Cheltenham 2018 Tipping Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheltenham 2018 Tipping Competition

We're back for the fourth installment of this popular franchise.

The Roll of Honour reads as follows:
    2017 - nicnicnic hoovered up €2,150
    2016 - gazman snaffled €1,150
    2015 - The Situation scooped €1,550

Many have come to do battle in this illustrious competition, full of theory and serious study of the form. To a man (and woman) they have broken by the vagaries and vicissitudes of the famous hill. Only one can stand atop the podium, titties well-rubbed with fiddies and a glowing sense of satisfaction to sustain them to the next year's Festival. You too can be The Man.

Rules of Racing below:

Same as last year's (and every other years) version:

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool. You must pay in advance via bank transfer (PM for details if you don't have already). Don't whinge about this, everyone has online banking these days.

You are only entered when your money hits my account. My account is with AIB so if your isn't, you should probably pay 3 workings days before the off to ensure entry. AIB to AIB should be instant.
    I will pay out the prizepool immediately following the Festival to your bank account.

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Cheltenham festival (Note; this is from 14-17 March i.e. Tuesday to Friday. Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week.

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
    The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

5. All bets are at official starting prices.

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

7. I will post an updated League table each evening after the day's racing.

8. If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

9. I am a generous old bollix so all races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Happy punting
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

...I actually hate this competition, and the Aintree one as well for that matter...There have been 3 occasions in whixh I was leading going into final day but lost, Load of fucking shite...
        ...And on that bombshell, I'm in under protest...

Comment

Sent - Can't wait
          Profit before people.

Comment

In, will transfer end of month

Comment

Donation sent. As ever, tks for taking the time, comp always adds to the week.

Comment

In ill send shortly. Hopefully its not a year for favs, or ive no chance
                sigpic
                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

So having wangled myself a free week for Cheltenham this promises to be a truly epic competition this year with much regular updating\abuse.

Runners and riders already declared:

RDIII
                  Sitch
                  Dice

€150 in the pot....

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    So having wangled myself a free week for Cheltenham this promises to be a truly epic competition this year with much regular updating\abuse.

RDIII
                    Sitch
                    Dice

€150 in the pot....
                    Thought I'd sent it the other night, just checked and mustn't have hit confirm, sent now.

Comment

In and paid
                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 08-02-18, 10:01.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                        Thought I'd sent it the other night, just checked and mustn't have hit confirm, sent now.
                        See it there now

Comment

In and donation sent
                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Sent ya da ponies

Comment

Send me deets please. Looks like I have another 6 weeks before my op, so will still be working from home during Cheltenham. Might as well play then

Comment

Hatedajacks and GAB live-shipped in the Aquarium this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                  Send me deets please. Looks like I have another 6 weeks before my op, so will still be working from home during Cheltenham. Might as well play then
                                  Dispatched

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    Dispatched
                                    shipped

Comment

RDIII
                                      Sitch
                                      Dice
                                      Hatedajacks
                                      GAB
                                      nicnic
                                      Switchy
                                      Mike Bullocks

€400 in the pot....

Comment

RDIII
                                        Sitch
                                        Dice
                                        Hatedajacks
                                        GAB
                                        nicnic
                                        Switchy
                                        Mike Bullocks
                                        Shraaaaap

€450 in the pot....

Comment

Tentatively in on the proviso that somebody can forward my €50 (via paypal) to RDIII's swiss bank account

Comment

not get mine yet?
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              not get mine yet?
                                              No. Just checked the account there.

I think you had problems before? Check with your bank and I've resent you the deets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                Tentatively in on the proviso that somebody can forward my €50 (via paypal) to RDIII's swiss bank account
                                                I'll take the paypal if you want and ship a hundo to RDIII.

my username at gmail is the address

Comment

I just donated.

Comment

Shipped via bank transfer.

Comment

In please. Will ship by the weekend. I have your bank details from politics bet two years ago unless they have changed?

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                        In please. Will ship by the weekend. I have your bank details from politics bet two years ago unless they have changed?
                                                        Yes, unchanged from then.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                          I'll take the paypal if you want and ship a hundo to RDIII.

my username at gmail is the address
                                                          Shipped. Thanks mate
                                                          Horsey karma your way

Comment

Shipped 100 for me and Mellor

Comment

RDIII
                                                              Sitch
                                                              Dice
                                                              Hatedajacks
                                                              GAB
                                                              nicnic
                                                              Switchy
                                                              Mike Bullocks
                                                              Shraaaaap
                                                              DeadParrot
                                                              Strewel
                                                              New Approach

€600 in the pot....and more in the post

Comment

Was abit distracted today and misread the calendar. Thought this was starting today.
                                                                I often forget what day it came is, but that's the first time I forgot the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                  Was abit distracted today and misread the calendar. Thought this was starting today.
                                                                  I often forget what day it came is, but that's the first time I forgot the month.
                                                                  The money will be resting in my account earning 0.05% interest.

