Blue Screen Crashes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Screen Crashes!

I'm getting blue screen crashes on my 4 year old dell xps laptop every few hours for the past 3 days.. Any idea why this is happening? Is my beloved laptop about to die for ever?

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
    I'm getting blue screen crashes on my 4 year old dell xps laptop every few hours for the past 3 days.. Any idea why this is happening? Is my beloved laptop about to die for ever?
    Happened to GFs laptop the other day but was a piece of malware and its fine now after putting the anti-virus back on.

Happened my old desktop cost me 3 hard drives, faulty mobo was fucking them up, so lets hope its not that.

There should be a code I believe, down the bottom when it appears, google the code and should give an idea what is wrong!

Comment

Happened me for the first time the other night aswell. Dell aswell !
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

it owes you nothing, worst case senario you buy a better laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
          it owes you nothing, worst case senario you buy a better laptop.
          ^^^^^^^^^ This

75%+ of the time your hard drive is cooked.

If you are lucky it may just be some settings in the BIOS that have gotten corrupt, but most people would need teckkie assistance to fix it.
          One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

I bought an external HD today and backed up all my files.. Going to continue using this laptop until it becomes unusable. I have a desktop in my possession as well which I can use once laptop finally dies. For some reason I think the blue screen error is related to when I run a self executing excel spreadsheet that I download daily.

I will also pick up a cheap laptop for internet usage/streaming . However not sure If I could ever go back to less than a 1900*1200 resolution but I don't really want to spend more than €500.

Comment

I bought an external HD today and backed up all my files.. Going to continue using this laptop until it becomes unusable. I have a desktop in my possession as well which I can use once laptop finally dies. For some reason I think the blue screen error is related to when I run a self executing excel spreadsheet that I download daily.

I will also pick up a cheap laptop for internet usage/streaming . However not sure If I could ever go back to less than a 1900*1200 resolution but I don't really want to spend more than €500.
              You should go on adverts a while back I bought a Dell Latitude with a full 3 years extended warranty fresh install of Windows 7, pretty much unused business laptop for 220e can't beat it.

Bought my sis a Macbook a while ago a little old maybe 4 years but again super condition 250e

Comment

BSOD can be caused by something as simple as a driver conflict, it could be hardware related or even malware that's triggering the error.

First port of call, what's the error code?

Text is preferable to an image

There's a lot of misinformation on this thread.

We're exceptionally well protected by consumer law in Ireland, extended warranties are a total scam (unless you're buying a cheap appliance) and even manufacture warranties don't count for jack, goods sold by Irish retailers must be fit for purpose and of reasonable durability under our consumer law.

Now if you were arguing your case over a 2 year old toaster, you'd be laughed at obviously but when buying electrical goods and you're spending a sizeable amount of money, it's a totally different ball game.

I'm guessing by the supported screen resolution it was a high end Dell for the time, in which case if it is indeed faulty, you'd have a very good case in small claims for a repair to be carried out at the very least, if you ring Dell and insist on the repair, they will try to make you pay first, just quote Irish consumer law and mention small claims court and see how they change their tune.

With all that said. there's no firm evidence to suggest the BSOD you're experiencing is in anyway related to a manufacturing fault, which would have to be the case to contact Dell for a free repair.

People have ridiculously low expectations of computer hardware these days and everyone assumes 'ahh sure it's out of warranty, what can I do.'

Comment

Moved the thread to the right area.

Have you added any hardware recently?
                  Driver conflicts?
                  As samba said what the error is will help a lot
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

use this, should give you more insight into which program/driver is cause you the issue.
                    Displays information about blue screen crashes occured on your system. (MiniDump Reader)

Comment

I think I fixed the issue as BSOD hasnt happened since I downloaded and ran CCleaner application over a week ago. Someone mentioned it in the BBV so tried it out..

Result!

Comment

Working...
                      X