Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like everyone except the British Government has a brexit plan in place.

Last edited by elbows; 12-11-18, 20:07.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Springboard, gov scheme upskill the population, focusing on tech.
      Abandon all upskilling now lads. The womenz gonna get the job.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        This is insane and stupid on so many levels!

Hope he carries a donor card.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          One of us! One of us!

Yeah, that's the size they are, I don't mind the odd avocado myself but my daughters are very excited by the prospect of these.

They are probably aren't even going to be as nice a ripe small one.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Yeah, that's the size they are, I don't mind the odd avocado myself but my daughters are very excited by the prospect of these.

They are probably aren't even going to be as nice a ripe small one.
            Pity you won't get them into the country. I assume they are coming from Africa?

Comment

You can get them in Avoca though.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Maurice McCabe story starting on rte1 now

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                  That was excellent

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                      That was excellent
                      Part 2 on tomorrow night I think.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I see everybody is busy in work today

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              you've changed, laz.
                              Avoca though,..Avoca though, wha wha?

Ah, whaddya know from funny ye bastards
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

More Brexit fun
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      Avoca though,..Avoca though, wha wha?

Ah, whaddya know from funny ye bastards
                                      Aren't Avoca doing nicely from direct provision? Hard support a company like that
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Had my first go in a local gym yesterday. The physio is quite a bit tougher than the ones in hospital. Really expected to be sore this morning, but felt fine.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                            Had my first go in a local gym yesterday. The physio is quite a bit tougher than the ones in hospital. Really expected to be sore this morning, but felt fine.
                                            You'll be crippled tomorrow imo
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Possible false sense of security, the DOMS are often far worse on Day 2

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                Aren't Avoca doing nicely from direct provision? Hard support a company like that
                                                Jesus it must be tiresome all the same.

Comment

Whats the go to budget smartphone these days?
                                                  My missus has banjoed all of my legacy one plus devices so I'm not giving her those anymore.
                                                  Looking at something in black friday sales
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Haha I did t really read it was just a comment as I had been reading about it recently.
                                                    Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                    Jesus it must be tiresome all the same.
                                                    What do you mean?
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

An armed private security guard was killed by police after he detained a gunman, witnesses say.

An armed security guard at a bar in suburban Chicago was killed by police as he detained a suspected gunman, according to officials and witnesses.

After gunfire erupted around 04:00 local time on Sunday, Jemel Roberson, 26, chased down an attacker and knelt on his back until police arrived.

Moments after police came on the scene, an officer opened fire on Roberson, who was black, killing him.
                                                      'Murica

If only there was a good guy with a gun to stop the other good guys....

Comment

Moto g all the way DP. Amazon
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                          Possible false sense of security, the DOMS are often far worse on Day 2
                                                          far worse on day 2, but not great on day one either. he doesn't seem to be feeling anything on day 1

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            Whats the go to budget smartphone these days?
                                                            My missus has banjoed all of my legacy one plus devices so I'm not giving her those anymore.
                                                            Looking at something in black friday sales
                                                            moto g6 play seems to be the go to one. Son has one. it's a decent piece of kit

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                              Second and final part of this on at 9.35 tonight. What a story, what a man. The stuff he's had to endure is off the scale

Comment

The avocados made it back in better shape than me, been on the go since 3:30 AM Irish time on Monday and a few hours yet to go.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                  far worse on day 2, but not great on day one either. he doesn't seem to be feeling anything on day 1
                                                                  Probably should have said that I have done 8 weeks of 3 hours a week of rehab in Tallaght hospital just prior to this. So I'm not starting from absolutely nothing, though it still feels strange not being wired up to a heart monitor.

Comment

Comment

Comment

There ain't no shambles like a UK brexit omnishambles
                                                                        A moratorium on brexit coverage until an actual deal is agreed would be great, the news just adds to the waste of human capital.

Comment

I was sitting in a one-room corrugated metal shack with an Ethiopian guy for the afternoon yesterday who was chuckling about the mess that May is in. While today I was talking to a well traveled Indian guy who studied and worked for years in England (currently lives in France) who asked me how I voted in brexit and continued to refer to me as being from the UK, even after he asked me to explain the history of partition to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            I was sitting in a one-room corrugated metal shack with an Ethiopian guy for the afternoon yesterday who was chuckling about the mess that May is in. While today I was talking to a well traveled Indian guy who studied and worked for years in England (currently lives in France) who asked me how I voted in brexit and continued to refer to me as being from the UK, even after he asked me to explain the history of partition to him.
                                                                            Chinese guy, in his 50's who has sat in the desk beside me for 6+ years regularly asks be about everything English, whether it's sports, political or the most recent royal's being born and I've told him that I'm either not English, don't care about it because I'm not English or don't know anything about it because again I'm not English, still doesn't matter. English soccer international this week, if they lose he'll come over and ask me did I watch it (for sports it's only when they lose that he seems interested) and will be perplexed when I say no and he'll ask why and I'll explain it again to him which he'll just shrug in response and next month we will play the game again when he happens to read some news about England. If he wasn't so unaware of other things happening in the office I'd think he's trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                              Chinese guy, in his 50's who has sat in the desk beside me for 6+ years regularly asks be about everything English, whether it's sports, political or the most recent royal's being born and I've told him that I'm either not English, don't care about it because I'm not English or don't know anything about it because again I'm not English, still doesn't matter. English soccer international this week, if they lose he'll come over and ask me did I watch it (for sports it's only when they lose that he seems interested) and will be perplexed when I say no and he'll ask why and I'll explain it again to him which he'll just shrug in response and next month we will play the game again when he happens to read some news about England. If he wasn't so unaware of other things happening in the office I'd think he's trolling.
                                                                              Have you never tried asking him what's going on with some local Japanese baseball team?

Comment

Have you never tried asking him what's going on with some local Japanese baseball team?
                                                                                Ha I should, we've talked about China/Taiwan, Ireland/England and China in general but the idea of Ireland not being part of England or even being it's own little island just doesn't register with him.

Comment

...

Comment

On the other hand, China is so big with so many people, it's probably a bit offensive that most of us don't know one end of it from the other.

Comment

On the other hand, China is so big with so many people, it's probably a bit offensive that most of us don't know one end of it from the other.
                                                                                      A good friend of mine lived there for two years recently and even after the numerous times I've asked what part he lived in, I can't remember, was just a small city with a population of over 8 million though. Probably gets annoyed when I ask him every few months, where were you living again. I'm no better than the old guy sitting beside me.

Comment

Even in Europe 30 years ago, most people assumed we were English because we spoke English. I remember being on a weird brass band trip of Europe in 1986, and we were so pissed off when some town gave us a backdrop of the Union Jack to play in front of. Think it was somewhere in France though couldn't be sure.

Comment

Was speaking to a Chinese dude who's very connected to Chinese gov. A Dean of a business school in China, who was over visiting. Sets up Confucius Institutes around world for Chinese government. Mentioned I was from Ireland and he starts taking about micro politics in Ireland. Knew every single politician and what they do and their perspectives and views. When the Chinese are informed they are scarily well informed.
                                                                                          Just like our eamo...
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

So, yesterday this turned up in my feed, which struck me as something of an, um, mispresentation… and somehow, I ended up writing my own version of how this whole thing went down… &nbsp…

This explains what Graham Linehan has been going on about on Twitter
                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                              https://janeclarejones.com/2018/11/1...the-terf-wars/

This explains what Graham Linehan has been going on about on Twitter
                                                                                              I'm not going to read that, but the 3 people I'd like to stop tweeting are

1. Trump
                                                                                              2. Glinner
                                                                                              3. Hitchhiker

2&3 because they must have better things to do with their time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                I frequently ask for a big Mac in burger king and a whopper in Mcds. Sometimes they are irked other times not so much. Are the fries the same ? Can't remember . Now I'm hungry.

