Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Join the World Cup sweep ye bums
    In obv
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

It seems the adults have removed the phone from the president's pudgy little fingers to prevent him explaining how it is crooked hillary's fault Roseanne is being misunderstood by failing fake news.
      Hopefully someone will get another burner to him before the day is over.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It seems the adults have removed the phone from the president's pudgy little fingers to prevent him explaining how it is crooked hillary's fault Roseanne is being misunderstood by failing fake news.
        Hopefully someone will get another burner to him before the day is over.

Comment

Where are the Doom merchants?

Back in the day this Italy news would have drummed up a bit of fear, no?

Serious stuff or nothing to see here?

Comment

Considering Raoul's current fallen angel invesment approach he probably has his boots filled with BTP and Greek bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
              Where are the Doom merchants?

Back in the day this Italy news would have drummed up a bit of fear, no?

Serious stuff or nothing to see here?
              It’s got a long way to go. Even if the most radical elements get elected they seem to have softened their cough. The short and medium term implications are probably quite muted. Longer term it’s concerning but you have things like Trump, tariffs and Iran to worry about more immediately. There’s a lot of money in the system looking for a yield. Some people see the Italian stuff as a buying opportunity.

More concerning is the drop in European growth levels and the Brexit impasse.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...Breaking news!!!...

...The most anticipated competition in IPB history has just been officially started...

Comment

Speaking of competitions. Has Ascot fallen off the tipping comp IPB calender? Calling RD, get your life priorities sorted.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Speaking of competitions. Has Ascot fallen off the tipping comp IPB calender? Calling RD, get your life priorities sorted.
                    ...You know yourself Sit, every forum has these blow ins that do a couple of comps, think they're important, get a real life and disappear...

Comment

Ok so I have a €1000 in free transaction credit on degiro, now to figure out wtf to buy and finally start using the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        Ok so I have a €1000 in free transaction credit on degiro, now to figure out wtf to buy and finally start using the place.
                        BTFD in Italian bonds.

Comment

Howdy folks

Back on the Rock after a few days in Donegal. Was delighted to be in Ireland on the day the result was announced. Shocked at the amount of No posters everywhere and very little yes. I heard it was a tighter vote in DL than I thought. There must be some normal people.

Everyone of my friends I saw were all Yes supporters anyway. There was a lot of chat and you did feel you needed to keep the voice down as you didn't know who was listening. My friend who owns a cafe didnt post a thing in case the folks in Donegal that were in the No camp boycotted her business!

I did enjoy the debates over the last while, I feel Jack helped keep it all going, and I am not meaning in a bad way. It is always good to see anothers thinking. Hope who ever was being a mean cunt to him just puts him on ignore and doesn't scare him away!

Had 3 child free days, which was just amazing. Murder mystery night was amazing fun. 5 course dinner and the whole act played between courses. Didn't guess the murderer right, but still had lots of fun!

Stayed at the beautiful Shandon Hotel on Monday night, the Marbles restaurant, which is newly opened was amazing. Anyone thinking of a trip should def stay here. I saw the new rooms that are opening this week. Beautiful and so affordable.
                          A relaxing day before my flight home in the Spa at the hotel Full body massage then the thermal spa. Can't beat it!

Here is the website

The views are stunning. All the original rooms (Hotel is 2 years old) have sea views. There are now a few budget rooms that look out the back which is still nice but not the sea. They are beautiful, and tbh, who cares about a sea view when you going to your pit at night!

The weather was great for the whole time I was there, my hayfever was back with a vengeance though.

Great trip but very glad to be back home on my wee rock

Comment

Anyone know where the Du Plantier house is on Google maps?

No i'm not looking to go down and turn a sad place into an attraction. Although i'm sure many have.

After listening to the Podcast, i'm just interested in how remote it was. The google maps tours attached to the Serial Podcast were cool. I'm sure a similar one to that would get a load of clicks.

Comment

Anyone know where the Du Plantier house is on Google maps?

No i'm not looking to go down and turn a sad place into an attraction. Although i'm sure many have.

