Aftertiming only thread - Amnesty on aftertiming here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna pre-aftertme.

Fancied a fgs bet on pool match tonight so in a rush stuck €25 on Skyrtl thinking he might be due.

No wonder I thought he was due, seems to be behind Kolo and on the bench,wtf.

Que a 89th minute injury to Kolo with me pulling my hair out and we know the rest.....

Comment

Scooped the Placepot at Haydock today!
      It payed €690.30/1 , Fiver on for €3450!
      SPOILER

Got the swag, kept the money, Job well done. Job well done!
      SPOILER

Comment

Thats half the masters losses back anyway.
        SPOILER

Comment

Did LA Galaxy -1. Checked it after 50 mins and they were winning 3-0 and headed out. Checked it at 85 mins it was 3-2. Scores app wouldnt load so went to LA Galaxy twitter and saw something that I used to hate

Sometimes something you disliked becomes enjoyable, 4 minutes into added on time.

SPOILER

Comment

Comment

8pm Windsor. Just made a howler of a mistake but i dodged a bullet as it worked out. Just finished an episode of Gomorrah and meant to move in on Dark Shot as it was 4/9 in bookies and 10/11 on the Betfair exchange but what i didnt know is i was unwittingly backing the the fav in the without the fav market and had all the loots on Raising Sand the 10/3 2nd fav at 10/11 in the 'Without the fav' market thinking i was getting that price on Dark Shot. Just copped it before they raced fcuuukkk!. But i needn't have worried as Raising Sand not only came 2nd to the 4/9 fav but won outright so if i done the bet i intended i would have been beat(or maybe not got on as it was 1.54 so would have copped it or wouldnt do it at that price)!. Not even drinking!.
              Onto the Gonmorrah series finale!

Comment

Binked the winners of the 5.00 at Royal Ascot the first two days (Jennies Jewel, Portage) so tried to repeat the dose with Abe Lincoln today.

Short head second @ 20\1 for a very healthy payday. Although the winner ran half way across the track but still.

Gashballs.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So...

€20 on Brady and 1-0 @55/1 (hummed and haawwwwed missing out on 66/1)

€20 on Keane and 1-0 @35/1 (money back)

most enjoyable €1k ive probably ever made

Comment

A price I couldn't get over was in the Italy v Belgium game, Italy to have more than 2 corners in the game 6/4, had a duece on it. Also laid over 10 corners in the game @ 6/5, there was 10 corners with about 10-15 min left and no more corners .

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                      A price I couldn't get over was in the Italy v Belgium game, Italy to have more than 2 corners in the game 6/4, had a duece on it. Also laid over 10 corners in the game @ 6/5, there was 10 corners with about 10-15 min left and no more corners .
                      How many corners did Italy win?. Thats a crazy low line at any odds not least 6/4!.
                      Had my first bet on corners in years in the Irl v Italy game in a treble, did over 9 luckily the treble was already beat on something else shortly into the Ireland game because there were 7 corners after 35 minutes so that bet was home an hosed yet it finished at 8 corners(4-4)!. Would have been some beat.

Comment

That price can't be right? Must have put it on the handicap or something because Italy would have been about Evs for over 4.5 corners. There were 14 corners in that game too?

Comment

Yeah 6/4 looks like Ita -2 on the hcap

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            That price can't be right? Must have put it on the handicap or something because Italy would have been about Evs for over 4.5 corners. There were 14 corners in that game too?
                            100% price was correct with PP, buddy of mine actually came up to me to see would I lay it, couldn't figure out the price so said, no chance and backed it myself for a deuce.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                              How many corners did Italy win?. Thats a crazy low line at any odds not least 6/4!.
                              Had my first bet on corners in years in the Irl v Italy game in a treble, did over 9 luckily the treble was already beat on something else shortly into the Ireland game because there were 7 corners after 35 minutes so that bet was home an hosed yet it finished at 8 corners(4-4)!. Would have been some beat.
                              Without looking it up think Italy had 5/6 corners

Comment

100% price was correct with PP, buddy of mine actually came up to me to see would I lay it, couldn't figure out the price so said, no chance and backed it myself for a deuce.
                                Screenshot of settlement? You're either mistaken(most likely) or it was a palpable error on their part.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

It's a good job there's an amnesty on this thread for not telling us about that. That's why this thread is great, it's like being in Cuba in the 40's. You probably should have had more than 2 euro on though

Comment

6/4 cant be right for 3 corners plus surely?

