Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Copenhagen is a city I always remember as having lots of cellar bars.

I've actually never been to Berlin. Been booked to go three times and each time someone has died.
    I was on about Berlin the bar. Berlin the place is much better!
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      We play 2nd string against england next week, then kick the shit out of wales in the QF. easy game
      Runner-up of Eng/Fra gets an extra days rest before the quarter-final and also avoids the potential New Zealand semi-final. Definitely looks like a game to lose next weekend.

Comment

Anywhere else in Dublin (or online) but Arnotts that has Tempur mattresses? I notice that a mattress I like is 700 cheaper in the UK than Arnott's sale price.
        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-10-19, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Anywhere else in Dublin (or online) but Arnotts that has Tempur mattresses?
          The neck of ya suggesting anyone other than the matress Messiah around these parts
          airport, lol

Comment

This lad posted on reddit that he came over from Austria on a school trip and getting out to Mattress Micks was the highlight, a global reach.

Comment

Comment

Does anyone know of a means of contacting Google gmail?
                I believe an old account has been compromised and the recovery email/phone number arent in service so the recovery method won't work.

Amazon gave me a contact number but it doesn't appear to be in service.

Comment

Cant be watching one actor plays,Krapp's Last Tape was the last stand . Find it a bit exhausting. The more charachters the better. Very talented and all for same actor to pull off 3+ charachters but its cutting down on expenses imo!

Comment

we play 2nd string against england next week, then kick the shit out of wales in the QF. easy game
                    Jesus, you're more delusional than Irish fans who think we're number 1 in the world [emoji23]

Comment

How is it that with all the technologies we have Athletics hasn't found a better way if identifying runners than shitty bits of paper attached by fucking safety pins
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        How is it that with all the technologies we have Athletics hasn't found a better way if identifying runners than shitty bits of paper attached by fucking safety pins
                        Had that identical thought when watching it last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                          Jesus, you're more delusional than Irish fans who think we're number 1 in the world [emoji23]
                          Beating Wales is delusional? Wow, even you beat them twice in a row a few weeks ago . Give me Wales over Australia any day of the week!

Comment

Beating Wales is delusional? Wow, even you beat them twice in a row a few weeks ago . Give me Wales over Australia any day of the week!
                            Name your odds for France to beat Wales?

Comment

Name your odds for France to beat Wales?
                              After today's performance 4/1

Comment

Can highly recommend Anu's Faultline. It's running until December but there aren't many tickets left.

Comment

After today's performance 4/1
                                  I'll give you 4/1 for a max of 50 if you want?

Comment

I'll give you 4/1 for a max of 50 if you want?
                                    Booked

Comment

Seems strange that its only 6 years since Fergie retired. Feels like 20 years of Groundhog Day.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                        Cant be watching one actor plays,Krapp's Last Tape was the last stand . Find it a bit exhausting. The more charachters the better. Very talented and all for same actor to pull off 3+ charachters but its cutting down on expenses imo!
                                        The Pike St lady managed about 15 characters all by herself. Wonderful stuff.

Krapp is notable primarily for the bananas!
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Seems strange that its only 6 years since Fergie retired. Feels like 20 years of Groundhog Day.
                                          Empires fall. Is there a statue of the red-faced human hairdryer at Old Trafford?

Maybe it will be weathered down over time to a mere set of feet on a plinth, to the bemusement of unborn generations.

"What is that Dad?"

"Ozymandias son"

Comment

Did anyone get to the Docklands play in The Abbey yet?

Comment

I’ve heard it’s €900m later since he left, that’s some unbelievable waste of money.

Comment

The Pike St lady managed about 15 characters all by herself. Wonderful stuff.

Krapp is notable primarily for the bananas!
                                                I can't get over how talented she is, even when it was rapid fire dialogue each character was clearly delineated, she even had a different face for each of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                  I’ve heard it’s €900m later since he left, that’s some unbelievable waste of money.
                                                  Yeah, probably pulled half that back in outgoing players. Crazy money in the real world but the price of players is insanity tbh.

Comment

Did anyone get to the Docklands play in The Abbey yet?
                                                    Yes. And wished I hadn't.