After listening to the Podcast, i'm just interested in how remote it was. The google maps tours attached to the Serial Podcast were cool. I'm sure a similar one to that would get a load of clicks.
                              There's a true crime style podcast about that case? What sort of slant does it take?

I remember watching the RTE documentary about it last year and being shocked at how little evidence there seemed to be connecting Ian Bailey to it. Kept waiting for a 'gotcha' that never materialised.

Comment

Re: road bike

I'm going to spin down home to have a look at this one:

The brakes and tyres don't review particularly well but for the brakes at least upgrading the calipers sounds like a cheap and easy fix. I presume it would be similar with the tyres.

I would imagine a trek would be a bit easier to move on in a couple of months than one of the Halfords bikes or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  There's a true crime style podcast about that case? What sort of slant does it take?

I remember watching the RTE documentary about it last year and being shocked at how little evidence there seemed to be connecting Ian Bailey to it. Kept waiting for a 'gotcha' that never materialised.
                                  Yeah the 'West Cork' one. It's decent enough. Most people that have listened to it come out thinking they "Aren't sure" if Bailey done it. Result for him i suppose as the entirety of Cork think it was nailed on.

The ineptitude of the Gardai as everything unfolded should be staggering. Although not overly surprising to Irish people who have grown up with the "Woah there Horsey' Gardai.

Comment

The brakes and tyres don't review particularly well but for the brakes at least upgrading the calipers sounds like a cheap and easy fix. I presume it would be similar with the tyres.

I would imagine a trek would be a bit easier to move on in a couple of months than one of the Halfords bikes or whatever.
                                    Just stick about €80 on it for a good service and a few extra parts.

Been commuting via bike for 7 years in Dublin. A very expensive bike for a Dublin commute is a waste imo. Job has moved to Stoneybatter and i can't get over the state of the roads. It's like going back in time. Very harsh on the bike. I've gone through 4 bikes in the 7 years. One Stolen. A car squashed the other one and the other two just fell to shite. All within the 600 - 1k range.

Comment

Yeah the 'West Cork' one. It's decent enough. Most people that have listened to it come out thinking they "Aren't sure" if Bailey done it. Result for him i suppose as the entirety of Cork think it was nailed on.

The ineptitude of the Gardai as everything unfolded should be staggering. Although not overly surprising to Irish people who have grown up with the "Woah there Horsey' Gardai.
                                      Is that the consensus among people who actually have looked into it or just the sort of mob mentality would you have any idea?

Comment

Is that the consensus among people who actually have looked into it or just the sort of mob mentality would you have any idea?
                                        In the Podcast they mention multiple times that everyone thinks it's him. Still to this day he is avoided by most locals. Nutcase still lives there.
                                        I have plenty of friends in cork. I asked them and everyone thinks he done it. No idea if they have looked into it.

Comment

Dying to listen to that pod but too stingy to sign up to €8 pm with audible.

I know you can get a 30 day trial but I'm too forgetful.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            Howdy folks

Back on the Rock after a few days in Donegal. Was delighted to be in Ireland on the day the result was announced. Shocked at the amount of No posters everywhere and very little yes. I heard it was a tighter vote in DL than I thought. There must be some normal people.

Everyone of my friends I saw were all Yes supporters anyway. There was a lot of chat and you did feel you needed to keep the voice down as you didn't know who was listening. My friend who owns a cafe didnt post a thing in case the folks in Donegal that were in the No camp boycotted her business!
                                            Donegal was the only county in Ireland that had a majority no vote.

Comment

Anyone like poetry? A girl I know has published a book. Free to download at the moment on Amazon. If you likey! review it

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                I know, but it was closer than expected was it not?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                  The county of Donegal is estimated to have had a Yes Vote, so it's all good.
                                                  The constituency called Donegal had a No Vote, but some of the counties bigger southern towns like Bundoran and Ballyshannon are in the 'Sligo/Leitrim' constituency.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Dying to listen to that pod but too stingy to sign up to €8 pm with audible.

I know you can get a 30 day trial but I'm too forgetful.
                                                    I was the same but this was very easy.

