No announcement yet.

Darts Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any surprises expected in the Prem League?

MVG, Anderson, Wright, Taylor, Lewis, Barney, Chisnall, Wade

2 from Klassen, Huybrechts? Maybe Smith, Sulyovic? Surely not!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Any surprises expected in the Prem League?

MVG, Anderson, Wright, Taylor, Lewis, Barney, Chisnall, Wade

2 from Klassen, Huybrechts? Maybe Smith, Sulyovic? Surely not!

Klassen and hybrechts the last 2. Taylor not in top 4 and a sky wildcard pick. Hearn said Gurney was close to getting in

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Klassen and hybrechts the last 2. Taylor not in top 4 and a sky wildcard pick. Hearn said Gurney was close to getting in
        That's a high quality quick pick 10. Thank fuck the days of Hamilton and Thornton being bandied about are long gone!

Comment

Gurney losing out purely cause norn iron is smaller than Belgium. He'd spank Huybrechts most weeks.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
              Gurney losing out purely cause norn iron is smaller than Belgium. He'd spank Huybrechts most weeks.
              Not saying he had a worse year than Huybrechts, but does he need more than 1 final under his belt before he's a top 10 player?

I think Alan Norris will be a shoe-in for next season, and Suljovic could be knocking on the door too if he can pick up the pace a little. Think this year almost picked itself, but these 2, Gurney and Van da Pas will all be close for next year, so it could be an interesting race for Premier League 2018, and that's not counting if Smith, Bunting or other guys can find some form.

Comment

Guerney did himself no favours with his antics against Webster. Thought Van de Pas was in with a shout.

Comment

Not saying he had a worse year than Huybrechts, but does he need more than 1 final under his belt before he's a top 10 player?

I think Alan Norris will be a shoe-in for next season, and Suljovic could be knocking on the door too if he can pick up the pace a little. Think this year almost picked itself, but these 2, Gurney and Van da Pas will all be close for next year, so it could be an interesting race for Premier League 2018, and that's not counting if Smith, Bunting or other guys can find some form.
                  Gurney is better off not being in it and learning the big stage for another year. Look what happened Klassen who was a world champ by beating barney.

Last person to beat MVG on stage is Gurney. He's T20 machine and has big checkouts in his locker. Huybrechts slightly better big finisher but Gurney imo is a slightly better version of him and isn't that kind of player not meant to be a "premier league" player that they shite on about? Gurney also knows he has to improve and isn't all about my time will come I'll do what I always do, Kim shouts more about his big scores than his legs won. Hearn treats the PL as growing the market, wants to be grow into Holland, Germany, Belgium and is doing that already. That's why Kim is there and Suljvoic won't be. I reckon he'd be a cult hero if he got the call up and would do damage.

Cristo Reyes is another who could have a big year. People like Bunting and Smith want to be great but wait for it to come to them as they are happy earning a good living playing darts. The lads who aren't from England and basically sacrifice a chunk of their lives quitting work, travelling, spending anything they win to make it want it more and get better in the process.

Kyle Anderson, Devon Peterson, Jeff Smith, Cadby, Max Hopp and probably countless Asians would be world class if they lived in a council estate in stoke. Unfortunately that's darts. It's a pub game fighting a long battle to become a worldwide sport but it's winning.

Comment

Just realised the BDO is on Channel 4 this year. Shit darts with shit ads. Ugh!

Comment

Suljovic not an option, has never signed the pre-contract that the PDC send to the Top16 players in the middle of December.
                      Says the PL would be too disruptive to family life, would entail too much away time and (interestingly) doesn't think it would be cash positive for him.

He seems focussed on maintaining his ranking around 9-12 and the base income that gives rather than 9 weeks being mullered in the PL and a subsequent plummet down the rankings like has happened to others.

Good interview.