Pure drivel.

Comment

Yes. And wished I hadn't.

Pure drivel.
                                                      Cheers, will look at something else for her birthday so!

Comment

Good morning BBV. Does anyone know what this sort of hat is called?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

some variation of the fedora

Comment

My brother is in Darklands (love hate meets mma kinda gang thing, why youths join gangs etc) on Virgin One tonight, give it a watch ��

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-10-19, 08:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Trilby hat maybe?
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Would there be any interest in bringing the website to an app?. Could be more fit for purpose?. Still all the same sub threads
                                                                and functionality within only more app based. Wouldn't have the hosting fees either.

Slack seems to have more functionality than Discord app even Discord would be a viable alternative?.
                                                                Could be a good alternative anyway if the time comes. I would have hated this idea this time last year but after using discord etc there's a lot to be said for it.
                                                                Or even for now to have it as an alternative platform next time our web hosted black out.

Comment

some variation of the fedora
                                                                  I suppose it is. The fedora is now so associated in my mind with this meme I can't imagine it used otherwise

Comment

Looks like an old and battered Homburg with the brim turned down.

Comment

It's called a Fuckoffyank.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Looks like an old and battered Homburg with the brim turned down.
                                                                        Perfect thanks.

Comment

One to watch for fans of watching English louts getting batoned abroad This Friday, could be some lovely scenes

Mark Roberts, the national police lead officer for football, was disappointed at how his plea to Uefa not to stage England’s Euro tie in Prague on Friday over fears of drunken behaviour was overlooked

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                            One to watch for fans of watching English louts getting batoned abroad This Friday, could be some lovely scenes

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other
                                                                            Kinda tilting that they go with the 'UEFA's fault' angle.
                                                                            Everyone play 8 or 10 qualifiers and gets to play at least once on each of the 6 days (Thurs-Sat, Sun-Tue) in a rota. Everyone accepts that without an issue.
                                                                            Except England, who seem to think they are entitled to move games around because of an issue that is purely England's fault.

Comment

Yeah, probably pulled half that back in outgoing players. Crazy money in the real world but the price of players is insanity tbh.
                                                                              It definitely ruins part of the excitement for me as you know the players just don’t care about the club anymore, which is what sport is supposed to be about. The idea of 11 people unconnected with the area playing another 11 unconnected with that area under the auspices of Manchester and Liverpool loses its appeal I think.

It’s why rugby is at the tipping point for me at the moment, you have just enough local players at club level in Ireland to make it interesting but when you start to lose that, and particularly for the NIQs playing for Ireland and others, then what’s the point?

GAA I think need to be careful that the increasing standards of Inter county players is actually not always a positive. There isn’t enough of a population to make it professional, the best upside for the GAA is to have participation rates at all time highs, not having a superhuman Kerry vs. a superhuman Dublin or whatever every year. They should be promoting inclusion and tight contests between representative teams, that’s why I think the back door has been a disaster as the club players have to wait all year for games
                                                                              Last edited by Goodluck2me; 07-10-19, 12:09. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Easy Peasy...

Read the replies

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                  Would there be any interest in bringing the website to an app?. Could be more fit for purpose?. Still all the same sub threads
                                                                                  and functionality within only more app based. Wouldn't have the hosting fees either.

Slack seems to have more functionality than Discord app even Discord would be a viable alternative?.
                                                                                  Could be a good alternative anyway if the time comes. I would have hated this idea this time last year but after using discord etc there's a lot to be said for it.
                                                                                  Or even for now to have it as an alternative platform next time our web hosted black out.
                                                                                  Have used Slack for the past ~2 years in work as our internal messaging system. There's lot of intergrations, but think it's too fast moving to work as a forum type channel.

Comment

Anywhere else in Dublin (or online) but Arnotts that has Tempur mattresses? I notice that a mattress I like is 700 cheaper in the UK than Arnott's sale price.
                                                                                    Sienna in Waterford and Kenneth Hodkins both do for anybody looking. Mattress €150 cheaper in those.

Comment

Sienna in Waterford and Kenneth Hodkins both do for anybody looking. Mattress €150 cheaper in those.
                                                                                      I thought I went too far with mattress research but you're on a different level Tar. I assume Emma & my 50e is now out of the running....

