Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an android box for a test while I'm out work for a bit. What app can I use for movies and sports?
    Cheers
    Pm if necessary

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
      Bit slow around here today, bit more effort plz
      Hold tight my man.
      On the road doin 10 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        There is a new direct ferry service starting between Cork and Santander in northern Spain starting in April.

The crossing will take 26 hours and will presumably be used by no one.
        Might be better/quicker for commercial traffic than Rosslare Le-Havre for trade in Portugal, Spain, South of France, Italy even.
        Even better if overland UK gets problematic post Brexit.

I'm guessing it'll be a fairly functional vessel, no frills that foot passengers would want.

Comment

There is a new direct ferry service starting between Cork and Santander in northern Spain starting in April.

The crossing will take 26 hours and will presumably be used by no one.
          I'd use it if I was driving to Ireland and the price was right. I've done north France-Rosslare a few times and I'd prefer the shorter drive from Spain, it wouldn't save time but it would save money in fuel and tolls and I'd have spent more time resting over the total journey time.

Presumably the ferry company has done the research on it.
          I'm pretty sure that route existed before, I remember pricing it but it was a lot more money and the ship was a bit ragged if I remember correctly, a lot of truckers would have used it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

There's a Reddit thread discussing how Steve Bannon has apparently been subpoenaed by Mueller, and someone comes out with... 'and we aren't even two Mooches into 2018 yet'...

I'm weak

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Used to be a crazy amount of trade going from all across Northern Europe to Cork.
                That explains the auctioneer speed of the Corkl accent boy.

Comment

Non-sticking snow is just the worst.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

God I miss the mooch.
                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

The most recent Derry Girls was very good. Something very nice about that series. Is there any other gems of Brit tv that are worth catching up on from the last six months or so? I presume McMafia is worth a watch? Then the obvious Peaky Blinders + Detectorists.
                      The end of the fucking world on Netflix is a good, short series.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Non-sticking snow is just the worst.
                        Must be sticking by now Shirley - time to wake em up for a snowball fight as probably gone by morning.

Comment

Gnite
                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

Comment

I wonder could anyone offer any suggestions on this. I'm looking to find a meeting room for 10 people preferably in Dublin 1 (as close to Talbot Street as possible) to rent of a Tuesday evening. It's for a study group from the Buddhist Centre, as on Tuesdays the Centre is full up, and Dance Ireland were renting to us but can only offer us once a month now.

We have little money for it. We were paying €40 from 7:00-9:30 which was amazing in Dance Ireland. We could maybe go up to €70/€80 or so.

Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Comment

Could check is anywhere in the clockwork door suitable, they have a few rooms and do group rates, I know the owners tell 'em tar sent ye. I've had events there for a fiver each before that were longer than yours, they are more open to groups/cheaper prices on weekdays too. Free tea/coffee/biscuits/toast there too.

I don't know much about the teachers club but could inquire there as i know they host meetings.

Both are a few minutes from talbot.
                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 17-01-18, 01:01.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                The end of the fucking world on Netflix is a good, short series.
                                Saw this the other day. Its very good. Found it quite funny. Very dark though.
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Somebody just rang my office, asked for me my name, to let me know Brilliance China Automotive have set to announce a deal with Tesla. Now I know this is some sort of Wolf of Wall street-esque pump and dump.
                                  But the degenerate in me wants the gambol

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    Somebody just rang my office, asked for me my name, to let me know Brilliance China Automotive have set to announce a deal with Tesla. Now I know this is some sort of Wolf of Wall street-esque pump and dump.
                                    But the degenerate in me wants the gambol

https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/1114:HK
                                    Seems like a flawless plan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      Must be sticking by now Shirley - time to wake em up for a snowball fight as probably gone by morning.
                                      Had enough snowballs last week to last 'em a year at least.

Awful feeling that kids now assuming an annual ski holiday is a done deal in perpetuity.

Comment

Had enough snowballs last week to last 'em a year at least.

