2018 Multi Sport Competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Not that I am remotely interested in or, but the likes of the Aga Khan showjumping thing in the RDS is usually open enough isn't it? Should that be considered for entry? Also, the world championship darts, I assume it is the PDC 2020 event?
    Aga Khan could be a good call actually, will look into it's timing.
    Darts is the PDC one that would end on Jan 1st 2020 alright.
    Not ideal but I'm kind of scrambling for events. Might be an MVG-fest selection wise but a good late differential play also.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      2019 initial list.

F1 a possibility (Hamilton same issue?) or some other motor sport event if anyone has ideas. A fighting event of some sort maybe but I'm not sure how.
      All ideas welcome except mdoug's idea of a second wrestling event. Maybe I've missed an obvious one.
      Total number of wins/poles for Hamilton next season maybe? The margin of victory? These take away from naming a person/team though, so might not be the best approach.

I could ask my MMA writer if he has any ideas for a fighting event that might hold a season-long interest and not be hugely weighted towards 1 favourite?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Group C is interesting.

India and Belgium both on 4pts from 2 games, but India have +4 GD, so a small buffer.

India are 1/5 to win v Canada, and Belgium 1/20 to beat SA

The group winners go into the same SF side as Australia, while the runners-up have a playoff against Pakistan most likely, and then go into the Argentina SF side.

I'll be cheering on India, and hope that Belgium can beat Argentina in the SF. If the Aussies also make it, then i should have it wrapped up, and even if they don't, i have a decent final sweat!

I think that's my best case realistic scenario!
        Ya big hopes for the goal difference to set up back to back knockouts of yourself and Lao Lao.

Are Belgium renowned for being the free flowing attacking juggernaut of world hockey. No idea tbh but I hope so

Comment

2019 initial list.

39 events so far so open to more.
          Have dropped Basketball and All Ireland football (GSW and Dublin too dominant) but open to alternative ways these sports could be brought in.
          F1 a possibility (Hamilton same issue?) or some other motor sport event if anyone has ideas. A fighting event of some sort maybe but I'm not sure how.
          All ideas welcome except mdoug's idea of a second wrestling event. Maybe I've missed an obvious one.

Would be worried about Leinster and New Zealand being auto selections in rugby, hopefully Leinster lose this weekend .
          Handball makes its debut, a bad oversight this year.
          Its still quite summer-centric but not sure that's avoidable.

Scoring is basically the same as this year, except doubling it allows me to pay semi-finalists (or 3rd place playoffs if they exist) in large field events to reduce blanks.
          Dakar Rally. Starts early january.
          womens curling world championships as well. not that an excuse is ndded to watch it, its a very competitive event.

Comment

Kentucky Derby?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
              Ya big hopes for the goal difference to set up back to back knockouts of yourself and Lao Lao.

Are Belgium renowned for being the free flowing attacking juggernaut of world hockey. No idea tbh but I hope so
              I was planning on watchng the Ireland v England game today, because Wiki had that on at 7pm and Australia v China on at 5pm.

Obviously Wiki not using GMT at all. Ireland lost 4-2 and Aussies dished up an 11-0 thrashing of China!

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                Dakar Rally. Starts early january.
                womens curling world championships as well. not that an excuse is needed to watch it, its a very competitive event.
                Kentucky Derby?

Cheers, some good calls.
                Dakar probably starts too early in the year (6th Jan) as I have the 10th Jan in mind for close of entries (day before Round 5 of HCup group matches).
                Curling seems to have definite potential, been a reasonable spread of winners over the years.
                I'll probably leave the horse racing as two events.

Comment

Ronnie Just wrapped up a 6-1 win in the QF's. He didn't even play well. That's 6-1, 6-1 and 6-0 in his last 3 games. Looking good for the win

Comment

Kinda impressed that I have live chances in all three remaining events. The last in league is particularly interesting... Impossible to call as a draw changes the picture dramatically.
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Ronnie Just wrapped up a 6-1 win in the QF's. He didn't even play well. That's 6-1, 6-1 and 6-0 in his last 3 games. Looking good for the win
                      6-1 again to get to the final and seal one point for his backers. Stuart Bingham or Mark Allen stand in the way of the second point.

Comment

Belgium couldn’t overturn the goal difference so go into Argentina’s side of the draw. Which is not great for me. Still in with a mathematical shot even if it’s not a likely shot.

Comment

6-1 again to get to the final and seal one point for his backers. Stuart Bingham or Mark Allen stand in the way of the second point.
                          Bingham has a far better chance of beating Ronnie, than Allen does. Although, he's doing a pretty decent job of trying to throw this away!

Comment

Result 38/40.
                            Snooker - UK Championship.

