Comment

Don't show the T4s

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
        Don't show the T4s
        Why?

Comment

€30 tourney in the new place in blaaland

Hero 10,500 stack - just above starting.

Blinds 150-300

Hero would be described as Laggyish. Dumped half my stack in the 2nd hand when I turned a straight with 9 10 vs a higher straight(This was justified as the guy was Nino who is fairly spewy)

Built it back with a few small pots. Nothing spectacular. Table was a dream - passive enough. Usually only 2 or 3 to a flop

Onto a dodgy spot:

I open AKcc UTG for 650
          5 callers including UTG+1 and UTG+2) - Others came along for value including BB who was playing 4k

Flop A 6 6 rainbow

BB ships

Fuck my life moment with 4 players behind and a hand that is destroying the BB range.

Options: (a) Call and pray no reshove - fold to reshove
          (b) Fold like a bitch
          (c) Reshove - Insanity
          (d) Call and call reshove

Discuss
          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Why?
            Chances are we're going to be shoving much lighter than the rest of the table and we can pick up a lot of chips by doing so. Why basically tell the entire table that when its a great way for us to accumulate and get light shoves through. More than likely we'll be shoving napkins in other hands so let's no encourage light calls.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
              Hero would be described as Laggyish.
              I open AKcc UTG for 650
              5 callers including UTG+1 and UTG+2)

Lollers^

(b) Fold like a bitch
              (c) Reshove - Insanity

Discuss
              Reshove!
              Isolate like?

3900 pot pre, he ships for pot, you ship for pot. Happy days?

Or do we actually want to bring others along? maybe weaker aces that could turn a higher two pair?

Dunno if we are putting the BB on a 6, or ace rag.
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Why am I attempting advice.

I'm confirmed useless!
                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                  Reshove!
                  Isolate like?

3900 pot pre, he ships for pot, you ship for pot. Happy days?

Or do we actually want to bring others along? maybe weaker aces that could turn a higher two pair?

Dunno if we are putting the BB on a 6, or ace rag.
                  Honestly a lot of people would describe me as laggyish from previous experience. You have played against me in Mullanes and all you have to do there is wait patiently and you get paid anyway hence I nit it up.

It's all about the table dynamic, naturally if people are passive its all about pumping it. Spewy fish = nit it up

The 5 callers was a bit weird. First real multi-way hand.

Onto the hand - Naturally I put him on Ace rag and yes I do want weaker aces to call/shove after me obviously. If I reshove to isolate into 4 players an ace is folding and a 6 is never folding. Hence I thought a reshove is insane
                  Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 12-03-13, 19:25.

Comment

€30 tourney in the new place in blaaland

Hero 10,500 stack - just above starting.

Blinds 150-300

Hero would be described as Laggyish. Dumped half my stack in the 2nd hand when I turned a straight with 9 10 vs a higher straight(This was justified as the guy was Nino who is fairly spewy)

Built it back with a few small pots. Nothing spectacular. Table was a dream - passive enough. Usually only 2 or 3 to a flop

Onto a dodgy spot:

I open AKcc UTG for 650
                    5 callers including UTG+1 and UTG+2) - Others came along for value including BB who was playing 4k

Flop A 6 6 rainbow

BB ships

Fuck my life moment with 4 players behind and a hand that is destroying the BB range.

(b) Fold like a bitch
                    (c) Reshove - Insanity

Discuss
                    What do you think the BB is shoving with. Few players up there I snap call but..............

Which of the well known fish is he

Not nearly enough info here but not a nice decision with 4 players behind you.

I probably fold & keep my 30BB for a better position

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                      What do you think the BB is shoving with. Few players up there I snap call but..............

Which of the well known fish is he

Not nearly enough info here but not a nice decision with 4 players behind you.

I probably fold & keep my 30BB for a better position
                      Wasn't a well known fish or a reg. He was decent though from limited experience but I never seen him before and I nearly know everyone who would play in Waterford.

Ace rag is what I put him on hence I had him destroyed..basically a stop and go. He was valued into the hand by the callers and just saw the ace and shipped. He was the shorty

Comment

Wasn't a well known fish or a reg. He was decent though from limited experience but I never seen him before and I nearly know everyone who would play in Waterford.