Passive income yo

Comment

Dead money in. Sent via Bank Transfer

Comment

RDIII
                                                                      Sitch
                                                                      Dice
                                                                      Hatedajacks
                                                                      GAB
                                                                      nicnic
                                                                      Switchy
                                                                      Mike Bullocks
                                                                      Shraaaaap
                                                                      DeadParrot
                                                                      Strewel
                                                                      New Approach
                                                                      KevIRL
                                                                      ionapaul

€700 in the pot....and more in the post

Impressively early shipping by all concerned.

Comment

Want to be in again this year but in the same boat as Mellor and need someone to ship RD3 the loot and I can Paypal. Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                          Want to be in again this year but in the same boat as Mellor and need someone to ship RD3 the loot and I can Paypal. Any takers?
                                                                          If not sorted by the 25th I can do it.

Comment

Just sent.

Comment

#39

RDIII
                                                                              Sitch
                                                                              Dice
                                                                              Hatedajacks
                                                                              GAB
                                                                              nicnic
                                                                              Switchy
                                                                              Mike Bullocks
                                                                              Shraaaaap
                                                                              DeadParrot
                                                                              Strewel
                                                                              New Approach
                                                                              KevIRL
                                                                              ionapaul
                                                                              Mellor
                                                                              Eoghan104
                                                                              Shano

€850 in the pot....and more in the post

Looking good for a bumper payout this year.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Based on that list we really should rename it the Cheltenham Pinsticking Competition to save all our embarrassment....

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                  Based on that list we really should rename it the Cheltenham Pinsticking Competition to save all our embarrassment....
                                                                                  has anyone ever won with shrewd bets or has there always been a winner that just binked a 33/1+ shot?

I know that's how I won anyway!

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    Your performances to date would certainly tend to validate this.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      In. For shits and giggles.

Please forward bank details.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        In.

Shipped just now from AIB.

Comment

#45

RDIII
                                                                                          Sitch
                                                                                          Dice
                                                                                          Hatedajacks
                                                                                          GAB
                                                                                          nicnic
                                                                                          Switchy
                                                                                          Mike Bullocks
                                                                                          Shraaaaap
                                                                                          DeadParrot
                                                                                          Strewel
                                                                                          New Approach
                                                                                          KevIRL
                                                                                          ionapaul
                                                                                          Mellor
                                                                                          Eoghan104
                                                                                          Shano
                                                                                          Jibzzz

€900 in the pot so far

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I'm in a donating mood today so I've just shipped the loots to you from a BOI A/c so it should be with you by Wednesday at the latest

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Optimistic of a 2k prize here.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Dummies Guide to posting your picks

So, as we should all know, I need you guys to post your daily picks as a TABLE.

Here's how:

Step 1: identify the winners of every race you're going to bet in (this is the easy bit).
                                                                                                Laugh to yourself thinking of the loots you will win and imagine the various goods and services you will purchase with your stack of freshly-minted fiddies.
                                                                                                Make sure when making these awesome selections that you adhere to Rules 3
                                                                                                (yes there are two Rule 3s, no I don't know why, now fuck off and refer to Rule 6)

Let's say we're going to back:

Race 1 - Dog Food Delight 100 Win
                                                                                                Race 2 - Never Started - 50 Each Way
                                                                                                Race 5 - Three Legged Tortoise - 50 Win
                                                                                                Race 5 - Donkey Derby - 50 Win
                                                                                                Race 7 - Reverse Gear - 25 Each Way

Step 2: open your favourite Spreadsheet application and create a list with 4 columns like the below:

Column A = Race number. Enter in the format 'R1', R2' etc
                                                                                                Column B = Horse Name. Spell it right, as per the official racecard you dyslexic scum.
                                                                                                Column C = stake
                                                                                                Column D = type of bet. Either W (win) or EW (each way). These are the only two allowable values in this data domain.

Save this spreadsheet so you can re-use it on subsequent days on your inevitable charge to glory.

Step 3: post your selection as a table in this thread:

simply copy your selections from Excel and paste into this thread. Then wrap [TABLE] tags around it like so.

Step 4: Submit your post and admire your handiwork as below

Step 5: ????Profit

If you fuck up this extremely simple task, I reserve the right to be a prick. See Rule 6.