1st Ronnie O'Sullivan. 2 points. Strewelpeter, mdoug, pokerhand.
                            2nd Mark Allen. 1 point. No-one.

Interesting result, a few people will be regretting not making the change to Ronnie.

Completed Events.

Remaining Events.

Leaderboard.

Hockey is a big event now, knockouts start tomorrow and finish next Saturday.
                            link.

EPL Table with 4 or 5 matches to go. Palace or Huddersfield look the most likely to score points.

Comment

Argentina knocked out by England 3-2 in the quarter finals.
                              That ends Lao Lao chances of winning.

Australia through to semi-finals after 3-0 win over France.
                              If they win the semi-final then RichieM can't catch Flushdraw either.
                              mdoug would be the only threat and the best he can do is tie.
                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 12-12-18, 15:33.

Comment

Fucking Argentinians!

I have a completely irrational love for that country, despite never having set foot in it or even shifting an Argie bird.

It's bad enough that they left me feeling empty after the last two world cups (the one in Brazil cut really deep) but now in hockey as well.

Maradonna would be turning in his grave, mainly to angle himself so he could snort up both nostrils at the same time, but turning he would be.

Comment

Belgium beat Germany in the quarter finals to keep RichieM's hopes alive.
                                  Next a semi-final against England

Belgium to win out with Aussies losing in semi-final, and Cardiff avoiding bottom two in the EPL is Richies needed hattrick.

Comment

Belgium v England is on BT Sports 3 if Richie wants to rail! 1-0 to Belgium coming to the end of the 1st quarter.

Comment

Easy game for Belgium. 4-0 with 15 mins to go

Comment

Netherlands 2-0 up on Australia. Damnnnnnnnn

Australia scored with 27 seconds left to make it 2-2. This is fun entertainment!

Penalties
                                        Last edited by Flushdraw; 15-12-18, 14:31.

Comment

Netherlands 2-0 up on Australia. Damnnnnnnnn

Australia scored with 27 seconds left to make it 2-2. This is fun entertainment!

Penalties
                                          Netherlands through.
                                          You are getting far more of an unwelcome sweat than it looked like a few weeks ago.
                                          Looks difficult for Cardiff to get you anything in the EPL, so probably comes down to tomorrow. Your allegiance suddenly switches to Holland.

Comment

Yeah, that wasn't a good penalty shootout by the Aussies at all. Think they were the better side overall, and the Dutch keeper played a stormer!

Football will be close, but need a few results to go the right way. Don't even know who's the favourite in the hockey. Betting has been pretty absent for the whole tournament.

If Riche wants to chop it, we can take €160 each and play for €40? I don't mind either way!

Comment

Yeah, that wasn't a good penalty shootout by the Aussies at all. Think they were the better side overall, and the Dutch keeper played a stormer!

Football will be close, but need a few results to go the right way. Don't even know who's the favourite in the hockey. Betting has been pretty absent for the whole tournament.

If Riche wants to chop it, we can take €160 each and play for €40? I don't mind either way!
                                              Sorry missed the message. Think I will regret it but will see it out

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                Sorry missed the message. Think I will regret it but will see it out
                                                Will probably hedge myself, so no worries if you want to let it ride. Dutch are slight favourites anyway so was just seeing if you wanted to reduce variance a bit.

Comment

Result 39/40.
                                                  Hockey - Mens World Championship.

1st Belgium. 2 points. RichieM, ArmaniJeans.
                                                  2nd Netherlands 1 point. No-one.

Richie's epically last-minute change brings him the two points.

Completed Events.

Remaining Event.

Leaderboard.
                                                  Strewelpeter led for 9 months, Flushdraw for 9 weeks. Has Richie timed it perfectly to lead for the last 9 (-ish) days?

Only Cardiff falling into the bottom two in the EPL can stop him now.

Everyone has 3 games left. Three of Fulham, Burnley, Huddersfield, Southampton will have to pass Cardiff by.

Comment

Have to say this has been far more entertaining than I expected.

Love the slightly cocky prediction by FD a month ago, followed by his offer to chop to RichieM, only to be given the two fingers and then RichieM scooping the lot.

Richie played it like winning by the nose at the gold cup in Cheltenham.

Well played sir, well played.
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Love the slightly cocky prediction by FD a month ago, followed by his offer to chop to RichieM, only to be given the two fingers and then RichieM scooping the lot.

Not over yet but looking good for it now. The palace Cardiff game could be the important one

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Wasn't cocky. Was just following the bookies! Australia should have beat the Netherlands in the semis and it wouldn't have been an issue!

Still a chance that Cardiff finish in the bottom 2. The only small thing to grab from them stuffing Arsenal today!

Comment

Only Cardiff falling into the bottom two in the EPL can stop him now.

