you can question me buying this

Emmet /r/malefashionadvice is all one ever needs
                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-07-14, 13:21.

Comment

Tar making me feel like/confirming I dress like an old man.

Comment

I recommend this work jacket de jour to anybody, looks the same as the day I bought it.

Comment

What was the first guy's crime?

Comment

Those work jackets have jumped the shark these days. Look far better bigger rather than fitted like the models there.

Comment

Fuck the pair of ye!

Everyone's a critic. No sign of anything constructive from ye in this thread in a long time. In particular GAB, at least RDIII did have an online shoe purchasing post. I don't like Tar's jumpers above but at least he's got a view and isn't restricting himself to sniping from the cheap seats.
                                                                      I have nothing constructive to add on this subject. Since this thread has been up however my wardrobe has vastly improved so ty for that.

Comment

On the subject of leather jackets, I have one from All Saints that is too big for me now. It was too expensive to leave sitting in my wardrobe so does anyone know where I could get it tailored in town? I assume it's possible?

Comment

Those work jackets have jumped the shark these days. Look far better bigger rather than fitted like the models there.
                                                                          those jackets look too small for the models anyway
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Not sure how it is considered too small, the lengths are perfect?

The first fit made that company the biggest selling jacket of the year in the US and won fit of the year on /r/malefashionadvice
                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-07-14, 16:56.

Comment

This guy went shopping at the ulaan baatar black market. opan mongol style.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                Not sure how it is considered too small, the lengths are perfect?

The first fit made that company the biggest selling jacket of the year in the US and won fit of the year on /r/malefashionadvice
                                                                                Americans and Reddit, two great bastions of fashion.

Comment

50% of all Tailors Mark orders placed before midnight on Sunday. Code is AUG50.

Comment

.
                                                                                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 08-08-14, 09:38. Reason: NewApproach is all over it.

Comment

Ordered three shirts^^^. Expecting extreme awesomeness.

Comment

Some nice sales atm online.

40 euro off shorts:

43 off jacket (its 17e now lols)

I wanted to get these to do a remake of the LMFAO video at halloween, alas sold out

Also buying jeans/trousers in the Netherlands sucked ass, when so often the smallest leg length is 34
                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 20-08-14, 22:35.

Comment

Those shoes are horrific.
                                                                                          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Sounds like they would work for the costume so

Buy now http://glnk.it/6tMusic video by LMFAO performing Party Rock Anthem featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock. (c) 2011 Interscope#VEVOCertified on July 1...

Comment

Looking for recommendations for:
                                                                                              Umbrellas (that don't blow inside out at the first gust of wind and are not supersized golf yokes. I seem to buy at least 2 p.a.)
                                                                                              A lightweight outer coat, mainly to go over suits but ideally flexible enough to wear casually. Already have a Bugatti jacket but it's too heavy for commuting purposes.
                                                                                              A site that sells decent silk ties. Continually disappointed by the shop offerings here.

ty ty ty dapper ones.

Comment

Looking for recommendations for:
                                                                                                Umbrellas (that don't blow inside out at the first gust of wind and are not supersized golf yokes. I seem to buy at least 2 p.a.)
                                                                                                A lightweight outer coat, mainly to go over suits but ideally flexible enough to wear casually. Already have a Bugatti jacket but it's too heavy for commuting purposes.
                                                                                                A site that sells decent silk ties. Continually disappointed by the shop offerings here.

ty ty ty dapper ones.
                                                                                                I see you got sorted on the umbrella. Good investment.

Try Drakes of London for the ties. BT sell them. ~110 for a tie. I also have a nice Charvat tie that I'm fond of. As for web links try the permanent style blog for websites.
                                                                                                There are some custom options too if you're interested.

I have a full length Bugatti that I remove the lining on for mild wet days. There is a store in town selling Macintosh coats which might also be worth a look.

