This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling % in rebuy or re-entry tournaments

Tournaments where you can enter Day 1a and 1b are relatively new to the Irish scene, and along with rebuy events need some clarification I think to thrash out how % should be sold for these. For example someone could sell a %, bust, rebuy and cash, but then say the % was for the original rebuy only.

It may be that we need to add a couple of extra questions to the selling % template such as:

Is this a multi entry or rebuy event?
    If so, what way are you selling action based on this?

but we would like to hear the thoughts of the people who would be selling and buying the % before we put anything in place. Certainly something needs to be added for the protection of everyone involved, but we have discussed amongst ourselves, but decided we need input from a wider audience to drive what the real questions/issues are. I'll sticky this thread while it is being discussed. If there is not much of an agreement reached, we will judge it ourselves.

Thanks.

For the Euro 6-max i sold it as 2 seperate tournaments in the same package and if i got through i refunded the 2nd entry. Adding the questions you suggested and tell people not to buy % of people who havn't answered for multi-entry's seems like the best idea. Everyone is covered that way.
    They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
    Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

A re entry tourney is not the same as a re buy.

It's 2 seperate tournaments. Daragh's way of selling for the 6 max looks to be a good way to go.

If you were to sell for day 1a and then bust and then re enter on day 1b with your own money and no action sold....i cant see how someone with action taken for 1a has anything of you in day 1b.
      https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

Originally posted by anymorejokes View Post
        A re entry tourney is not the same as a re buy.

It's 2 seperate tournaments. Daragh's way of selling for the 6 max looks to be a good way to go.

If you were to sell for day 1a and then bust and then re enter on day 1b with your own money and no action sold....i cant see how someone with action taken for 1a has anything of you in day 1b.
        True, but i think its important to know whether the stakee intends to play a 2nd day1 if he busts or not. i know it certainly affected my play on day1a of the 6max as i knew i could always have another crack at it the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
          True, but i think its important to know whether the stakee intends to play a 2nd day1 if he busts or not. i know it certainly affected my play on day1a of the 6max as i knew i could always have another crack at it the next day.
          ya i agree, Don't think it should affect someone do if they sell for day 1a they should be playing it like a once off tourney and not be thinking of the option of re entry the next day.

saying if your going to play one or both days if you bust would be a good thing to add for these in future. Think the way darragh sold for both days and was then going to refund if he didnt need the 2nd day seems like a good way to go about this.
          Last edited by anymorejokes; 27-09-11, 19:56.
          https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

If Re-buy or Re-entry state the maximum expenditure and return the surplus.

Comment

I'm +1 for the way Daragh999 sold his %'s recently for the 6-max, and I believe it should be the way to go when selling for these if in fact you have the slightest inkling you might re-enter.

This should protect ppl from having guys sell for day1a and effectively be on a freerole to get chips with other ppl's money (this might be harsh but it's still strong possibility) or bust knowing they can buy in the next day with their own money and play a total different tighter game than the day before.

For ppl 100% only playing one day should say so and honor that after selling %'s. Which means not buying into day1b if they chose to play day1a or else ppl who bought %'s should be refunded and repercussions should be placed on the stakee like been banned from selling etc.

I do not know how harsh to be on this topic but I do know I feel very strongly towards %'s been sold correctly and fairly for these type of re-entry tournaments.

If I'm being over the top I would at least recommend the Father Ted sign....
              'Careful Now'
              Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
              My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

The way Darragh sold his pieces is 100% correct. You buy assuming re-entry is used and if it is not, you are refunded those pieces.

Like on 2+2 with people selling for packages for the WSOP for example, people would buy for the whole package. If a player made day 2 and couldn't play a certain event (that was in the package), the backers wud get the %s back for that specific tournament.
                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Other Daragh's approach was ideal imo. If someone is thinking of re-entering, say that in advance and get the money up front, so there's no confusion.

If you have no intention of re-entering, say that and stick to it. So long as it's made clear which it is in advance, I don't think there's an issue.
                  My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

I think if someone is selling a % in a re-entry and they should be required state exactly what there selling - if there selling day one A then state so - this is enough info for a potential investor. If someone wants to do it as Daragh did that's fine too, just be clear on it.

I dont think further stipulations are needed. Saying otherwise, is bordering on influencing how a person should play an event. A stakee can spew in any event rebuy or not, there might be slightly more chance of it happening in these events but I dont think it's much of an issue.

It may not suit buyers or sellers to be tied into multi day deals with refunds and if a seller decides on a whim to buy into another day he shouldn't be disallowed from it just because he sold some % for a previous day.

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                      This should protect ppl from having guys sell for day1a and effectively be on a freerole to get chips with other ppl's money (this might be harsh but it's still strong possibility) or bust knowing they can buy in the next day with their own money and play a total different tighter game than the day before.
                      This makes no sense to me. What kind of players would purposely play suboptimally on day 1a and then properly when they buy in again? Wouldn't you just play properly both days?

I can understand if, at the end of day 1a you were shortstacked, maybe you would play more marginal spots and gamble it up a little. But I don't think anyone (esp someone who is good enough at poker to warrant charging enough markup to be freerolling) would sell with the intention of playing a completely different game than their usual and what they consider optimal game.

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                      It may not suit buyers or sellers to be tied into multi day deals with refunds and if a seller decides on a whim to buy into another day he shouldn't be disallowed from it just because he sold some % for a previous day.
                      +1

Comment

want to create replica jewelry for people

Legendary is reportedly keeping the script, written by Charles Leavitt, "under wraps.Talking to Slashfilm, producer Charles Roven confirmed that production from the long-awaited film is currently within the planning stage, whilst principle photography is gearing up to begin next year.

R4 3ds ,Cryptic Studios will continue to release new content for Neverwinter after launch.

R4 , A lot more information about Fury of your Feywild are going to be released in the coming weeks, and are going to be posted for the Module1 webpage.

R4 3ds ,"Brand director for Dungeons & Dragons at Wizards on the Coast Nathan Stewart was thrilled with Cryptic Studios and Perfect World's work. That means Runescape can and will seem on other platforms, including tablets.

R4i sdhc , Each Alliance and Horde factions will find great pleasure in utilizing the new addition now that it's unlocked for every battle.

R4 gold ,Blizzard itself has not mentioned anything about the title for Xbox 360 and Xbox One particular, including whether it’ll seem or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                          This makes no sense to me. What kind of players would purposely play suboptimally on day 1a and then properly when they buy in again? Wouldn't you just play properly both days?

I can understand if, at the end of day 1a you were shortstacked, maybe you would play more marginal spots and gamble it up a little. But I don't think anyone (esp someone who is good enough at poker to warrant charging enough markup to be freerolling) would sell with the intention of playing a completely different game than their usual and what they consider optimal game.

+1
                          Just saw this. I think you answered your first paragraph with your second. Ppl more likely to play higher variance style game than they would in a freezout. It's honest and as simple as that.
                          Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                          My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

If someone was staked for say day 1a and finished on say 80k but bought in themselves for day 1b in a re-entry tourney. Would it not cause a conflict of interest as they would have an unfair advantage of knowing if they finish above 80k they will have 100% of themselves?
                            or would it work differently?
                            The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                            MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Working...
                            X