Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gambling Forum - General Discussion Thread - its not a rick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
      Hugh Taylor, Gary O'Brien and Wayne Bailey all have their day's tips up. I got Taylor's 25/1 shot at 14s..
      He said on the Form Factor that he thinks the price should be around 16's so your getting no value there at all.

There's absolutely no point in backing his tips anymore. Instead you should maybe try impliment his techniques which he describes in his articles and try to find your own horses that are overpriced.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
        He said on the Form Factor that he thinks the price should be around 16's so your getting no value there at all.

There's absolutely no point in backing his tips anymore. Instead you should maybe try impliment his techniques which he describes in his articles and try to find your own horses that are overpriced.
        That would take too much effort. I only take them if I can get a reasonable price. 14s isn't too bad here, I feel.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Treble for tonight that pays about 3/1.

United will be out to prove something against city and they have lots of confidence having won their last 2 games 3-0 and 4-0.

Everton are decent at home and up against a weak sunderland team.

Celtic are at home to hibs and can't afford to lose any more points in the title chase.

Comment

I'll go for a red card in Man Utd v Man City @ 9/4
            To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Originally posted by robinblinds View Post
              I'll go for a red card in Man Utd v Man City @ 9/4
              I'd steer well clear of this match in terms of the actual result, but this isn't a bad bet.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Don't fancy a scorecast myself.

Comment

Extrabet bet their place market ( top 5/10/20 ) on the golf including ties which is a big concession.

This week they have Mickleson priced at 1/1 for a top ten finish. He's 6/1 to win the tournament and best priced 4/6, generally 4/7 with the other firms for the topten finish. He's 8/15 with 365/willhill/skybet to finish in the topten at the same time being 8/15 to finish in the toptwenty and ties on extrabet. The only other firm betting this market have him 1/4.

It's his first outing of the season so there has to be question on what form he's in. But on the plus side, its his home town and he has won on tory pines three times in the past. This is a huge season for Mickleson as he's nearing forty now, he really seemed to get his game together at the back-end of last year and I'm sure he's been keeping his game ticking over in the break.

The evens for the topten is to big a price while the 8/15 for the toptwenty is massive value,2/7-1/4 is more realistic.

I'm adding 10pts @ 1/1 extrabet, to this weeks picks
                  Last edited by nicnicnic; 27-01-10, 15:49.

Comment

Mighty Man has a squeak in the RSA Chase

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                      [IMG]Snooker Welsh Open. Graeme Dott(approx 5/6) to beat Joe Perry. 1pm

Did this win me money?
                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post

The evens for the topten is to big a price
                        This is true.

Matt Jones has a good record at Torrey Pines. Great irons players and just as good off the tee. Played really well last week and finished 5th in this last year -

circa 80/1.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                          Did this win me money?

Dott won 5-3, so yes.
                          Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

Just on Mickelson, he is well known for taking a complete break from golf in the offseason.
                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                              Just on Mickelson, he is well known for taking a complete break from golf in the offseason.
                              if he turns up at 80% those bets are still value, he's doing a live interview at 1 pm ET ( is that 5 or 6 out time ) on the pga site.

anywhere stream the racing daily,

Comment

Couple of horses I like in Kemton tonight in the first and last races on the card.

16.40- Glen Lass (best price 5/6 coral)

Going for 5 on the bounce and can't really see much in the field that will trouble him. Has a kepmton win under his belt too which I find very important as these all weather tracks tend to differ in their textures and some horses produce on some and not on others. He's also 3lb lighter then the previous time he won here.

19.40 lisahane bog ( generally 5/1)

Only one in the field with a kempton win in the bag and despite being top weight I still think he's got room for improvement on his recent decent run of form.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

if he turns up at 80% those bets are still value, he's doing a live interview at 1 pm ET ( is that 5 or 6 out time ) on the pga site.

Here are his results for his first tournament of the year over the last five.

2009 FBR Open - Missed cut
                                  2008 Buick Inv. - Tied 6th
                                  2007 Bob Hope - Tied 45th
                                  2006 Bob Hope - Tied 5th
                                  2005 Buick Inv. - Tied 56th

And here is his last five in the Buick, which is now the Farmers Insurance

2009 - Tied 42nd
                                  2008 - Tied 6th
                                  2007 - Tied 51st
                                  2006 - Tied 8th
                                  2005 - Tied 56th

I think he is a great lay for this based on those results.
                                  Last edited by eagle eye; 27-01-10, 16:41.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    I will have an interest in Ultimate Limit
                                    meh, bit sickening

the RP text commentary said it best; "Ultimate Limit blew it"
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

tips for this evening from the dougster

Everton v Sunderland Time Of First Goal
                                      After 27th Minute
                                      Burton Albion v Lincoln Total
                                      Match Goals Over 2.5
                                      Celtic to win

also I'm kinda thinking Wigan, anyone any thoughts about these?
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Here are his results for his first tournament of the year over the last five.

