Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    More disturbingly, he just threw America's own allies, the Kurds, to the mercy of the Turks.

On a fucking whim. And nobody cares.

Those people fought ISIS for him.
    It's so far out the other side of the rabbit hole that its hard to credit. Potential for catastrophic consequences of this act of stable genius.

Latest releases in the impeachment show that what is left of the permanent government are powerless and likely in fear for their lives.
    Joke has gone on too long its time he was removed by whatever means necessary.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      It's so far out the other side of the rabbit hole that its hard to credit. Potential for catastrophic consequences of this act of stable genius.

Latest releases in the impeachment show that what is left of the permanent government are powerless and likely in fear for their lives.
      Joke has gone on too long its time he was removed by whatever means necessary.
      I haven't tracked much of the polling in recent weeks but I wonder if the Biden-Ukraine relationship has had much of an impact on Biden's chances moving forward.

It very much feels like any Democrat will do but you obviously want the one who is polling best in the H2H which I believe has been Biden all along. Diminishing Bidens chances in the nomination is a win for Trump irrespective of how poorly he's polling vs all Democrats atm.

Perhaps the jump is more impressive than I initially gave it credit for but the move in the impeachment support of average polls has grown but I just thought it would be more drastic but wishful thinking I guess: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...esident-trump/

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        My brother is in Darklands (love hate meets mma kinda gang thing, why youths join gangs etc) on Virgin One tonight, give it a watch ��

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/t...39083?mode=amp
        The older brother in the main family?

Comment

LOL at the lads standing behind Trump at his presser, wishing the ground would swallow them whole.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I walked out of my job a while back, middle of a busy shift and I just grabbed my jacket and left. First time I've ever done it, was actually quite class and I obviously have not lost my snap all-in commitments out of nowhere

mdoug is now retired, I do not think I will work again unless a job I love comes along.

In 2020, I will visit/revisit every country in Europe(that will be possible to visit, who knows).

This is all, hope all is well folks.
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

No way that episode of Darklands took longer to write than to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                The older brother in the main family?
                Yup. I asked people to guess who it was, it wasn't very hard! He's off doing some play in London for the next 6 months so will pop over for that.

Had a good laugh here at my nephew not understanding that it's not real.
                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-10-19, 21:24.

Comment

I do need a little guidance for anyone in the know. I need a credit card..

I have a lot of money in ptsb, but because of you know... irregularities and such, they will not give me one. I will no longer have a steady income(worked for last 4 years) if I do set up a new bank account elsewhere, so how can I get one.

Have around 20k I could put into some bank or Credit union, but does someone know one that would give one to someone without a regulated income?
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    No way that episode of Darklands took longer to write than to watch.
                    Was fairly funny if from the east of Wicklow. Drug pushers flying into the village of Newcastle and shipping drugs into the major port of Bray, on a little speedboat, in broad daylight while they all wait around for some junkie to test it out, in a very public place.

Top class writing.

Comment

Boris Cummings is going All In with the worst hand face up.

Going to fight an election on exiting with no deal
                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 07-10-19, 22:12.

Comment

Boris Cummings is going All In with the worst hand face up.

Going to fight an election on exiting with no deal
                        Why would you assume Cummings cares a jot about the Conservative Party?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                          Was fairly funny if from the east of Wicklow. Drug pushers flying into the village of Newcastle and shipping drugs into the major port of Bray, on a little speedboat, in broad daylight while they all wait around for some junkie to test it out, in a very public place.

Top class writing.
                          The good writers of fair city can relax
                          Some gripping storylines in Darklands
                          Sitting on the edge of your seat action all the way

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                            The good writers of fair city can relax
                            Some gripping storylines in Darklands
                            Sitting on the edge of your seat action all the way
                            The young lad desperately cutting weight to fight some adult 10kg heavier. Genius.