Ace rag is what I put him on hence I had him destroyed..basically a stop and go. He was valued into the hand by the callers and just saw the ace and shipped. He was the shorty

as I said tough spot but would want to be a poor player to shove INTO 5 Players with A rag

Comment

Isn't insta shipping any 6 horrible tho?
                          Check raise not more appealing?
                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                            as I said tough spot but would want to be a poor player to shove INTO 5 Players with A rag
                            You're right. Not really ace rag but ace decent kicker: as in A 10+

I was mightily confussed. If I had known it might have been easier.

Comment

This was my thinking exactly. He had sweet feck all chips so any bet anyone else made would have committed to calling them all off he check/raised. This is why a 6 isn't in his range

Comment

Shipping any 6 is Mick in a decent tournament, but not in a €30 tournament in Waterford, or Clonmel for that matter. If he's a very competent player he knows he will get called by a lot of A's & sure the last thing they'll put him on is a 6

It's still a very tough spot with 4/5 players behind him

Comment

Come to think of it I remember some donkey shipping trips straight into a pre flop aggressor a few weeks ago when it was 3 handed..is it still horrendo

Basically a 6 shouldn't be shoving as they lose value from someone hero folding an ace or the fact that he could get people to commit to his shorty check shove

What about call - folding to reshove? Is this bad because it kinda sounds bad in my head

Comment

All sounds like a loada jargon to me.

Comment

Curious as to what others do here.

FT 6 left.
                                      Blnds 2k/4k/No Antes

Hero in BB with 68k (17bbs) behind after posting BB.
                                      Had shoved last orbit in BB after 3 limpers & showed 104s.
                                      Rest of table pretty ABC but SB is decent player.

One other stack about the same, rest all 100-160k.

Folded to SB playing 140k who raises to 9k.

Look down at KQo

Hero?

I shove here. His bet could be to induce, but with 17 bbb's, unless I have a soulread on him here, Im reshipping the KQ blind v blind.

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                      Don't show the T4s
                                      Why?
                                      Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                      Chances are we're going to be shoving much lighter than the rest of the table and we can pick up a lot of chips by doing so. Why basically tell the entire table that when its a great way for us to accumulate and get light shoves through. More than likely we'll be shoving napkins in other hands so let's no encourage light calls.

+1.
                                      What Peter says here makes perfect sense. Because you are the short stack at the table, you will have to be shoving your 17bb's around the place trying to maintain your stack until hopefully being called when you shove with an actual hand.
                                      It should be costing some player 17bb's to see what you are capable of shoving with. I know people put up the arguement that by showing, you are more likely to get called when you shove with a hand. But with 17bb's, you are not going to have the time to wait for that hand, and 9 times out of 10 you are going to have to shove bags of spanners (or napkins as Peter elequently puts it!).

Comment

Advice please

Advice on how to play this hand. I was playing in an online tournament $25 double stack on I poker. Was going steady enough sitting around 14th out of 34 players remaining. Then I found myself with pocket 6 on the button. Blinds are 400/800 with antes. Everyone folds around and it's up to me to act. So SB has about 6k and BB has same stack as me 14k. I decided to jam my stack and was called by AQ hearts as a result it cost me my stack as BB flops top two pair. Any adivce on what I should o done here. I was thinking raise/ fold to a shove. Please help all advice welcome. Always open to trying to improve my game.

Comment

Originally posted by nellsor View Post
                                          Advice on how to play this hand. I was playing in an online tournament $25 double stack on I poker. Was going steady enough sitting around 14th out of 34 players remaining. Then I found myself with pocket 6 on the button. Blinds are 400/800 with antes. Everyone folds around and it's up to me to act. So SB has about 6k and BB has same stack as me 14k. I decided to jam my stack and was called by AQ hearts as a result it cost me my stack as BB flops top two pair. Any adivce on what I should o done here. I was thinking raise/ fold to a shove. Please help all advice welcome. Always open to trying to improve my game.
                                          shoving isnt terrible here, most of the time i'm prob gonna raise call the SB and then use my HUD to decide if im calling BB or not

EDIT: actually prob raise calling both unless BB is really nitty
                                          Last edited by chips1234; 20-03-13, 15:17.

Comment

Can someone tell me if i'm doing this correct?

Blinds 500/1000 and folded to me on the button. SB and BB have a FoldtoSteal% of 75% and 80%. (ignoring antes) so .75 x .8 = 60% fold

I open to 2k and for arguements sake, i just snap fold if i'm called or raised.