Mensur Suljovic has revealed that he has spoken to the PDC to confirm that he does not want to be considered for a Premier League place in 2017. In an exclusive interview with Josh’s Dartistr…

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        Suljovic not an option, has never signed the pre-contract that the PDC send to the Top16 players in the middle of December.
                        Says the PL would be too disruptive to family life, would entail too much away time and (interestingly) doesn't think it would be cash positive for him.

He seems focussed on maintaining his ranking around 9-12 and the base income that gives rather than 9 weeks being mullered in the PL and a subsequent plummet down the rankings like has happened to others.

Good interview.

https://joshsdartistry.wordpress.com...ue-invitation/
                        That's a class interview. I hope that man makes loads over the next few years.

He'd clean up on the exhibition scene in Ireland and the UK but doubt he'd do it.

Comment

Do the players make appearance fees at PL or everything based on the prize money? Bigger sponsorship deals presumably and youd expect travel costs would be covered?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                            Do the players make appearance fees at PL or everything based on the prize money? Bigger sponsorship deals presumably and youd expect travel costs would be covered?
                            Nope.

If you've a sponsor you'd make appearances but that's usually bookies or poxy things like paint or ladder companies recently.

You'd get a few hundred per sponsor on your shirt anytime you get on TV. Most lads room together unless they are top 8 and can comfortably afford a 3 star room for a week, every second week.

The real side money is touring pubs for a couple weeks and doing exhibitions every night. Anything from 1k to 2k a night depending on who you are. Taxman never finds out either.

Comment

BDO

Scott Waites @12/1 an option?

Favourite crushing the scene and going to PDC if he wins apparently.

Waites on the other hand, fannies about all year and then wins the worlds seems to be his MO

Comment

Could be a good time to oppose Miss Dobromyslova. 8.15pm

Last edited by rounders123; 10-01-17, 20:56. Reason: EDIT: I should have remembered that mares run better in foal!

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                  Could be a good time to oppose Miss Dobromyslova. 8.15pm

^^^ I liked her odds of 8/15, but it was a tough match. Standard was pretty decent in that one tbh.

I had a chunky 11/1 accumulator on the darts, and logged in expected to see $$$$ in my account, and presumed it wasn't paid yet. I've just realised that fucking Deta Hedman of all people let me down. The cunt was a 1/7 shot, and was 1 set up when i left work yesterday. Hate that b1tch

Also had Harbour at 7/2 backing up an 8/1 treble because i thought he played well in his first game, and Waites doesn't usually play well in the first round. Waites pulled some great shots out of the bag, and Harbour missed a lot of crucial doubles so wasn't much of a sweat in the end. Not clicking the big ones at all yet!

It's actually going to be a good session of darts today.

I'm giving De Vos a chance at 4/3 to beat Mitchell. De Vos played well and posted the 3rd highest average of the first round, and I just hate looking at Mitchell's punchable face, so always look for a way to back against him, and this seems like good value.

I also fancy Smith to beat Adams at 4/5. I actually don't like the price though and wouldn't be jumping all over it. Smith needs to up his game, but if he can put in a performance like last year, he can put the wolf in the cage.

Fitton v Blackwell will be who gets in when the other misses the doubles, and I don't fancy a bet on either.

Think Hughes and Durrant will both win quite comfortably tonight.

Really looking forward to Noppert v Veenstra tomorrow. That has the makings of being the best match of the round. Thought Veenstra played really well v Montgomery, and Noppert was in top form in his first round too. The winner of that is really going to have to do it the hard way if they are to make the final, with possibly Waites waiting in the next round, an then Mitchell/De Vos/Fitton in the semi.

Comment

Good standard yeah Rhian with the 141 out in leg1 and sweeping the first set 3-0 i thought she would surely win.
                                    Something about Waites but i always want to see him to get beat. Like he has a given right to win every set and acts like hes been hit from behind when he doesnt. Has a touch of class to him though, his game probably would have stepped up in the pdc but maybe not may have went the way of Dudbridge etc had he moved.

Comment

Nice easy win for Durrant. Just like I said....