I signed up, downloaded the pods to my phone, used my free token on the MASSIVE Tiger book I would have never read in paper form and cancelled the next day, Bish bash bosh. I'm a technophobe so if i could manage it, will be a piece of piss for you.

I strongly recommend you do it as the podcast is excellent.

For those who have listened/know the case;
                                                    SPOILER
                                                    I was sure it was Bailey after a few eps, but as soon as the shop owner that was having the affair changed her story and admitted she didn't see him that night I lost all confidence in my opinion. To me it just must be whoever she saw that night. I don't think a local did it as surely there would have been some physical evidence somewhere? My thoughts would be someone from her life in France.

As for Bailey I think he just loves the notoriety of it all and plays up to the media. he clearly has some form of Autism/Ausbergers.

Also LOL the Guards.

Comment

Clean up in aisle lazare
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Great value, barely used and probably do you instead of a bike to works scheme bike altogether if you find it all right. Remove the Kellogg's reflectors.

Looks quite similar to mine:

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 30-05-18, 13:07.

Comment

There's the Co-ordinates on Maps / Streetview.

Jesus it really was in the middle of nowhere. Some walk on a dark night.

51.529523, -9.676144

Comment

Just stick about €80 on it for a good service and a few extra parts.

Been commuting via bike for 7 years in Dublin. A very expensive bike for a Dublin commute is a waste imo. Job has moved to Stoneybatter and i can't get over the state of the roads. It's like going back in time. Very harsh on the bike. I've gone through 4 bikes in the 7 years. One Stolen. A car squashed the other one and the other two just fell to shite. All within the 600 - 1k range.
                                                            Your mileage may vary hoho. My friend has been using her €700 bike for 15 years and it looks brand new, takes way better care of hers than I did of mine and it really showed.

Comment

Not sure if anyone uses VHI but you can get a free €100 cashback by opting to pay by direct debit and receive documents online (even if you have already opted into this - i had).

Linky... https://www.vhi.ie/onlineadvantage

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                The county of Donegal is estimated to have had a Yes Vote, so it's all good.
                                                                The constituency called Donegal had a No Vote, but some of the counties bigger southern towns like Bundoran and Ballyshannon are in the 'Sligo/Leitrim' constituency.
                                                                Sure no wonder Leitrim got majority yes with all the cosmopolitan bundoran and ballyshanon heads thrown in with them

Comment

...Reading the news all morning about the journalist shot dead in Ukraine, he was shot several times in the back...Ukraine saying Russia involved, Russia saying they are not etc...Then he fucking shows up at a press conference, obviously not dead...Weirdest shite ever...

Comment

This is hilarious if you can get through the cringe factor.

cliffs: The day before the referendum and with the no campaign in meltdown after the Steen debacle Kay Burley is given Colm O'Gorman from the Yes campaign and from the No campaign ... Chief Executive of the website "Irish Who Love President Trump"

Sarah Louise Mulligan CEO of www.irishwholovePresidentTrump.com debates Colm O' Gorman Executive Director of Amnesty International Ireland on Sky News, Thurs...

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-05-18, 15:39.

Comment

Oh this is beautiful a natural home for Rigger, Denny and Jack

It could only be better if it was a Rigger creation

Comment

Going travelling the next few weekends. Anyone have food recommendations for

Antwerp
                                                                        Munich
                                                                        Oslo
                                                                        Padua/Venice region

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          This is hilarious if you can get through the cringe factor.

cliffs: The day before the referendum and with the no campaign in meltdown after the Steen debacle Kay Burley is given Colm O'Gorman from the Yes campaign and from the No campaign ... Chief Executive of the website "Irish Who Love President Trump"

Sarah Louise Mulligan CEO of www.irishwholovePresidentTrump.com debates Colm O' Gorman Executive Director of Amnesty International Ireland on Sky News, Thurs...

Jaysus, it's like watching a drunk argue with someone.

Comment

From 10secs of googling it seems it's just attention seeking

Comment

Ha!

