Rugby and Football Betting log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby and Football Betting log

I see quite alot of people here do betting logs. I recently decided to start one from this week onwards so I may aswell keep a log too!

Ill be doing all my bets on Paddy Power and i'm only going to bet on sports I have knowledge on which happen to be Football and Rugby. I also am not to fond of the points system people use. I've set aside €1500 for this so all my bets will be in Euro.

Good luck me! : )

Originally posted by SirRickyHatton View Post
    I see quite alot of people here do betting logs. I recently decided to start one from this week onwards so I may aswell keep a log too!

Ill be doing all my bets on Paddy Power and i'm only going to bet on sports I have knowledge on which happen to be Football and Rugby. I also am not to fond of the points system people use. I've set aside €1500 for this so all my bets will be in Euro.

Good luck me! : )
    Youll need more than luck if your just using one bookmaker.
    Like if ladcrooks had a evens money shot but its 8/11 on paddy your burning money by betting on the 8/11 shot.
    You dont seem to have a clue if yoru backing on one bookmaker and not availing of free bets and sign ups.
    Why do i bother relying to daft posts

Comment

Yeah restricting yourself to a single bookmaker fully dooms you to failure in advance tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
        Like if ladcrooks had a evens money shot but its 8/11 on paddy your burning money by betting on the 8/11 shot.
        You dont seem to have a clue if yoru backing on one bookmaker and not availing of free bets and sign ups.
        While I do agree with everything you say the last line mite be a bit harsh?

Not everyone goes bonus hunting for the free bets nor do they like change from 1 sports-book to another sports-book.Some of them dont even realise there can be a big difference between each sports book.Although if he willing to risk €1500 you would imagine he would have some knowledge of the above.

Maybe he could start using www.oddschecker.com for a start and take it from there.

Comment

I find it's easier having a roll all on one site. Much easier to keep track of.

And to be fair to PP they are normally best price out of all the high street bookies when it comes to rugby/football. If there ever is a difference, even when betting €50/€100. The difference will be a matter of cents.

I agree your point would be valid for someone betting on horses or bigger priced events. But it's not relevant for what I'll be doing.

Comment

...well gl with this...hope you run well....
            As everyone else seems to metntion, be sure to do hyour best to expand on your reasons for bets...it might help you consider things more, and hopefuully make you a better sports better...

Comment

And to be fair to PP they are normally best price out of all the high street bookies when it comes to rugby/football. If there ever is a difference, even when betting €50/€100. The difference will be a matter of cents.

I agree your point would be valid for someone betting on horses or bigger priced events. But it's not relevant for what I'll be doing.

No offense if you think PP are the best when it comes to Rugby you probably should just pack it in before you start the log...

I back mainly Rugby myself and stopped using them a long long time ago.....You will find way more value with other bookies.

I understand the using same bookmaker to make it easy to keep track and if your only backing €50 at a time like you said wont be much difference but still every penny counts at end of year

Comment

all the best with this lad,if you want to use just one book,than go right ahead.at the end of the day,its your money.....but you will be loseing valu by doing so.just a few pointers to that you might take into consideration.

when you place a bet with powers,have a look at other firms to see what the best price is out there, when you win you will see the difference can be quite large,as the weeks,months and years go on,it adds up below are a few links to sites to help you along

Compare the best online betting odds from top bookmakers and take advantage of our Free Bets and sign up offers - Easyodds.com

your not going to win every week,but hopefully as time goes on you will return a plus roi,for me anyways 10% roi in the long run would be a good return

stick to your bankroll stratergy,for me this is my biggest leak by far,as it stands i've the bones of 3k bet,with 750ish left out of a starting stack of 1k with some crazy bets risking up to 30% of my bankroll.if i had stuck to my brm,i would be well ahead by now,but you live and learn

do research in to your bets,but remember its a punt,a gamble and sometimes it just wont work out, and again, hopefully as time goes on you will get more right than wrong and again, getting the best price you can will become hugely important(but i'm sure you'll learn that in your own time)
                also when putting together a stakeing plan,might be no harm to have a look at kellys criterion http://www.albionresearch.com/kelly/

all the best with this and looking forward to seeing how this goes and keep the log going,you could end up teaching us all something
                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone! My bet sizes will range from €30 anywhere up to €100. It all depends on wether I'm doing singles/doubles/trebles and also how much spare time I had to study the statistics of the games.*Let's hope you follow my selections and become rich ; )