Awful feeling that kids now assuming an annual ski holiday is a done deal in perpetuity.
                                        I admire your commitment to raising them in the great traditions of the Celtic Tiger.

Bravo sir!
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          Seems like a flawless plan to me.
                                          Roulette innit

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                            Got an android box for a test while I'm out work for a bit. What app can I use for movies and sports?
                                            Cheers
                                            Pm if necessary
                                            check the general cousins
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Media extremely quiet on Amnesty’s refusal to hand back the George Soros money. Whatever your opinion on the intended target for this donation, you must be worried that there will eventually be a referendum you won’t agree with and to have foreign agents so blatantly interfering is totally unacceptable.

Comment

Jack reminds me of an oul lad I knew who when in his 60's started a university degree course called something like Women's studies and progressive feminism. He'd turn up at the seminars and introduce topics like A woman's place is in the home. It ended up they all came to love him but he was a genuine rouge
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                  Media extremely quiet on Amnesty’s refusal to hand back the George Soros money. Whatever your opinion on the intended target for this donation, you must be worried that there will eventually be a referendum you won’t agree with and to have foreign agents so blatantly interfering is totally unacceptable.
                                                  Whats to report? 'Nothing much happened on Soros/AI/SIPO story in last 24 hours' isn't a headline that's going to sell much.

Comment

Yup, there's definitely no foreign money being funneled into the other side through religious groups....

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Jack reminds me of an oul lad I knew who when in his 60's started a university degree course called something like Women's studies and progressive feminism. He'd turn up at the seminars and introduce topics like A woman's place is in the home. It ended up they all came to love him but he was a genuine rouge
                                                      What, like a French communist?
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Looks like McG getting stripped so Ferguson can fight Khabib for title.about time

Comment

Long thread where Hugo Rifkind engages with an professional not Nazi just a ordinary decent white supremacist. Some revealing insights into the way these kind of lads think and its easy to connect the dots from his squirming to the rhetoric has become central to mainstream Republican politics.

Comment

Whats the word on the street down In Keane/Careca land about the Kerry Babies saga being resurrected at this time?

I suppose you wouldn't need to be a tin foil hat wearer to expect that if you trawled RIP.ie from the last year or two you might find some Guard, political, business or other powerful figure whose demise makes this safe to do now.
                                                            There must be some reason beyond their own culpability why the Guards never bothered doing this during the last 15 years when it was an obvious route to travel and just about every other cold case where dna was available was investigated

Joanne Hayes must be made of some tough stuff, fair play and good luck to her.

Comment

Long thread where Hugo Rifkind engages with an professional not Nazi just a ordinary decent white supremacist. Some revealing insights into the way these kind of lads think and its easy to connect the dots from his squirming to the rhetoric has become central to mainstream Republican politics.

reading the thread, it seems to be I believe exactly what I'm saying at this moment and what I said just prior to this or just past this has no bearing on it.

Diems are being carpéd like a motherfucker.

Also, if you use some words more than 3 syllables you can nonchalantly say you are in favor of mass deportations of entire ethnic groups
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Whats the word on the street down In Keane/Careca land about the Kerry Babies saga being resurrected at this time?

I suppose you wouldn't need to be a tin foil hat wearer to expect that if you trawled RIP.ie from the last year or two you might find some Guard, political, business or other powerful figure whose demise makes this safe to do now.
                                                                There must be some reason beyond their own culpability why the Guards never bothered doing this during the last 15 years when it was an obvious route to travel and just about every other cold case where dna was available was investigated

Joanne Hayes must be made of some tough stuff, fair play and good luck to her.
                                                                This would barely register with me tbh, might be different for auld fellas like careca.

Comment

Loving this report, they are just beyond giving an iota of a shit at this stage

But President Trump could benefit from more exercise and losing weight, the presidential physician said after Mr. Trump’s annual physical.

But he did say that Mr. Trump’s weight is 239 pounds and that he is too sedentary.
                                                                  “It’s called genetics,” Dr. Jackson said. “I told the president if he had eaten healthier over the last 25 years, he might live to be 200.”
                                                                  Trump is 6,3 239 pounds
                                                                  239 is 17 stone.
                                                                  just for comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                    I admire your commitment to raising them in the great traditions of the Celtic Tiger.