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                        I thought I went too far with mattress research but you're on a different level Tar. I assume Emma & my 50e is now out of the running....
                                                                                        Yeah I have found a firm Tempur that I really like, firmest they have, two in the same range were good. I'm sure there are other brands that are just as good and cheaper but I just don't have the time to try a million mattresses.

This is me taking my perusing easy haha, usually I research every single aspect of something to the nth degree - I will learn everything about whatever I'm interested in, it's a bit of a relief in this case that I can't go too crazy. I tried to but it was a load of nonsense. Get some basic facts about what is in the mattresses, foam density, type, spring type etc and just lie down on the bastards is the best way. Then you ask questions like, does this bed feel €600 better than that one?

In my search I tried beds that were 10k that I wouldn't put my cat on, layers of wool and silk in them One bed that made concrete look soft - like unbelievably hard, my shopping partner loved that one most of all, I felt it was fighting gravity and winning.
                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-10-19, 14:55.

Comment

Yeah I have found a firm Tempur that I really like, firmest they have, two in the same range were good. I'm sure there are other brands that are just as good and cheaper but I just don't have the time to try a million mattresses.

This is me taking my perusing easy haha, usually I research every single aspect of something to the nth degree - I will learn everything about whatever I'm interested in, it's a bit of a relief in this case that I can't go too crazy. I tried to but it was a load of nonsense. Get some basic facts about what is in the mattresses, foam density, type, spring type etc and just lie down on the bastards is the best way. Then you ask questions like, does this bed feel €600 better than that one?

In my search I tried beds that were 10k that I wouldn't put my cat on, layers of wool and silk in them One bed that made concrete look soft - like unbelievably hard, my shopping partner loved that one most of all, I felt it was fighting gravity and winning.
                                                                                          not looking at shipping one of these over?
                                                                                          Experience a Sleep Number smart bed for individualized comfort. The bed that automatically adjusts to your ideal firmness, comfort and support.
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            >> SPAM <<

I've bought 2 horses with a view to having them race next year, perform well, and sell for profit. 2019 was a good year for anyone that got involved (inc a few IPB heads) so I am looking to repeat the dose in 2020. If anybody is interested drop me a message with your email and I will send details along to you.
                                                                                            Get back to me Wednesday when Liam has made us all men of leisure

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              not looking at shipping one of these over?
                                                                                              https://www.sleepnumber.com/360
                                                                                              Oh god there are smart beds, this changes everything. Alexa increase firmness three percent.

Comment

The Oak Room in Adare is the first of the Irish new stars

Comment

Christ its painful. If they do this for every star in the UK&Ireland it must be 8 hours long?

Comment

Presenter needs shooting. Has she ever had any human contact before?

Comment

There has to be a better system than putting every bus in the city through d'olier st? Just saw an ambulance stuck in the middle of it for about 10 mins
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Aimsir straight in with two stars

Comment

LOL even for him:

Comment

hahah people raging at sketch

Comment

2nd star for Greenhouse and 1 for variety Jones

Think that was all the new Irish ones?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                There has to be a better system than putting every bus in the city through d'olier st? Just saw an ambulance stuck in the middle of it for about 10 mins
                                                                                                                Imagine the level of tilt a driver must go through taking that route several times a day.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

So is Bastible losing it's bib due to price rather than quality or it that ever revealed?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    just booked table for 4 for Variety Jones for Thurs 31st Oct. May open it up to Horsehead Elite members in time.
                                                                                                                    We’re surely due a night at Ireland’s newest two star with their head beekeeper. Keep it local.
                                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                      We’re surely due a night at Ireland’s newest two star with their head beekeeper. Keep it local.
                                                                                                                      Fully booked from now until the end of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                        LOL even for him:

More disturbingly, he just threw America's own allies, the Kurds, to the mercy of the Turks.

On a fucking whim. And nobody cares.

Those people fought ISIS for him.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                          Would be good to have a variety of B&B accomodation handy to soften the blow.

How's Mrs V's eggs benedict? We know we won't get any black pudding in the other place.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X