Feast of football on tonight with action from the Champions League, Championship and FA Cup. I love nightime matches more than daytime ones so with that in mind let's kickstart this log with a few winners!

Win Double:
                  Manchester United 4/7
                  Manchester City 11/10
                  Total staked - €35
                  Potential returns - €115.50
                  Potential profit - €80.50

Win Double:
                  Birmingham City 4/5
                  Inter Milan 13/8
                  Total staked - €30
                  Potential returns - €141.75
                  Potential profit - €111.75

Starting Bank - €1500
                  Current Bank - €1435
                  € Invested in current ongoing bets - €65
                  Total amount bet since beginning - €65

Comment

Oh well. United proved why they won't be challenging for silverware in the near future. City clearly can't perform
                    in Europe. I thought after their win away at Villareal
                    last time they had turned it around.

Birmingham done the buisness. Still undefeated at home while Inter where not able to continue their good run of form and had to settle for a draw.

Starting Bank - €1500
                    Current Bank - €1435
                    € Invested in current ongoing bets - €0
                    Total amount bet since beginning - €65

Comment

I beg to differ over the bolded point I did a bet 5 team accum it was nearly 19/1 on bet365 and was under 15/1 on paddy, thats a huge difference.
                      Its your money and all that but you are missing out on value by sticking with one bookmaker.

gl with this

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                        I beg to differ over the bolded point I did a bet 5 team accum it was nearly 19/1 on bet365 and was under 15/1 on paddy, thats a huge difference.
                        Its your money and all that but you are missing out on value by sticking with one bookmaker.

gl with this
                        As said above if you were doing horse racing or bigger odds betting then of course you should shop around. I'll be sticking to doubles and singles. Once you start putting 4+ teams in accums you're just burning money.

Comment

gl with this
                          I dont know why people are wishing this guy good luck?
                          if he ignores solid free sound advice he deserves to go bust.
                          might make me sound like a cunt but even in the man united city double better odds were available.

William Hill offered 4/6 for united win and city were 11/10 but he took paddy power 4/7
                          thats just thick will hill withdrawl via neteller takes 8 hours

Comment

I dont know why people are wishing this guy good luck?
                            if he ignores solid free sound advice he deserves to go bust.
                            might make me sound like a cunt but even in the man united city double better odds were available.

William Hill offered 4/6 for united win and city were 11/10 but he took paddy power 4/7
                            thats just thick will hill withdrawl via neteller takes 8 hours
                            So had the bet won I would have made an extra 4/5 euro? Mate I do not know what your problem is. I built the 1500 up from 300 over a few months by doing what I'm doing. If I make a couple of hundred every month I'll be happy. Moving money account to account, site to site sounds too much hassle. Maybe not for a pro but for me it is.

But a pro like yourself clearly knows better. When your book comes out send me it and I'll give it a read!

Comment

winning an extra 5 euro when you're only winning 60 is pretty big imo.

If I offered you an extra 8% on every bet you placed would you ignore it?

Comment

Using last night as an example, why did you put the two Manchester teams in one double and the two other teams in another double? Why not mix them up, or why not just do singles altogether?

Comment

Also, what makes you think you have an edge in top level footie, which is probably the sport which has the most statistical analysis and models done on it by the bookmakers of all sports that is possible to bet on?

Hard for me to think you > all the traders employed by all the firms in the UK tbh

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    Also, what makes you think you have an edge in top level footie, which is probably the sport which has the most statistical analysis and models done on it by the bookmakers of all sports that is possible to bet on?