I would bave remortgaged the house to get it on.

Shall have to check their price on Iceland v England!

Edit -checked Ireland (biggest dogs) and over 3.5 is evs.Somebody made a mistake on your Italy bet!
                                    Last edited by Dice75; 25-06-16, 07:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      You never answered flushdraw. There was 14 corners in the match? And there was quite alot of coners in the last 10 mins (5). Dubious they would have paid out on the corners error if it was a large bet. By deuce do you mean 200?

highly dubious here

Comment

I don't know lads, maybe there was a mistake by PP with the price, but 100% it was 6/4 at the time I placed the bet. We were shocked ur selves, hence why I decided to share it here. Maybe it was the Ire v Sweden game was the corners bet, can't remember now but it was def on the Monday of our 1st game.

Comment

It's a good job there's an amnesty on this thread for not telling us about that. That's why this thread is great, it's like being in Cuba in the 40's. You probably should have had more than 2 euro on though
                                          A deuce is €200,not €2, I don't think I ever had a €2 bet

Comment

I had 1k on footballs to be used at euros at evens.

Comment

A deuce is €200,not €2, I don't think I ever had a €2 bet
                                              Ah I know that's why the El tren face. And don't be scoffing at a 2 euro bet. As my grandfather said you could be follying the crows for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                So...

€20 on Brady and 1-0 @55/1 (hummed and haawwwwed missing out on 66/1)

€20 on Keane and 1-0 @35/1 (money back)

most enjoyable €1k ive probably ever made
                                                I haven't bet on scorecast in ages but in the past the 20 on keane 1-0 should definitely have been settled as 20 on 1-0. Hopefully you can get some extra money out of it this way, get onto customer support about terms and conditions of the place as sometimes they are settled wrong

Serious congrats though
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                  I haven't bet on scorecast in ages but in the past the 20 on keane 1-0 should definitely have been settled as 20 on 1-0. Hopefully you can get some extra money out of it this way, get onto customer support about terms and conditions of the place as sometimes they are settled wrong

Serious congrats though
                                                  Cheers, thought that but was so wrapped up in the game, forgot to check

Bet Victor, now just void bets as too many people complained when the bets were settled as correct score bets

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                    Cheers, thought that but was so wrapped up in the game, forgot to check

Bet Victor, now just void bets as too many people complained when the bets were settled as correct score bets
                                                    Ah fuck that sucks, like really sucks.
                                                    I'd email them if I were you complaining that's why you bet it, since you knew keane wouldn't even start etc . Odds are ya won't but no harm in being a bit cheeky, can't understand that logic when all other sites do the other

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                      Ah fuck that sucks, like really sucks.
                                                      I'd email them if I were you complaining that's why you bet it, since you knew keane wouldn't even start etc . Odds are ya won't but no harm in being a bit cheeky, can't understand that logic when all other sites do the other

I don't know, opens up possibilities

If you think a game could be tight and a lad is going to be a sub
                                                      Bet it knowing you get your money back if he is not on pitch when goal scored

Comment

Sweating me bollox here, had a good chunk on Harzand in the Derby and Ireland +10 in Rugby, 4/5 and ev's double , currently 19-13, 8 min left.

Comment

Sweating me bollox here, had a good chunk on Harzand in the Derby and Ireland +10 in Rugby, 4/5 and ev's double , currently 19-13, 8 min left.
                                                          Boom, and vul Ireland not to get the win.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

$5 on them Icelandic Lads
                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

€887.5 scoop on 3 numbers(incl bonus ball) the teatime 49's for a 2.50 stake!.

Comment

Still on monkey tilt that the Argies cost me a potential big payout on France on Sunday but thankfully my tiltish 30/1 double on Portugal and France both minus one came in to soften the blow.

Just hammered the lot on a British Andy Murray/French football lift the trophies double. Meh sweat hopefully....

Comment

Just got this email from the brother!