Comment

...

Comment

I see Party are currently $4m short of their $10m guarantee in the Bahamas Main Event with a few hours late reg to go. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      I see Party are currently $4m short of their $10m guarantee in the Bahamas Main Event with a few hours late reg to go. Yikes.
                                                                                                      Rob Young was probably on the phone to Paul Jackson to make that gradually disappear! There'll be a private jet on route from the UK filled with players

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        Just like our eamo...
                                                                                                        I've still fuck all idea what anyone is on about, do I have to read back?

In other news..

airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Younger kid, who started school in September is making tentative attempts at smacktalk due to schoolyard lessons. Big sister was doing something annoying and he goes 'well you have peepee on your pantalon' (a glorious mix of languages there, speaking none well). That in itself was not particularly notable, it was more the way he looked around afterwards with a grimace on his face suggesting 'I've gone too far now haven't I?! oh my god what have me and my big stupid mouth gone and done!'. Must be tough on the mean slides and swings of downtown private school.
                                                                                                            Medium child is experimenting with what he can get away with in terms of 'bad language'. This usually manifests itself in telling younger sister that she's a shithead or a fucker, watching her run to Dad\Mum and gauging what the reaction is so that he can ramp it up\dial it down for the next iteration.

I just ignore it.

Comment

It's probably not the thread to ask but I don't want to start a new one, but in case someone knows, is there much poker, more specifically any cash, down in the Waterford area at the weekends?

I know there's a tourney in Dungarvan and another pub near the city but I'd have little interest mid week.

Comment

Younger kid, who started school in September is making tentative attempts at smacktalk due to schoolyard lessons. Big sister was doing something annoying and he goes 'well you have peepee on your pantalon' (a glorious mix of languages there, speaking none well). That in itself was not particularly notable, it was more the way he looked around afterwards with a grimace on his face suggesting 'I've gone too far now haven't I?! oh my god what have me and my big stupid mouth gone and done!'. Must be tough on the mean slides and swings of downtown private school.
                                                                                                                Was sure this some kind of Beavis and Butthead thing. Tres decu

Comment

Lol
                                                                                                                  FLORIDA—Broward County, which has had trouble meeting its legal deadlines in the counting of ballots, has now brought in a consultant to speed up the recount: counting expert Count von Count.

Comment

came across this today, the EU kicks back at the right-wing press nonsense. Turns out the European Parliament respond to the propaganda and tell it to fuck off.

List of subjects are in a spoiler and all the links are on here
                                                                                                                    Keeping you up-to-date with the latest news from the European Commission Representation in the UK

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Euromyths A-Z index
                                                                                                                    A-Z Index of Euromyths 1992 to 2017
                                                                                                                    A
                                                                                                                    Abattoirs – EC hygiene rules force closure of abattoirs, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Abattoirs – Local meat products under threat from new EC Health Directives, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Acres – Acres are outlawed by Brussels, Jul 2008
                                                                                                                    Acrobats, Africa – EU funding for African acrobats and trapeze artists, July 2015
                                                                                                                    Aga – New EU sulphur rules will cause problems with oil-fired Aga’s, Dec 2009
                                                                                                                    A-levels – EU to phase out A-levels for EU style diplomas, Jan 2000
                                                                                                                    Acorns – EU to prevent the sale of English oak seeds, Nov 1994
                                                                                                                    Advertising, sex discrimination – EU to ban advertising for same-sex flats, Sep 2004
                                                                                                                    Advertising, sweets and toys – Swedish Presidency will force a ban on sweet and toy ads, Feb 1999
                                                                                                                    Africa, Circus artists – EU funding for African acrobats and trapeze artists, July 2015
                                                                                                                    Agriculture, set-aside – Farmers to be encouraged to mow land early resulting in “massacre” of game, May 1993
                                                                                                                    Agriculture, subsidies and fraud – CAP spending and fraud out of control, Aug 1993
                                                                                                                    Agriculture, three-crop rule – EU tells British farmers what they can grow, Nov 2014
                                                                                                                    Aircraft, low flying jets – MOD to be forced to pay compensation for military jet noise pollution, Dec 1995
                                                                                                                    Alcohol sales – EU ‘bans boozing’, Feb 2005
                                                                                                                    Ale, name – Light ale to be forced to change its name, May 2005
                                                                                                                    Allergen rules – UK diners will face £200m for EU allergen rules, Nov 2014
                                                                                                                    Ambulances – False alarm over 999 calls, Dec 2006
                                                                                                                    Ambulances – Ambulances turn yellow for Europe, Mar 2002
                                                                                                                    Ambulances, St Johns – EU to force St Johns Ambulances to replace its entire fleet, Apr 2002
                                                                                                                    America – Let’s quit the EU and link up with America, Oct 1998
                                                                                                                    Animals, use of human medicines – Human medicines to be forbidden for use on animals, Feb/Mar 1995
                                                                                                                    Anthem, European – Europeans to find themselves singing about “the motherland”, Feb 2004
                                                                                                                    Anti-drugs, Peru – Taxpayers money used to rehabilitate Peruvian drug addicts, Jul 2014
                                                                                                                    Apples, Apple orchards – British apple orchards to lose out to over productive continental farms, Mar 1995
                                                                                                                    Apples, Danish – EC regulations forbid the marketing of Ingrid Marie apple, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Apples, standards – Quality standards ban curved cucumbers and certain apples, Jun 1993
                                                                                                                    Aristocrats, and wine labels – EC to register aristocrats to check for improper labelling of wine, Oct 1993
                                                                                                                    Army vehicles – Army to be forced to upgrade trailers in line with EU Directive, Jun 2005
                                                                                                                    Asylum laws – Misunderstanding between EU and UN asylum laws, Feb 2000
                                                                                                                    Aviation – ‘Open Skies’ treaty threatens fight agains global warming, Feb 2006

