Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
    Can anyone recommend pubs in Dublin that do really good platters, that would also have some decent vegetarian options?
    Bump...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      ah cool. Must be just a random Paul I'm following.
      Is he interesting at least?

Like a lot of people who have to deal with Twitter, Facebook as part of their daily work I have increasingly little interest in contributing to social media in my spare time! I practically never browse any social media channels anymore, have zero interest in reading other people's thoughts and musings, complete waste of my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        @IT nerds and geekoids.

I'll actually get a room to myself in the new gaff. Clearly the main activities taking place there will be punting, drinking etc but I will probably do the odd bit of work too. Want to get a decent home office setup with dual monitors (I remote into my VDI) - what's the recommended setup these days?

I have a shitty HP laptop that I'd be quite happy to chuck in the bin. Buy a better laptop or a desktop? Is there still such things as docking stations? Help plz - don't need massive computing power as it's VDI.

TY in advance.
        A Surface is the job if you need to move around at all (great for punting in front to the tv) , you can get a docking station and connect a couple on monitors. I've recently changed from 2 monitors to a single 4k larger one and i prefer that but thats down to taste.
        sigpic
        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Beat: up at 3am

Brag: off to Vegas for 7 nights

Variance: TBC

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Gave em up 18 months ago. No vaping/patches/gum just the plain ol gambooling way....

I'm off them till Christmas (about 6 months at the time) I win €20, I have one - you win €2k.
            That's brilliant, I think I might have to try this method!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              People keep making these points as if they are fact because the future dictates the past and because new areas of employment have sprung up which we couldn't have imagined 10 years the same will happen again. Many would argue that it is much more likely that won't happen this time around unless we unlock some potential in the brain that we are currently not using
              What do you mean "this time around"? That makes it sound as if these new job sprung up once, 10/20 years ago, to get us out of a hole. But when in reality it's been happening for 1,000s of years.

The Romans had a standing army of nearly 500,000. The plebs probably couldn't imagine what they would do the fighting stopped, and population grew. But technology and society advanced, all sorts of service and industrial job emerged.
              The industrial revolution probably brought similar fears of automation - because they couldn't imagine how society would look in the 1900's.
              The % of people in different working environments changes constantly. I don't see why it should suddenly stop

Comment

Bump...
                really good platters
                Is that even possible ?
                Bison maybe
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

@IT nerds and geekoids.

I'll actually get a room to myself in the new gaff. Clearly the main activities taking place there will be punting, drinking etc but I will probably do the odd bit of work too. Want to get a decent home office setup with dual monitors (I remote into my VDI) - what's the recommended setup these days?

I have a shitty HP laptop that I'd be quite happy to chuck in the bin. Buy a better laptop or a desktop? Is there still such things as docking stations? Help plz - don't need massive computing power as it's VDI.

TY in advance.
                  I got this in the office which is good for my needs. two screens and laptop screen for "research"
                  Compare instant savings on all PC & Laptop Accessories for the best monitors, keyboards, hard drives, and more. Shop from the official Dell store now!
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Bump...
                    I'd imagine Tara is your girl here for veggie options
                    At a guess, Mulligans?
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                      Rugby experts. Thoughts?

http://nzh.tw/12200842
                      Everyone does it (including NZ no doubt).

I'd love to see touch judges calling it, penalties given and a sin bin for the third offence. Won't happen though and attacking teams just need to find clever ways round\through\over the line.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Oh yeah, a small dumb thing for home office. A clasp/holder to attach my cell phone to a monitor. Most of my calls are on a mobile video app called Jabber.

Any ideas where I'd find one?

Comment

Oh yeah, a small dumb thing for home office. A clasp/holder to attach my cell phone to a monitor. Most of my calls are on a mobile video app called Jabber.

Any ideas where I'd find one?
                          i use jabber as well. i just have a bluetooth headset to connect it. why do you need to attach the mobile to a monitor?

Comment

This is at the crux of the argument that BP was questioning. If automation leads to high levels of unemployment then how do we cope with that as a society? Another form of distribution is needed at that point through other methods than work. I think Musk talks about having a Tax on automation and the living wage. From the little I have looked into that, it would be a disaster for society as you would further concentration of wealth in areas while providing a baseline living for the majority of society.

Opr
                            This sort of future is tentatively looked at in "the expanse" series of novels. Its not really deeply covered and frankly the tv show probably actually does a slightly better job of portraying living on "basic" than the books do.