Hard to get something lightweight that works with a suit and is casual.
                                                                                                Last edited by V for Vendetta; 19-09-14, 07:07.

Comment

I see you got sorted on the umbrella. Good investment.

Try Drakes of London for the ties. BT sell them. ~110 for a tie. I also have a nice Charvat tie that I'm fond of. As for web links try the permanent style blog for websites.
                                                                                                  There are some custom options too if you're interested.

I have a full length Bugatti that I remove the lining on for mild wet days. There is a store in town selling Macintosh coats which might also be worth a look.

Hard to get something lightweight that works with a suit and is casual.
                                                                                                  ty. Looking at Strellson in Arnotts for coats tomorrow and would then buy online at dressforless.ie - half price sale ending tomorrow and 10% further off. Should get a 300 coat for ~140.

Tailors Mark shirts eventually landed. Nice quality - only faults were my own (not measuring arms properly and somehow ordering a double French cuff on one ). Not convinced that the RRP of 120 is good value but will very happily snap up offers as they come out. Thanks.

Ties at 110. Probably OTT for me given I am rarely customer-facing.

Comment

I would previously have agreed spending that much on ties was too much but having one or two quality ones plus a few decent regular ones is a good balance imo.

Agree on the shirts. Snap call at a 50% discount but not worth full price. Go Smyth and Gibson if you want to spend 150.

Comment

ty. Looking at Strellson in Arnotts for coats tomorrow and would then buy online at dressforless.ie - half price sale ending tomorrow and 10% further off. Should get a 300 coat for ~140.
                                                                                                      ordered a trenchcoat and a jacket - 248 incl. delivery.

~550 in Arnotts

funking the non-scammage now

sale runs until midnight if anyone interested.

Comment

ordered a trenchcoat and a jacket - 248 incl. delivery.

~550 in Arnotts

funking the non-scammage now

sale runs until midnight if anyone interested.
                                                                                                        Got the package today, confirmed non-scammage

Certainly a site worth using again imo - obviously you would want to be very confident in your measurements (I just snuck around Arnotts surreptitiously trying on the stuff I wanted and then ordered online for 60% less).

Comment

Picked up some Allen Edmond's while I was away

SPOILER

• Purchase enough quality shoes such that you won't be wearing the same pair every day. Start off by purchasing at least 3 pairs imo if you work in a formal office.
                                                                                                          I think I'm done for the moment!

Comment

Need a good coat.

Got drowned this morning. Ski jackets or what? Never bought one.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              Picked up some Allen Edmond's while I was away

SPOILER

I think I'm done for the moment!
                                                                                                              Nice. Very nice Denny. I'd be interested to hear a review on the Allen Edmonds in 6 months time to see how they are going for you.

Comment

gimme

• Mid-weight 380-gram fabric • Completely waterproof • Straight unisex fit • Knee-length • Snap metal button closures • Drawstring hood • Open welt pockets • Double welded seams • Under-arm eyelets for ventilation • +20 000 mm water column pressure • Designed in Stockholm • Made in Europe

Comment

You'll need to grow your beard.
                                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                    The first time I haven't had it in aged was when you met me, literally just shaved it, people laughed, they were mean
                                                                                                                    Now I have to give up my bearded lady gig too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                      Tommy Booooowwwwweeeeee
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What shoes do you guys like from here?
                                                                                                                        Vegan shoes, boots, clothing & accessories ethically made in Europe since 2012. 365 days free returns & exchanges. Make a Positive Choice.

Buying these now anyway but will get something more formal at some point:
                                                                                                                        Vegan shoes, boots, clothing & accessories ethically made in Europe since 2012. 365 days free returns & exchanges. Make a Positive Choice.

Comment

Up to 75% shirt sale.

Quality clothing at affordable prices. Shop men's formal shirts, casual shirts, tailored suits, nightwear, accessories and womenswear from Savile Row. Rated Excellent on Trustpilot. Free UK delivery on orders over £80.
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X