2009 FBR Open - Missed cut
                                        2008 Buick Inv. - Tied 6th
                                        2007 Bob Hope - Tied 45th
                                        2006 Bob Hope - Tied 5th
                                        2005 Buick Inv. - Tied 56th

And here is his last five in the Buick, which is now the Farmers Insurance

2009 - Tied 42nd
                                        2008 - Tied 6th
                                        2007 - Tied 51st
                                        2006 - Tied 8th
                                        2005 - Tied 56th

I think he is a great lay for this based on those results.
                                        go back 10 years and he wins the tournament twice 3 times in total i think.....I had a good bet but if you want to oppose him at the prices I've backed him at I'm prepared to have plenty more on with you if you like.

As for his first outing, this year is different for Mickleson, Nearing 40, Tiger possibly out, he's looking to dominate an I'd expect him to start well,

live interview coming up at 6 here http://www.pgatour.com/livepresser/
                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 27-01-10, 17:40.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                          Did this win me money?
                                          Oh aye he won 5-3!. I didnt like it when Perry knocked in a 130+ break in the 1st frame though!.

Comment

this has all ruk races

Comment

5/1 available for Chelsea v Bham draw.

This is too big

Comment

Kaymer 15/1 with pp just in the shops now and only to €100, but values value.

Comment

Chelsea at home = pretty much unstoppable.

Comment

Should be 7/2

If you remember from the boards bbv, I'm Chelsea biggest backer for the Prem this year - but they've got to drop some points, and B'ham are playing really tight and compact, particularly at the back.

5/1 won't rear its head in this spot too often.
                                                    Last edited by robinblinds; 27-01-10, 17:42.

Comment

At first glance it really does look like a nice bet at 5/1 and Birmingham play tight as you say.

The reason though I believe that Chelsea are good for this one is because of Ballack, Lampard and Joe Cole. Birmingham play very deep and its going to leave room for midfielders to have a go, not only that but they give away a lot of free kicks too and you will be punished if you do that against Chelsea. This game is set up for a player like Joe Cole who likes to go at a defense, he can stretch them and the options are there on the outside as well as up front when he does.

Comment

anyone lay me evens on Meath to beat Dublin tonight?
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                          anyone lay me evens on Meath to beat Dublin tonight?
                                                          Thanks for reminding me to back Meath, Donal. 10/11 on Boyles as good as you'll get, I reckon. Looks huge to me. Dubs don't care about tonight's game, Gilroy's made wholesale changes. Meath's first home game against us for 21 years, they'll fancy it.

Comment

Agree - chatn to two lads on meath team too - big one for them
                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Newcastle to beat Palace 4/7 freely available.

Newcastle should have far too much in hand especially now that Palace are going into admin, they are top of the league, unbeaten in 12, unbeaten at home, vastly superior goal difference (+25 v +2) etc etc and 4/7 imo should be taken.

Comment

Comment

One single bet tonight Everton best price 4/6 in Ladbrokes.

I also fancy Ronney first goal 4/1 with Boyles and BlueSquare.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                    Newcastle to beat Palace 4/7 freely available.

Newcastle should have far too much in hand especially now that Palace are going into admin, they are top of the league, unbeaten in 12, unbeaten at home, vastly superior goal difference (+25 v +2) etc etc and 4/7 imo should be taken.
                                                                    4/6 on bf - drifting. Im on it. Palace only have 3 on the bench, theyre in bits. Moses should be missed too
                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

4/6 on bf - drifting. Im on it. Palace only have 3 on the bench, theyre in bits. Moses should be missed too
                                                                      yea just took 1.7, can't believe the price tbh.

Comment

Sound interesting Hitchhikers guide....

What dept in ucd his he in? Just wondering if he ever thought me when I was there?
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                          Just wondering if he ever thought me when I was there?
                                                                          I passed through Belfield a few times when I had friends living in Dundrum, but can't say I THOUGHT of you once.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_arama View Post
                                                                            I passed through Belfield a few times when I had friends living in Dundrum, but can't say I THOUGHT of you once.
                                                                            Jesus, that's actually quite bad!
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                              btw have an interesting (mainly because its actually true) story about gambling systems that i heard over christmas from a pal who is a lecturer in UCD. He was saying that his colleague (i'd better not mention the name) has been hired by an Australian hedge fund to implement some horse racing system he has developed.

They are paying him 'a big multiple' of his lecturer salary to act as a consultant to their fund and then they will do the trading based on his system. Strange thing was he didn't contact them, didn't have much intention of licencing his system, and had barely publicised his study apart from in a few specialised journals. They just contacted him out of the blue and said "we have a proposition".

He's not even all that interested in horses or gambling. Have no idea what the system is, but from knowing the guy in question i'd guess it is highly mathematical.
                                                                              I'd be very interested to know who that is.... Nothing a little bit of googling cant fix though I guess! I'd heard of a guy from trinity doing something similar in relation to gambling on the horses, but not someone from UCD.

Also, will you lay me 3/1 that I can guess your lecturer friend in UCD?
                                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

...

Comment

"To be frank, l've discovered it's not actually terribly difficult to make money in the horse racing business!"

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                    Treble for tonight that pays about 3/1.

United will be out to prove something against city and they have lots of confidence having won their last 2 games 3-0 and 4-0.