You mentioned one trial going on. There are a huge number of them all around the world at this stage. So I guess the best thing is to see what data comes out of them. A few people on Reddit who are part of them have done AMA's.

Opr
                            Any links? Search seems broken/fail for me!
                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                              i use jabber as well. i just have a bluetooth headset to connect it. why do you need to attach the mobile to a monitor?
                              Because it eats battery, so I need to keep it charging...but then it falls over.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                This sort of future is tentatively looked at in "the expanse" series of novels. Its not really deeply covered and frankly the tv show probably actually does a slightly better job of portraying living on "basic" than the books do.

Any links? Search seems broken/fail for me!

Worth a read if interested in the topic

Comment

Ouch

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Because it eats battery, so I need to keep it charging...but then it falls over.
                                    I use a tetrax magnetic holder I got in halfords for the car, you can buy extra holders for use around the house and in the office. Only thing missing is a holder that combines a wireless charger.

Cam offers a complete range of product of load carrier feed and bars, roof boxes and bike carriers that help you to have all you need for your activities when you travel on the road

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-02-19, 13:39.
                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

All the current noises on brexit seem to be heading towards some sort of mild ineffectual appeasement on the backstop that the 'rebels' will then pretend is a victory and the original agreement will therefore be signed. Plus ca change...
                                        I can't see any version of brexit happening without a de facto trade border in the Irish sea that does not lead to (us being shafted into accepting) some sort a 32 county EU territory in the short to medium term.

However that plays out be it shared sovereignty or whatever the DUP assclowns will be able to sell that keeps them going it will be a poorer outcome for NI than the best of both worlds deal they have already refused out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                          Ouch

The Beeb reporting it accurately

Comment

Just say leo was on the podium too there

cut off just as he said, but you are right of course

Comment

Sammy taking it well

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Sammy taking it well
                                                What's the Trident reference about? Aquaman?
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Sammy taking it well
                                                  Too much bible
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

I'd imagine Tara is your girl here for veggie options
                                                      At a guess, Mulligans?
                                                      I sure am for that side of things but alas(?) I do not dine anywhere that serves platters.

@IT nerds and geekoids.

TY in advance.
                                                      Personally I have both but it sounds like you just need a laptop with a dock and a couple of monitors (with desk or wall mounts a necessity for wow factor)/mechanical keyboard/cool looking mouse, mahogany desk and a Hermin Miller Aeron. That way you can at least travel with your laptop.
                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-02-19, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        plus ça change
                                                        The logic applied by the first interviewee here is a bit special

Also the Irish woman half way through I'd say she was reared not too far from Kildare

plus ça change
                                                        Dude!

Yep, came in to post that too.
                                                        Twice in 2 days, DP feeling the effects of lack of sleep i'd guess

Comment

Comment

Dude!

Yep, came in to post that too.

you are aware I can see what was there originally right ?

Comment

Comment

Bump...
                                                                Taphouse Ranelagh have decent platters with a couple of veggie options.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Any good replacements for Reddit soccer streams?

Comment

Top parenting tip.

If you let your 7 year old brush your 3 year olds teeth.

Make sure they turned the tap off afterwards.
                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                          Reddit Rugby streams

Comment

Check out the Soccer YouKnowWhat community on Discord - hang out with 181840 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

Comment

May Day part XXX.

In which our hero traipses off to ask powerful enemies to help her out of her troubles, in some vaguely unspecified manner.

Guaranteed to end well.

Comment

Equine flu outbreak in UK. Pray for Cheltenham.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

As someone who has never been to Dalymount Park, would turning up in a Harps Jersey next Friday cause you trouble or generally good natured? Same applies to Richmond Park ?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                    As someone who has never been to Dalymount Park, would turning up in a Harps Jersey next Friday cause you trouble or generally good natured? Same applies to Richmond Park ?
                                                                                    Lol you big wuss, LOI ultras are a joke , it’s not Galatasaray or Lazio you’re talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                      Very good natured. In general around Europe people in jerseys are let get on with it while the ultras have their uniforms and meeting places for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                        Equine flu outbreak in UK. Pray for Cheltenham.
                                                                                        The five Elliot had at Ayr hadn't got home so got sent to a satellite yard. With the amount of horses and people coming and going it going to be very difficult to stop it breaking out here if there is a strain that the vaccines aren't catching.