Bravo sir!
                                                                    They're going to V's bootcamp for the Easter Break.

He'll inculcate the right attitudes I have no doubt.

Comment

Are you smarter than a ten-year-old?We all remember the dread of those multiplication tables in Primary School.None of that adding...

Comment

They're going to V's bootcamp for the Easter Break.

He'll inculcate the right attitudes I have no doubt.
                                                                        Bigly Boy

Comment

This would barely register with me tbh, might be different for auld fellas like careca.
                                                                          lol.

No idea SP to be honest. Either what you suggest or joanne Hayes is only taking a case now. Plus the improvements in DNA testing I'd imagine.

Comment

FAO SP

Comment

the comments here make Soros sound like a Bond villain

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                0.26

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                  0.26
                                                                                  m8

Comment

managed to watch a few more films.

the darkest hour. Great movie and what a performance by Gary Oldman

Lucky. This is one of those films where nothing happens but everything changes. another fantastic acting performance.

the red turtle. Silent animated movie by Studio Ghibli. Beautiful piece of work and amazing score.

Comment

HQ UK and Ireland about to start btw

Comment

@hotspur
                                                                                        I was considering going to see this Buddhist yoke. Saw a review that claimed it is 'deathly dull'.
                                                                                        Any viewing you'd recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                          HQ UK and Ireland about to start btw
                                                                                          4 players into the last question and they got it all wrong

Comment

Dunno if he'd be a fan of the black stuff now.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              Dunno if he'd be a fan of the black stuff now.
                                                                                              it's got a white head.

Reminds me of that old joke:

Why is a pint of Guinness like a priest?

SPOILER

It's got a black body, a white collar and if you get a bad one, it'll rip the arse off you
                                                                                              .

Comment

Went to see Mollys Game the other night.

SPOILER
                                                                                                Player X has to be Tobey Maguire. I've read so many stories about him being a creep.

Entertaining for the most part though.

Decent lol at the part where she rakes a game for the first time. Like the table wouldn't be in fucking uproar at this dealer nonchalantly and unexpectedly taking 2% of a 2million pot.

Can you imagine that in the jackpot.
                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

M8s, If any of yis are bothered could you please vote for my brother's photo to win this thingy. There is two of them. Ta.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                      M8s, If any of yis are bothered could you please vote for my brother's photo to win this thingy. There is two of them. Ta.

http://www.huaweicreatives.ie/entran...nhdphotography
                                                                                                      They're actually pretty class. Done

Dunno why that stupid smiley face is on top
                                                                                                      Last edited by dobby; 17-01-18, 19:15.

Comment

Gave a research presentation today where it was hard to know if the accomplished audience were in awe of my work or stunned into silence by its naivety
                                                                                                        Yes, that awkward silence where you stop talking and say 'any questions?'

The usual question I get is 'what is it for'? Luckily the answer is 'whatever you want'.

Comment

...

Comment

Check out BBC4 show “by Royal Appointment” on now. Showing behind the scenes at John Lobb shoemakers. Cracking stuff for anyone into that sort of thing.
                                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

http://www.huaweicreatives.ie/entran...nhdphotography
                                                                                                              Cool pics, done now m8, gl to the bro. Skrrrrt pop pop.

Comment

...

Comment

On a similar note, just got confirmation of a booking for this place in LA. http://www.magiccastle.com

I are excite
                                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Emotional. Shane's 60th

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                          Went to see Mollys Game the other night.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Player X has to be Tobey Maguire. I've read so many stories about him being a creep.

Entertaining for the most part though.

Decent lol at the part where she rakes a game for the first time. Like the table wouldn't be in fucking uproar at this dealer nonchalantly and unexpectedly taking 2% of a 2million pot.

Can you imagine that in the jackpot.
                                                                                                                          How fucking hot is Jessica Chastain in it?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X