Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Marty Morrissey is a fucktard
    That's news?

Kinda forced to publicly support Galway but secretly funking for Limerick.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

England back to form in the cricket too.

54/0 to 110/6.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        That's news?

Kinda forced to publicly support Galway but secretly funking for Limerick.
        I'm not a GAA head, the level of fucktard in RTE still surprises me for some reason

uncle lives in Patrickswell(weirdest place Ive ever been), another from Limerick itself

Galway is full of cunces

Gwan the LimRock

Comment

I'm not a GAA head, the level of fucktard in RTE still surprises me for some reason

uncle lives in Patrickswell(weirdest place Ive ever been), another from Limerick itself

Galway is full of cunces

Gwan the LimRock
          JP McManus funding Limerick hurling is making me want to see them lose though. Hypocritical wanker of Denis O'Brien stature.

Comment

Hurling needs to get some actual rules

Comment

Galway is full of cunces

Gwan the LimRock
              Hey! From the well myself...

They let my Mam home today, they were calling her Lazarus in the hospital.

She even has a spring in her step....some change from 4 days ago. Expected another week at least but they said she would be better off at home, less chance of catching anything nasty, the nurse will be visiting her as well which will be a great help.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                And a ref that knows those rules. He's brutal

Comment

JP McManus funding Limerick hurling is making me want to see them lose though. Hypocritical wanker of Denis O'Brien stature.
                  Jaysus that's incredibly harsh, O'Brien is a complete ku*t, JP divides opinion but imo is a complete gentleman and the majority of his good deeds aren't even known by the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                    Hurling is fine, heaven forbid it would end up like the clusterfuck that Gaelic Football has become.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      And a ref that knows those rules. He's brutal
                      The modern game of hurling is virtually impossible to referee especially at intercounty level, the game is simply too fast for one man to control

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                        The modern game of hurling is virtually impossible to referee especially at intercounty level, the game is simply too fast for one man to control
                        Yeah that's understandable but it's simple decisions that even I'm after spotting. The Limerick number 11 goes up and.wins a puck out, beating Canning to the ball, free for canning for some reason. Just before half time Galway man lands a fair shoulder on the Limerick forward and the ref gives a free and a yellow.

The speed of the game has nothing to do with getting calls like that wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                          Hey! From the well myself...
                          Knew there was something...odd about you

They let my Mam home today, they were calling her Lazarus in the hospital.

She even has a spring in her step....some change from 4 days ago. Expected another week at least but they said she would be better off at home, less chance of catching anything nasty, the nurse will be visiting her as well which will be a great help.
                          Class

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            Yeah that's understandable but it's simple decisions that even I'm after spotting. The Limerick number 11 goes up and.wins a puck out, beating Canning to the ball, free for canning for some reason. Just before half time Galway man lands a fair shoulder on the Limerick forward and the ref gives a free and a yellow.

The speed of the game has nothing to do with getting calls like that wrong.
                            I also agree with you and those examples, although I assumed the yellow was for the afters.

Comment

Jaysus that's incredibly harsh, O'Brien is a complete ku*t, JP divides opinion but imo is a complete gentleman and the majority of his good deeds aren't even known by the general public.
                              Yeah?

Pay your taxes here, if you're such a generous soul. Otherwise it's just doling out sweeties to the peasants who'll tell you what a great man you are.

Michael O'Leary might well be a prick. But he stuck around and paid his taxes. Making him a far better Irishman than someone who fecks off and dispenses patronage from abroad.
                              Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 19-08-18, 15:35.

Comment

Bye bye hurling

Brighton 2-0 up

Rest of game great craic or a great Utd comeback, either way... should be good tellybox

Comment

aaahh fuck you BBV

Comment

I also agree with you and those examples, although I assumed the yellow was for the afters.
                                    Ah, may have been. Didn't really take much notice. The reason I've watched more hurling than football this season is cos the refs let a lot go. They let fellas battle and get stuck in within reason. Think this ref could let a little bit more go

Comment

Yeah?

Pay your taxes here, if you're such a generous soul. Otherwise it's just doling out sweeties to the peasants who'll tell you what a great man you are.

