Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIPT ME Killarney Hand

150/300 level

table has been playing tightish so far. No 3-betting light etc mp is standard nit. button looks like a competant player who could have a few moves in him but has only showed down a slow played floped nut flush.

Folded around to mp(25k) who makes it 750, button(15k) calls. I(15k) look down at 99 in the sb and flat. BB folds.

Flop 8c 4h 2c pot 2500

Hero leads out for 1500, mp original raiser folds, Button flats

Turn Js pot 5500

Hero checks, Button leads for 3200, Hero calls

river Kc pot 11900

Hero checks button bets 7000 leaving about 2000 behind. hero?

He never has over pair here obv. im almost certain he never has a set here because a) he would have raised the flop and b)i find it difficult to believe that he puts almost all of his chips in here with a set when 3rd club comes. It was really weird that he bet the turn when a percieved blank comes That cant really help my or his hand unless he has AJcc because no other Jx is in his range imo and im act sure he would check for pot control if he did have that hand Given how over repped my hand is as iv been playing like a nit.

When the river comes I really thought about jamming as I think i can get away with repping a flush. when i checked i thought his bet sizing was really odd. I kept thinking "no way did he float the flop and double barrell with some weird hand that could have had showdown value that he then turned into a stone cold bluff on the turn and river and he's now betting enough to get me off it but still have enough left if called to gamble up"

Anyway opinons of how badly i played this hand greatly apprecieated
    "Think of what your opponent wants you to do, and then do the opposite"

I don't understand why you lead the flop. I think this is the source of your problems in this hand. Your opponent can be fairly certain you don't have a bare flush draw when you do this, which means the only flush you can have is 4cXc, which means you either have Ac4c or a hand that has to seriously consider folding the river to a strong bet.

Of course, your opponent's range varies wildly here with his percieved competency. Is he capable of figuring this out? For that matter, is he capable of betting with a flush draw on the turn? Is he bad enough to turn up with J8 here?
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

You are dead here if he is competent cos of your flop lead.
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I think you see the villain turn up here with Jc Xc almost always - prob some way connected like QJcc or 10Jcc. I don't like the flop lead and river is a clear fold

Comment

I absolutely hate the flop lead. You're going to be floated/put in tons of tough spots so often.

Check and see what happens. I probably let it go to a bet and a call here, as we are hating most of the deck on the turn and we're oop for the rest of the hand and we'll be playing a guessing game.

River is a clear fold as played. Probably the turn too.

Comment

Ya the flop lead was fairly terrible. I knew it straight after i did it.

Comment

Originally posted by PortOfTheYokes View Post
              Ya the flop lead was fairly terrible. I knew it straight after i did it.
              Well then why not say that in your analysis?

As covered earlier you have an overpair to the board but you're going to hate a lot of cards on the turn and have to play them oop. c/c or c/f depending on interest shown around the table.

We all know poker is a game of incomplete information but we should strive to play our pots (especially our big ones) in position meaning we have more information with which to make our decisions. This should mean that our decisions are better
              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                Well then why not say that in your analysis?

As covered earlier you have an overpair to the board but you're going to hate a lot of cards on the turn and have to play them oop. c/c or c/f depending on interest shown around the table.

We all know poker is a game of incomplete information but we should strive to play our pots (especially our big ones) in position meaning we have more information with which to make our decisions. This should mean that our decisions are better
                tbh I just wanted to get peoples opinons as to how bad it. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

tbf was prob a bit harsh with first sentence as it just sounded as you were reacting to what people were saying. When we ask for advice we should always try to remember why we did things and not fit what people are saying around what happened.
                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working...
                  X