60% of the time i pick up 1500 uncontested so .6 of 1500 is 900
                                            40% of the time i lose 2000 so .4 of 2000 is 800

So a steal with any 2 cards there is worth +100 chips

or in Big Blinds

Win 60 x 1.5=90
                                            Lose 40 x 2=80

profit of 10 bigs, or .1bb per steal?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              Can someone tell me if i'm doing this correct?

Blinds 500/1000 and folded to me on the button. SB and BB have a FoldtoSteal% of 75% and 80%. (ignoring antes) so .75 x .8 = 60% fold

I open to 2k and for arguements sake, i just snap fold if i'm called or raised.

60% of the time i pick up 1500 uncontested so .6 of 1500 is 900
                                              40% of the time i lose 2000 so .4 of 2000 is 800

So a steal with any 2 cards there is worth +100 chips

or in Big Blinds

Win 60 x 1.5=90
                                              Lose 40 x 2=80

profit of 10 bigs, or .1bb per steal?
                                              You have forgotten to use decimals in your BB calc

.6*1.5 = .9
                                              .4*2. = .8

.1BB per steal

Comment

Originally posted by Fowlerthegowler View Post
                                                You have forgotten to use decimals in your BB calc

.6*1.5 = .9
                                                .4*2. = .8

.1BB per steal
                                                Yeah i was meant to say that for every 100 occurances i'd win 90 bigs and lose 80 bigs for a profit of 10 bigs, or .1BB that i said at end. Looks good otherwise?

Comment

Flush draw you should use a fold equity calculator I find this one really good fpp pro and use poker stove to get your equity if ye need me to post a video how to use it ill record one on my iPhone for ye let me no

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                    Flush draw you should use a fold equity calculator I find this one really good fpp pro and use poker stove to get your equity if ye need me to post a video how to use it ill record one on my iPhone for ye let me no
                                                    Cheers Jamie. I think i'm good with Pokerstove mate because i've used it a bit. Not used FPP Pro so will look it up. I was just seeing if i'm doing the calculations right because i just want to try and be able to work out quickly while playing if a btn/sb raise with any 2 cards is profitable so need to find those magic fold 2 steal % to make it work!

Comment

In isolation, how bad is this? 23 left and i'm 17th. We're not ITM yet and i don't have a lot of hands on this guy but he's down $11k over 280 games and been quite aggro since we've been at the table. Its 6max btw

Just pasted Raw HH below

SPOILER
                                                      ***** Hand History for Game 4831807913 ***** (Prima)
                                                      Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, March 26, 11:49:46 ET 2013
                                                      Table 6000 GTD 2nd Chance Plus (6 Seat)Table 10 (Real Money)
                                                      Seat 6 is the button
                                                      Seat 1: rufus9966 ( $76200.50 USD )
                                                      Seat 3: TheScouse_AA ( $99094.00 USD )
                                                      Seat 4: justwhackit ( $42813.00 USD )
                                                      Seat 5: Hero ( $32334.00 USD )
                                                      Seat 6: BareAre_ ( $49886.00 USD )
                                                      rufus9966 posts ante of [$120.00 USD].
                                                      TheScouse_AA posts ante of [$120.00 USD].
                                                      justwhackit posts ante of [$120.00 USD].
                                                      Hero posts ante of [$120.00 USD].
                                                      BareAre_ posts ante of [$120.00 USD].
                                                      rufus9966 posts small blind [$600.00 USD].
                                                      TheScouse_AA posts big blind [$1200.00 USD].
                                                      Dealt to Hero [ 5s Ac ]
                                                      justwhackit folds
                                                      Hero raises [$2400.00 USD]
                                                      BareAre_ raises [$6000.00 USD]
                                                      rufus9966 folds
                                                      TheScouse_AA folds
                                                      Hero raises [$29814.00 USD]
                                                      BareAre_ calls [$26214.00 USD]
                                                      Hero shows [5s, Ac ]
                                                      BareAre_ shows [As, Ah ]
                                                      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 8d, 7c, Qh ]
                                                      ** Dealing Turn ** [ Js ]
                                                      ** Dealing River ** [ Kd ]
                                                      Hero shows [5s, Ac ]
                                                      BareAre_ wins $66828.00 USD from main pot

I don't mind it, but i've had some differing opinions.