Code:
                                                                              http://youtu.be/pPxkv44j138?t=1m42s
                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-05-18, 17:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                Oh this is beautiful a natural home for Rigger, Denny and Jack

It could only be better if it was a Rigger creation

http://irishwholovepresidenttrump.com/
                                                                                Definitely Trump fans when the hit counter = fans of Trump.
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Clean up in aisle lazare
                                                                                  Yeah, delighted to hear immediate calls for complete separation. A huge mandate for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    Considering Raoul's current fallen angel invesment approach he probably has his boots filled with BTP and Greek bonds.
                                                                                    Soon....soon.

Sold out of Nokia at a 15% profit.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yeah, delighted to hear immediate calls for complete separation. A huge mandate for it.
                                                                                      Will Protestant, Jewish and Islamic schools be treated the same or just Catholic schools?

Comment

Clean up in aisle lazare
                                                                                        Phew - 'primary'.

Would obviously still want persecuted religious minorities to have the right to select the intake to their secondary schools.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                          Will Protestant, Jewish and Islamic schools be treated the same or just Catholic schools?
                                                                                          'persecuted religious minorities' is the preferred nomenclature.

Comment

Surely Lazare should set up his own religion and apply for persecuted religious minority status?

Comment

It should be the same for all public schools, private schools can do what they like imo.

Comment

Public schools should have no religion. Any religion
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                  It should be the same for all public schools, private schools can do what they like imo.
                                                                                                  Catholic schools. They're the baddies.

Everyone else is OK. Diversity.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    Surely Lazare should set up his own religion and apply for persecuted religious minority status?
                                                                                                    Makes about as much sense all all the other religions
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Yey and boo to homework too

Comment

As far as I am aware a lot of private schools receive public funding notably many "minority religious" ones.

Comment

They're not endemic. I think catholic schools should number in and around the same as other religious schools, with no state involvement, and should have every right to choose their pupils based on baptism, once every child has a choice to a local school.

Comment

They're not endemic. I think catholic schools should number in and around the same as other religious schools, with no state involvement, and should have every right to choose their pupils based on baptism, once every child has a choice to a local school.
                                                                                                            So you think Catholic schools should have the same amount of religious schools as other religions even though according to the 2016 census 78% of the Irish population are Catholics?

Comment

As far as I am aware a lot of private schools receive public funding notably many "minority religious" ones.
                                                                                                              You must have a library of “As far as I aware”books that give u as far as u are aware facts
                                                                                                              Fair play to you

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                                You must have a library of “As far as I aware”books that give u as far as u are aware facts
                                                                                                                Fair play to you
                                                                                                                http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2013/...fee_income.pdf

Comment

Doesn't really change the fact that public schools should be for the public without church interference.

This is the great thing about the referendum result, you came out guns blazing talking about how you were going to fight it every step of the way. I think you have bigger fights coming your way.

Comment

Doesn't really change the fact that public schools should be for the public without church interference.

This is the great thing about the referendum result, you came out guns blazing talking about how you were going to fight it every step of the way. I think you have bigger fights coming your way.
                                                                                                                    Well once it applies to all schools it will be fair. There is two publicly funded Muslim national schools so if the religion is taken away there at least it will be equitable treatment. Lets see.

Comment

Well once it applies to all schools it will be fair. There is two publicly funded Muslim national schools so if the religion is taken away there at least it will be equitable treatment. Lets see.
                                                                                                                      Absolutely. Public schools free of religion. Private schools can apply for public funding and be judged on how good their local TD is no matter what man in the sky they use to try to control people with.

Comment

Definitely wont be soon enough for number 1 for us

It's a real shame as we have no interesting in baptising the child (wife was never baptised and Im definitely a "paper" catholic). However we know for a fact our preferred school is currently using baptism as a selection criteria... so... playing the game it is... stupid stupid wasteful game.
                                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Absolutely. Public schools free of religion. Private schools can apply for public funding and be judged on how good their local TD is no matter what man in the sky they use to try to control people with.
                                                                                                                          Yes but they have already stated this won't be the case https://www.education.ie/en/Press-Ev...R18-05-09.html

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X