A solicitor came over to me today. I know him well and he's an owner. Anyway he told me his horse is running at Downpatrick today. The syndicate went against the trainers judgement last time and the horse ran crap. The trainer told them all comically, next time let me tell you what to do with him. He was given full rein to place the horse. They were all very hopeful.
                                                                    He just won at Downpatrick. Opened at 14s and went off 10s. He won. L'attessa was his name. I didn't back him FFS
                                                                    The solicitor sought my number out and rang me. Hope you backed him he asked. I said I didn't. He went mad.
                                                                    I really thought it was an evening meeting so I said it'd check it out when I got home. FFS

Comment

Perry / Carter final and i thought the over 1.5 centuries at 5/4 was a great bet so much so i took 1/1 on another site i had my money in. Wasnt liking it when there was not 1 in the first session and for the first 3 in the final session. After the first session i was still somewhat hopeful as long as Perry could claw back a few frames and backed Perry at 23/10 for 1st century after first session at 6-3 down as he always plays his best when there is no pressure on him and he obliged with a 131 in the final session. So 9-5 down and 1 frame away from victory for Carter when Joe steps up and hits a 106!. The relief. And just for good measure Carter gets a century in the final frame.

First session:
                                                                      56-61, 79-0 (54), 73-41 (56), 40-75
                                                                      114-22 (78), 0-80 (80), 18-68 (54)
                                                                      50-70, 0-91 (91)

Second session
                                                                      17-115 (53, 61), 58-70 (58, 70), 70-33
                                                                      131-0 (131), 40-75, 123-4 (106), 68-34
                                                                      92-0, 0-127 (127)

Comment

Backed Australia womenz +17.5 and not looking good after 3rd qtr

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

SPOILER

#whatamIlike

Comment

#98
                                                                              Not sure if good or bad aftertiming.

Busted JPs game and sat at bar. Stuck €50 on Foie Gras @14s on tilt. Watched the wrong horse all the way till 50 yards to go i heard my lad was getting up on the rail to win.

Then found out they were paying double odds in shop 5 yards away.

Tldr shipped more than 2nd in tourney but couldve been better!

Comment

#99
                                                                                Was having a mare of a day and decided to draw a line under it after the 4.50 Leopardstown where I had €600 @ 9/2 on Breenainthemycra; 1.01 in-running gubbed. Had ATR still on in back round coming up to last race and I hated everything at the top of the market so said I'd throw a dart at an outsider.

SPOILER
                                                                                Hallelujah!
                                                                                Last edited by nicnicnic; 29-10-16, 17:28.

Comment

Boom! thats how to do it nicnicnic!. The quintessential 1 darter. Speaking of darts Jelle Klassen to beat Bunting this evening.

Comment

I started putting 10k on Roger Federer in the first two rounds of tennis tournaments in 2006, unless of course he was facing somebody that could be considered dangerous.

18 times I did it and won all of them with odds ranging from 1.08 down to 1.04.

Then along came Guillermo Canas and ended the run. The pain of that loss was unbearable. It didn't matter that I'd more than doubled my money before it, just losing that much money on one bet was too much for me.

It's funny when I'm out with friends and somebody throws up the question about the biggest amount you ever bet and most of them tell you about a winner they had with a €200 on it. I tell them I lost €10k and they look at me and are wondering if I'm joking or not.
                                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                      I started putting 10k on Roger Federer in the first two rounds of tennis tournaments in 2006, unless of course he was facing somebody that could be considered dangerous.

Then along came Guillermo Canas and ended the run. The pain of that loss was unbearable. It didn't matter that I'd more than doubled my money before it, just losing that much money on one bet was too much for me.

It's funny when I'm out with friends and somebody throws up the question about the biggest amount you ever bet and most of them tell you about a winner they had with a €200 on it. I tell them I lost €10k and they look at me and are wondering if I'm joking or not.
                                                                                      ...That is an incredible strategy Eagle, do you still do things like that?...

Comment

Was sitting at my desk on Friday afternoon looking at the PGA tour leaderboard and saw Seamus Power was up there. Power beat Cody Gribble by one on the web.com tour last year. Noticed that Gribble was making a second round charge and was only 3 back and still had a few holes to play. 200/1 seems fair. €50 ew.

1st 5 figure score on the golf. Drinks are on me.
                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Id be sticking that in the BBV, nice one !!
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                            ...That is an incredible strategy Eagle, do you still do things like that?...
                                                                                            No, not anymore. That one hurt too much and I gave it up for a while until I got brave enough again, with a smaller stake, and did it again for a while using different players and not just Federer.

Kid came along then and all my stake money dissipated so I'm not at it anymore. Maybe when I builld a stake again I might look at doing something like it again. I'm always looking at ways to make the machine work for me.

I'm thinking that backing and laying on tennis after one set could be valuable but I need to get a lot of stats together before I would do that.