Comment

In isolation, how bad is this? 23 left and i'm 17th. We're not ITM yet and i don't have a lot of hands on this guy but he's down $11k over 280 games and been quite aggro since we've been at the table. Its 6max btw

Just pasted Raw HH below

SPOILER
                                                        ***** Hand History for Game 4831807913 ***** (Prima)
                                                        Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, March 26, 11:49:46 ET 2013
                                                        Table 6000 GTD 2nd Chance Plus (6 Seat)Table 10 (Real Money)
                                                        Seat 6 is the button
                                                        Seat 1: rufus9966 ( $76200.50 USD )
                                                        Seat 3: TheScouse_AA ( $99094.00 USD )
                                                        Seat 4: justwhackit ( $42813.00 USD )
                                                        Seat 5: Hero ( $32334.00 USD )
                                                        Seat 6: BareAre_ ( $49886.00 USD )
                                                        rufus9966 posts ante of [$120.00 USD].
                                                        TheScouse_AA posts ante of [$120.00 USD].
                                                        justwhackit posts ante of [$120.00 USD].
                                                        Hero posts ante of [$120.00 USD].
                                                        BareAre_ posts ante of [$120.00 USD].
                                                        rufus9966 posts small blind [$600.00 USD].
                                                        TheScouse_AA posts big blind [$1200.00 USD].
                                                        Dealt to Hero [ 5s Ac ]
                                                        justwhackit folds
                                                        Hero raises [$2400.00 USD]
                                                        BareAre_ raises [$6000.00 USD]
                                                        rufus9966 folds
                                                        TheScouse_AA folds
                                                        Hero raises [$29814.00 USD]
                                                        BareAre_ calls [$26214.00 USD]
                                                        Hero shows [5s, Ac ]
                                                        BareAre_ shows [As, Ah ]
                                                        ** Dealing Flop ** [ 8d, 7c, Qh ]
                                                        ** Dealing Turn ** [ Js ]
                                                        ** Dealing River ** [ Kd ]
                                                        Hero shows [5s, Ac ]
                                                        BareAre_ wins $66828.00 USD from main pot

I don't mind it, but i've had some differing opinions.
                                                        If he's that bad, I cant see him 3b/f too often, I think you'll pick up much better spots than this, if he's losing more than likely he has tendencies to limp call etc
                                                        Especially playing 6 max, your ability to isolate in position gives you an even greater edge I would think

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                          If he's that bad, I cant see him 3b/f too often, I think you'll pick up much better spots than this, if he's losing more than likely he has tendencies to limp call etc
                                                          Especially playing 6 max, your ability to isolate in position gives you an even greater edge I would think
                                                          Yeah but i don't think i'm ever getting him to fold a better hand. I'm just thinking that he might be 3betting broadways, Ax and some pairs (as they do in this game) so i'm hoping to be ahead at showdown or pick up whats in the middle without showdown. Having the Ace blocker helps too! You could be right tho, i'm deep enough to wait for a better spot.

Comment

Yeah but i don't think i'm ever getting him to fold a better hand. I'm just thinking that he might be 3betting broadways, Ax and some pairs (as they do in this game) so i'm hoping to be ahead at showdown or pick up whats in the middle without showdown. Having the Ace blocker helps too! You could be right tho, i'm deep enough to wait for a better spot.
                                                            I hate using the "oh you should wait for a better spot" but in a vacuum I prefer just to wait

Comment

Fitz EOM - is this a call?

Average is 14bbs - 23 left, 10 paid.

Hero is in BB with just under 7bbs behind after posting & looks at 55.

HJ open ships 8bbs & CO tank calls from 15bb stack.

Both are only at the table for 2 x orbits & HJ has won an allin vs a shortie with 88 v 77.

Call or fold?

Comment

Both are only at the table for 2 x orbits & HJ has won an allin vs a shortie with 88 v 77.

Call or fold?
                                                                Fold for me id sooner ship blind at any stage one couple of steals you have near average.
                                                                How you get so low in bbs .
                                                                Idsooner stick it in here with any suited connectors or two paint cards.

Comment

I definitely fold every time. Never happy with my small pair unless its heads up. Even with 7bbs I would fold
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I'd fold 3 way.

Comment

Call or fold?

I thought immediately when i read it, auto fold but decided to run ranges in pokerstove
                                                                      Maybe these ranges are a tad wide but just went with them

Gave the HJ the following range 22+,A7s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo
                                                                      CO 77+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+
                                                                      Hero 55
                                                                      Also cos you didn't give stack sizes just bb's, I just done calculations given average stack, entrants and how many were left so blinds were 2-4k avg was 60kish I think, not sure if there is antes though but I assume there is.

