Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2019 - 2
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Staking / Selling %

Old 12-01-19, 18:57   #21
robin

Busted the first event during level 10. Very soft tournament but with a fast structure. Last hand I shoved 16bbs with AK,called in two spots, was up against TT and QQ, QT8 flop, no J on the turn or river.

One other interesting hand I'll post about when I'm not on my phone.

Fingers crossed the fields in the rest of them are as soft!
robin is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 15-01-19, 19:46   #22
robin

Off to a good start in the deepstack - 90k up from 35k to start. Blinds 300/600 next.
4 Thanks From:
Old 16-01-19, 01:42   #23
robin

Made it to day two, back to 95k after some ups and downs. I'll have 25 BBS starting tomorrow, there's about 100 left and 55 get paid, 360k dirham for first so over 30k Euro.
4 Thanks From:
Old 16-01-19, 16:07   #24
robin

Knocked out 7 off the bubble unfortunately. I was down to about 12bbs, button opened and I had seen him open J9o in EP in the other tournament so I shoved A5s, bb woke up with AJ.

Obviously it's a totally standard shove in chip ev, wasn't sure so close to the bubble but when the button could be way too wide I think I have to take the spot.

Feel like I'm playing great overall, I'm off to the hamman now, then I'll decide whether to play day 1a or 1b of the main.
4 Thanks From:
Old 16-01-19, 16:58   #25
Arazi

Close spot but 7 off the money isnít close enough to tighten it up IMO, unlucky.
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 18-01-19, 14:27   #26
robin

Main event today, I'm on the first break. Eventful first few levels, two coolers saw my 30k stack dwindle to less than 9k but I'm now back up to 32k. I wont be on my phone again for the rest of the day but I'll post an update when I'm finished playing.
Thanks From:
Old 18-01-19, 18:22   #27
robin

Knocked out during level 8 unfortunately. Just one of those days where I couldn't get anything going, the table was great so it was a shame. Still two more events to go, tomorrow and the next day, fields have been great so still a good chance to get a nice result.
Thanks From:
Old 19-01-19, 19:02   #28
robin

Busted the Mega stack in brutal fashion - had about 45bbs when I called a 15bb shove with 88 and lost to J7s, then a round later I got all in with KK vs two players, one of whom was the J7s guy with AA, other guy had AT.

That pot left me with less than 3bbs and there was no sign of spin up unfortunately.

The last one is tomorrow, fast structure but it's six max which suits me, looking forward to it.
3 Thanks From:
Old 20-01-19, 21:11   #29
robin

Finished just inside the money in the last one, 15/150. The bubble was fairly brutal. Had to make some tight folds starting with 15bbs because there were two 1-3bb stacks at my table alone that were literally folding down until they were put all in by the blinds, and they kept getting the triple up.

Once the bubble burst I was down to 5bbs which I got in with AK vs K9, couldnt hold unfortunately. The 13bb pot would have actually given me an almost average stack, which shows how fast the structure was!

Happy with my plan anyway and nice to get something back, let me know here or by PM where to send the refunds. I'll do the sums tomorrow but it's something like 30% of the original buy-in.
3 Thanks From:
Old 22-01-19, 01:53   #30
robin

So the cash was for 12000 dirhams, or 1065 Euro. If you want a bank transfer you can PM your details, or I can send on Stars or Party.

I will be leaving for Spain on Wednesday morning and I won't be able to log in to Stars or Party from there, so if you want the money there please let me know before then. For people who sent on Stars or Party in the first place, I'll send it back to the same account unless I hear otherwise by tomorrow night.

Cheers all, thanks for the support, shame I could get a bigger cash but the games were great so it was a good opportunity.
Old 22-01-19, 16:08   #31
Irisheman

Unlucky man. If you could ship to party for me that would be appreciated.

Will get them next time
Irisheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 22-01-19, 18:58   #32
robin

Just sorting out the transfers now. Unfortunately it seems I can't transfer on Party without re-verifying my account, so it'll have to be Stars or Bank Transfer I'm afraid, apologies for the hassle.

If you want it on Stars let me know by tomorrow morning, otherwise I'll be in Spain so bank transfer will be the only option. For anyone who sent via Stars initially I'll send it back to the same account unless I hear otherwise.

I'll post here again once all the transfers have been made.
Old 22-01-19, 19:56   #33
Arazi

Stars is good for me, thanks
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-19, 21:10   #34
robin

Seems like I'm having problems with Stars transfer, its saying I have insufficient funds even though the amount is far less than my balance.

It says uncleared deposits can't be transferred, which doesn't make sense to me. I know sometimes you need to play before making a transfer, but I've played a few thousand hands of 200nl on Stars so far this year and lots of tournaments last year, so I don't know what the problem is.

I've emailed them to see, hopefully they'll get back to me soon, otherwise it might have to be a bank transfer. Sorry for the hassle.

EDIT - Arazi it said I could transfer a maximum €180, so I've done that, which means there's €33 to follow, hopefully on Stars tomorrow, otherwise I'll PM you to arrange a transfer.
Old 23-01-19, 02:20   #35
robin

So no word from Stars, so the rest of the payments will have to be by bank transfer (I won't be back in Ireland for a month or two so I won't be able to log in to Stars or Party until then).

Hope that's alright with everyone, if not send me a PM, and if so send me on your details via PM.
Thanks From:
Old 23-01-19, 07:10   #36
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
It says uncleared deposits can't be transferred, which doesn't make sense to me. I know sometimes you need to play before making a transfer, but I've played a few thousand hands of 200nl on Stars so far this year and lots of tournaments last year, so I don't know what the problem is.
It's been like that for a while now. You generally have to playthrough all new deposits before you can transfer it out. Got stung myself with it last year. Had to 4 table some PL Omaha hi/lo
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 12:54   #37
robin

Cheers Flushdraw, their response was not helpful so it'll have to be bank transfer for everyone I'm afraid.
Old 05-02-19, 15:10   #38
robin

Just posting to confirm all the refunds have now been sent, except for €33 of Arazi's, which he's asked that I carry forward to the next time I'm selling action.

Let me know if I missed anyone, or if there was a problem with the transfers.

Cheers for the support all!

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Staking / Selling %