B
                                                                                                                    Baby rattles – EC to ban noisy toys, Jan 1996
                                                                                                                    Bagpipes – EU safety directives to ban playgrounds, trapeze artists and bagpipes, Aug 2005
                                                                                                                    Bagpipes, noise levels – Bagpipes to be quietened by an edict from Brussels, Apr 2008
                                                                                                                    Bailout – EU demanding £6bn from Britain for a new bailout, Sep 2013
                                                                                                                    Bailout, emergency funding – UK called upon to provide more emergency funding, Jun 2016
                                                                                                                    Balloons – EU bans children from blowing up balloons, Oct 2011
                                                                                                                    Bananas – Curved or small bananas to be banned by Brussels, Sep 1994
                                                                                                                    Bananas – Curved bananas, Mar 1998
                                                                                                                    Bananas, funding – £3billion for bananas, Feb 2013
                                                                                                                    Bank accounts, ID requirements when opening – Children to be prevented from opening bank accounts due to ID laws, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    Barmaids – EU health directive to prevent barmaids from showing cleavage, Nov 2005
                                                                                                                    Barometers – Preassure rises on Britain’s barometer makers, Mar 2006
                                                                                                                    Barrister’s wigs – Traditional barrister’s wig to be scrapped, Apr 2002
                                                                                                                    Beaches, Bathing water – EU to ban our beaches, April 2014
                                                                                                                    Bed & Breakfasts, dogs in – Rules on whether dogs may be allowed in B&B kitchens or not, Mar 2006
                                                                                                                    Beer, ale – Light ale gets a name change, May 2005
                                                                                                                    Bells, church – EU law bans church bells, Oct 2002
                                                                                                                    Benefits, free movement, residency, NHS – EU rights to reside in another member state, EU benefit claimants and NHS treatment entitlement, Feb 2013
                                                                                                                    Benefit tourism, migration – 600,000 unemployed EU migrants in the UK, October 2013
                                                                                                                    Bin collection fees – EU to introduce tax on recycling, Feb 2016
                                                                                                                    Binge drinking – EU wants binge tax on our beer, Feb 2006
                                                                                                                    Bingo, phrases used – EU wants to ban bingo callers from using phrases like “two fat ladies”, Dec 2009
                                                                                                                    Black boxes – EU wants one in every car, Nov 2009
                                                                                                                    Birth certificates – EU to force the UK to change or abolish national birth certificates, Aug 2013
                                                                                                                    Buy one, get one free – 2-for-1 bargains to be banned, Sep 1999
                                                                                                                    Bombay mix – Bombay mix to be renamed Mumbai mix, Jul 2006
                                                                                                                    Bones – Butchers cannot give a dog a bone, May 2004
                                                                                                                    Books, standardisation of prices – Britain’s book export trade to be damaged by new price standardisations, May 1993
                                                                                                                    Books, VAT – UK government forced to abolish zero rate VAT on books and newspapers, Mar 1993
                                                                                                                    Booze – EU ‘bans boozing’, Feb 2005
                                                                                                                    Bottles and squeeze tubes, food outlets – Condiments must be offered in sachets, Apr 1993
                                                                                                                    Brainwashing , EU propaganda– EU brainwashing children, Jan 2012
                                                                                                                    Brandy butter – Traditional brandy butter to be banned, Jun 1998
                                                                                                                    Bread, size – British loaf of bread under threat from EU, Oct 1997
                                                                                                                    Breakfast, fry-ups – Traditional trucker’s fry-ups to be banned, Sep 2001
                                                                                                                    British meat – EU wants to ban Union flag from British meat packs, Sep 2013
                                                                                                                    Broadband speeds, red tape – EU red tape force down broadband speeds, May 2016
                                                                                                                    Broadcasting, licence fees – EC planning to ban license fees as “state aids”, Sep 1994
                                                                                                                    Budget airlines, EU staff – EU officials banned from flying Ryanair, Mar 2012
                                                                                                                    Budget, EU – £19.4 billion “black hole” in the EU budget, Jun 2016
                                                                                                                    Buildings, indoor air pollution research – EU trying to quantify smell of British workers, Sep 1996
                                                                                                                    Bull bars – EU halting British move to ban bull bars, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    Bulldogs – EU seeks to outlaw 60 dog breeds, Jul 1995
                                                                                                                    Bullfighting – British taxpayers subsidising bullfighting, Nov 2014
                                                                                                                    Bus drivers – Driven crazy by barmy bus driver Brussels ruling, Jan 1999
                                                                                                                    Buses, double-decker – EU safety rules will dispose of London double-decker, Jan 1995
                                                                                                                    Buses, double-decker – Double-decker buses to be banned, Apr 1998
                                                                                                                    Buses, journeys – Passengers to pay a second fare for journeys over 30 miles, Jan 1999
                                                                                                                    Buses, passengers on ‘closed door tours’ – EC regulations forbid the carrying of British passengers, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Buses, seat belts – Britain powerless to introduce new seat belt laws without backing from the EC, Nov 1993
                                                                                                                    Business, red tape – UK businesses strangled by EU red tape, Oct 2013
                                                                                                                    Business, tax – EU tax bombshell that could cost businesses £48bn a year, Oct 2015
                                                                                                                    Butchers (see also Meat products) – EC closes butchers shops, Nov 1992