Comment

#49

RDIII
                                                                                                  Sitch
                                                                                                  Dice
                                                                                                  Hatedajacks
                                                                                                  GAB
                                                                                                  nicnic
                                                                                                  Switchy
                                                                                                  Mike Bullocks
                                                                                                  Shraaaaap
                                                                                                  DeadParrot
                                                                                                  Strewel
                                                                                                  New Approach
                                                                                                  KevIRL
                                                                                                  ionapaul
                                                                                                  Mellor
                                                                                                  Eoghan104
                                                                                                  Shano
                                                                                                  Jibzzz
                                                                                                  Lao Lao

€950 in the pot so far

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    We smash through €1k two weeks out.

RDIII
                                                                                                    Sitch
                                                                                                    Dice
                                                                                                    Hatedajacks
                                                                                                    GAB
                                                                                                    nicnic
                                                                                                    Switchy
                                                                                                    Mike Bullocks
                                                                                                    Shraaaaap
                                                                                                    DeadParrot
                                                                                                    Strewel
                                                                                                    New Approach
                                                                                                    KevIRL
                                                                                                    ionapaul
                                                                                                    Mellor
                                                                                                    Eoghan104
                                                                                                    Shano
                                                                                                    Jibzzz
                                                                                                    Lao Lao
                                                                                                    Pat Custard
                                                                                                    Nuck Chorris

€1050 in the pot so far

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      ...

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        Glorious pay day has arrived and that money should be in your account tomorrow morning.
                                                                                                        Pay day has also arrived... Pm the bank details
                                                                                                        Edit have the bank details.
                                                                                                        Last edited by SatNav; 27-02-18, 09:19.
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          In, money sent

Comment

#54

RDIII
                                                                                                            Sitch
                                                                                                            Dice
                                                                                                            Hatedajacks
                                                                                                            GAB
                                                                                                            nicnic
                                                                                                            Switchy
                                                                                                            Mike Bullocks
                                                                                                            Shraaaaap
                                                                                                            DeadParrot
                                                                                                            Strewel
                                                                                                            New Approach
                                                                                                            KevIRL
                                                                                                            ionapaul
                                                                                                            Mellor
                                                                                                            Eoghan104
                                                                                                            Shano
                                                                                                            Jibzzz
                                                                                                            Lao Lao
                                                                                                            Pat Custard
                                                                                                            Nuck Chorris
                                                                                                            Ed

€1,100 in the pot so far

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Lodged straight in at 2.44 pm.
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                Lodged straight in at 2.44 pm.
                                                                                                                Interesting message.

Received.

Comment

#57

RDIII
                                                                                                                  Sitch
                                                                                                                  Dice
                                                                                                                  Hatedajacks
                                                                                                                  GAB
                                                                                                                  nicnic
                                                                                                                  Switchy
                                                                                                                  Mike Bullocks
                                                                                                                  Shraaaaap
                                                                                                                  DeadParrot
                                                                                                                  Strewel
                                                                                                                  New Approach
                                                                                                                  KevIRL
                                                                                                                  ionapaul
                                                                                                                  Mellor
                                                                                                                  Eoghan104
                                                                                                                  Shano
                                                                                                                  Jibzzz
                                                                                                                  Lao Lao
                                                                                                                  Pat Custard
                                                                                                                  Nuck Chorris
                                                                                                                  Ed
                                                                                                                  SatNav

€1,150 in the pot so far

Comment

#58

RDIII
                                                                                                                    Sitch
                                                                                                                    Dice
                                                                                                                    Hatedajacks
                                                                                                                    GAB
                                                                                                                    nicnic
                                                                                                                    Switchy
                                                                                                                    Mike Bullocks
                                                                                                                    Shraaaaap
                                                                                                                    DeadParrot
                                                                                                                    Strewel
                                                                                                                    New Approach
                                                                                                                    KevIRL
                                                                                                                    ionapaul
                                                                                                                    Mellor
                                                                                                                    Eoghan104
                                                                                                                    Shano
                                                                                                                    Jibzzz
                                                                                                                    Lao Lao
                                                                                                                    Pat Custard
                                                                                                                    Nuck Chorris
                                                                                                                    Ed
                                                                                                                    SatNav
                                                                                                                    BennyHiFi
                                                                                                                    Hitch

€1,250 in the pot so far

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Cool.
                                                                                                                      Next year I'll set him up with a web form to collect the entries.
                                                                                                                      just post the link there when available

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Incessant marketing has worked, monies shipped

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X