My brother developed a horse racing stats app for a bit of fun which logged all Irish bumpers. He was looking at stats for races and came up with some interesting stuff regarding odds on favourites from top stables and when they lose. I think there is money to made off his app but it's for private use only, it was just something he did for fun.

I was asking him if he could do a similar one for tennis with the type of court, first sets won and stuff like that in it and he said he could but he hasn't come back to me yet.
                                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Crazy bastard.
                                                                                              What was the total return before the wheels fell off?
                                                                                              His odds there aren't really that arbitary, I'd imagine it's a net loser long term. So if you got out in the green hold you head high.

I'm thinking that backing and laying on tennis after one set could be valuable but I need to get a lot of stats together before I would do that.

I was asking him if he could do a similar one for tennis with the type of court, first sets won and stuff like that in it and he said he could but he hasn't come back to me yet.
                                                                                              I would imagine in a sport like tennis, where there are limited statistically outcomes, somebody is currently using stats like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Crazy bastard.
                                                                                                What was the total return before the wheels fell off?
                                                                                                His odds there aren't really that arbitary, I'd imagine it's a net loser long term. So if you got out in the green hold you head high.

I would imagine in a sport like tennis, where there are limited statistically outcomes, somebody is currently using stats like that.
                                                                                                i doubt he was able to continously bet on federer for a continous run of 10k plus with a bookies if he was in have a run like that? maybe he ment lay? if you can get that matched which would be hard

no stats needed in tennis they just use courtside spotters to back/lay. an app wont give you that edge

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                                  i doubt he was able to continously bet on federer for a continous run of 10k plus with a bookies if he was in have a run like that? maybe he ment lay? if you can get that matched which would be hard

no stats needed in tennis they just use courtside spotters to back/lay. an app wont give you that edge
                                                                                                  Presuming when he uses 1.04 1.08 he was doing it on betfair.
                                                                                                  Otherwise he would say 1/25 1/12

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                    Presuming when he uses 1.04 1.08 he was doing it on betfair.
                                                                                                    Otherwise he would say 1/25 1/12
                                                                                                    well you can pick go decimal if you wish in any places online but yeah he must ment backing on betfair i suppose. hit on the commission. dont know if the figures stack up.

my main point was tennis is too corupt not a sound stratgey.

Comment

California Chrome last leg of a 5 fold later. One time.....

Comment

selling 24-27 spread in New Zealand / Ireland never felt so good

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          California Chrome last leg of a 5 fold later. One time.....
                                                                                                          Could lay for €1.6k.

Meh.

Letsgo......

Edit. Cuntflaps.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 06-11-16, 00:50.

Comment

Could lay for €1.6k.

Meh.

Letsgo......

Edit. Cuntflaps.
                                                                                                            Unlucky

Comment

Had Arrogate-California Chrone in an exacta

Just missed out on the trifecta

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                                Unlucky
                                                                                                                Tiltmonkeyed a monkey on Alexis fgs 2mrw. Worked earlier with the same bet on Hazard after Burnleys 94min winner cost me 4 draws for 2.5k

tbf shudda layed out based on exchange prices with 5 mins 2 go

Comment

€887.5 scoop on 3 numbers(incl bonus ball) the teatime 49's for a 2.50 stake!.
                                                                                                                  Repeated the feat on the afternoon 49's today!
                                                                                                                  Another quickpick

Comment

Tiltmonkeyed a monkey on Alexis fgs 2mrw.
                                                                                                                    Unlucky, as a matter of interest what were the other selections in your accum and prices and whats 'Alexis fgs'?

Comment

Unlucky, as a matter of interest what were the other selections in your accum and prices and whats 'Alexis fgs'?
                                                                                                                      Alexis Sanchez First Goal Scorer

Comment

Did it in shop so slip is gone.

Chelsea minus one
                                                                                                                        Sceaux Royale
                                                                                                                        Growl
                                                                                                                        Cant remember 3rd horse
                                                                                                                        California Chrome

Horses were all evens up to 6/4 bar the last loser at 5/6

Had a treble on the two horses above and California Chrome also.

Comment

Took an unpaid holiday from tomorrow for a week (lot of stuff to sort out, no holiday pay in bank)

Unpaid holiday @London prices is not really the done thing!

Getting home to find my dead in the water bet on Alex Noren @20/1 has somehow come in after he shoots a final round 63 and leader shoots a 75

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X