Comment

Reading this morning that Heron & Grey's star has automatically transferred to Liath which is why it wasn't announced as a new star yesterday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                Why would you assume Cummings cares a jot about the Conservative Party?
                                Tory party is his only route to the majority he needs in order to achieve his main goal of being able to completely sideline parliament.

Comment

Tory party is his only route to the majority he needs in order to achieve his main goal of being able to completely sideline parliament.
                                  I always get the feeling he sees himself as a Malcolm Tucker character, whereas I see him as a Baldrick
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                      I do need a little guidance for anyone in the know. I need a credit card..

I have a lot of money in ptsb, but because of you know... irregularities and such, they will not give me one. I will no longer have a steady income(worked for last 4 years) if I do set up a new bank account elsewhere, so how can I get one.

Have around 20k I could put into some bank or Credit union, but does someone know one that would give one to someone without a regulated income?
                                      What do you need a Credit Card for nowadays? Revolut fulfils 90% of the functions.
                                      Credit Providers don't verify your income, if you tell them you earn 50k a year they take that on faith in the absence of any contrary info. If you have missed payments on mobile phone contracts or other credit agreements that info will be available to all financial institutions and lessen your chances of getting a Card.
                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

cack handed is too generous a term
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          cack handed is too generous a term
                                          The greatest gift to Vladimir Putin Boris.

Comment

Gets my vote

Comment

It feeds his agenda. Having two or more versions of each story is exactly what he needs to sow confusion and allow for the type of contradictory mental gymnastics Brexiteers depend on. It is absolutely Trumpian and annoyingly effective.

Multiple versions of every story or element of Brexit means people can pick whichever one they want to believe at the time or to win 'their' argument, so not only is there no true version, but it gives Brexiteers the tools to win any argument they want.

Setting a lie free for a few hours in order to be first before then posting a correction is why the press have a huge part to blame in why the world is in the state it's in.

Comment

Gets my vote

the amount of irrational anger and vitriol some folks in a kaftkan raise is fucking hilarious.
                                                One of my directors was fucking seething, just short of waving his fist at them as they passed. Ridiculous carry on.

Comment

the amount of irrational anger and vitriol some folks in a kaftkan raise is fucking hilarious.
                                                  One of my directors was fucking seething, just short of waving his fist at them as they passed. Ridiculous carry on.
                                                  It's just guilt transference!

Same as the guys who freak out about vegans

My problem with vegans is different, it's that they live on almonds, avacado, soy and plastic tasting shit pumped full of sugar while claiming to be healthy and love the environment!

The not eating meat bit, I'm all good with
                                                  Last edited by Guest; 08-10-19, 13:05.

Comment

flew back from philippines to japan yesterday, last day in cebu city was something else. took taxi to main bar street to watch england game, taxi pulls up to abandoned looking warehouse, two severely emaciated 15-16 yr old girls in matching skin tight short colourful dresses are sleeping on the ground. another family of kids across from them.

have a beer, go outside to street to get smokes from store. the whole group has joined together now, i walk past and nothing is said, on way back in a gil around 14 in shorts and white tank top notices me and comes over asking for money i say no. she then goes do you like my body?

quickly moved back inside, 15 minutes later, game had turned shit and some idiotic kiwi was talking nonsense so decided to go out for a smoke. i turn corner and then see a father starting an open flame grill on side of road, a 3 or 4 yr old toddler carrying a small puppy upside down by the tail towards his dad, the dog is going crazy, eventually kid drops dog and dog bolted out like a greyhound in trap 1.

obviously its a big jump to assume they were going to eat it but it was at that stage that i was just done with the place. went back to japan, drank highballs(can of whiskey & soda) and strong zero(vodka grapefruit/lemon) went to onsen in the hotel and then played pitch and toss in the tokyo alleyways wearing kimono's until 4 in the morning like proper degens.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                      What do you need a Credit Card for nowadays? Revolut fulfils 90% of the functions.
                                                      Credit Providers don't verify your income, if you tell them you earn 50k a year they take that on faith in the absence of any contrary info. If you have missed payments on mobile phone contracts or other credit agreements that info will be available to all financial institutions and lessen your chances of getting a Card.
                                                      Only reason I want it is for renting cars when abroad, have had issues in Romania and Slovenia(and even Ireland) that won't take revolut/n26 etc.