C
                                                                                                                    Cakes – EU bans eating competition cakes, Aug 2008
                                                                                                                    Cancer treatment – “EU red tape” is denying cancer patients access to new treatments, Jun 2016
                                                                                                                    Candles – EU wants to control your candles, Dec 2015
                                                                                                                    Cannons – 21-gun salutes to be muffled, Mar 2006
                                                                                                                    Car boot sales – Brussels threatens charity shops and car boot sales, Oct 2000
                                                                                                                    Cars, green – Millions wasted on green cars, Jul 2016
                                                                                                                    Cars, number plates – British car number plates to be axed by EU, April 2014
                                                                                                                    Cars, vintage – Vintage cars to be forcibly removed from the road, Jun 1999
                                                                                                                    Cars, washing – EC to demand petrol interceptors in drains or ban car washing, Nov 1993
                                                                                                                    Casinos, ID requirements – ID required at casinos, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    Census – EU asks women about their sex lives, Nov 2007
                                                                                                                    Chalet girls – Chalet girls to face extinction from foreign employment directive, Nov 1994
                                                                                                                    Charity shops – Brussels threatens charity shops and car boot sales, Oct 2000
                                                                                                                    Charity shops, toys – Charity shops banned from selling second hand toys, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Cheese, British – British cheese face extinction, May 1999
                                                                                                                    Cheese, Caerphilly – Caerphilly cheese production halted due to EU rules, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    Cheese, listeria in – EC rules on levels of listeria threaten British cheeses, Feb 1995
                                                                                                                    Cheese, mozzarella – EU calling for Italians to produce mozzarella using powdered milk, July 2015
                                                                                                                    Cheese, serving temperature – EC moves to ban Ploughman’s sandwiches with new cheese temperature regulations, Jun 1993
                                                                                                                    Cheese, soft cheese – Milk-based product directive to outlaw soft cheeses, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Child labour – EU meddlers ban kids on milk rounds, Aug 1998
                                                                                                                    Chinese toys – Chinese toy imports are to be banned unless humanlike in form, Jul 1994
                                                                                                                    Chips, prices – Potato prices set to soar due to bad crop and EU rules, Jan 1995
                                                                                                                    Chocolate – Chocolote or ‘vegelate’, Apr 1998
                                                                                                                    Christmas, costumes – Mother Christmas outfits are the result of sex discrimination laws, Oct 2001
                                                                                                                    Christmas puddings, Royal Navy – EU bans wooden oars for stirring the Christmas Pudding, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Christmas trees – EC to promote standardised Christmas trees, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Church, bells – Village church bells silenced by EU, Oct 2002
                                                                                                                    Church, VAT – EU to may churches pay full VAT, Sep 2003
                                                                                                                    Cigars, health warning and pub sales – Sales of cigars to fall due to be sold individually with a health warning, Jan 1994
                                                                                                                    Cinema, independent film – EU threat to British film industry, Feb 2015
                                                                                                                    Circus artists, Africa – EU funding for African acrobats and trapeze artists, July 2015
                                                                                                                    Circuses – Circus performers required to wear hard hats, Jul 2003
                                                                                                                    Circuses – EU safety directives to ban playgrounds, trapeze artists and bagpipes, Aug 2005
                                                                                                                    Climbers, height – Mountains must display height warning signs for climbers, Mar 2004
                                                                                                                    Climbers, safety wedges – Brussels bans climbers’ safety wedges, Feb 1995
                                                                                                                    Climbers, safety wedges – Brussels to take the fun out of climbing, Jul 1995
                                                                                                                    Clothing, designer – UK supermarkets banned from issuing sales on designer clothes, Aug 1998
                                                                                                                    Clothing, kilts – Kilts to be classified as women’s wear, November 2003
                                                                                                                    Clothing, women’s sizes – Women’s clothes sizes to get bigger due to standardisation, April 2002
                                                                                                                    Clothing, zips – EU plans to ban zipper trousers, May 1999
                                                                                                                    Clotted cream – Cornish clotted cream to be made in Brittany, Mar 1998
                                                                                                                    Coaches, seat belts – Britain powerless to introduce new seat belt laws without backing from the EC, Nov 1993
                                                                                                                    Coaches, to replace buses – EU safety rules will dispose of London double-decker, Jan 1995
                                                                                                                    Cockles – Scores of foreign boats to invade Essex coast – Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Cockles – Cockle traders to be forced to buy expensive steaming equipment, Feb 1993
                                                                                                                    Cod – Cod no longer to be called cod thanks to EU, Sep 2001
                                                                                                                    Coffee – EU wants to ban coffee machines, April 2014
                                                                                                                    Coffee – EU wants to restrict your coffee drinking, May 2015
                                                                                                                    Coffins – EC to standardise coffins sizes, Feb 1993
                                                                                                                    Combine harvesters – “Ludicrous” EU regulation bans using combine harvesters in the wet, Oct 2008
                                                                                                                    Commission, building – EC to build £900 million tower for staff, Mar 1993
                                                                                                                    Commission, hot-air balloons – Commission wasting hundreds of thousands on hot-air balloons, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Commission, library – EC library to cost £2,138 for every book borrowed, Feb 2005
                                                                                                                    Commission, pensions – EU staff retire early with huge pensions, Aug 2005
                                                                                                                    Commission, staff pay and tax – EC employees are over-paid and do not pay tax, Mar 1993
                                                                                                                    Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) – CAP spending and fraud out of control, Aug 1993
                                                                                                                    Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), rapeseed – EU responsible for your hay fever, May 2015
                                                                                                                    Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) – CAP subsidies to large landowners, Sep 2016
                                                                                                                    Common Fisheries Policy – Common Fisheries Policy is illegal under British law, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Common Fisheries Policy, seabed – EU plot to seize control of our seabed, Feb 2013
                                                                                                                    Competition prizes – Plan to cap prizes, Mar 2003
                                                                                                                    Condiments – Condiments must be offered in sachets, Apr 1993
                                                                                                                    Condoms – Condom dimensions to be harmonised, Mar 2000
                                                                                                                    Condoms, for fishermen – Fishing boats obliged to carry condoms, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Condoms, testing of – EU to push for standard condom size, Oct 1994
                                                                                                                    Congestion charges – UK motorists should pay congestion charge to drive in every town, Feb 2016
                                                                                                                    Consumer protection, dangerous products – UK to be invaded by poor quality products, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Copyright – EU vote could curb taping of music and TV programmes , Feb 1999
                                                                                                                    Copyright, tourist photography – EU banning tourist photos of the London Eye, June 2015
                                                                                                                    Copyright, video recordings – Copyright Tax to be levied on all home VCR recordings, Mar 2000
                                                                                                                    Corgis – Corgis to be banned by EU, Apr 2002
                                                                                                                    Cornish pasties – TTIP will allow Cornish pasties to be “made in America”, Sep 2015
                                                                                                                    Corporal punishment – EU Court may ban smacking, Jun 1998
                                                                                                                    Corporations, tax – EU plots to tax Britain, May 2015
                                                                                                                    Corpses – EU plans to liquify corpses and pour them down the drain, July 2010
                                                                                                                    Cosmetics and personal care products – Row over Latin labels, May 1999
                                                                                                                    Cotton – EU plans for cotton duty ‘will cost jobs’, Jun 1998
                                                                                                                    Country of origin – Bags made in the UK from leather made in Italy will no longer be able to use a “Made in Britain” tag, Aug 2013
                                                                                                                    Country-specific recommendations, economic policy, – EU tells PM to tear up economic policy, June 2014
                                                                                                                    Court of Auditors report – EU accounts not signed off…again, Nov 2013
                                                                                                                    Cow gut violin strings – EU bans cow gut violin strings, Nov 2011
                                                                                                                    Cows, nappies – EU is forcing cows to wear nappies, Oct 2014
                                                                                                                    Corporate credit cards, expenses – EU officials spends £85 million on specially issued credit cards, August 2015
                                                                                                                    Crayons, lead, toys – Eurocrats are clamping down on colouring pencils (Jan, 2017)
                                                                                                                    Credit card payments, transaction fees – Millions of Britons will lose credit card perks because of EU, Apr 2015
                                                                                                                    Cricket teas – Traditional cricket teas will be subjected to random hygiene checks, Apr 1993
                                                                                                                    Crime, victims – EU favours criminals over victims, Mar 2012
                                                                                                                    Crisps, prawn cocktail – EC to ban prawn cocktail crisps, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Crisps, smoky bacon – Smoky bacon crisps to be banned, May 2003
                                                                                                                    Crockery, dinner service – EU “embassies” spending millions on crockery, July 2015
                                                                                                                    Cucumbers – EC to ban curved cucumbers, May 1993
                                                                                                                    Cucumbers – Cucumbers must be straight, Mar 1998
                                                                                                                    Cucumbers – Quality standards ban curved cucumbers and certain apples, Jun 1993
                                                                                                                    Curriculum – Brussels to develop Europe-wide school curriculum, Aug 2000
                                                                                                                    Curriculum Vitae (CV) – Euro CV to create more discrimination, Feb 2002

D
                                                                                                                    Darts, to be banned in pubs – Commission plans to outlaws darts in pubs, Jun 1993
                                                                                                                    Data protection, and journalism – Data protection laws to “kill-off” investigative journalism, Oct 1993
                                                                                                                    Dentistry – EU outlaws teeth whitening products, Feb 2003
                                                                                                                    Dentists, doctors – EU blocking vital checks on doctors’ qualifications, Apr 2016
                                                                                                                    Designer goods – On Sale: The designer bargains Brussels banned, Aug 1998
                                                                                                                    Devolution – Devolution is an EU scam, Dec 1998
                                                                                                                    Digital products, VAT rules – Brussels making life impossible for small online businesses, Apr 2015
                                                                                                                    Diplomatic immunity – EU workers immune from law, Mar 2005
                                                                                                                    Dinner service, crockery – EU “embassies” spending millions on crockery, July 2015
                                                                                                                    DIY – EU rules ban the DIY electricians, Nov 2004
                                                                                                                    Doctors – EU doctors in UK a threat to patients, Sep 2016
                                                                                                                    Doctors, dentists – EU blocking vital checks on doctors’ qualifications, Apr 2016
                                                                                                                    Doctors, language skills – UK hospital have to employ people who do not speak English, Apr 2012
                                                                                                                    Doctors and GPs, training – Hundreds of GPs to be forced to acquire additional qualifications, Sep 1994
                                                                                                                    Doctors and GPs, working hours – 58 hour working week will ground hospitals to a halt, Aug 2004
                                                                                                                    Doctors and GPs, working hours – UK doctors unable to treat off shore patients at night, Feb 1999
                                                                                                                    Dogs, breeding – EU seeks to outlaw 60 dog breeds, Jul 1995
                                                                                                                    Dogs, breeding – Queen’s corgis to be outlawed, Apr 2002
                                                                                                                    Dogs, dog bones – Giving a dog a bone is to be banned, May 2004
                                                                                                                    Domain names – All “.co.uk” domain names to replaced with “.eu”, Feb 2000
                                                                                                                    Double-decker buses – EU safety rules will dispose of London double-decker, Jan 1995
                                                                                                                    Double-decker buses – Double-decker buses to be banned, Apr 1998
                                                                                                                    Drink-driving limits – EU to cut drink-driving limits, Jan 2001
                                                                                                                    Driving, congestion charges – UK motorists should pay congestion charge to drive in every town, Feb 2016
                                                                                                                    Driving, fines, speeding tickets – EU to fine British drivers , Jan 2017
                                                                                                                    Driving licences, HGV drivers – HGV drivers not permitted to wear glasses, Feb 1996
                                                                                                                    Dumping, fridges – EU environmental plans lead to thousands of dumped fridges, Nov 2004

