Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And thats not to defend him, just to point out that there's about 20 better reasons to be disappointed/annoyed with him at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      And thats not to defend him, just to point out that there's about 20 better reasons to be disappointed/annoyed with him at this stage.
      Not that this is the point but how did he not know he’d (chukka from TIG) be there? I mean, I fucking knew, and I’m sat in Dublin fucking around on me phone.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        You don't need to register with TFL, but is useful.
        Use Revolut, don't need an Oyster.
        Stansted is grand. Train to Liverpool Street will sort ya.
        Everything is mad expensive and everyone's a knob.
        Don't say a word to anyone on the tube or they'll think you're a terrorist.
        You can stay on my couch if you behave.
        Get the citymapper app on your phone, it will tell you how to get anywhere you need.
        I was told by a lad in tesco who travels alot
        Had I 2 debit cards contactless ones which I have, he said give one to mia and obv one for and its 10 pound all day just tap for tube?
        He also said Stanstead then Liverpool Street station, so should I go with that?
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Who's chukka from tig?

What's TIG?
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Who's chukka from tig?

What's TIG?
            Chuka Umunna, ex Labour MP now with a loosely alligned group of exLabour and exTory MPs called The Independent Group (Tigs or Tiggers)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'm surprised a no deal exit is still 4-1. Feels more like an even money event.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  SAT NAV - the tube is a piece of piss. If you can give up 5 minutes of your life solving and understanding it rather than type again that you can't figure it out then you will be fine and dandy. The thought of any trip to London that wasn't facilitated by getting around on the Tube would melt my brain.

Stanstead by far the worst airport of them all to fly to. It's like saying you're going to Galway but instead drive to Limerick and get the train up. City is the best by far, imo. Then Heathrow. You get off the plane in City and you're on the DLR within 10 minutes.
                  City is the best by far, imo. Then Heathrow. You get off the plane in City and you're on the DLR

Totally lost now. Is that 2 airports, city.. Then Heathrow? And what is DLR??

Like London is huge I'm a spa and need it simple

Sorry for all the questions but genuinly sounds hard work.

And apprearoate all feedback lads but London first time with a 13 Yr old. I need help
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                    City is the best by far, imo. Then Heathrow. You get off the plane in City and you're on the DLR

Totally lost now. Is that 2 airports, city.. Then Heathrow? And what is DLR??

Like London is huge I'm a spa and need it simple

Sorry for all the questions but genuinly sounds hard work.

And apprearoate all feedback lads but London first time with a 13 Yr old. I need help
                    DLR = Docklands Light Railway (it's effectively part of the Tube/Underground System).

'City' is an airport, the most central but you probably won't get cheap flights into it.
                    Heathrow is second best in his opinion, though Gatwick is fine as well imo.

Stansted and Luton are very far out - I wouldn't necessarily see them as a problem for a leisure trip though. But flying into either means that you will spend time and money getting into the centre which will cancel out a lot of the cheap flight savings. Stansted might add an extra 90 minutes onto your journey for example.

Comment

London City Airport - Code is LCY

London Heathrow Airport - Code is LHR

DLR = Docklands Light Rail. Don't worry about that yet.

Do this in steps.

Step 1 - Book Flights
                      Step 2 - Book Accommodation

Worrying about Step 3 is a waste of your energy on March 20th when you don't intend travelling until June 3rd. Ignore all the shite on here about TFL, contactless cards and colonic irrigation therapy. Keep it simple. You eat an Elephant one bite at a time. Just take the first couple of bites. Then worry about the next easy steps.
                      Ah that makes, sense. So I'll prob book Heathrow and presume hotel around Westminster is OK as Seems central ish... Can walk through Hyde Park seemingly!?

Then bombard ye later?

Thanks again mighty bbv!
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Who's chukka from tig?