Have not missed any payments, so thanks for that info. Will put some money into a new account somewhere for 6 months and top it up by a few hundred every couple of weeks and then apply, mucho appreciado.
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-credi.../your-results/

The Higher APR ones are usually more lenient on their applications, they have factored the risk into their %s. That one that costs 7.99 a month could work out good value if the flights are something you could make use of.

If you have a contract mobile that is paid with no issues for a while that can be a good verifiable sign to a credit company that you are a decent risk.
                                                        If you have no joy whatsoever you could get a Family member to add you as a supplemental cardholder on theirs, and set the limit v low so you cant Degen on it.
                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Just thinking that the poor soul who wins the Euromillions will probably be paying 400k+ PA in negative interest to park it on deposit.

Comment

Just thinking that the poor soul who wins the Euromillions will probably be paying 400k+ PA in negative interest to park it on deposit.
                                                            Only if he kept it in Euro... most of the good things can be bought with the greenback. In fact you’d be insane to keep that level of wealth in one currency, especially one so new as the Euro.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                              Only if he kept it in Euro... most of the good things can be bought with the greenback. In fact you’d be insane to keep that level of wealth in one currency, especially one so new as the Euro.
                                                              It would be a fun problem to deal with, right?

First move after the celebration and deciding who in the family gets what, would be to call up V4V and get his help on managing things!

Comment

This is brilliant!

Comment

PP/Betfair hardly charge negative interest

Comment

pfft, bang it into 5000 current accounts.
                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      It would be a fun problem to deal with, right?

First move after the celebration and deciding who in the family gets what, would be to call up V4V and get his help on managing things!
                                                                      Fair play Paul a rock of sense! I always said if I won the lotto or euro millions I’d hire a financial planner rather than try to do it myself. I’d rather have someone good to help to steer the ship and challenge me.

You’d get plenty of good advice and planning for a relatively modest fixed fee say 20-50k depending on the complexity and investment and tax structures. Obviously another bit for annual reviews or whatever but in the context of euromillions it would be money well spent.

However, the rumour was Delores in Limerick paid commission of 1% to Eddie Hobbs for a relatively simple bond. 1 million smackers on a 100 Million bond! Outrageous.
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                        Fair play Paul a rock of sense! I always said if I won the lotto or euro millions I’d hire a financial planner rather than try to do it myself. I’d rather have someone good to help to steer the ship and challenge me.

You’d get plenty of good advice and planning for a relatively modest fixed fee say 20-50k depending on the complexity and investment and tax structures. Obviously another bit for annual reviews or whatever but in the context of euromillions it would be money well spent.

However, the rumour was Delores in Limerick paid commission of 1% to Eddie Hobbs for a relatively simple bond. 1 million smackers on a 100 Million bond! Outrageous.
                                                                        Eddie probably steered her into this fine investment.

It was always a measure of the derangement during The Madness that he was regarded as a financial savant.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Eddie probably steered her into this fine investment.
                                                                          He did.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Investing in Detroit. Even I know that's a bad idea.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                Nice chune
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Promotional Anthem of the Supreme Soviet, broadcast twice daily on Soviet State Television for many years. This is the original 1984 version. Fully restore...
                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                    Nice chune
                                                                                    Once upon a long time ago I shared a flat with 3 Polish girls

Pretty cool they were too, until one afternoon they arrived home as I had dosed off listening to a mix CD one of the lads had recently given me

They open the front door to find that "nice chune" blaring thru the house

They were not impressed

Comment

Absolutely perfect. Applied for the Aer Lingus BOI one earlier, they have a requirement of 6 months income being put into account which is not the case(ptsb) but I am hoping they will ring me and I can bluff my way through it.