Michael O'Leary might well be a prick. But he stuck around and paid his taxes. Making him a far better Irishman than someone who fecks off and dispenses pateonage from abroad.
                                      JP has contributed far more than any potential tax liability and unlike the rest of us he gets to decide where the money is spent and his record to date would suggest he is far more competent at it than any of our elected representatives.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone;1078970[B
                                        ]JP has contributed far more than any potential tax liability[/B] and unlike the rest of us he gets to decide where the money is spent and his record to date would suggest he is far more competent at it than any of our elected representatives.
                                        to the bolded bit, complete and utter nonsense.

Two questions:

1) do we live in a republic?
                                        2) is JP McManus Irish?

If you can correctly answer those, you should come to an understanding of my position.

Comment

to the bolded bit, complete and utter nonsense.

Two questions:

1) do we live in a republic?
                                          2) is JP McManus Irish?

If you can correctly answer those, you should come to an understanding of my position.
                                          I absolutely understand your argument and acknowledge it's merit, I personally don't agree however and even if I did the comparison to O'Brien is still way off.

Comment

Just me or has this been the worst game of the summer?

Limerick by far the least worst team today and worthy champions for sure.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I absolutely understand your argument and acknowledge is merit, I personally don't agree however and even if I did the comparison to O'Brien is still way off.
                                                Why? O'Brien likewise ran away from Ireland, likewise likes to trumpet his charitable works and is very protective of his image. Both DO'B and JPM have self-decreed they're too important to pay taxes to the state that made them. What could be less republican than that?

Only difference between the two being that one should be in jail.

Comment

Just me or has this been the worst game of the summer?

Limerick by far the least worst team today and worthy champions for sure.
                                                  Hmmm, BBV'd my own comment there.

Comment

This is so fcuking Limerick it's scary

Comment

This is so fcuking Limerick it's scary
                                                      Would have been outright robbery with violence if that had gone over, wp

Comment

That was fun.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

There won't be a fella stabbed in Limerick tonight.

Up hurling.

Comment

It would have been a scandal, and I was saying earlier what a difficult job referees have in the modern game but Jaysus Owens had a mare.

Comment

Last final that ref will ever get, GAA were printing the replay tickets already

Comment

Im drained

This has turned out to be a great feckin sunday !
                                                                Last edited by oleras; 19-08-18, 16:20.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

...There won't be a bloody knife in Limerick tonight..
                                                                  ...Edit, fuck you Dobby...

Comment

It would have been a scandal, and I was saying earlier what a difficult job referees have in the modern game but Jaysus Owens had a mare.
                                                                    It's insane to only have one referee in a sport like that. On a pitch that size. Should be one in each half, miked up.

Comment

Im drained
                                                                      Hope yer ma wasn't watching that!

Comment

Waterford under serious pressure to get their shit together now.

Comment

JP getting a public blowjob from the Limerick captain there....

Comment

Apology accepted

Comment

One for RD3....

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    How do peanuts grow?

SPOILER
                                                                                    Yeah, me neither...

You'd never seen pics of Jimmy Carter with them?

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      I sent a buddy of mine and his missus on the double header of Pho Viet and Jimmys Hall tonight. Just got a call from him waxing lyrical about both.
                                                                                      Been going to Pho Viet quite a bit lately, I think maybe 4 times in the last month, trying as many dishes as possible. Thanks to the BBV, seen it mentioned here a fair bit.

Think I'll try that combo next week.

Comment

This is how your normalise racism
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          https://youtu.be/yZvUhBGKLWM
                                                                                          This is how your normalise racism
                                                                                          That's mental.

Pretty poor interviewer, he could have taken him to pieces.

Something along the lines of 'so it's OK for Trump to call someone a n-word before he was President but not while he's president. Would you apply to same standards to colluding with a hostile foreign power?'

Comment

The really interesting thing about that interview is that there is no denial any more. Team Trump must be pretty sure that (a) he said it and (b), there is evidence.

Hardly surprising of course with all of the dog whistle tactics before and after the election, but I'm sure there's more than a few educated GOP voters who clung to the hope that this was all for show for the rednecks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              How do peanuts grow?

SPOILER
                                                                                              Yeah, me neither...

I guess if you didn't know that they are not a nut (They're a legume.) you'd be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                I guess if you didn't know that they are not a nut (They're a legume.) you'd be surprised.
                                                                                                So Trump is a Legume ? I'm confused

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                  So Trump is a Legume ? I'm confused
                                                                                                  Yeah but are you surprised?

Comment

A 49 cent tin of sardines just cost me 50 e at the doctors after ripping my finger open.