E
                                                                                                                    Eco-labels, toilets – EU wants to regulate toilets, Oct 2013
                                                                                                                    Economat – Officials shop tax-free in exclusive Brussels supermarket, Sep 1999
                                                                                                                    Economic policy, Country-specific recommendations – EU tells PM to tear up economic policy, June 2014
                                                                                                                    Eggs – New eggs cannot be called eggs, Aug 2000
                                                                                                                    Eggs, sold by the dozen – EU plans to ban the sale of eggs by the dozen, Jun 2010
                                                                                                                    Eggs – EU orders eggs to be stamped with home address, Feb 2003
                                                                                                                    Elections – EU may force UK to give criminals vote, Feb 2006
                                                                                                                    Electrical goods, voltage – EU voltage harmonisation plan threatens British appliances, Feb 1995
                                                                                                                    Electric blankets – Regulators to set maximum heat of electric blankets, leaving pensioners cold, Oct 1993
                                                                                                                    Electric plugs – UK to be forced to adopt continental two pin plug, Jun 1994
                                                                                                                    E-mark – 999 services safe from EU interference, Oct 2001
                                                                                                                    Emergency number – Britain to phase out 999 emergency number, Jan 2000
                                                                                                                    Emissions, sulphur, shipping – EU fuel diktat could slap £50 on your ferry ticket, Dec 2014
                                                                                                                    Emissions trading scheme – EU green levy will add £130 to the cost of a family holiday, Jan 2012
                                                                                                                    Energy efficiency, Sunday roasts – EU is targeting the Sunday roast, Jan 2015
                                                                                                                    English Channel – English Channel to be re-named ‘Anglo-French Pond’, Apr 2010
                                                                                                                    Environment – ‘Open Skies’ treaty threatens fight agains global warming, Feb 2006
                                                                                                                    EU accounts, Court of Auditors report – EU accounts not signed off…again, Nov 2013
                                                                                                                    EU budget, UK contribution – Brussels demands extra £500m from UK taxpayers, May 2014
                                                                                                                    EU budget, UK contribution – Massive increase in UK contribution, Nov 2014
                                                                                                                    EU budget – £19.4 billion “black hole” in the EU budget, Jun 2016
                                                                                                                    EU cost – Britain’s payments to Brussels rises by £500m, Aug 2009
                                                                                                                    EU flag – Brussels forces Government department to fly EU flag, June 2012
                                                                                                                    EU flag – UK authorities forced to fly EU flag, Jan 2014
                                                                                                                    EU flag sports teams – EU stipulates that sports teams should wear the EU flag, Nov 2011
                                                                                                                    EURES, job mobility – EU pays jobless migrants to come to Britain, August 2015
                                                                                                                    Euro see Single Currency
                                                                                                                    European Arrest Warrent – UK opt-in is an EU power-grab, July 2014
                                                                                                                    European Commission President – EC President has the sole right to promulgate EU-wide legislation, July 2014
                                                                                                                    European Rapid Reaction Force – EU launches its own army, Nov 2000
                                                                                                                    Exams – EU to scrap British exams, Jan 2000
                                                                                                                    Expenses, corporate credit cards – EU officials spends £85 million on specially issued credit cards, August 2015
                                                                                                                    Excavated earth – Excavated earth to become waste, March 1995
                                                                                                                    Eye tests, for HGV drivers – HGV drivers not permitted to wear glasses, February 1996

F
                                                                                                                    Farming, organic, homeopathy – Organic farmers ordered by EU to use homeopathic medicine, Apr 2015
                                                                                                                    Farms, toys – Farmers forced to issue pigs with toys, Jan 2003
                                                                                                                    Farms, tractors – Tractors to be banned from soggy fields, Jan 2005
                                                                                                                    Fines, driving, speeding tickets – EU to fine British drivers , Jan 2017
                                                                                                                    Firearms, sale of – Britain to be flooded with cheap weapons thanks to the single market, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Fire doors, required when working from home – Self-employed home-workers must equip their houses with fire doors, Jun 1993
                                                                                                                    Fire exit signs – Running battle over fire exit rules, Dec 1998
                                                                                                                    Firemen, fireman’s pole – Fireman’s pole to be axed by European law, Jun 2002
                                                                                                                    Firemen, uniforms – New uniforms for firemen, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Fire protection, furniture – Will the single market ban foam-filled furniture?, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Fireworks – EC to weaken firework safety standards, Oct 1993
                                                                                                                    Fisheries, Common Fisheries Policy – Common Fisheries Policy is illegal under British law, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Fishermen, hairnets – Commission to force fishermen to wear hair-nets, Oct 1992
                                                                                                                    Fishing boats, condom supplies – Fishing boats obliged to carry condoms, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Fishing boats, medical kits – Small inshore fishing boats to be forced to carry extensive medical kits, Dec 1994
                                                                                                                    Fishing boats, secret holds and quotas – UK fish quota being stolen aided by “conspicuous” lack of inspectors, Jul 1993
                                                                                                                    Fish, labelling – EU to force retailers to call fish by their Latin names, Sep 2001
                                                                                                                    Fish processing, smells – EC Directive orders “fishy smell” to be contained, Jan 1994
                                                                                                                    Flag, EU flag – UK authorities forced to fly EU flag, Jan 2014
                                                                                                                    Floods – EU to blame for floods, Jan 2016
                                                                                                                    Flushing, toilets, eco-labels – EU wants to regulate toilets, Oct 2013
                                                                                                                    Food, Allergen rules – UK diners will face £200m for EU allergen rules, Nov 2014
                                                                                                                    Food, ingredients – Home-made cakes must be labelled with all ingredients, Jul 2004
                                                                                                                    Food, ingredients – Women’s Institute home-made produce requires full list of ingredients, Jun 2005
                                                                                                                    Food hygiene, cricket teas – Traditional cricket teas will be subjected to random hygiene checks, Apr 1993
                                                                                                                    Food, meat – Local meat products under threat from new EC Health Directives, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Food, rare meat in restaurants – Rare meat to be banned due to “too much bacteria”, Sep 1993
                                                                                                                    Food, street vendors – Street vendors face closure due to an EC food hygiene Directive, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Food products, tin cans – Queries over tin can standardisation, Mar 1993
                                                                                                                    Foodstuffs, colours for – Commission outlaws dyes which give haddocks their distinctive golden hue, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Foodstuffs, condiments in sachets – Condiments must be offered in sachets, Apr 1993
                                                                                                                    Food supplements – EC to stop UK citizens taking extra strong multi-vitamin pills, Feb 1993
                                                                                                                    Food waste, for swans, charities etc. – Feeding swans and homeless people to require license, Feb 1994
                                                                                                                    Football matches, noise – Noise regulations to require club, pub and football goers to wear earplugs, Mar 2002
                                                                                                                    Free movement, residency, benefits, NHS – EU rights to reside in another member state, EU benefit claimants and NHS treatment entitlement, Feb 2013
                                                                                                                    Fridges, temperature – Barmy EU colder fridges’ order will cost us £100m, Dec 2011
                                                                                                                    Fridges, dumping – EU environmental plans lead to thousands of dumped fridges, Nov 2004
                                                                                                                    Fruit and vegetables (see also Apples; Bananas; Cucumbers; Leeks; Mushy peas; Nectarines; Peaches; Rhubarb; Strawberries), quality standards – Quality standards ban curved cucumbers and certain apples, Jun 1993
                                                                                                                    Funerals – Traditional Irish funerals under threat, Apr 2006
                                                                                                                    Furniture, foam-filled (fire protection) – Will the single market ban foam-filled furniture?, Jan 1993