Cheers for the assistance mocata, top bloke once again

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                      https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-credi.../your-results/

The Higher APR ones are usually more lenient on their applications, they have factored the risk into their %s. That one that costs 7.99 a month could work out good value if the flights are something you could make use of.

If you have a contract mobile that is paid with no issues for a while that can be a good verifiable sign to a credit company that you are a decent risk.
                                                                                      If you have no joy whatsoever you could get a Family member to add you as a supplemental cardholder on theirs, and set the limit v low so you cant Degen on it.
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Managed to snap up Glastonbury tickets whilst in Munich at Oktoberfest, was sure my run good would continue, but sadly no lotto win.

Assume a few here have done it but fuck me Oktoberfest is some craic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                          Managed to snap up Glastonbury tickets
                                                                                          GFYJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                            Managed to snap up Glastonbury tickets whilst in Munich at Oktoberfest, was sure my run good would continue, but sadly no lotto win.

Assume a few here have done it but fuck me Oktoberfest is some craic.
                                                                                            Never done it and now wont get a chance until im some old fucker who can't hack it.

Comment

Been a bit of Clough stuff here a while ago bit first 20 minutes of this is brilliant

#NottinghamForest #BrianClough #CrossleyMark Crossley talks through his time working with Brian Clough. Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday,

Rest of the Crossley stuff is very good as well btw

Headphones on
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 09-10-19, 10:01.

Comment

wow, Fiji

obviously won't last but great to watch

edit: two tries!

Comment

self-destructaments

Comment

dramatic

Comment

Think the guys are going to need to bring a lot of physicality and a big collision focus against Samoa on at the weekend. I have faith in General Joe and the coaching ticket, I think they’ve been keeping their powder dry for this one.
                                                                                                      Players need to buy into the value system again, dig deep into the trenches yes, but don’t forget about the gain line either. I think we need to execute better in the breakdowns sexton in particular will need to just stick to the process and deliver good results in the 4th quarter
                                                                                                      Let’s bring the intensity but save the war crimes for NZ in the next round
                                                                                                      #imallin
                                                                                                      #teamofus
                                                                                                      #tonganhaka
                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 09-10-19, 10:55.

Comment

Kpmgs budget calculator on independent.ie told me I’d pay around 4 grand less tax next year.
                                                                                                        Is there any no end to their utter incompetence?

Comment

Every time I download a file with W10 in Chrome I've to manually unblock it before I can use it. Is there a proper solution to that? google isn't really throwing up anything

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                            Kpmgs budget calculator on independent.ie told me I’d pay around 4 grand less tax next year.
                                                                                                            Is there any no end to their utter incompetence?
                                                                                                            Try the Deloitte one. http://services.deloitte.ie/tc/Default.aspx

No change to my tax/income this year fwiw.

Comment

shame, Wales were there for the taking

Comment

If someone died early this morning whens likely funeral? Fri/Sat or Mon? In Mayo if that makes any difference..

Comment

If someone died early this morning whens likely funeral? Fri/Sat or Mon? In Mayo if that makes any difference..
                                                                                                                  Fri\Sat imo

and condolences

Comment

Roomshare eh....

Find Houses to Share in Tallaght, Dublin. Search 48 Houses to Share in Tallaght, Dublin on Daft.ie now.

Comment

Madness

Comment

Madness
                                                                                                                        Very grim

Daughter is renting a nice high ceilinged, 2 bedroom, office, good sized living room and a kitchen for just a bit more than that in a nice part of Glasgow.

Comment

Very grim

Daughter is renting a nice high ceilinged, 2 bedroom, office, good sized living room and a kitchen for just a bit more than that in a nice part of Glasgow.
                                                                                                                          On the other hand, she lives in Glasgow
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X