So 8 players(I assume) 4k in antes, 32k(thats all u can win from HJ) and same with CO plus sb and bb so 74k total, so you need to invest 28k to win 98k so you need 28.5% equity for it to be a call.

Given ranges I gave you have 27% so its a Fold, but as I said the ranges are perhaps a little wide.

Just noticed u had 7bbs behind my bad, original stats I came up with, said it was call thinking you had 6bbs behind, still its closer than I thought
                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 29-03-13, 20:46.

Comment

IPO stream...

Lastest chip count on Jonathan Crute . Jonathan now has 2147483647 chips from last count.

Comment

Just on that 55 hand from Fitz EOM.

I shipped HJ with JJ, CO called with 99 and BB called with the 55.

Was just curious as BB is good player with some big results and as hands were turned over he was discussing the call with the SB (another good player, 'firm' member) and they were both leaning to a correct call (whether SB was being truthful idk) despite me thinking it was a fold.

Comment

Just on that 55 hand from Fitz EOM.

I shipped HJ with JJ, CO called with 99 and BB called with the 55.

Was just curious as BB is good player with some big results and as hands were turned over he was discussing the call with the SB (another good player, 'firm' member) and they were both leaning to a correct call (whether SB was being truthful idk) despite me thinking it was a fold.
                                                                            I think its closer than people 1st thought and online maybe a call but live here, its a fold imo

Comment

Call or fold?
                                                                              1st thought without running any numbers was fold. Snap with 77+ flip a coin with 66.

I thought immediately when i read it, auto fold but decided to run ranges in pokerstove
                                                                              Maybe these ranges are a tad wide but just went with them

Gave the HJ the following range 22+,A7s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo
                                                                              CO 77+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+
                                                                              Hero 55
                                                                              Also cos you didn't give stack sizes just bb's, I just done calculations given average stack, entrants and how many were left so blinds were 2-4k avg was 60kish I think, not sure if there is antes though but I assume there is.

So 8 players(I assume) 4k in antes, 32k(thats all u can win from HJ) and same with CO plus sb and bb so 74k total, so you need to invest 28k to win 98k so you need 28.5% equity for it to be a call.

Given ranges I gave you have 27% so its a Fold, but as I said the ranges are perhaps a little wide.

Just noticed u had 7bbs behind my bad, original stats I came up with, said it was call thinking you had 6bbs behind, still its closer than I thought
                                                                              Do you think them ranges are wide? I would call them crazy tight..

8bbs from HJ should be a lot wider than that. I would be more like 22+, Ax, K4s, K6o+ Q7s+,Q9o+, J8s+,J9o+, T8s+, 98s, 87s

Maybe even a bit wider depending on rest of the people behind etc.

Calling from CO something like 55+,A8s+,KJs+,KQo, A9o+,

Seems to have slightly over 30% 3 ways. So would be a good call.

Comment

Anyone fold here? The guy is a decent reg, shoving 29 bigs. Don't think there's any bluffs here, and i think he just raises normal with any legit opening hands. He's only stealing 17% of hands (30% from btn) from a ~700 hand sample. I'd maybe weight his hands towards 99-QQ, AQ+ figuring he'll raise to induce with KK/AA

I could be wrong with the ranges, but against 99-QQ, AQ+ we're 57%

It's a €30fo and i'm 1/12 with 10 paid. Is it a fistpump snap because we think we're ahead of his range, or do we preserve our stack? Winning here will put us in a good position to win the tournament, but losing puts us back in the middle of the pack

Prima No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 300/600 Blinds (7 handed) - Prima Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button (t17,303)
                                                                                SB (t29,168)
                                                                                Hero (BB) (t40,865.50)
                                                                                UTG (t30,160)
                                                                                MP1 (t28,341.50)
                                                                                MP2 (t6,810)
                                                                                CO (t7,341)

Hero's M: 45.41

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
                                                                                4 folds, Button bets t17,243, 1 fold, Hero ?