Hard for me to think you > all the traders employed by all the firms in the UK tbh
                                    Are you talking to me or that other guy?

If it's me, I don't remember saying I was a betting expert or that I had any edge over the bookies whatsoever. I'm just a regular punter who knows quite alot about football. As far as I know I've always made money from bettiing football and rugby. Not an amount that's going to make me a millionaire. But enough to keep the weekends that extra bit boozy!!

I also think I'm a winner at sports betting because I don't bet on horses/greyhounds. Anyone who thinks they have a slight edge on them sports is retarded : )

I'm finished talking about all this now even though I'm quite sure I never really understood what sickpuppys problem was haha. Follow me if you want or don't.

Comment

Sickpuppys point is that you are negating the better price for the sake of effort or handiness. This is the reason bookies exist, because of the % edge they take on punters. Means they will always be winning in the long term (think of the bureau exchange for an example)

You seem to want winning bets as opposed to value bets - this is a concept took me a long time to get my head around, but backing something at any price just because you think its a winner, wont be profitable in the long run. You need to know the % of the time you think it wins, compared to the price - and go from there

also - as was offered, would you turn down 8% edge if given it?
                                      the answer must be yes, as you're backing 4/6(8/11) shots at 4/7

the best punters in the world who bet on soccer are very happy and content with 8% Edge. With 10% being extremely good

your passing up on this and have to be placing negative EV bets, which in the long term will lose

I'm not having a go at you, so dont get on the offensive. Take the advice you're being given on board - apply it along with "your substantial edge in rugby and soccer" and you will find you are making proper money
                                      The fact your betting in lower stakes shouldnt affect this, get the practices right and the rest will follow.

If you choose to ignore all the above, and are happy to use an escrow, Ill lay your bets once theyre all with one bookie

good luck with it either way
                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Are you talking to me or that other guy?

If it's me, I don't remember saying I was a betting expert or that I had any edge over the bookies whatsoever. I'm just a regular punter who knows quite alot about football. As far as I know I've always made money from bettiing football and rugby. Not an amount that's going to make me a millionaire. But enough to keep the weekends that extra bit boozy!!

I also think I'm a winner at sports betting because I don't bet on horses/greyhounds. Anyone who thinks they have a slight edge on them sports is retarded : )

I'm finished talking about all this now even though I'm quite sure I never really understood what sickpuppys problem was haha. Follow me if you want or don't.

I'm following you. Fuck the haters!
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                          Sickpuppys point is that you are negating the better price for the sake of effort or handiness. This is the reason bookies exist, because of the % edge they take on punters. Means they will always be winning in the long term (think of the bureau exchange for an example)

You seem to want winning bets as opposed to value bets - this is a concept took me a long time to get my head around, but backing something at any price just because you think its a winner, wont be profitable in the long run. You need to know the % of the time you think it wins, compared to the price - and go from there

also - as was offered, would you turn down 8% edge if given it?
                                          the answer must be yes, as you're backing 4/6(8/11) shots at 4/7

the best punters in the world who bet on soccer are very happy and content with 8% Edge. With 10% being extremely good

your passing up on this and have to be placing negative EV bets, which in the long term will lose

I'm not having a go at you, so dont get on the offensive. Take the advice you're being given on board - apply it along with "your substantial edge in rugby and soccer" and you will find you are making proper money
                                          The fact your betting in lower stakes shouldnt affect this, get the practices right and the rest will follow.

If you choose to ignore all the above, and are happy to use an escrow, Ill lay your bets once theyre all with one bookie

good luck with it either way
                                          Thanks for that. At least you said it all in a friendly way.

To be honest as i said this is not something im relying on as a 2nd income. Just a bit of fun to see if anything comes from it. And over this past year something has came out of it. I realise im losing value the odd time. I work a time consuming full time job so that's the only reason i like to have everything on one site to make it easy.

