Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No obrigado, no Grazie, Nei takk, No Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No obrigado, no Grazie, Nei takk, No Thanks!

I am periodically losing my ability to offer my gratitude to other members of the community.

I want to say thanks, but I can't.

Please can you fix it, I don't want to appear ungrateful.

Thanks.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Aren't you only allowed so many in a certain period?
    Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      I am periodically losing my ability to offer my gratitude to other members of the community.

I want to say thanks, but I can't.

Please can you fix it, I don't want to appear ungrateful.

Thanks.
      I answered this in the bbv earlier, so RTFM.

Ramiriquez is correct as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        I answered this in the bbv earlier, so RTFM.

Ramiriquez is correct as well.
        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
          Aren't you only allowed so many in a certain period?
          Thank you.

Comment

On a serious note, can you explain the logic of a limited supply of gratitude.

I'm genuinely curious.

Comment

On a serious note, can you explain the logic of a limited supply of gratitude.

I'm genuinely curious.
              Didnt Donkathon start thanking every post in the old bbv probably just to stop some silly stuff like that !
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

So you're the one who thanks my crap posts..
                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                  Didnt Donkathon start thanking every post in the old bbv probably just to stop some silly stuff like that !
                  Maybe pgodkin influenced the rule, he'd thank a rapist.

Comment

I believe the line in the sand here was drawn due to Mary Harney (poster, not politician) related thankingnesses.

Comment

ok, so earlier today my thanks button disappeared then came back, I had probably thanked 12 or 13 posts at that stage. Then it went again and has only just came back.

I've counted 28 posts I've thanked since midnight last night.

Wtf?

Mods, if possible can you clearly outline what the situation is with regard to removing members ability to thank a post.

Seriously, it's a real pain in the hole, the thanks feature is quite an important communication feature on this site, I honestly can't understand the logic behind restricting it.

If it's to stop silliness fair enough, but blocking it for regular users after 15 uses is beyond ridiculous.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

Comment

ok, so earlier today my thanks button disappeared then came back, I had probably thanked 12 or 13 posts at that stage. Then it went again and has only just came back.

I've counted 28 posts I've thanked since midnight last night.

Wtf?

Mods, if possible can you clearly outline what the situation is with regard to removing members ability to thank a post.

Seriously, it's a real pain in the hole, the thanks feature is quite an important communication feature on this site, I honestly can't understand the logic behind restricting it.

If it's to stop silliness fair enough, but blocking it for regular users after 15 uses is beyond ridiculous.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?
                        From what I gathered it was based on a 24hr period. I noticed mine coming and going every so often. After I thanked it would go again and come back a short time later

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
                          From what I gathered it was based on a 24hr period. I noticed mine coming and going every so often. After I thanked it would go again and come back a short time later
                          I've checked it again, I thanked a post today at 14.31, then it went. In the preceding 24 hours I thanked exactly 30 posts.

Do you reckon it's only possible to thank 30 posts in 24 hours?

If so that's pretty feckin ridiculous.

Comment

I've checked it again, I thanked a post today at 14.31, then it went. In the preceding 24 hours I thanked exactly 30 posts.

Do you reckon it's only possible to thank 30 posts in 24 hours?

If so that's pretty feckin ridiculous.
                            Not sure of the number but sounds about right

Comment

Conor,

Why you no thank me?
                              I thought we had some good times together today.

Obviously eaten muffins are soon forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare's Muffin View Post
                                Conor,

Why you no thank me?

Hey Muf,

we had good times, the memories will always stay with me.

I'll probably see ye in a day or two though, I'll keep an eye out for ye

XX

Comment

Jaysus, (or Jayus as MSN says) I thanked FIVE posts since it came back at 9 pm and it's gone again.

I'm starting to think somebody's actin the monkey.

Comment

It is 75 per day (upped from 60). Day I assume being a rolling 24 hour period, but I'm not sure of te exact science. It is the same for all users, no exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      It is 75 per day (upped from 60). Day I assume being a rolling 24 hour period, but I'm not sure of te exact science. It is the same for all users, no exceptions.
                                      Mine must be broke then Dom.

Or does it include people thanking your posts?

If it's only posts you thank yourself then something's wrong as I counted only 30 in 24 hours.

edit, can you not just remove the restriction?

Comment

Ok guys, this is futile, time to drop the pretence.

Lazare, we believe that you have an addiction issue regarding Thanking.
                                        It's okay though, we are here to help you through this.

It first came to light a few weeks ago when a group of us noticed the issue, moderators were contacted and they concurred with the general consensus.
                                        They agreed that the best initial course of action was to begin reducing your 'Thanks Quota (herein referred to as TQ') by one per day over the last number of weeks in a futile attempt to wean you off without having to bring it to your and the community's full attention.

Obviously this initial TQ plan has not worked and this thread has now turned into your intervention.

P.S: We love you, you are in a safe place imo.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                          Ok guys, this is futile, time to drop the pretence.

Lazare, we believe that you have an addiction issue regarding Thanking.
                                          It's okay though, we are here to help you through this.

It first came to light a few weeks ago when a group of us noticed the issue, moderators were contacted and they concurred with the general consensus.
                                          They agreed that the best initial course of action was to begin reducing your 'Thanks Quota (herein referred to as TQ') by one per day over the last number of weeks in a futile attempt to wean you off without having to bring it to your and the community's full attention.

Obviously this initial TQ plan has not worked and this thread has now turned into your intervention.

P.S: We love you, you are in a safe place imo.
                                          I may have to multi account. It's that or a TA meeting

Comment

If you need a sponsor, let me know.

Reminds me of brilliance...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e54gzq5Xr0Y[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                              If you need a sponsor, let me know.

Reminds me of brilliance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e54gzq5Xr0Y
                                              That's brilliant, I haven't watched coronation street for years, I might have to get back into it!
                                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                That's brilliant, I haven't watched coronation street for years, I might have to get back into it!
                                                She made it worth watching but she died last year IRL.
                                                Not much point watching now.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=catEhS8k_BU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare's Muffin View Post
                                                  Conor,

Why you no thank me?

This Lazare's muffin thing is the best thing to happen to the site in a long time, possibly ever.

Comment

Whats this 75 figure. It should be either 70 or 80 etc. An equal amount. An equal amount.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X