What's TIG?
                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        Chuka Umunna, ex Labour MP now with a loosely alligned group of exLabour and exTory MPs called The Independent Group (Tigs or Tiggers)
                        Seems like you missed a prime opportunity at jappery there AJ.
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

+1 for city airport. It's a league above in virtually every department, on and off the plane in minutes, stroll out door and you are on the Tube (DLR) in less time than it would take for the steps to be wheeled over in the other options.
                            You get a mega view over the Shard and the Thames taking off and landing as well as decent views of canary wharf on the train.
                            Proximity to tube should certainly be high on hotel criteria. A bit of calm clear thinking will let you navigate the tube. As mentioned, google maps is your friend. look up where you want to go, find closest tube station. See which colour line then head for that when inside. There are 2 directions for each colour that split out at some point. Stand out of the hordes of people zooming around you so you can work out which is the right direction. There are tubes every few mins so if touristing and have no specific times to meet then you can afford to let a few go past and save getting on the wrong direction in a flap. Worst case and you get the wrong direction just hop back on the other way. If its packed start to love nearer doors a stop before the one you want, doors dont stay open very long.
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                +1 for city airport. It's a league above in virtually every department, on and off the plane in minutes, stroll out door and you are on the Tube (DLR) in less time than it would take for the steps to be wheeled over in the other options.
                                You get a mega view over the Shard and the Thames taking off and landing as well as decent views of canary wharf on the train.
                                Proximity to tube should certainly be high on hotel criteria. A bit of calm clear thinking will let you navigate the tube. As mentioned, google maps is your friend. look up where you want to go, find closest tube station. See which colour line then head for that when inside. There are 2 directions for each colour that split out at some point. Stand out of the hordes of people zooming around you so you can work out which is the right direction. There are tubes every few mins so if touristing and have no specific times to meet then you can afford to let a few go past and save getting on the wrong direction in a flap. Worst case and you get the wrong direction just hop back on the other way. If its packed start to love nearer doors a stop before the one you want, doors dont stay open very long.
                                Screen shotted that ty sounds like a fucking scene from the warriors though
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Comment

Screen shotted that ty sounds like a fucking scene from the warriors though
                                      City mapper, Google maps, plan some of what you want to see/do, eat good food, don't panic & enjoy... Easy game!

Comment

...Can't believe no-one has told her to get to London then buy a SAT-NAV for directions- opportunity missed...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Yeah. It's literally one decision - if they vote no next week, if they are allowed to vote, they are gone. Seems like there's a lot of "this can't possibly happen, can it?" hope built into that 4/1.
                                          There also seems to be a presupposition that there are adults in the UK room.

I saw one of the Tory Brexit Ultras being interviewed last night. Complete nonentity politically speaking but the scary thing was he had clearly convinced himself that no deal would all blow over with no lasting economic damage. If you read The Express and The Mail, that is the message you get tbf.

Tusk I thought was crystal clear.
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

And actually if you could also sign up for the free money* Aintree competition that would be smashing. We need to crush the big banker Raoul total last year of €850.

Maybe I'm wrong and you want the big banker capitalist elite to win. A mere €50 will secure your centrist credentials.

*the free money portion is your money. Someone else will win.
                                            It is not enough that I win. You all must lose.

(with apologies to Gore Vidal)

Comment

Is there anything to be said for another quiz question?
                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

GOT back soon , I’ll watch it due to sunk costs but really wish I could go back in time and tell my past self to stop watching after the red wedding. It’s been all downhill since
                                                Gotta say I’m liking Netflixes recent foray in to half hour episode miniseries. Maniac was decent and Russian Doll excellent so far (2 eps to go) . Wouldn’t even bother starting something that’s asking you to commit to 36 hours plus of watching time now

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                  I did from walking out the door near Finsbury Park to walking in the door in Naas in exactly 4 hours and felt like I'd arrived at LCY 20 mins too early.

Last week I'd just a laptop bag so decided to take a Boris Bike to the airport, was using google maps instead of citymapper so it didn't tell me there are no bike stands at the airport! had to cycle back to Poplar and jump on the DLR still loads of time.
                                                  That was last Monday and I've got little but Cheltenham on my mind, as I was pedalling along I stopped to take in the view around Canary wharf and there staring me in the face was an enormous banner for 'City Island'. Yep I thought I really like that horse for the Ballymore
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I never find city or Heathrow better than Gatwick. Depends where you are going in the city as I need to get to Victoria to go to my brothers place. Gatwick is its a fraction of the price.

