Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live MTT FO

110e FO. 18 left and 7 paid.

We start the hand with 72k and the villain has 48k. Blinds 500-1000 with 100 RA.

Hero UTG opens KQs to 2.1k. UTG+2 calls. Flop KJ2 with 2 diamonds. We lead 2.5k and he calls. Turn Qc. We bet 5k and he raised to 16k. Whats our action on the turn / plan for the river if we do decide to call?

History was he was pretty passive, preferring to limp into pots from EP and MP in previous orbits. Couldnt remember an instant where he open raised. Probably passive would be the best way to describe him and pretty tight at least in previous orbits I had seen him.

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
    110e FO. 18 left and 7 paid.

We start the hand with 72k and the villain has 48k. Blinds 500-1000 with 100 RA.

Hero UTG opens KQs to 2.1k. UTG+2 calls. Flop KJ2 with 2 diamonds. We lead 2.5k and he calls. Turn Qc. We bet 5k and he raised to 16k. Whats our action on the turn / plan for the river if we do decide to call?

History was he was pretty passive, preferring to limp into pots from EP and MP in previous orbits. Couldnt remember an instant where he open raised. Probably passive would be the best way to describe him and pretty tight at least in previous orbits I had seen him.

I think given the info, its obv a value raise, never gonna be a pure bluff. Turn hits a few str8/fd combos. Obviously can be repping a weaker two pair or same hand or pair str8/fd combo. I think given imagine of villain and edge it's potentially a fold but I think I peel turn in game getting like 4/1. Saying that if the river bricks I like b/f river. You get to control sizing, given info I think he never raises the river with the same range he raises turn with and only raises nutted hands.
    Obv didn't check any numbers just my thoughts

Comment

I'd definitely call and re-evaluate the river. I would check fold the river to a big bet, insta calling anything small.

Comment

I called his turn raise and river brought the 2h which realtime I checked and he jammed his final 18k. I think the call here on the river is pretty poor against this sort of player.

In response to leading the river he's the effective stack so b/f the river isn't really possible

He had A10 and I paid his river shove off :-(
        Last edited by Irisheman; 26-11-15, 11:27.

Comment

Working...
        X