Cheltenham 2019 Tipping Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Bohsman would be well clear if Wicklow Brave hadda held on. Illness!
    That horse again. Would've won me this thing a couple of years ago if it hadn't been backed in from 33s to 25s.

Comment

Comment

scores incoming....

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Day 2 Leaderboard

Rounders still sits miles clear of the field and might even lap a few at this rate:

Comment

Former dual champion Sitch consigned to the glue factory, together with former champ nicnic and indeed dual Aintree champ Eoghan104.

Such are the vicissitudes of this game.

In fairness Sitch deserves it:

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Hardy Eustace, Sprinter Sacre, Moscow Flyer, The Situation.

What have these 4 legends got in common?

SPOILER
            By about 5pm on March 15th they'll all have been 3 times Cheltenham winners.

Comment

Splendid isolation

NO real movers out of the pack at all to challenge the front runner:

Comment

KevIRL putting in a staunch performance for one so overwhelmingly outclassed.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by elbows; 14-03-19, 07:29.
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Last edited by rounders123; 14-03-19, 09:22.

Comment

Jaysis, that musta been backed off the boards.
                        I'd love to see what Justin Carty's book looked like and how he reconciled it with his private wagers.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Bit early to be protecting the lead
                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              What does '-' mean in the balance? Rebuy?
                              It means 'one for next time, never travelling, pulled up early'.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Comment

Third time lucky for puremagpie, wp.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                            Bit early to be protecting the lead
                                            Short head from me & Bohsman reeling him in with an outsider arrow.

As a chasing group once said "She has to be lucky every time, we only gotta get lucky once"

Its a comin'

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Short head from me & Bohsman reeling him in with an outsider arrow.

As a chasing group once said "She has to be lucky every time, we only gotta get lucky once"

Its a comin'
                                              Day 3 is when the shit gets real.

I've backed a 14/1 winner already for tomorrow so I'm counting my implied loot as we speak.

Comment

Collective bank still 22,018 from a starting position of 33,000.

Plenty of arrows left in the quiver although, to be fair to the leader, he has serenely dodged them all day and cantered away at his own pace.

Comment

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 14-03-19, 08:20.

Comment

Mike Bullocks doing it deliberately I suspect.

Comment

Comment

Me when Wiclow got short headed

Comment

Comment

Third time lucky for puremagpie, wp.
                                                            Was bolixed after that effort. Got there in the end though =)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Morning Richie, morning everybody and welcome.

We await the third day's play in this enthralling renewal. Sentimental favourite rounders123 has gone off like Desert Orchid in his prime and leads the field by nearly a fence after half a circuit. The sapping going underfoot could take its toll on the race leader though, despite his conversion to a new training regime and diet this season. A host of challengers are buried away in the pack and I suspect the outcome of our second race will go a long way to deciding the destiny of this year's title. Stay tuned for developments throughout the day. Is that a pigeon, I swear it is....

Shrraaaaaaaap the Dirty Froggie Burglar will be endeavouring to rob me blind again. Out of principle, I will stand the bet myself.

This will not stand.

Comment

Morning Richie, morning everybody and welcome.

We await the third day's play in this enthralling renewal. Sentimental favourite rounders123 has gone off like Desert Orchid in his prime and leads the field by nearly a fence after half a circuit. The sapping going underfoot could take its toll on the race leader though, despite his conversion to a new training regime and diet this season. A host of challengers are buried away in the pack and I suspect the outcome of our second race will go a long way to deciding the destiny of this year's title. Stay tuned for developments throughout the day. Is that a pigeon, I swear it is....

Shrraaaaaaaap the Dirty Froggie Burglar will be endeavouring to rob me blind again. Out of principle, I will stand the bet myself.

This will not stand.

what odds you giving me on monalee?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                            what odds you giving me on monalee?
                                                                            1/6 would be the morally correct odds after your breaking and entering

or SP, your choice

Comment

1/6 would be the morally correct odds after your breaking and entering

or SP, your choice
                                                                              SP it is.

50 on monalee to win

Comment

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 14-03-19, 13:00.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

sigpic
                                                                                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

...Day 3 starting balance- 525...

...Selections...

...Day 3 ending balance- 4650...

Comment

Collective bank still 22,018 from a starting position of 33,000.

Plenty of arrows left in the quiver although, to be fair to the leader, he has serenely dodged them all day and cantered away at his own pace.
                                                                                        I might just fill the lungs and even taking a lead from something going into the final day might have its advantages as its an awful long way to be out on your own. Absolutely need to keep lepping well but it was another day I've eaten up afterwards so I'm hopeful.

Comment

Comment

Hoping to go into tomorrow looking like:

While fully accepting I'm looking a bit like this at the moment:

Comment

Mormon NR in R2

Comment

Out Sam NR in R7

Mike Bullocks - over to you

Comment

New Approach cutting it very fine and no sign of SatNav with her sole ante...

Comment

very last minute switch, if its not locked and loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      very last minute switch
                                                                                                      ah, the auld switcheroo

often leads to:

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        very last minute switch, if its not locked and loaded
                                                                                                        I like that you tried to have 200 on the one pick, you sly fox

Comment

I'll give New Approach an opportunity to make a guest appearance.

In the meantime, here's the picks in the first:

Comment

One of the benefits of me broadcasting in glorious technicolour is that you get the full benefit of my immense wisdom in the field of equine achievement.

I can therefore tell you all that none of you clowns have picked the winner of the first race - Lostintranslation is an absolute cert.

'Why?' I hear your confused little faces ask.

Scarlett, that's why.

Comment

Can't ever forget Mengli Khan running out at Leops - tear up those dockets lads.

Comment

LOCKED AND LOADED

Comment

Out Sam NR in R7

Mike Bullocks - over to you
                                                                                                                  Boo. Measureofmydreams or sp fav in the last depending on judge NR

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                    Boo. Measureofmydreams or sp fav in the last depending on judge NR
                                                                                                                    You're on Measureofmydreams, GL.

Jamie God on board too, which can't hurt.

Comment

Balls!

Comment

Can't ever forget Mengli Khan running out at Leops - tear up those dockets lads.
                                                                                                                        He's the one I took out and there us a fair punt going on him

Comment

If I’m not too late (and understand if they can’t be taken!)

Sorry for tardiness!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X