Don't drink wine and decide to have sardines on toast. Blood bath last night

Tetanus and glued up sorted 😊
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                      A 49 cent tin of sardines just cost me 50 e at the doctors after ripping my finger open.

Don't drink wine and decide to have sardines on toast. Blood bath last night

Tetanus and glued up sorted 😊
                                                                                                      Not the most squeamish of people and have suffered bad breaks and cuts etc over the years. BUT, there's something about bad cuts on the hand / fingers that makes me queasy. Had a nasty one before with a Mandolin and it's never left me.

Hope that heals well.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                        Not the most squeamish of people and have suffered bad breaks and cuts etc over the years. BUT, there's something about bad cuts on the hand / fingers that makes me queasy. Had a nasty one before with a Mandolin and it's never left me.

Hope that heals well.
                                                                                                        Don't click into the spoiler below then ... Not much blood here , probably because there was feck all left in me by the time I took the pic

A few weeks ago I tripped in the Garden and landed on a piece of wood with a screw pointing up, screw went right in and out. Was very lucky to miss all ligaments bones and tendons. what you see here is just a lump of adipose tissue reefed out by the screw

SPOILER

Comment

The really interesting thing about that interview is that there is no denial any more. Team Trump must be pretty sure that (a) he said it and (b), there is evidence.

Hardly surprising of course with all of the dog whistle tactics before and after the election, but I'm sure there's more than a few educated GOP voters who clung to the hope that this was all for show for the rednecks.
                                                                                                          I admire your optimism, I fear it could be misplaced.
                                                                                                          He is making misogyny and racism mainstream and acceptable and he's being let continue because they think it will pay off in the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            I admire your optimism, I fear it could be misplaced.
                                                                                                            He is making misogyny and racism mainstream and acceptable and he's being let continue because they think it will pay off in the polls.
                                                                                                            It would be fascinating to see what the reaction would be if and when actual evidence came out.

A swarm of black lads to be wheeled out and stand noddingly behind Trump in the Oval Office while he issues some formulaic non-apology?

You would like to think Trump voters who consider themselves 'decent people' would be appropriately revolted. On the other hand, you would think that bridge would have been crossed long ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                              Been going to Pho Viet quite a bit lately, I think maybe 4 times in the last month, trying as many dishes as possible. Thanks to the BBV, seen it mentioned here a fair bit.

Think I'll try that combo next week.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              I sent a buddy of mine and his missus on the double header of Pho Viet and Jimmys Hall tonight. Just got a call from him waxing lyrical about both.
                                                                                                              Booked that this morning. 2pm show on Saturday week. Will also head to pho viet for food after.

Could be the start of an ipb date night GAB

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                Don't click into the spoiler below then ... Not much blood here , probably because there was feck all left in me by the time I took the pic

A few weeks ago I tripped in the Garden and landed on a piece of wood with a screw pointing up, screw went right in and out. Was very lucky to miss all ligaments bones and tendons. what you see here is just a lump of adipose tissue reefed out by the screw

SPOILER

No photo there.
                                                                                                                Between this and the random tripping in the garden it's a bit of a worrying health sign.

Comment

Pulled out a nasal hair and it made my left eye water. A bad day for injuries on IPB

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    No photo there.
                                                                                                                    Between this and the random tripping in the garden it's a bit of a worrying health sign.
                                                                                                                    there is AJ.
                                                                                                                    SP has both the youngest and oldest looking hands I've seen.
                                                                                                                    Very soft looking but worryingly off colored
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...Investment question...I'm wondering if there are any investment companies like SOSV, Sean O' Sullivan's one, but on a scale that peasants like me can invest in?...Currently in Linked Fiance and Degiro, but want something different lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                        Pulled out a nasal hair and it made my left eye water. A bad day for injuries on IPB
                                                                                                                        Tell me about it! was making breakfast and trying to grab an item that was falling as I was closing the press door and took a chunk out of the back of my hand. The fkn pain! thankfully have lovely triple antibiotic cream with pain relief in it for it.

20th of August is the new Friday the 13th for IPB

Comment

I had a careless one a while back. Tore a sudafed foil packaging open and decided to take it out with my tongue instead of dropping it into my hand in case it would jump out of my palm(trying to eliminate the 4-7% chance of happening) but cut my tongue like a knife on the serrated edge of the torn foil.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X