The radio said there were Irish runners at Ludlow yesterday, I'm missing who that was

Comment

Hey all, hope all good.

Anyone got a contact in Ryanair customer service?
                                                                                          Ta

Comment

I’m looking for a plumber in the north kildare area. Nothing terribly urgent (need a few rads switched out and some filter systems removed). Anyone here in that game or can recommend someone? Thanks.
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

This place opened near me today

Absolutely outrageous pricing
                                                                                              €6 for toast!

Comment

Fantastic to see the GAA’s enabling and appeasement of Dublin’s financial doping is coming back to hit them in the wallet
                                                                                                Now time for revenue to make their move on the shenanigans around payments to managers under the table etc

Comment

May Day part XXX.

In which our hero traipses off to ask powerful enemies to help her out of her troubles, in some vaguely unspecified manner.

Guaranteed to end well.

Comment

This place opened near me today

Absolutely outrageous pricing
                                                                                                    €6 for toast!
                                                                                                    Last night home alone with daughter I made something akin to the Moroccan eggs on that menu it was amazingly good, she thought it may be the best thing she has ever eaten.
                                                                                                    How am I ever going to stop being such a fat bastard when I'm such a great cook

Comment

zaatar and sumac are the flavour of the gods.

Comment

Speaking of GAA im surprised I haven't seen more about that new advanced mark rule. Don't think I've ever seen a rule change in any sport more game changing(in literal sense), seems poisonous for free flowing forward play.

If its rolled out for the All Ireland the first team to exploit it properly by putting a pile of Donaghy type forwards in their side will be Dublins biggest threat in last 5 years.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                          Speaking of GAA im surprised I haven't seen more about that new advanced mark rule. Don't think I've ever seen a rule change in any sport more game changing(in literal sense), seems poisonous for free flowing forward play.

If its rolled out for the All Ireland the first team to exploit it properly by putting a pile of Donaghy type forwards in their side will be Dublins biggest threat in last 5 years.
                                                                                                          They won't be in this years championship and will have to be voted through to make it into 2020

Its gas though that no seems to have anticipated a team using it to pick off easy points from just inside the 20M

But yeah its an absolute game changing rule, haven't seen it live yet but I'd be optimistic about it.

Comment

They won't be in this years championship and will have to be voted through to make it into 2020

Its gas though that no seems to have anticipated a team using it to pick off easy points from just inside the 20M

But yeah its an absolute game changing rule, haven't seen it live yet but I'd be optimistic about it.
                                                                                                            From the little I saw of Dub Galway in background on Sat it looked horrible, closer to Aussie Rules than Gaelic now.

Genuinely think a nippy forward like Gooch Cooper wouldnt have had nearly as good a career if that rule was in place and that cant be a good thing. Anything that benifits physical abnormality over skill is a no in my book.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

I quite like the idea of awarding good quality fielding as I think it's such a great skill but at that distance it seems to offer too high a reward as it probably leads to a point >85% of the time which seems excessive.

Comment

British Parliament is obviously ridiculous but I fucking love Berscow

Comment

Last night home alone with daughter I made something akin to the Moroccan eggs on that menu it was amazingly good, she thought it may be the best thing she has ever eaten.
                                                                                                                  How am I ever going to stop being such a fat bastard when I'm such a great cook
                                                                                                                  I made Spaghetti aglio e olio the other night. I'm struggling to remember a nicer dish that is so simple. It was fucking astoundingly good.
                                                                                                                  I did throw in some pancetta as well.
                                                                                                                  under a fiver for everything and fucking brilliant.

Comment

Seems like the DUP and the Rees-Moggian wing of the Tories have been cast aside.

Backstop stays and all the political energy pivots to the future trading relationship (which, if they do it right, means the backsop never gets used).

Corbyn seems to have emerged from his bunker too.

Comment

Seems like the DUP and the Rees-Moggian wing of the Tories have been cast aside.

Backstop stays and all the political energy pivots to the future trading relationship (which, if they do it right, means the backsop never gets used).

Corbyn seems to have emerged from his bunker too.
                                                                                                                      extension incoming so

Comment

Comment

I made Spaghetti aglio e olio the other night. I'm struggling to remember a nicer dish that is so simple. It was fucking astoundingly good.
                                                                                                                          I did throw in some pancetta as well.
                                                                                                                          under a fiver for everything and fucking brilliant.
                                                                                                                          Throw it up in the recipes thread there like a good egg.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X