learning omaha, hand history close to the bubble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

learning omaha, hand history close to the bubble

have never played much Omaha, gonna try and play some small stake tournys and see if i can understand the game more., this was first attempt tonight.

Bit disappointed as i thought i played ok for the rest of the tournament.

Micro stakes think it was $1 rebuy 20 something runners, exited 8th 5 paid. think i was 2nd or 3rd in chips at the time.

Any thoughts on this exit hand?
    Is a fold standard preflop?
    should I have check folded river?
    Should I give up omaha?

It's a cooler.

Stack sizes are awkward here, so you would end up shoving the river anyway, but generally I would size a little smaller on the flop and turn.

Comment

I don't consider going bust with 2 pair a cooler tbh.

I think you are way too aggressive with a weak hand, and no really draws bar boating up - which still wouldn't have won FWIW.
      He never calls with a worse hand on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        I don't consider going bust with 2 pair a cooler tbh.

I think you are way too aggressive with a weak hand, and no really draws bar boating up - which still wouldn't have won FWIW.
        He never calls with a worse hand on the river.
        Agree with the first part, but not really on this.

Can see a AAhh maybe calling river, or a FD that may have hit Q5 or some other 2 pair. If hero is pumping a wrap/FD, he missed every conceivable draw so a stubborn villain could end up calling the river getting 3.5/1. This is a $1 rebuy after all, and player are generally pretty shit.

Comment

Fold pre. Badugi hand with a gap oop.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Agree with the first part, but not really on this.

Can see a AAhh maybe calling river, or a FD that may have hit Q5 or some other 2 pair. If hero is pumping a wrap/FD, he missed every conceivable draw so a stubborn villain could end up calling the river getting 3.5/1. This is a $1 rebuy after all, and player are generally pretty shit.
            That's fair enough. Never was probably a bit strong, but maybe villain shouldn't be calling with worse but some players will

Comment

Thanks lads, part of the reason for keep firing was that I had villain at a holdem table and he was open raising every hand. 3bet him a few times and he called light.

Agree about the badugi hand, thought it was too good a hand to pass at this stage, must look up hand startling charts.

Comment

Decent hand to call with as deep enough but after flop we should be bluff catching rather than betting out 3 streets. Don't think I pot it on flop and turn. You go bust anyway due to his hand but how it got there doesn't look great. I'd check call flop and check-shove turn or else bet enough on the flop to build the pot to check-shove size on turn. He calls/bets flop with any kind of hand and will bluff turn a lot if checked into.

Comment

Working...
                X