G
                                                                                                                    Gambling venues, ID requirements – ID required at casinos, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    Game birds, emtryl – EC rules will ruin rearers of game birds, Jan 1996
                                                                                                                    Game birds – Farmers to be encouraged to mow land early resulting in “massacre” of game, May 1993
                                                                                                                    Game birds, wild game meat – Hunters to be required to carry a fridge and be accompanied by a vet, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Gardening, plants – EU wants to ban sale of British plants, Sep 2013
                                                                                                                    Gin, round vs. square bottles – Gin to be sold in round bottles for the Single Market, Oct 1993
                                                                                                                    Global warming – ‘Open skies’ treaty threatens fight against global warming, Feb 2006
                                                                                                                    Gold – British hallmark for silver and gold to be replaced, March 1993
                                                                                                                    GPs see Doctors and GPs
                                                                                                                    Grimsby, fishy smell – EC Directive orders “fishy smell” to be contained, Jan 1994
                                                                                                                    Guns, museums – EU to force museums to destroy gun collections, Dec 2015

H
                                                                                                                    Habeas Corpus – EU set to abandon habeas corpus, Nov 1998
                                                                                                                    Haddock, dye for – Commission outlaws dyes which give haddocks their distinctive golden hue, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Hairdressers, safety at work – EU bans high heels for salon staff, Apr 2012
                                                                                                                    Hairnets, fishermen – Commission to force fishermen to wear hair-nets, Oct 1992
                                                                                                                    Hallmarks – Hallmarks on jewellery, Mar 1998
                                                                                                                    Hallmarks – British hallmark for silver and gold to be replaced, Mar 1993
                                                                                                                    Hallmarks – “Made in Britain” label to be scrapped, Nov 2003
                                                                                                                    Hard hats – Circus performers must wear hard hats, Jul 2003
                                                                                                                    Hay fever, rapeseed – EU responsible for your hay fever, May 2015
                                                                                                                    Hedgerows – Brussels to tear up hedgerows, Mar 2000
                                                                                                                    Herbal cures – Brussels to ban herbal cures, Mar 1999
                                                                                                                    Herbal medicines – License to be required to sell herbal medicines, Oct 1994
                                                                                                                    Herbal medicines – Update on whether license to be required to sell herbal medicines, Nov 1994
                                                                                                                    HGV drivers, driving licences and eye tests – HGV drivers not permitted to wear glasses, Feb 1996
                                                                                                                    HGV rules – Barmy EU rule which forces mechanics to carry out specialist driving training is to be scrapped, Aug 2013
                                                                                                                    HGV training rules – Christmas deliveries put at risk by EU, Dec 2014
                                                                                                                    History, teaching of – History programmes to be more euro-centric, Jul 1999
                                                                                                                    Holidays, package tours – Package tour firms may only be paid once customers have returned home, Nov 1993
                                                                                                                    Home-made produce, ingredients – Women’s Institute home-made produce requires full list of ingredients, Jun 2005
                                                                                                                    Homeopathy, organic farming – Organic farmers ordered by EU to use homeopathic medicine, Apr 2015
                                                                                                                    Home working, fire doors required – Self-employed home-workers must equip their houses with fire doors, Jun 1993
                                                                                                                    Horses, veterinary products – Horses to no longer receive medicine that would make them unsafe for consumption, Jan 1994
                                                                                                                    Hot-air balloons – Commission wasting hundreds of thousands on hot air balloons, Nov 1992

I
                                                                                                                    ID, European ID – European identity cards to be required by all EU citizens, Sep 1999
                                                                                                                    ID, required for gambling venues – ID required at casinos, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    ID, requirements for opening bank accounts – Children to be prevented from opening bank accounts due to ID laws, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    Immunity, Diplomatic – EU workers immune from law, Mar 2005
                                                                                                                    Imperial measurements, pounds and ounces – EU bans punds and ounces, Sep 2016
                                                                                                                    Independent cinema, film – EU threat to British film industry, Feb 2015
                                                                                                                    Island, definition of – Bureaucrats declare Britain is “not an island”, Jan 2003

J
                                                                                                                    Jam jars – Reusing jars for homemade jams for sale at charity events, Oct 2012
                                                                                                                    Jam, sugar content – EU wants to cut minimum sugar content in jam, Nov, 2013
                                                                                                                    Jets, low-flying – MOD to be forced to pay compensation for military jet noise pollution, Dec 1995
                                                                                                                    Job mobility, EURES – EU pays jobless migrants to come to Britain, August 2015
                                                                                                                    Journalism, and data protection – Data protection laws to “kill-off” investigative journalism, Oct 1993
                                                                                                                    Justice (see also European Court of Human Rights)
                                                                                                                    Justice, habeas corpus – EU set to abandon habeas corpus. Nov 1998
                                                                                                                    Justice, sentencing – EU to scrap life sentence, Oct 2004
                                                                                                                    Justice, wigs – Traditional barristers wig to be scrapped, Apr 2002

K
                                                                                                                    Kent, county of – Kent now part of France, Sep 2006
                                                                                                                    Kettles, toasters – EU to regulate your kettles and toasters, May 2016
                                                                                                                    Kilts – Kilts to be classified as women’s wear, Nov 2003

L
                                                                                                                    Labelling – Row over Latin labels, May 1999
                                                                                                                    Lamp posts – EC to replace traditional street lamps, Jun 1993
                                                                                                                    Landfills, recycling targets – EU steps up recycling targets to eliminate landfills, July 2014
                                                                                                                    Lawnmowers – Brussels targeting lawnmowers, Sep 2014
                                                                                                                    Language skills, doctors – UK hospitals have to employ people who do not speak English, Apr 2012
                                                                                                                    Lead, toys, crayons – Eurocrats are clamping down on colouring pencils (Jan, 2017)
                                                                                                                    Leeks – Leek sizes to be standardised by EU, Mar 2002
                                                                                                                    Library, Commission – EC library to cost £2,138 for every book borrowed, Feb 2005
                                                                                                                    Licence fees, broadcasting – EC planning to ban license fees as “state aids”, Sep 1994
                                                                                                                    Licence plates, motor vehicles – Commission to push for euro-wide licence plate, Oct 1994
                                                                                                                    License plates – Brussels to ban British emblems on licence plates, Aug 1999
                                                                                                                    Life sentencing – EU to scrap life sentence, Oct 2004
                                                                                                                    Light ale – What’s in a name, May 2005
                                                                                                                    Light bulbs – Light bulbs lose wattage marking, May 2009
                                                                                                                    Listeria – Hysteria about listeria, Feb 1995
                                                                                                                    Lollipop ladies – EU to ban lollipop ladies’ sticks, Jul 1999
                                                                                                                    Lollipop signs – Lollipop signs to receive European wide harmonised design, Jun 1995
                                                                                                                    Lorries – New EU rules will wipe out 17,000 lorry firms, Jun 1998

