X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€1-€1-€3 plo

Background Info:

Last round of the table for the night.
    I have just doubled up 2 hands earlier from the player on the button in this hand.

Stack sizes:

Player A (SB) : €650
    Player B (Me) : €250
    Player C (Btn) : €100

Player A and C are both gamblers, both LAGs.
    Player A is in for roughly half his stack.
    Player C is in for about €300 and chasing.
    Player C when raising seldom folds to re-raises, usually wants to get the money in and gamble.

Game is €1-€1 optional live €3

4 handed

I'm on the straddle.

Btn Calls €3
    SB calls €3
    BB folds
    Me Check - KcKh8c5d

Pot size €10

Flop Ks 7h Js

Sb Checks, I check, Btn Bets €10.

(I check here because I'm sure the button will bet as he is tilting from doubling me up.)

SB raises to €30.

My action?
    Do You Voodoo? Why not become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

Originally posted by Voodoo Paul View Post
    Background Info:

Last round of the table for the night.
    I have just doubled up 2 hands earlier from the player on the button in this hand.

Stack sizes:

Player A (SB) : €650
    Player B (Me) : €250
    Player C (Btn) : €100

Player A and C are both gamblers, both LAGs.
    Player A is in for roughly half his stack.
    Player C is in for about €300 and chasing.
    Player C when raising seldom folds to re-raises, usually wants to get the money in and gamble.

Game is €1-€1 optional live €3

4 handed

I'm on the straddle.

Btn Calls €3
    SB calls €3
    BB folds
    Me Check - KcKh8c5d

Pot size €10

Flop Ks 7h Js

Sb Checks, I check, Btn Bets €10.

(I check here because I'm sure the button will bet as he is tilting from doubling me up.)

SB raises to €30.

My action?
    Is this a serious question?
    Fold so many times the nuts change on the turn

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
      Is this a serious question?
      Fold so many times the nuts change on the turn
      Is this a serious answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        If you dont know that you should be pressing the POT button 100% of the time here, especially given that you are less then 100bb deep, then you probably shhouldnt play PLO.

This was an interesting hand for me, because of the other 2 players.

Maybe its standard or obv for you just to pot it with the set, as the draws can kill me on the turn. If player A has a big drawing hand where he's possibly favourite against my hand and He'll be looking to get it in.
        I've played with him enough to know if he's strong or not.
        His mannerisms, speech, actions were totally different to when he has a strong hand.

I know the btn can steam off the last of his stack given the opportunity.
        He will bluff a lot of the time here.

I'm thinking that If I flat call I get the button to push the pot button.
        I'm looking to get the 2 of them to put money in.
        If I pot it its likely he won't.

I'm was just looking for alternative actions based on the other players.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

You really have to shove here. You've been tricky enough already with the check. Player A is prob thinking the same as you and wants the tilty player to get it all in on the flop too. Therefore, his hand range, whilst including the monster draw that may just be ahead of you, also has to include the other sets, top pair with open-ender and two-pair. Get it in and take the easy 100 from tilty man and accept the race if there is one from the big stack.

Played this last night and was trying to work out who others are. My guess from where I remember seats is that Emers Guy hopped in to the Omaha game as no idea who at that table apart from Andrew, who was on your left, could have spun up to 650. Love when these games get going - even the beats that follow!
          Last edited by NuckChorris; 27-05-10, 13:45. Reason: spelling

Comment

Only mess about playing small stakes omaha online but would pre-flop not be a raise With AA or KK (one suit and no connectors) or is this a standard check?

Comment

drag slider as far right as it can go and click pot -- easy

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                You really have to shove here. You've been tricky enough already with the check. Player A is prob thinking the same as you and wants the tilty player to get it all in on the flop too. Therefore, his hand range, whilst including the monster draw that may just be ahead of you, also has to include the other sets, top pair with open-ender and two-pair. Get it in and take the easy 100 from tilty man and accept the race if there is one from the big stack.