If i was a bum on the couch all day then i'd definately be looking for all the extra value possible! As it stands im just happy to continue making (Or possibly start losing) a few hundred every month.

Thanks for the good luck

Comment

As said above if you were doing horse racing or bigger odds betting then of course you should shop around. I'll be sticking to doubles and singles. Once you start putting 4+ teams in accums you're just burning money.
                                            placing the bet @ paddy would have been burning money, backing it on 365 was not. if your only backing singles and doubles its not going to take long to check for the best odds 1-2 mins for each bet max. If you were getting an 8% edge over all your bets your €300 would be €1596 instead of €1500. If your happy that paddy has that €96 in his pocket and not yours fair play to you.

Comment

placing the bet @ paddy would have been burning money, backing it on 365 was not. if your only backing singles and doubles its not going to take long to check for the best odds 1-2 mins for each bet max. If you were getting an 8% edge over all your bets your €300 would be €1596 instead of €1500. If your happy that paddy has that €96 in his pocket and not yours fair play to you.
                                              If my memory is correct Powers were the worst price off all bookies on Man Utd last nite and as a general will always be the worst price on the big teams.

I do understand he is only doing this a hobbie but even still surely it would make sense to spilt the 1500 between even 5 bookies with 300 in each.Atleast that will give him a bit better EV along with different bonus's(like bet 365 free €15 bet every few weeks,matched bonus with a number of other bookies) Since most of his bets around the €50 mark he be fine with €300 in each or even 500 in 3 diff bookies give himself some options!

Comment

Might be an idea for you to check the best odds you can get on your bet everytime and maybe after 20 bets or so just see what difference it would've made to your BR.
                                                Last edited by FeetMagic; 23-11-11, 14:49.

Comment

Nothing huge on offer tonight value wise. So just some bets that I think are worth trying. I'm predicting lots of draws

Win Treble:
                                                  Barcelona 4/5
                                                  Arsenal 11/10
                                                  Marseille 8/13
                                                  Total staked - €30
                                                  Potential returns - €178.10
                                                  Potential profit - €148.10

Draw Single:
                                                  Shakhtar vs Porto 11/5
                                                  Total staked - €15
                                                  Potential returns - €48
                                                  Potential profit - €33

Draw Single:
                                                  Bayern Leverkusen vs Chelsea 9/4
                                                  Total staked - €15
                                                  Potential returns - €48.75
                                                  Potential profit - €33.75

Draw Single:
                                                  BATE Borisov vs Fc Viktoria Plzen 23/10
                                                  Total staked - €15
                                                  Potential returns - €49.50
                                                  Potential profit - €34.50

Draw Single:
                                                  Walsall vs Exeter 23/10
                                                  Total staked - €15
                                                  Potential returns - €49.50
                                                  Potential profit - €34.50

Draw Single:
                                                  Bath vs Dagenham And Redbridge 12/5
                                                  Total staked - €15
                                                  Potential returns - €51
                                                  Potential profit - €36

Draw Single:
                                                  Zenit St P vs Apoel Nicosia 16/5
                                                  Total staked - €15
                                                  Potential returns - €63
                                                  Potential profit - €48

Starting Bank - €1500
                                                  Current Bank - €1315
                                                  € Invested in current ongoing bets - €120
                                                  Total amount bet since beginning - €185

Comment

Best of luck with this. I will be following.

What some of the others have said is obviously correct but if it is only a hobby and you find it easier to manage with just one account then it really is your call......GL

Comment

The easiest thing would eb to put the €1500 in moneybookers, and then ship into whatever account is top price on your selection. It takes an extra 2-3 minutes max per bet, which is a fraction of the time you would put into researching the same bet I would imagine. Then once the bet is settled take the winnings back out into your moneybookers.

Comment

Profit tonight of €39.50 but it could have been so much better. Chelsea losing in the last few mins and Marseille with a shock loss at home. If they're reversed I pick up over €200 more!

