Single ante query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single ante query

Been using the single Button ante for a while now and working well but this cropped up the other night. Blinds 1,000/2,000 but button only has 800 left. He puts that out as the ante meaning it's short but thats not the main issue. He didnt win the hand but if he did what was he entitled to win? 800 from each player in the hand? Or just the 800 ante he posted?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

An interesting one definitely.

Imo, he'd only be entitled to win his ante back for that hand.

The next hand he'd be in the cut off and if he went all in, he'd be entitled to 800 from any player involved in the hand plus 800 of the 2,000 ante.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge and experience will answer but I think I'd be fairly close with what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      An interesting one definitely.

The next hand he'd be in the cut off and if he went all in, he'd be entitled to 800 from any player involved in the hand plus 800 of the 2,000 ante.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge and experience will answer but I think I'd be fairly close with what I said.

Would he not be entitled to the full ante?

Comment

On a similar note, when using the BB ante if a player in the BB has only say 1,000 and the Bb and BB ante is higher, his 1,000 stands as an ante or a blind?

Comment

Originally posted by RossiesAbu View Post
          On a similar note, when using the BB ante if a player in the BB has only say 1,000 and the Bb and BB ante is higher, his 1,000 stands as an ante or a blind?
          Can actually be either depending on venue. Ante most common id imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoPokerTour View Post
            Been using the single Button ante for a while now and working well but this cropped up the other night. Blinds 1,000/2,000 but button only has 800 left. He puts that out as the ante meaning it's short but thats not the main issue. He didnt win the hand but if he did what was he entitled to win? 800 from each player in the hand? Or just the 800 ante he posted?
            So you changed your rules without actually knowing your new rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
              Shut up grumpy

Comment

Seriously thou Dice, you couldn’t make it up.

Comment

So it would seem.
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

It’s not even new if you think about it. In the old format a player could be down to 100 chips at 2k/4K (400 ante) and be on the button etc and be all in for less than a full ante, he’s treated the same now with the button ante, ie can win ante but not blinds.

Comment

It’s not even new if you think about it. In the old format a player could be down to 100 chips at 2k/4K (400 ante) and be on the button etc and be all in for less than a full ante, he’s treated the same now with the button ante, ie can win ante but not blinds.
                      Back today in the Pokerstars game at the 2k/4k/4k level and theyve already raced off the 100 AND 500 chips. Gonna have to make it 8600 first hand out of spite.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I agree with your first interpretation.
                        He post the ante for the table, and has no chips to call the BB, and thus has so stake in the pot. Ante then blinds.

But that interpretation makes your cutoff scenario incorrect.
                        If he wins, and makes it to the cut off. His only action is to call a portion of the blinds. The ante doesn't require a call and because we established that it's Ante then blinds, he's in for the full ante and 800 from every blind/call.

Comment

Working...
                        X