M
                                                                                                                    Made in Britain – Bags made in the UK from leather made in Italy will no longer be able to use a “Made in Britain” tag, Aug 2013
                                                                                                                    Maps – No EU plans to abolish Britain!, Apr 2008
                                                                                                                    Maps – Kent now part of France, Sep 2006
                                                                                                                    Maps, UK – EU redraws map of the UK, Apr 1999
                                                                                                                    Maps – Bureaucrats declare Britain is “not an island”, Jan 2003
                                                                                                                    Maps, London – Trafalgar Square and Waterloo station to be renamed, Oct 2003
                                                                                                                    Markets, Nottingham – EU rules restricting market stalls from having tills, May 2016
                                                                                                                    Meat, British, Union flag – EU wants to ban Union flag from British meat packs, Sep 2013
                                                                                                                    Meat, pork chops – Pork chops can no longer be sold with kidneys, Feb 1993
                                                                                                                    Meat, rare, in restaurants – Rare meat to be banned due to “too much bacteria”, Sep 1993
                                                                                                                    Meat products, hygiene standards – Local meat products under threat from new EC Health Directives, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Media, control, regulation – Brussels wants to control media regulators, Jan 2013
                                                                                                                    Medical devices – European Commission approve unsafe high-risk medical devices, Jul 2016
                                                                                                                    Medical kits, for fishing boats – Small inshore fishing boats to be forced to carry extensive medical kits, Dec 1994
                                                                                                                    Medicines (see also Veterinary products)
                                                                                                                    Medicines, herbal – License to be required to sell herbal medicines, Oct 1994
                                                                                                                    Medicines, herbal – Update on whether license to be required to sell herbal medicines, Nov 1994
                                                                                                                    Medicines, labelling – Medicines to receive Latin labelling, May 1999
                                                                                                                    Medicines, use of human medicines on animals – Human medicines to be forbidden for use on animals, Feb/Mar 1995
                                                                                                                    Metrication – Brussels drive to rob us of British identity, June 2010
                                                                                                                    Metrication – EU imposes metric measurements on UK, Jan 2001
                                                                                                                    Metrication – Pinta and loaf packaging under threat, Jan 2006
                                                                                                                    Metrication, acres – Acres are outlawed by Brussels, Jul 2008
                                                                                                                    Metrication, sale of mixed drink pints – EU to ban sales of mixed drink pints in pubs, Nov 1994
                                                                                                                    Metrication, weighing instruments – Delicacies must be sold in quantities over one and a quarter pounds, Feb 1995
                                                                                                                    Metrication, wine sales – Wine must be served in government stamped glasses by standard quantities, Dec 1994
                                                                                                                    Migration – Outrage as EU stitch Brits up over migrants, Jun 2003
                                                                                                                    Migration, benefits – Brussels grabbing UK welfare, 2012
                                                                                                                    Migration, benefit tourism – 600,000 unemployed EU migrants in the UK, October 2013
                                                                                                                    Migration, tax avoidance – EU migrants can avoid tax in the UK, Jan 2014
                                                                                                                    Military, army vehicles – Army to be forced to upgrade trailers in line with EU Directive, Jun 2005
                                                                                                                    Milk, bottles – EU to ban glass milk bottles, Jul 2001
                                                                                                                    Milk, butter – Traditional brandy butter to be banned, Jun 1998
                                                                                                                    Milk, doorstep pint – Open air floats and glass bottles to face ban under hygiene laws, Mar 1993
                                                                                                                    Milk, jugs – Euro meddlers rule we can’t have milk jugs, Feb 2010
                                                                                                                    Milk, milk-rounds – Children will be banned from milk-rounds due to EU directive, Aug 1998
                                                                                                                    Milk, soya – Soya milk indistinguishable from cow milk and thus to be banned, April 1995
                                                                                                                    Milk, yoghurt – EU plans to rename yogurt, Nov 2003
                                                                                                                    Milk of Magnesia – EU to ban Milk of Magnesia, Jul 2013
                                                                                                                    Mince pies – EU to rename mince pies, Oct 2002
                                                                                                                    Model railways – Model railways under threat from EU, May 2002
                                                                                                                    Money laundering – Children to be prevented from opening bank accounts due to ID laws, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    Money laundering – ID required at casinos, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    Monuments, photography – EU banning tourist photos of the London Eye, June 2015
                                                                                                                    Mother Christmas outfits – Politically correct Eurocrats say Santa must be a woman, Oct 2001
                                                                                                                    Motor vehicles, bull bars – EU halting British move to ban bull bars, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    Motor vehicles, car washing – EC to demand petrol interceptors in drains or ban car washing, Nov 1993
                                                                                                                    Motor vehicles, licence plates – Commission to push for euro-wide licence plate, Oct 1994
                                                                                                                    Motor vehicles, MOT tests – British MOT tests to be made less stringent, Apr 1994
                                                                                                                    Motor vehicles, trailers – Army to be forced to upgrade trailers in line with EU Directive, Jun 2005
                                                                                                                    Motorway parapets – Councils required to upgrade motorway parapets, Feb 1994
                                                                                                                    Mountaineering see Climbers; Rescue services
                                                                                                                    Mountains, signs – “High up” signs to be put on mountains, Mar 2004
                                                                                                                    Mozzarella, cheese – EU calling for Italians to produce mozzarella using powdered milk, July 2015
                                                                                                                    MPs, Roma – EU could impose quotas of Roma MPs in the UK, Sep 2013
                                                                                                                    Murderers, release dates – Compulsory release dates for murderers, Mar 1994
                                                                                                                    Mushy peas – Commission to outlaw mushy peas, Aug 1995
                                                                                                                    Mushrooms – EU rule may cut mushroom jobs, Aug 1998
                                                                                                                    Mussels – Shellfish must be given rest breaks whilst on journeys, Jan 1996
                                                                                                                    Mustard, French – EU axes French mustard, Apr 2001

N
                                                                                                                    News channel, Euro – European news network and soap opera authorised by EC, Jun 1993
                                                                                                                    Newspaper delivery, by young people – Young people forced to give up paper rounds, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Newspapers, VAT – UK government forced to abolish zero rate VAT in books and newspapers, Mar 1993
                                                                                                                    NHS, benefits, free movement, residency – EU rights to reside in another member state, EU benefit claimants and NHS treatment entitlement, Feb 2013
                                                                                                                    Noise pollution, bagpipes – EU safety directives to ban playgrounds, trapeze artists and bagpipes, Aug 2005
                                                                                                                    Noise pollution, bagpipes – Bagpipes to be quietened by an edict from Brussels, Apr 2008
                                                                                                                    Noise pollution, Cannons – 21-gun salutes to be muffled, Mar 2006
                                                                                                                    Noise pollution, church bells – Village church bells silenced by EU, Oct 2002
                                                                                                                    Noise pollution, low-flying jets – MOD to be forced to pay compensation for military jet noise pollution, Dec 1995
                                                                                                                    Noise pollution, night clubs and pubs – Noise regulations to require club, pub and football goers to wear earplugs, Mar 2002
                                                                                                                    Noise pollution, toys – EC to ban noisy toys, Jan 1996
                                                                                                                    Nottingham, Sneiton Market – EU rules restricting market stalls from having tills, May 2016
                                                                                                                    Noise pollution, earmuffs at work – EU to enforce earmuff ruling, Jan 2002
                                                                                                                    Number plates – Brussels imposes EU flag on car number plates, Aug 1998
                                                                                                                    Number plates – British car number plates to be axed by EU, April 2014
                                                                                                                    Nurses, traditional belts and buckles – Nurses uniform to be dictated by Brussels, Oct 1996

O
                                                                                                                    Oak trees – EU to prevent the sale of English oak seeds, Nov 1994
                                                                                                                    Organic farming, homeopathy – Organic farmers ordered by EU to use homeopathic medicine, Apr 2015
                                                                                                                    Off-licenses – EU to ban British off-licenses, Feb 2005
                                                                                                                    Oil – EU to seize UK oil stock, May 2003
                                                                                                                    Olympics – EU funds Athens Olympics rescue, Apr 2004
                                                                                                                    Origin marking – “Made in Britain” labels to be axed, Jan 2004
                                                                                                                    Ovens, wood burning – Brussels to ban wood burning ovens, Dec 1999