Comment

Anyone fold here? The guy is a decent reg, shoving 29 bigs. Don't think there's any bluffs here, and i think he just raises normal with any legit opening hands. He's only stealing 17% of hands (30% from btn) from a ~700 hand sample. I'd maybe weight his hands towards 99-QQ, AQ+ figuring he'll raise to induce with KK/AA

I could be wrong with the ranges, but against 99-QQ, AQ+ we're 57%

It's a €30fo and i'm 1/12 with 10 paid. Is it a fistpump snap because we think we're ahead of his range, or do we preserve our stack? Winning here will put us in a good position to win the tournament, but losing puts us back in the middle of the pack

Prima No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 300/600 Blinds (7 handed) - Prima Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button (t17,303)
                                                                                  SB (t29,168)
                                                                                  Hero (BB) (t40,865.50)
                                                                                  UTG (t30,160)
                                                                                  MP1 (t28,341.50)
                                                                                  MP2 (t6,810)
                                                                                  CO (t7,341)

Hero's M: 45.41

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
                                                                                  4 folds, Button bets t17,243, 1 fold, Hero ?
                                                                                  If decent regs are shoving 29bbs I need to start playing on more sites. Snap. Win and we have a bazzilion chips so should win a large % of the time. We have to destroy any range that makes any sense... Expect to see 22-66 the majority of the time. I'm sure you will be flipping a bit too but thats fine too. Don't think preserving a stack is ever a reason to fold.

Quite similar to what a few of us were talking about in the April thread today in terms of using your stack etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryT View Post
                                                                                    If decent regs are shoving 29bbs I need to start playing on more sites. Snap. Win and we have a bazzilion chips so should win a large % of the time. We have to destroy any range that makes any sense... Expect to see 22-66 the majority of the time. I'm sure you will be flipping a bit too but thats fine too. Don't think preserving a stack is ever a reason to fold.

Quite similar to what a few of us were talking about in the April thread today in terms of using your stack etc.
                                                                                    Maybe decent wasn't the correct phrase He seems decent in the games i've played against him playing 16/14 but just sharkscoped him and he's down a few quid so it could be just i've not noticed him doing anything too spazzy!

Just on the bolded bit. I'm in total agreement with that tbh. I'm not comparing it to 'wait for a better spot' but if you're able to abuse the bubble and pick up lots of chips without any risk of busting yourself, i don't mind turning down a big potential flip where you can yourself a lot of damage (I don't mean this spot btw)

Now to read the April thread in more detail! I called in the hand btw and he had AK. I didn't snap, so just wondering should it have been.

Comment

It's always AK isn't it? I can't fold JJ here ever though.

Comment

Maybe decent wasn't the correct phrase He seems decent in the games i've played against him playing 16/14 but just sharkscoped him and he's down a few quid so it could be just i've not noticed him doing anything too spazzy!

Just on the bolded bit. I'm in total agreement with that tbh. I'm not comparing it to 'wait for a better spot' but if you're able to abuse the bubble and pick up lots of chips without any risk of busting yourself, i don't mind turning down a big potential flip where you can yourself a lot of damage (I don't mean this spot btw)

Now to read the April thread in more detail! I called in the hand btw and he had AK. I didn't snap, so just wondering should it have been.
                                                                                        I see what you mean but don't think you can crush the bubble by enough in a €30 FO to make this a fold. If it was a a €500 bubble and they were all sat winners then maybe.

But you can still say that if you think you can crush the bubble with your current stack just imagine what you do on the bubble when you win. And have 2x everybody else.

I think you have his shoving range too tight must be a lot of mid pairs if he's shoving AK. like 66-JJ maybe. Doubt he shoves QQ. Generally QQ seems grouped with AA KK as a premium moreso than mid pairs.

Comment

Bit of a reverse hand here. I remember asking everybody for opinions of it when I was drunk but I forget most of the answers so going to post it here.

Just wondering what people would call with in the other persons position.

900 side event 15k ss 1hr clock 200/400 no ante

Bad lag raises 400 EP. Playing around 8k

An English guy who I'm pretty sure is a live pro who has been really lag and played quite well most of the time. Did spew pretty hard with terrible sizing repping nothing at 1 point though. Calls btn playing around 14k.

1 more caller from SB I think was another bad lag.

I overcall BB with 77. Playing 50+k . I had been generally really lag and agressive also. Bluffed off 1/4 my stack 1st hand of the tournament. Then hero'd villan 2 above in a massive pot in level 1 also. Since then not been to many showdowns despite playing a lot of pots and have had it when I went to showdown.

Flop J:c Jx Tx

Checks through.