Comment

Bit sick over that, had backed hogan. He's no joke and has been on PDC stage. Durrant has zero bottle. Hogan got the shakey head early so was always losing after. Adams looked solid on his throw earlier. Will be a fun tourney from here on in.

Comment

Just watched the youths final that Justin Van Tergouw is something special. He also averaged a 92 in the final which was higher that alot of the senior players I've seen this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                            Just watched the youths final that Justin Van Tergouw is something special. He also averaged a 92 in the final which was higher that alot of the senior players I've seen this week.
                                            They said it's been better than any of the 5 second round matches so far, and those games included the Number 1, 2, 4 and 5 seeds!

Comment

Fallon Sherrock carrying just a little more weight than last year. Medical problem?

Comment

No idea but that is a serious weight gain especially on the face.

Comment

A side of effect of steroids for a serious kidney ailment apparently.

Comment

Might have been only a 90 odd average but that was a super performance from Noppert. His finishing was great. Such a quick fire game too

Comment

Adams and Hughes providing a quality match with both well over 90 average and 18 '180's'

Almost like watching PDC........

Comment

Great game of arrows here between Waites and Noppert. It's not all about 100+ averages, and this is more exciting than bang bang not miss darts.

Great 144 checkout there for Waites going T18 T18 D18 with Noppert poised after already missing 5 match darts to wrap it up 5-1. Don't see Waites coming back from 4-2 though.

This is frustrating with Noppert wiring the bull twice, so at least there's still time!

Comment

Wow, Durrant with the 7 perfect darts in the first leg of the match!

I have a piece of both of these guys outright, so the only bet i'm on for this is a 170 checkout at 10/1 again. We could see 13 sets, and both players like to leave that outshot.

Comment

Taylor confirms this is his last year

Comment

That's a class interview. I hope that man makes loads over the next few years.

He'd clean up on the exhibition scene in Ireland and the UK but doubt he'd do it.
                                                              Loving Mensurs new throw (no weird body contortion and no delay between darts), hope he sticks with it and I no longer have to ff through his games.

Comment

Reckon he is pissed he didn't get to premier league and speeding up as a fek you. If he play like that before he would be in imho

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                  Reckon he is pissed he didn't get to premier league and speeding up as a fek you. If he play like that before he would be in imho

Good interview.

https://joshsdartistry.wordpress.com...ue-invitation/

Comment

Gotta love that man. He takes a random route that nobody else chasing what he is would and then he goes and changes it up to be more like everyone else and looks the part still.

Potential legend.

Comment

The most boring two 9-darters in the same match you'll ever see by MVG earlier today

HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE | TWO NINE DARTERS FROM MICHAEL VAN GERWEN! 🙌🏼 🙌🏼 🙌🏼Michael van Gerwen creates history in Wigan as he becomes only the second pla...

Comment

Gets 2 nine-darters, and still remembers at the end of the match to complain about his opponent walking across his eye-line.
                                                                        Gotta love that level of dedicated cuntishness. MVG.

Comment

We all wanted a sport without Taylor, we got a brand new Taylor.

Comment

We all wanted a sport without Taylor, we got a brand new Taylor.
                                                                            Minus being a complete and utter wanker, I'll settle for that!

Comment

Mvg charges fans for autographs. I've been around him. Thinks he's Messi. Granted he hasn't touched women cause he can, trump style, like Taylor, but he's still a cunt.

Comment

Mvg charges fans for autographs. I've been around him. Thinks he's Messi. Granted he hasn't touched women cause he can, trump style, like Taylor, but he's still a cunt.
                                                                                I'm still sour over backing the cunt for many years when he was a 17 and telling people that was going to crush and he never did. He doesn't fiddle with kids though, so he'll never be a Taylor.