Everton are decent at home and up against a weak sunderland team.

Celtic are at home to hibs and can't afford to lose any more points in the title chase.
                                                                                    Celtic just cost me about 140 quid. Congrats to Rangers tho on another league title.

Comment

I'm just glad I didn't lay Blackburn like I'd planned. Could have been costly.

Comment

Meath beat Dublin by a point..

Comment

Also glad I didn't lay Meath like someone wanted earlier too LOL.

Comment

Thurles 28-01-10

Proform Native in the hunter chase at Thurles tomorrow looks an outstanding bet in receipt of 10lbs(7 if jockeys claims taken into account) from |Rudi Trucker the likely fav.....he has 8lengths to find with tullintain on limerick form,but i think he got done for toe that day and the extra2furlongs and a turn around at the weights will help.

also think Divinsky can take his turn in the 19:55 at kempton tomorrow night, very frustrating horse, has been running well of late tho i felt on his last few runs the race set-up was not suitable to him so i didnt get involved, but tomorrow looks like it could be his day.i also have a feeling there could be alot of money around for him to, given the class drop(be up early)

both could make up into a decent each-way double

Comment

Bball is where its at tonight imo. Lakers play the horrendous Pacers and Cavs play the even worse Timberwolves.

I suggest taking both the Lakers -6 and Cavs -13.5. Games start in 12 minutes though so not much time.

In the tennis, as well as Andy Murray has been playing, he has failed at this stage too often for my liking, add to that Marin Cilic has been playing incredible tennis over the past week and a bit and I think Cilic is fantastic value at better than 7/2 on Betfair.

Comment

ohio bobcats imo
                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                  Meath beat Dublin by a point..
                                                                                                  What price will they be now to beat the team who are putting out their reserves?

Comment

ohio bobcats imo
                                                                                                    99-84 ship

Meath should be 4/5 or 4/6 faves for that game. If the info is correct on the game, ill be backing it until it hits 1/2.
                                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

In the tennis, as well as Andy Murray has been playing, he has failed at this stage too often for my liking, add to that Marin Cilic has been playing incredible tennis over the past week and a bit and I think Cilic is fantastic value at better than 7/2 on Betfair.
                                                                                                      What? He has gotten to 2 semi-finals and he is 1-1. The first he beat Nadal in. The 2nd he lost to an inspired Andy Roddick. The guy is still 22, he is not exactly Jana Novotna yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                        What? He has gotten to 2 semi-finals and he is 1-1. The first he beat Nadal in. The 2nd he lost to an inspired Andy Roddick. The guy is still 22, he is not exactly Jana Novotna yet.
                                                                                                        Speaking of Tennis, its crazy to think that Nadal, at 23, has earned over $27m from tennis

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                          He seems to fall all too often at the QF stage and he has done once at the SF stage. I just don't like him in this one, especially with the form of his opponent.

Comment

Henin @ 1.9 to beat Williams in the final seems like good value or am i wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              I'm in on this.She looks in good orer with herself and was able for both williams before her retirement. Should be a good final though.
                                                                                                              "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                i think i would rather just let her win@that price.dont think there is ever much value to be had in opposing williams..

Comment

I'm not sure is 1.9 value tbh, they are both very evenly matched. Serena leads 7-6 in h2h. Serena 11 time Slam winner, Henin 7 time champ. Henin is playing in only her second tournament after a 20 month lay off but Clijsters proved that this obstacle isn't insurmountable when returning after a 2 yr layoff (playing in her 3rd tournament) to win the US Open.
                                                                                                                  Serena is a 4 time champ here, never having lost in a final. Henin has won it once.
                                                                                                                  In summary, I am still no nearer to making a decision, but I will probably swerve it as it's too close too call.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by thedini; 28-01-10, 11:34.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.sharp View Post
                                                                                                                    Proform Native in the hunter chase at Thurles tomorrow looks an outstanding bet in receipt of 10lbs(7 if jockeys claims taken into account) from |Rudi Trucker the likely fav.....he has 8lengths to find with tullintain on limerick form,but i think he got done for toe that day and the extra2furlongs and a turn around at the weights will help.
                                                                                                                    Least someone on this thread will have a winner, thats the top three in the market covered now.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                      Least someone on this thread will have a winner, thats the top three in the market covered now.
                                                                                                                      ???? your point ?????

Comment

Originally posted by dr.sharp View Post
                                                                                                                        ???? your point ?????
                                                                                                                        No reason, just amusing that we're backing three in the race.

I've punted Tyner's.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                          No reason, just amusing that we're backing three in the race.

I've punted Tyner's.
                                                                                                                          nope.just PROFORM NATIVE.. just tried giving a run down on the form tied in with the 2 dangers(imo) bar the top 3 unless mullins improves boxer georg by near on 20lbs it should really involve only the top 3.

i can see why u would punt Tyner's he did look impressive in beating proform native the last day. i just feel proform chased a strong pace on tacky ground and Tullintain done him for a change of gear having been held of the pace, i think Proforms point form is superior.. and he represents the value in the race..

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X