P
                                                                                                                    Package tours, passenger transport – EC regulations forbid the carrying of British passengers, Nov 1992
                                                                                                                    Packaging – Pinta and loaf packing under threat from EU, Jan 2006
                                                                                                                    Packaging, British meat – EU wants to ban Union flag from British meat packs, Sep 2013
                                                                                                                    Paddling pools – Paddling pools deeper than 12 inches must have full-time lifeguard, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Passports – European passport will replace national passports, Oct 2000
                                                                                                                    Passports – Her Majesty to be removed from UK passports, Sep 2007
                                                                                                                    Pasta – Fresh pasta banned, Apr 2002
                                                                                                                    Peaches – Eurocrats to ban small fruits, Jul 2001
                                                                                                                    Peas, mushy – Commission to outlaw mushy peas, Aug 1995
                                                                                                                    Pensions – Eurocrat pensioners dodge taxes, July 2012
                                                                                                                    Pensions, final salary scheme – EU will force the closure of final salary pensions chemes, Feb 2012
                                                                                                                    Perfume – EU threatens future of Chanel and Dior perfumes, May 2014
                                                                                                                    Peru, drugs – Taxpayers money used to rehabilitate Peruvian drug addicts, Jul 2014
                                                                                                                    Petrol prices – EU behind 3p a litre petrol price hike, July 2014
                                                                                                                    Petrol stations, control of petrol storage emissions – Hundreds of small petrol stations to be forced to meet new Vapour regulations, Feb 1993
                                                                                                                    Petrol stations, use of jerrycans – EC legislation forbids the use of jerrycans on garage forecourts, Apr 1993
                                                                                                                    Pets, dead – Dead pets must be pressure cooked before burial, Mar 2000
                                                                                                                    Phones, poll tax (see also Telephone enquiries)
                                                                                                                    Phone tax – Commission to tax every phone line £30, Sep 2000
                                                                                                                    Photography, tourism – EU banning tourist photos of the London Eye, June 2015
                                                                                                                    Pies, mince – EU to rename mince pies, Oct 2002
                                                                                                                    Pigs, toys – Farmers forced to issue pigs with toys, Jan 2003
                                                                                                                    Pine trees, rosin – Rosin to be banned from use in products, Apr 1995
                                                                                                                    Pints, legality of sale in pubs – EU to ban sales of mixed drink pints in pubs, Nov 1994
                                                                                                                    Pizza ovens – Wood burning ovens to be banned, Dec 1999
                                                                                                                    Pizza, sizes – EU to regulate pizza sizes, Oct 1994
                                                                                                                    Place names – EU to rename UK place names, Oct 2003
                                                                                                                    Planes, low flying jets – MOD to be forced to pay compensation for military jet noise pollution, Dec 1995
                                                                                                                    Plants – EU money wasted on plants and wildlife, Aug 2001
                                                                                                                    Plants – EU wants to ban sale of British plants, Sep 2013
                                                                                                                    Plasma screen TVs – Banning plasma TVs, Jan 2009
                                                                                                                    Playgrounds, safety – EU safety directives to ban playgrounds, trapeze artists and bagpipes, Aug 2005
                                                                                                                    Playgrounds, safety – Safety rules force the closure of UK playgrounds, Oct 2003
                                                                                                                    Playgrounds, safety, speed limits – Speed limits to be enforced on children’s roundabouts, Oct 2004
                                                                                                                    Playgrounds, safety, swings – A village has to remove its swings due to safety rules, Jan 2003
                                                                                                                    Plugs, Euro-plugs – UK to be forced to adopt continental two pin plug, Jun 1994
                                                                                                                    Police, European – A European integrated police force to be implemented, Apr 2001
                                                                                                                    Political parties, canvassing and direct mail – Political parties to be banned from canvassing and advertising, Nov 1993
                                                                                                                    Political parties, funding – EU to fund the Labour and LibDems but not the Conservatives, Jan 2000
                                                                                                                    Poppies – Remembrance Day poppies to face VAT charge, Aug 2003
                                                                                                                    Pork chops – Pork chops can no longer be sold with kidneys, Feb 1993
                                                                                                                    Pornography – UK screens being flooded by pornography as a result of new EC directive, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Postcards, saucy seaside – EC to ban “sexist” saucy seaside postcards, Mar 1993
                                                                                                                    Potato prices – Potato prices set to soar due to bad crop and EU rules, Jan 1995
                                                                                                                    Pounds and ounces, imperial measurements, – EU bans punds and ounces, Sep 2016
                                                                                                                    Prams, second hand – EC to prevent the sale of second hand prams, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Prawn cocktail crisps – EC to ban prawn cocktail crisps, Jan 1993
                                                                                                                    Prison release dates – EU rules on compulsory release dates for murderers, Mar 1994
                                                                                                                    Prizes – EU to ban prizes over 70k on prize shows, May 2003
                                                                                                                    Promotions – 2-for1 bargains to be banned, Sep 1999
                                                                                                                    Propaganda, brainwashing – EU brainwashing children, Jan 2012
                                                                                                                    Public procurement rules – How EU rules weeded out Parliament’s loyal florist, Jul 2013
                                                                                                                    Pubs, barmaids – EU health directive to prevent barmaids from showing cleavage, Aug 2005
                                                                                                                    Pubs, darts – Commission plans to outlaws darts in Pubs, Jun 1993
                                                                                                                    Pubs, language – You’re alright, love – The EU is not banning saying ‘love’ in pubs, Mar 2008
                                                                                                                    Pubs, noise – Noise regulations to require club, pub and football goers to wear earplugs, Mar 2002
                                                                                                                    Pubs, price list display – EC planning to make British pubs display their price lists, Jul 1993
                                                                                                                    Pubs, sale of cigars – Sales of cigars to fall due to be sold individually with a health warning, Jan 1994
                                                                                                                    Pubs, sale of pints – EU to ban sales of mixed drink pints in pubs, Nov 1994

Q
                                                                                                                    The Queen, dogs – Queen’s corgis to be outlawed – Apr 2002
                                                                                                                    Queen, tea – Queen to be forced to get her own tea, Feb 1999

Z
                                                                                                                    Zips – EU plans to ban zipper trousers, May 1999

I had to stop at r- z as I ran out of room
                                                                                                                    some hilarious stuff here

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                      Medium child is experimenting with what he can get away with in terms of 'bad language'. This usually manifests itself in telling younger sister that she's a shithead or a fucker, watching her run to Dad\Mum and gauging what the reaction is so that he can ramp it up\dial it down for the next iteration.

I just ignore it.
                                                                                                                      Kids are gas

The almost 9-year-old was having a "movie night" on Friday as normal. Now, I had already been to the hospital and on a drip for the CT Scan Contrast reaction and was rather red looking. She asked if it was ok to use the F-word for something. I said, just this once...

"Fucking hell, look at your skin"

That was all she wanted to say!

Just got out the hospital a few hours ago. My arms are bruised to fk and I don't think I have any blood left in me. That has been a tough two weeks I tell ya!

Comment

Maurice McCabe deserves a medal. What a man. How he didn't cave in is astonishing. A hero of our time.

Comment

You can see why the foaming-at-the-mouth Brexiteers are up in arms.

This still is nothing like a 'deal'. Future trading relationship is still as murky as ever.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X