Comment

I was playing in a pub in Toronto a few days ago and got talking to a local guy who plays league here and he was saying that some of the top players in the league here are Irish but he can't understand how, for a country where the game is pretty big, there's nobody really on the professional scene apart from Dolan. And Gurney I suppose. Is there anybody else, or even any prospects that might make the break through? I thought it was an interesting point, I hadn't really thought about it before

Comment

Originally posted by Delooners View Post
                                                                                    I was playing in a pub in Toronto a few days ago and got talking to a local guy who plays league here and he was saying that some of the top players in the league here are Irish but he can't understand how, for a country where the game is pretty big, there's nobody really on the professional scene apart from Dolan. And Gurney I suppose. Is there anybody else, or even any prospects that might make the break through? I thought it was an interesting point, I hadn't really thought about it before
                                                                                    It costs so much money to travel to shit holes like Wigan and Stoke constantly so you can spend more money travelling to the continent to try take on the best players in the world. You need a sponsor and to practice lots. The biggest thing that holds people back is the fact that darts in Ireland is run by clowns and the league and county system is BDO affiliated. PDC is where people need to be. Up until a few years ago you were banned from league and county if you tried to make it in the PDC.

There is Dolan, Gurney, Mansell, McGowan, O'Connor and Lennon on the tour at the moment I think. Lennon is a young talented lad who got a sponsor and won a card last month. Mansell won his back. Gurney is a hot prospect, Dolan solid but on the downslope. O'Connor looks like he will never live up to his potential and will fall away. McGowan is a very talented player who was very ill for a few years, won't be a world beater but will grind a career.

When it comes to prospects there is literally 100s of them from 10 years old up. Serious talents. It's annoying how good the little cunts are. Darts isn't a big money fueled sport so these talents don't go all the way 99 times out of 100.

Comment

It costs so much money to travel to shit holes like Wigan and Stoke constantly so you can spend more money travelling to the continent to try take on the best players in the world. You need a sponsor and to practice lots. The biggest thing that holds people back is the fact that darts in Ireland is run by clowns and the league and county system is BDO affiliated. PDC is where people need to be. Up until a few years ago you were banned from league and county if you tried to make it in the PDC.

There is Dolan, Gurney, Mansell, McGowan, O'Connor and Lennon on the tour at the moment I think. Lennon is a young talented lad who got a sponsor and won a card last month. Mansell won his back. Gurney is a hot prospect, Dolan solid but on the downslope. O'Connor looks like he will never live up to his potential and will fall away. McGowan is a very talented player who was very ill for a few years, won't be a world beater but will grind a career.

When it comes to prospects there is literally 100s of them from 10 years old up. Serious talents. It's annoying how good the little cunts are. Darts isn't a big money fueled sport so these talents don't go all the way 99 times out of 100.
                                                                                      Yeah I was thinking sponsorship would be one of the big barriers alright. I read an article about Richie Burnett playing in a tournament in Wigan one time, he bought himself a pot noodle for the supper but had no kettle to boil the water for it, so he drained the water from the radiator and used that. Apparently it was "brown and soily" but I'm not sure that situation is fully down to a lack of sponsorship, I'd question the intelligence behind buying pot noodles with no kettle! That's right too, I forgot about McGowan. Gurney looked decent in the worlds this year.

But I had no idea that the darts back home is BDO affiliated. That's mental. Surely it's got to be harder to produce top class darters that can compete at the top level if they're stuck to competing in the BDO where the prize money is overshadowed by the PDC. It's a pity there isn't a better structure in place for these guys.

Comment

BDO will one day accept one of the PDCs bids to buy it and Darts will flourish. Still a while away though.

Comment

Premier League is a little low key this year. A few really good games mixed in with a lot of pretty crap ones without a lot of crowd interaction, but commentators doing their usual to oversell them.

The camera guy for the first 2 weeks was also atrocious. He didn't seem to have a clue what the finishes were and missed so many outs. New guy this week doesn't even seem to be trying to zoom in on 180s or finishes. Was sure Keith Deller had the job butt he might have packed it in, because it's defo not up to standard.