Turn is 4:c

I lead 800. Original raiser calls and villan 2 calls.

River is Q:c

I check. Original raiser checks. Villan 2 bets 2250

I tank for just over a minute and make it 7600.

What do you call/shove with here? Would your calling range change if i had just shoved instead?
                                                                                          Last edited by GaryT; 03-04-13, 13:16.

Comment

Wheres everyone playing nowadays?

Comment

Bit of a reverse hand here. I remember asking everybody for opinions of it when I was drunk but I forget most of the answers so going to post it here.

Just wondering what people would call with in the other persons position.

900 side event 15k ss 1hr clock 200/400 no ante

Bad lag raises 400 EP. Playing around 8k

An English guy who I'm pretty sure is a live pro who has been really lag and played quite well most of the time. Did spew pretty hard with terrible sizing repping nothing at 1 point though. Calls btn playing around 14k.

1 more caller from SB I think was another bad lag.

I overcall BB with 77. Playing 50+k . I had been generally really lag and agressive also. Bluffed off 1/4 my stack 1st hand of the tournament. Then hero'd villan 2 above in a massive pot in level 1 also. Since then not been to many showdowns despite playing a lot of pots and have had it when I went to showdown.

Flop J:c Jx Tx

Checks through.

Turn is 4:c

I lead 800. Original raiser calls and villan 2 calls.

River is Q:c

I check. Original raiser checks. Villan 2 bets 2250

I tank for just over a minute and make it 7600.

What do you call/shove with here? Would your calling range change if i had just shoved instead?
                                                                                              Don't really like it, as you can't expect people to fold flushes. Nice in theory, or against people who like to make big folds

Comment

I'm setting up a poker crossword and am blanking on ideas and questions.

Assuming its geared at infrequent online poker players has anyone any ideas.

So far I have:

Answer / Clue
                                                                                                --------------------
                                                                                                Flushdraw / You have nine outs on the flop.
                                                                                                Squeeze / The act of re-raising an initial raise and a call.
                                                                                                OMGClayAiken / Phil Galfond's famous online poker alias.
                                                                                                Doyle Brunson / The hand 10,2o is famed because of this man.
                                                                                                Ante / Mandatory bet usually introduced in later stages of a tournament.

Comment

An infrequent online player prolly won't know who Galfond even is.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                    I'm setting up a poker crossword and am blanking on ideas and questions.

Assuming its geared at infrequent online poker players has anyone any ideas.

So far I have:

Answer / Clue
                                                                                                    --------------------
                                                                                                    Flushdraw / You have nine outs on the flop.
                                                                                                    Squeeze / The act of re-raising an initial raise and a call.
                                                                                                    OMGClayAiken / Phil Galfond's famous online poker alias.
                                                                                                    Doyle Brunson / The hand 10,2o is famed because of this man.
                                                                                                    Ante / Mandatory bet usually introduced in later stages of a tournament.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                    An infrequent online player prolly won't know who Galfond even is.
                                                                                                    Yeah, you're probably best going down the line of

Run / 5 cards in sequential order
                                                                                                    Blue / 5 cards of the same suit
                                                                                                    Gaff / 3 of a kind plus a pair
                                                                                                    Trips / a pair in your hand plus 1 on the board
                                                                                                    Royaler / An ace high run and a blue

Comment

Regular Turbo tourney I play, long way out & average is 18k.

Result of hand irrelevant but would like to hear what other do.......

No info as new to table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em 500/1,000 Blinds 100 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP3 (t23,080)
                                                                                                      CO (t6,600)
                                                                                                      Button (t16,260)
                                                                                                      Hero (SB) (t20,875)
                                                                                                      BB (t37,590)
                                                                                                      UTG (t18,995)
                                                                                                      UTG+1 (t5,200)
                                                                                                      MP1 (t3,720)
                                                                                                      MP2 (t32,740)

Hero's M: 8.70

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
                                                                                                      4 folds, MP3 bets t3,000, 2 folds, Hero calls t2,500, 1 fold

Flop: (t7,900) 5, 4, J (2 players)
                                                                                                      Hero checks, MP3 bets t4,000, Hero calls t4,000

Turn: (t15,900) Q (2 players)
                                                                                                      Hero checks, MP3 bets t7,000, Hero raises to t13,775 (All-In), MP3 calls t6,775

River: (t43,450) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t43,450

Results below:
                                                                                                      SPOILER

Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                                                                      MP3 had Q, J (two pair, Queens and Jacks).
                                                                                                      Outcome: MP3 won t43,450

Comment

Regular Turbo tourney I play, long way out & average is 18k.