Choose your accommodation, look up directions on Google maps to see the difference between those three airports getting there.

Comment

Gary in Japan is quite something

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                        I never find city or Heathrow better than Gatwick. Depends where you are going in the city as I need to get to Victoria to go to my brothers place. Gatwick is its a fraction of the price.

Choose your accommodation, look up directions on Google maps to see the difference between those three airports getting there.
                                                        Probably gonna go with this, going by Google and GAB Heathrow is best airport

Central Park London- A 3 star Hotel set right in the heart of Central London, a lavish property with stylish rooms. Hotel is a short walk from Paddington Station & 2 minute walk from Queensway Underground Station. Book your stay now.
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

All three airports will take you 50 mins to get there so doesn't matter too much.

Comment

Big Gatwick fan too although I'm usually working in the City so suits me. Mainline rail to London Bridge and walk over the Thames, job done without having to battle through the tube\DLR. Plus you can stop in at Borough Market.

Comment

Heathrow
                                                              Express 48 mins -Expensive
                                                              Piccadilly / District (1 h 2 min) -Cheap

Gatwick
                                                              (57 min)
                                                              Southern rail /Overground /Central -Cheap
                                                              (1 h 2 min)
                                                              Gatwick Express /Southern / Walk Bus148 / Walk -Expensive

City
                                                              (44 min)
                                                              DLR /Central -Cheap

Stanstead
                                                              (1 h 27 min)
                                                              Stanstead Express /Central -Expensive

Comment

Working away on laptop yesterday with the kids in the kitchen doing "arts & crafts" and some random Holidays program was on the TV on mute and I happened to look up and see this young one and proclaimed to myself (out loud) "Jaysus thats a fine pair of tits".

Of course I look round and who is standing at the door only the 3yo young lad. Finally got him to stop repeating it before his ma came home and thought no more of it until dropping the two off at montessori this morning.

Handing the two their lunch at the classroom door under the watchful eye of the younger teacher and he roars "FINE PAIR TITS". Then, as she does, his sister copies everything he does - "FINE PAIR DITS"

Looked at the floor and ran down the stairs.....picking them up at 12.30

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Heathrow
                                                                  Express 48 mins -Expensive
                                                                  Piccadilly / District (1 h 2 min) -Cheap

Gatwick
                                                                  (57 min)
                                                                  Southern rail /Overground /Central -Cheap
                                                                  (1 h 2 min)
                                                                  Gatwick Express /Southern / Walk Bus148 / Walk -Expensive

City
                                                                  (44 min)
                                                                  DLR /Central -Cheap

Stanstead
                                                                  (1 h 27 min)
                                                                  Stanstead Express /Central -Expensive

When you say expensive... Heathrow express me and Mia, how expensive roughly?
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    I'm going to switch from W7 to W10 at home, since it's going to be forced on me in work.

I've an old small SSD with W7 on it, I have a new SSD that I'm gonna add to the PC. I was gonna download the ISO to my HDD, add the new SSD and do a fresh install on that. Maybe uninstall W7 from the old one then at some point in the future.

Any reason to do something different?
                                                                    Considering you want to be using the large SSD as your OS drive I see no reason not to do what you are doing. otherwise you could have upgraded from within W7 on the old drive and kept your files etc.
                                                                    Not sure how, but I somehow managed to install W10 on the original drive. Ugh.

Comment

Way too expensive, especially when it only saves about 15/20 minutes in journey time

Some of that journey time saving will probably disappear in waiting for it time, get the Piccadilly line, it's fast

BTW, I always use Gatwick as well, train to Victoria, easy airport to navigate especially when flying back

Comment

Comment

Yeah Russian Doll is really quite unique.
                                                                          ....if you haven't seen Groundhog Day!

Watched it all the other night. Decent enough tbf. As PSV said, really like the short episodes.