Mark Dudbridge also in as a co-commentator and struggling to find his feet. First 3 weeks been like amatuer hour imo

Comment

Originally posted by Delooners View Post
                                                                                            A young guy from my area Keane Barry is a serious talent top youth in lreland and second in European championships this year, but as chd said very hard and expensive to keep going.Theres a group of those young fellas that would put darts out of people's heads but maybe one of them will make it all the way. There's a lot of obstacles in their way.
                                                                                            location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Premier League is a little low key this year. A few really good games mixed in with a lot of pretty crap ones without a lot of crowd interaction, but commentators doing their usual to oversell them.

The camera guy for the first 2 weeks was also atrocious. He didn't seem to have a clue what the finishes were and missed so many outs. New guy this week doesn't even seem to be trying to zoom in on 180s or finishes. Was sure Keith Deller had the job butt he might have packed it in, because it's defo not up to standard.

Mark Dudbridge also in as a co-commentator and struggling to find his feet. First 3 weeks been like amatuer hour imo
                                                                                              He's so boring to listen to.

Comment

First major of the season the UK Open this weekend, live on ITV4, eir and dodgybox channels.
                                                                                                No Taylor (not good enough, didn't qualify) and no MVG (back injury) so at 7/2 the field it must be as open a darts events as theres ever been since preBristow in the 70s.

Open draw all the way.

Comment

Shatter went on the radio this morning and skewered Enda.
                                                                                                  Signed his death warrant and probably knocked him off course for the European Brexit leadership role he has been angling for.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Shatter went on the radio this morning and skewered Enda.
                                                                                                    Signed his death warrant and probably knocked him off course for the European Brexit leadership role he has been angling for.
                                                                                                    Did he say anything about Peter Wrights chances of his first TV Major?

Comment

Did he say anything about Peter Wrights chances of his first TV Major?
                                                                                                      Considering he scored the 2nd highest average in the history of televised darts last night, i'd image it's pretty good. But will wait for more input from SP first

Comment

Comment

See how fun darts is without a world beater.

Comment

Paul Hogan's last two matches just a pure pleasure to watch. Something like a 71% checkout for the doubles today. They had to stop two other games on at the same time as the crowd got so big and loud. Incredible stuff and atmosphere.

Comment

Im on Gerwin Price 4/5 to bt Hogan and also Price most 180's at 1.8

Comment

That's some sea of orange at the darts. I'd say the atmosphere is unreal.

Comment

First two games tonight where pretty garbage. Barney turning on the style infront on his own fans and playing out of his skin in this one though!

Comment

Can't watch tonight. Scores on doors ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                      Can't watch tonight. Scores on doors ?
                                                                                                                      MVG 7 Complaining Cunt 4.
                                                                                                                      Lewis beat Huyrechts.
                                                                                                                      RVB beat Ando 7-2.
                                                                                                                      Wade beat Klassen.
                                                                                                                      Wright beat Chisnail.

Comment

MVG 7 Complaining Cunt 4.
                                                                                                                        Lewis beat Huyrechts.
                                                                                                                        RVB beat Ando 7-2.
                                                                                                                        Wade beat Klassen.
                                                                                                                        Wright beat Chisnail.
                                                                                                                        It's not even worth watching the rerun. Huybrechts was 3-1 up on Lewis and playing well and then Lewis complained about his stomping on the floor and as per usual when you get inside Kuybrechts head, he didn't win another leg.

Klaasen had a wrist injury and played dreadful all night and wade just rolled him over.

RVB played class tbf and brushed Anderson aside even though he was playing quite well.

Wright and Chizzy was just a shit game.

Taylor raced into a 3-0 lead but was also complaining about the floor. MVG just took it on his stride and just smashed him after that winning 5 on the spin and closing it out.

Comment

What do you make of Wright being awarded a 7-0 win on Huybrechts tonight? I know rules are rules, but 7-0 seems a little shitty when it could possibly come down to leg difference. Can't imagine that any of the chasing back are happy about it at all.

Wright 'obviously' said that he would rather play him again at a later date, and that would probably be closer to the preferred option for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X