Three of Fulham, Burnley, Huddersfield, Southampton will have to pass Cardiff by.
                                                          Southampton gone past Cardiff and their results not really relevant anymore as two Cardiff points would end it regardless.

Flushdraw needs help from two more teams.
                                                          Wednesday.
                                                          Fulham v Wolves.
                                                          Burnley v Everton.
                                                          Palace v Cardiff.
                                                          MUFC v Huddersfield.

Saturday,
                                                          Fulham v Huddersfield.
                                                          Leicester v Cardiff.
                                                          Sunday.
                                                          Burnley v West Ham.

Fulham and Burnley look the two most plausible to help FD.
                                                          Both have double headers at home and the opposition isn't mega strong.
                                                          Burnley could go ahead of Cardiff with even 2 draws, and Fulham could need 'just' 4 points. If Huddersfield get anything at Old Trafford then they could be a live runner as well, probably unlikely though.

One point for Cardiff would be a huge boost for Richie as then Burnley would need a win and Fulham or Huddersfield would need two wins. 2 points or more for Cardiff pretty much ends it. Tricky away double header for them though.

Comment

ham 10 -26
                                                            [/TABLE]

Wednesday.
                                                            Fulham v Wolves.
                                                            HOLD

Comment

Comment

This looks to be a wrap.
                                                                Cardiff up to 15 points, and neither Huddersfield nor Fulham can go past them now.

Congrats to Richie.
                                                                Send me your bank details, and Flushdraw too.
                                                                I'll transfer over the weekend.

I'll get 2019 up and running over the next few days for start around Jan 10th.

Comment

This looks to be a wrap.
                                                                  Cardiff up to 15 points, and neither Huddersfield nor Fulham can go past them now.

Congrats to Richie.
                                                                  Send me your bank details, and Flushdraw too.
                                                                  I'll transfer over the weekend.

I'll get 2019 up and running over the next few days for start around Jan 10th.
                                                                  Have been working hard to avoid the bbv curse but seriously lucky overall.

Great competition in the way it went back and forth. I thought strewel had it wrapped up early on with his wrestling pick coming off amongst others.

Comment

Thanks for running it AJ and wp Richie. That really got away from me somehow!

Will you keep 40e for the next edition please AJ? Do you want to ship the 30e to some poker account online, or if you don't have it anywhere, i'll ship to bank details?

Comment

Thanks for running it AJ and wp Richie. That really got away from me somehow!

Will you keep 40e for the next edition please AJ? Do you want to ship the 30e to some poker account online, or if you don't have it anywhere, i'll ship to bank details?
                                                                      Yeah, a lot went against you in the last few events.

I'll use €40 to put you in for 2019.
                                                                      Lowkicker transferred me €50 for you for this so that's an extra €10 I owe you, so that's another €40 all together.
                                                                      Pokerstars is the only active poker account I have and I hear they'd make you do playthrough if I transferred there?

So up to you, I can transfer the €40 or hang on to it and use it if you need paying into other bets (chelters or Eurovision or carecas prem thing, whatever)

Comment

Yeah, a lot went against you in the last few events.

I'll use €40 to put you in for 2019.
                                                                        Lowkicker transferred me €50 for you for this so that's an extra €10 I owe you, so that's another €40 all together.
                                                                        Pokerstars is the only active poker account I have and I hear they'd make you do playthrough if I transferred there?

So up to you, I can transfer the €40 or hang on to it and use it if you need paying into other bets (chelters or Eurovision or carecas prem thing, whatever)
                                                                        Ah nice one AJ. I've no issues receiving on stars if you have money online. Might be easier than shipping to a Maltese account. Probably suits me better than you holding anything online. Saves it getting messy for you!

Comment

Result 40/40.
                                                                          Soccer - EPL Last Place 31/12/18.

1st Huddersfield. 2 points. pokerhand, 5starpool.
                                                                          2nd Burnley or Fulham. 1 point. No-one.

Completed Events.

Final Leaderboard.
                                                                          And that's that.
                                                                          Thanks for participating, its been fun to do and added some enjoyment to events that normally pass by unnoticed.

Richie and Flushdraw, PM me your preferred method of payment and I'll transfer immediately.

I also promise faithfully to launch 2019 tonight, I haven't had a lot of time the last few days to hunt for a 40th event so it's slipped.

Comment

Richie and Flushdraw, PM me your preferred method of payment and I'll transfer immediately.
                                                                            Richie, the IBAN you sent me is invalid. I ran it through the first result on google 'validate iban' and it suggested it's missing two check digits after IE.

Flushdraw, did we agree pokerstars? Whats your SN, I know flushdraw is in it somewhere but I think theres something else before or after?

edit : 2nd place now shipped to flushdraw.
                                                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 05-01-19, 17:06.

Comment

Received, ty AJ!

Comment

Working...
                                                                              X