Two pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two pair

Can't find the hand history for this one so it's an approximation.

Hand is interesting because there is 0% chance the opponent is bluffing and very little chance he is semi bluffing. I've been chatting to him about Arsenal. I don't know anything about how he plays poker. I don't actually know him, they were just talking in the chat and I joined in.

I have A7o on BB. Three limpers, including my friend who is button 2 in pot

Flop is A75 two clubs. I bet and get two callers . pot is now 6.50

Turn is red Jack. I bet, 1 fold and my new friend raises me. I bet 4.50, he makes it about 13. We started with about 50 each, so there's about 40$ left to go in each.

What do I do?

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
    Can't find the hand history for this one so it's an approximation.

Hand is interesting because there is 0% chance the opponent is bluffing and very little chance he is semi bluffing. I've been chatting to him about Arsenal. I don't know anything about how he plays poker. I don't actually know him, they were just talking in the chat and I joined in.

I have A7o on BB. Three limpers, including my friend who is button 2 in pot

Flop is A75 two clubs. I bet and get two callers . pot is now 6.50

Turn is red Jack. I bet, 1 fold and my new friend raises me. I bet 4.50, he makes it about 13. We started with about 50 each, so there's about 40$ left to go in each.

What do I do?
    yeah well it sounds like u have an excellent read on him since u rule out semibluffs and pure bluffs so i suppose it boils down what do we beat that he could be raising for value.

i guess the only 2pair hands he would likely have limped that we beat are mostly A5 and 57 (perhaps J7s) but i think we cant rule out big aces that he decided to limp pre for deception and now wants to protect against FDs and/or raise for value vs our perceived range (Ax+FDs)

All other hands he could have limped with like AJ, 77, (not many combos though) and 55 and i guess JJ+AA have us crushed obv so ideally i'd be trying to do a quick combo's guess in the hand but i wouldnt be quick enough in real time.

my gut would be although not too happy obv we're still good to call him down (presumably we can assume he would at least some of the time raise hands like AA, JJ, AJ and 77 to help our case) but i'm interested to see how the other guys approach it and what they come with up from Pokerstove
    Last edited by bustamoves; 11-03-12, 03:27.

Comment

One thought I had during the hand was, I really don't think this guy would be bluffing me here; but I also don't think he would slowplay a hand either. I'm not as sure about the second sentiment as the first.

Comment

Preflop two players limped before he acted on btn, so I rule out JJ to AA. Small pairs and A.j are the obv worry.
        You've made the question awkward by ruling out bluffs and semi-bluffs!

Think there is some chance that he might be an A.x player who didn't like the flush draw on the flop but waited till turn when other player folded to raise to protect his top pair.

Pot is 24, you have to call 8.5, so think I'm leaning toward a call now but that is going to lead to question of what we do on river. If we improve [from two pair to house], great, if we don't I think check the river and ....

Comment

HJ, whats his PFR%? we need this figure in a spot like this to determine his limping/iso range. Also is he usually passive post flop?

If his pfr% is pretty high then, he is a reg and it is very unlikely he has AJ+ here, if its less than 10% then there is a chance he would limp AJ,AA or JJ.

So if his pfr % < 10% Im going to add some slow played hands in here, especially if you are an active preflop raiser at the table which you in all probability are, as some fish love limp reraising JJ+,AQ.

I think I wince fold here as I remember from games like those that they only ever raise turn with strong made hands like top 2 or better, so expect 55,77, JJ, AA,AJ more often then 75, J7s, J5s etc.. and you are 65-35% dog v that range.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

1,056 games 0.000 secs 211,200 games/sec

Board: Ac 7c 5d Jh
          Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
          Hand 0: 34.375% 25.19% 09.19% 266 97.00 { As7h }
          Hand 1: 65.625% 56.44% 09.19% 596 97.00 { AA, JJ, 77, 55, AJs, A7s, A5s, AJo, A7o, A5o }

Also just to note, it seems that you were having a friendly conversation with the villian here so that probably makes it less likely that he was making a play on you...

Comment

I have no idea what his PFR is, I'm not using a HUD and I haven't been paying attention (expert combo!)

I think the hand is hard only if I can't rule out bluffs/semi bluffs. But the only hand I'm scared of is AJ really; would he limp that?

I 3bet the hand and got it in vs AJ. Afterwards I thought maybe I could fold, or call/reevaluate river might be a better plan.

Comment

call-reeval > folding > shoving imo. If we're behind there are a few decent river cards that might slow down action or allow us to get away when villain continues, but right now our hand is far too strong to fold, and I highly doubt our shove gets called by worse enough to be profitable.
              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                But the only hand I'm scared of is AJ really; would he limp that?
                Only seen this hand now. But while reading the OP and the first few comments I thought pretty much along the above lines.
                He bets 55, 77, JJ, AA pre most all the time. And he bets Aj some of the time.
                A7 beats his range here. I'd expect to see A5 more than AJ.

That said. I'd flat call turn and prob c/c river.
                Want to keep the bottom of his range in play.

Comment

Yeah, and he might even be nice and bet small/check it down

Comment

Working...
                  X