Comment

Not sure how, but I somehow managed to install W10 on the original drive. Ugh.
                                                                            Ouch. I'll always have a job lol.
                                                                            Like £25 each for a single but you can get it cheaper if you book in advance, check your dates on their site. https://www.heathrowexpress.com/tick...s/prices-fares
                                                                            Gatwick express is something like £16-£18 and is about 5 minutes quicker (if at all) than the £8 southern line to London.
                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-03-19, 11:48.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                No Deal Brexit was 10/1 yesterday. Now 4/1.
                                                                                Now 11/4

Comment

Disappointment Islands.

Comment

My inside line is telling me big problems in the Abbey, problems with McLaren, bullying, picking favourites, he is for the door. The recent "letter" by the ensemble was a shot straight at him.
                                                                                    As somebody with a brother in theatre, that bit is par for the course for everybody. In fact maybe the first bit too!

Comment

Khazakhstan 3 Scotland 0 in potentially hilarious football score (30 mins to play)

Comment

I've always thought it would be worth us suffering a bit of pain for a temp no deal brexit, but if the reports are true that it's Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan that will bear most of the brunt, Vlad should be pushing as hard as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          Interestingly enough there must be one set of Disappointment islands and another Disappointment Island off Stewart Island. It makes up one of the seven Auckland Islands, all uninhabited.
                                                                                          Stewart Island has one of the 9 great walks which I was due to do but weather was too bad to go in the end.

Comment

Who was defending May on here again?

Last night's insanity and her car crash of a summit trip might make you change your mind...

Comment

Last night's insanity and her car crash of a summit trip might make you change your mind...
                                                                                              If (when) the deal is voted on and fails again next week, something else will be available. The EU will give them the option of a long extension subject to elections, and various other things probably that the UK will be forced into taking most likely. The other alternative is that they come to their senses somewhat and allow a second referendum. They won't come to the actually only sensible decision though and scrap A50 declaration.

Comment

Can't be seen to capitulate to EU requests after the people voted to take back power. They're not going to revoke article 50. I still see a strong likelihood of them driving off the cliff.

Comment

The #HannanIrishHistory on Twitter is throwing up some gems

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    The #HannanIrishHistory on Twitter is throwing up some gems
                                                                                                    Very funny, I thought this was one was particularly good

Comment

It was just banter m8
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Can't be seen to capitulate to EU requests after the people voted to take back power. They're not going to revoke article 50. I still see a strong likelihood of them driving off the cliff.
                                                                                                        No, they are not going to revoke it without the unlikely scenario of another referendum. Even at that...

I see there is the prospect of another can kicking. EU will allow an unconditional extension until earlyish May, and they have to decide by April 11th if they want to take part in elections or not. That would allow for indicative votes and so on in Westminster, not that that'll help much the way they are going. We'll be up to meaningful vote 5 on May's deal by then.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                          No, they are not going to revoke it without the unlikely scenario of another referendum. Even at that...

I see there is the prospect of another can kicking. EU will allow an unconditional extension until earlyish May, and they have to decide by April 11th if they want to take part in elections or not. That would allow for indicative votes and so on in Westminster, not that that'll help much the way they are going. We'll be up to meaningful vote 5 on May's deal by then.
                                                                                                          As it stands, Meaningful Vote 3 is blocked by Bercow.

Comment

As it stands, Meaningful Vote 3 is blocked by Bercow.
                                                                                                            It is, but if they want to get around that they can.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                              It is, but if they want to get around that they can.
                                                                                                              I think she'd lose big again anyway. That speech last night was the equivalent of kicking MPs in the balls and then expecting them to take you out for dinner.

Comment

They are dopes.

Simple as.

Comment

12 April. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    They are dopes.

Simple as.
                                                                                                                    I'm finding it increasingly bizzare that so many of the hardline brexiteers are still holding the line when they absolutely have to understand by now that it is a no win proposition.
                                                                                                                    I suppose that they do understand is evinced by the fact that the only argument any of them put forward as a reason for continuing is the ridiculous fallacy of the threat to democracy that allowing people to vote on the deal would be

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Arrogant idiots.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X