Played this last night and was trying to work out who others are. My guess from where I remember seats is that Emers Guy hopped in to the Omaha game as no idea who at that table apart from Andrew, who was on your left, could have spun up to 650. Love when these games get going - even the beats that follow!
                Andrew was the button with the €100. The other player is a swarthy foreign chap.

Originally posted by ghostface ste
                Only mess about playing small stakes omaha online but would pre-flop not be a raise With AA or KK (one suit and no connectors) or is this a standard check?
                It depends.

I have raised pots in position with these hands- Nuck will back this up. Hands that are calling are wide but hitting.
                One example: I raise to €20 pre flop with Ah7hAsKs and get called in 2 spots. Flop comes 2 4 5 rainbow. Nuck and other player go at it. I fold.
                Winning hand is AK63 no suits against Nucks smaller straight. Nuck calls when he picks up the heart out on the turn.

Most of the time people are raising it is with AA or KK and are playing their hands face up.
                I'd rather raise with connecting hands and play bad Aces or Kings slowly. If I hit I get paid. If not I get away cheap.
                A lot of the players in this game don't play omaha and really over-rate hands. They get tied to big pairs and overplay them, call with 2 pair on a str8/flsh board etc.

I was in a similar position with Nuck a few weeks ago and it all went in on the flop. My Nuts-top set- against his monster outs. I always re-visit same situations and if I'm not favourite but ahead I don't think its always right to get it in. Like I said, for me, it depends.
                There's more to it than shove and flip a coin.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  Pretty shitty KK OOP a fine check

Comment

Andrew was the button with the €100. The other player is a swarthy foreign chap.

It depends.

I have raised pots in position with these hands- Nuck will back this up. Hands that are calling are wide but hitting.
                    One example: I raise to €20 pre flop with Ah7hAsKs and get called in 2 spots. Flop comes 2 4 5 rainbow. Nuck and other player go at it. I fold.
                    Winning hand is AK63 no suits against Nucks smaller straight. Nuck calls when he picks up the heart out on the turn.

Most of the time people are raising it is with AA or KK and are playing their hands face up.
                    I'd rather raise with connecting hands and play bad Aces or Kings slowly. If I hit I get paid. If not I get away cheap.
                    A lot of the players in this game don't play omaha and really over-rate hands. They get tied to big pairs and overplay them, call with 2 pair on a str8/flsh board etc.

I was in a similar position with Nuck a few weeks ago and it all went in on the flop. My Nuts-top set- against his monster outs. I always re-visit same situations and if I'm not favourite but ahead I don't think its always right to get it in. Like I said, for me, it depends.
                    There's more to it than shove and flip a coin.
                    shoving and flipping coins is pretty sweet -you have to admit

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
                      shoving and flipping coins is pretty sweet -you have to admit
                      If you run like you Yes. If gamble hates you not so much.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the check pre. Hard to find a flop you'll like with weak Kings and weak Aces and these guys don't fold any 4 cards pre.

You need to pot it now though. Let the drooler hang himself and embrace the variance vs the other guys draw.

Comment

Not much else to add really
                          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I always re-visit same situations and if I'm not favourite but ahead I don't think its always right to get it in.
                            40% is a hell of a lot of equity imo.
                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                              If you run like you Yes. If gamble hates you not so much.
                              If gamble hates you, don't play PLO.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Calling here is the worst option imo.

If you did opt. to call, your perceived hand range will be mostly draws. On a blank turn assuming both players hold draws, if you then check once more, it will often get checked around, giving both players a free card.

When one or both players hold two pair/set combos the action will slow down on alot of turn cards.

If you had position you could credibly call here and it would be good to balance your hand range but I still don't like it on such a draw heavy flop. Maybe do this 10% of the time in this spot but again, i'd prefer to be in position and HU to start calling for range balancing.

What really sucks the most about calling is when you hit the card you want to hit i.e boating up/hitting quads, most of the time you won't get anymore action. The best you can hope for is to get paid on a small river vb.

The positives in shoving far outweigh the negatives in calling.

You have a shot at getting it in good in a 3 way all in scenario whereby calling and taking it to the turn siginificantly reduces the chance of getting it in 3 way.
                                Last edited by Samba; 15-06-10, 09:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X