Result of hand irrelevant but would like to hear what other do.......

No info as new to table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em 500/1,000 Blinds 100 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP3 (t23,080)
                                                                                                        CO (t6,600)
                                                                                                        Button (t16,260)
                                                                                                        Hero (SB) (t20,875)
                                                                                                        BB (t37,590)
                                                                                                        UTG (t18,995)
                                                                                                        UTG+1 (t5,200)
                                                                                                        MP1 (t3,720)
                                                                                                        MP2 (t32,740)

Hero's M: 8.70

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
                                                                                                        4 folds, MP3 bets t3,000, 2 folds, Hero calls t2,500, 1 fold

Flop: (t7,900) 5, 4, J (2 players)
                                                                                                        Hero checks, MP3 bets t4,000, Hero calls t4,000

Turn: (t15,900) Q (2 players)
                                                                                                        Hero checks, MP3 bets t7,000, Hero raises to t13,775 (All-In), MP3 calls t6,775

River: (t43,450) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t43,450

Results below:
                                                                                                        SPOILER

Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                                                                        MP3 had Q, J (two pair, Queens and Jacks).
                                                                                                        Outcome: MP3 won t43,450
                                                                                                        Looks perfect imo, played it well!

Out of curiosity do u use a HUD??

Comment

Looks perfect imo, played it well!

Out of curiosity do u use a HUD??
                                                                                                          I was in the kitchen so wasn't wearing a hoodie

Comment

I shove pre or check shove the flop. Your hand is disguised enough on the flop to make it look like a draw or some pair or combo hand and you might get looked up light. If you c/r the flop, it's 14k back on him to win 30k so he'll be getting the right price a lot of the time

Comment

I shove pre or check shove the flop. Your hand is disguised enough on the flop to make it look like a draw or some pair or combo hand and you might get looked up light. If you c/r the flop, it's 14k back on him to win 30k so he'll be getting the right price a lot of the time
                                                                                                              Pre-flop my thinking is to try & maybe induce the BB into something. Most of the time I probably check shove the flop but I'm holding the A here so decide to wait till turn but then again he may check back the turn.

Comment

Pre-flop my thinking is to try & maybe induce the BB into something. Most of the time I probably check shove the flop but I'm holding the A here so decide to wait till turn but then again he may check back the turn.
                                                                                                                I think i would 3bet here,The fact that he 3xs tells me hes a weak player so i would probly just make it 6k and then bet get it in.(although i know it looks redic strong)

I think the BB Is More likely to flat than 3bet pre because he would be getting 4:1 roughly and we dont really want that imo.
                                                                                                                “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Shove for me

Comment

Strange pre flop cash spot in 1 2 game. Im playing 350 odd villain cover comfortably.

Villain in this is an English mixed game reg. was playing 5 10 etc and also talking to his mate about leaving to go play Chinese while complaining about how boring holdem is. This was the only game running at the time.

I've been playing with him for around 90mins. He has been really really laggy. Straddling every chance he gets. Also just randomly raised huge blind a few times.

Would view me as quite tight I'd say. I bought in for max and just gradually dwindled down to current stack not playing many hands or winning the hands I do play.

He's done some other weird things like 2orbits before this had he min raised then snap jammed for almost 400 effective over my btn 3bet. I accidentally showed a 2 while folding.

Short stack shoves blind utg for 24. He's definitely blind. I'm mp2 and raise 50. Folds to villain in bb who shoves.

What range do to you call here? I don't call anything here as there's a few bad guys behind that love to peel every race pre.

Just curious what people would call here with?

Comment

I call here with the exact same range I made it 50 with

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                        I call here with the exact same range I made it 50 with
                                                                                                                        Just against the guy as described or in general never isoing anything here then folding?

Comment

Just against the guy as described or in general never isoing anything here then folding?
                                                                                                                          Against the guy as described, although this is a spot where you should play pretty tight anyway since you give up so much equity if you end up folding pre.

A lot of hands people isolate here with don't make much money against a random hand, so if you are planning on folding to a raise from someone behind you you are just lighting money on fire with this plan.

In this situation with basically the entire table behind you I would need a very strong hand to call/raise, and there is no way I'm folding it to the player you described.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X