Starting Bank - €1500
                                                        Current Bank - €1474.50
                                                        Total amount bet since beginning - €185

Comment

So had the bet won I would have made an extra 4/5 euro? Mate I do not know what your problem is. I built the 1500 up from 300 over a few months by doing what I'm doing. If I make a couple of hundred every month I'll be happy. Moving money account to account, site to site sounds too much hassle. Maybe not for a pro but for me it is.

But a pro like yourself clearly knows better. When your book comes out send me it and I'll give it a read!
                                                          I know better than you thats a fact.
                                                          I wont be writing a book and ill not contribute to your thread
                                                          its a public forum ok so not all answers are going to be what you want to hear

Comment

Rugby bet for tonight.

Aironi +17 - 10/11
                                                            €40 bet

Total Points in match under 42.5 - 5/6
                                                            €40 bet

Cardiff to win by 1-12 points - 23/10
                                                            €20 bet

Starting Bank - €1500
                                                            Current Bank - €1374.50
                                                            € Invested in current ongoing bets - €100
                                                            Total amount bet since beginning - €285

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                              The easiest thing would eb to put the €1500 in moneybookers, and then ship into whatever account is top price on your selection. It takes an extra 2-3 minutes max per bet, which is a fraction of the time you would put into researching the same bet I would imagine. Then once the bet is settled take the winnings back out into your moneybookers.
                                                              as newapproach said,and you could always email your acct numbers + passwords to yourself.keeps it simple, that way,they wont get lost
                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Return of 73.33 tonight. Thought aironi would have put up more of a fight against an inexperienced Cardiff side.

Starting Bank - €1500
                                                                Current Bank - €1447.83
                                                                Total amount bet since beginning - €285

Comment

League 2 action tonight and the 2 teams I've selected are on good runs of late while their opponents are not doing that well.

Win Single:
                                                                  Barnet 13/10 €30

Win Single:
                                                                  Torquay 9/5 €30

Win Double
                                                                  Barnet 13/10
                                                                  Torquay 9/5
                                                                  €20

Starting bank - €1500
                                                                  Current bank - €1367.83
                                                                  € Invested in current ongoing bets - €80
                                                                  Total amount bet since beginning - €365

Comment

League 2 action tonight and the 2 teams I've selected are on good runs of late while their opponents are not doing that well.

Win Single:
                                                                    Barnet 13/10 €30

Win Single:
                                                                    Torquay 9/5 €30

Win Double
                                                                    Barnet 13/10
                                                                    Torquay 9/5
                                                                    €20

Starting bank - €1500
                                                                    Current bank - €1367.83
                                                                    € Invested in current ongoing bets - €80
                                                                    Do you put any taught into your betting amounts?

I see tonight your backing two teams which you fancy both at better than evens yet you have set it up in such a way that if Barnet wins and Torrquay dont you will lose €11 this in my opinion should never happen at them prices.

Comment

€69 returned from the Barnet win leaves it looking like this

Starting bank - €1500
                                                                      Current bank - €1436.83

Nothing much good that I see today. Just going with a treble.

Win Treble: €30
                                                                      Arsenal 1/2
                                                                      Spurs 10/11
                                                                      Southampton 10/11

Starting bank - €1500
                                                                      Current bank - €1406.83
                                                                      € Invested in current ongoing bets - €30
                                                                      Total amount bet since beginning - €395

Comment

Teams really don't give a flying fuck when they're away from home. Southampton proved that today.

Starting bank - €1500
                                                                        Current bank - €1406.83
                                                                        Total amount bet since beginning - €395

Comment

hows it going do something similar myself..but much smaller bankroll €100 but i have it on lodged on moneybookers..free to depoist to from laser card free to deposit to any site..365 will hill pp boyles u name it..and withdrawls are almost instant..had one withdraw from will hill that took less than 3 hrs..also keeps the owle bank statement clear from gambling websites which banks/credit unions look at with regards loan etc.. then when you want to withdraw your money moneybookers charges 1.9% i think which you will more then make with having all the different accounts..!!
                                                                          http://formbet.co.uk?ap_id=Filly10 Horse Racing Ratings

Comment

Originally posted by Phil3 View Post
                                                                            hows it going do something similar myself..but much smaller bankroll €100 but i have it on lodged on moneybookers..free to depoist to from laser card free to deposit to any site..365 will hill pp boyles u name it..and withdrawls are almost instant..had one withdraw from will hill that took less than 3 hrs..also keeps the owle bank statement clear from gambling websites which banks/credit unions look at with regards loan etc.. then when you want to withdraw your money moneybookers charges 1.9% i think which you will more then make with having all the different accounts..!!
                                                                            Do they pay well?

Comment

#39
                                                                              Seen very little so far over this past while. I thought Basle where great value against United but in the end in i never pulled the trigger. I think of the money i lose, i lose alot of it just betting for the sake of betting. Im going to only bet on games now that i study properly. Will be giving Saturday's fixture list a good long evaluation this week and put up a few bets.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Studied most of the matches for a couple of hours tonight and I've decided to have a big betting week to get the account back in the green!

€100 Double
                                                                                Arsenal 4/7
                                                                                Celtic 3/10

€50 Double
                                                                                Barnsley 1/1
                                                                                Sheffield United 4/7

€20 Quad
                                                                                Southampton 8/13
                                                                                Burnley 1/1
                                                                                Charlton 8/11
                                                                                Brentford 10/11

€20 Quad
                                                                                Leicester 8/13
                                                                                Huddersfield 4/7
                                                                                Birmingham 4/6
                                                                                Rangers 1/2

€20 Treble
                                                                                Hull 7/5
                                                                                Cardiff 8/5
                                                                                Kilmarnock 5/4

The following are all €15 draw singles
                                                                                Bolton vs Villa 11/5
                                                                                Swansea vs Fulham 9/4
                                                                                W.Brom vs Wigan 5/2
                                                                                Derby vs Bristol 9/4
                                                                                Reading vs W.Ham 23/10
                                                                                Forrest vs Palace 23/10
                                                                                Watford vs Leeds 12/5
                                                                                Middlesboro vs Brighton + Hove 23/10
                                                                                Oldam vs Sheff Wed 11/5
                                                                                Scunthorpe vs Carlisle 23/10
                                                                                Aberdeen vs St Mirren 23/10
                                                                                St Johnston vs Motherwell 23/10

Starting bank - €1500
                                                                                Current bank - €1016.83
                                                                                € Invested in current ongoing bets - €390
                                                                                Total amount bet since beginning - €785

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Try to get better prices rather than the ones that are convenient for you. Most matches quoted above its pretty easy to get a better price. This costs shedloads. Also, stop doubling and trebling things until you are pretty happy you are making edge. They're just a way to lose money faster.
                                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

#42
                                                                                    kind of looks like your starting to chase a quick big win than a profit over a longer time, but good luck with it anyway

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Will put up results later tonight

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
                                                                                      kind of looks like your starting to chase a quick big win than a profit over a longer time, but good luck with it anyway
                                                                                      Hardly! If I wanted a quick big win I'd lump the whole lot of a double and hope for the best!

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Haven't had time to update results from Saturday. Will tonight or tomorrow.

Pretty sick actually I did 3 Europa League trebles tonight and 2 of them came up banking me €400 profit! Sadly I did them in boyles after work so I won't be counting them towards my log total.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          No time at all over the holiday to even think about bets! But here is the results from the last lineup.

€304.79 Returned for a loss overall.

Starting bank - €1500
                                                                                          Current bank - €1321.62
                                                                                          Total amount bet since beginning - €785

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Had a long break from betting due to Christmas and not really having the time. But i'm back for the 6 nations! Will hopefully get a few winners.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            X